Saturn Reads Tarot
Saturn Reads Tarot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Donate Here

Ads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 Empty Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:12 am

First topic message reminder :

This is a visual novel. The setting is an Arthurian legend taking place in our time. Meet the pantheon and mythology of several cultures mixed together - including the Norse, Celt, Aztec and Japanese.
The NSFW screenshots will be hidden behind a link and password. Don't have it, you can ask me  Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 1f609
You know the deal, click on images to enlarge, click on links and use password to view the naughty stuff.
And without further ado, let us begin the story

Bore's home in the United States

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220628003120-1

"Oh... I can't believe it, my little baby is all grown up and leaving me." "Look, I'm 21. And I'm just going to college for my graduate stidies, not running away to join the Foreign Legion," Bore said. "But... but... it's in another country. Surely there must be nice collegues here in America you could go to? Maybe here in Frostburg, so you could still live at home?" "You know I love you Mom. But I really want to go there, they've got some really interesting courses that aren't offered here in the US. And they did offer me a full scholarship." "Yes, and I'm very proud of you. I can't remember if you told me... what was it awarded for?" she said. "Oh, I won it playing poker." "Oh, you're such a joker. So much like your father, God bless his soul. He could always bring a smile to my face no matter how sad I felt." "Mom... please don't stat crying. The cab will be here in a few minutes," he said. "You're ll I've got left from your father. And now you're leaving me, too." "Mom, he died before I was born. I know he meant a lot to you, but you've got to think about yourself as well." "He was... he wa one of a kind," she said. "You know I'll always be there for you, Mom." "(sniff) Anyway. Remember to call my friend the moment you touch down in England, okay?" "I'm going to Scotland, Mom," Bore corrected his mother. "Same thing. About my friend... do you have her phone number? Do you even remember her name?" "Og course, Mom." "That's good. And don't forget your computer," she said. "Laptop, Mom. Don't worry, I'm just charging it, so I've got something to do on the flight." "It's really nice that even on the plane you'll be studying. Such a good boy." "I doubt I'll be working. Just playing games and relaxing on the long flight," he said. "Well that's good. Wouldn't want you studying too hard." " It's nice of your friend to help me get settled in. Where do you know her from?" "Oh, she's a friend from... back then. When your father was here. We all stayed on a ranch in Oregon. There was always such life and happiness, and we'd all... well... never mind, you don't need to worry your little head about that. Grown-up stuff. Anyway, Chloe's an old friend, and she agreed to help you get settled in Edinburgh. I'm so glad you'll have someone there with you," she said. "Oh, great, Mom's middle aged friend is supposed to be my minder. So much for freedom, welcome crazy cat lady," Bore whispered to himself. "(sniff) I can't believe you're leaving me." "Mom. I'll be back at the end of the school year. We can chat over Facial and everything." "I'm sorry, dear. Iyt's just... you remind me so much of your father. It breaks my heart to lose you too," she said.
Bore gave his mother a tight hug.
"I love you, Mom. I'll be fine, don't worry so much," he said. "Just... be careful, okay? Promise me. No drinking, or chasing girls, or gambling, or doing anything dangerous." "Of course, Mom. I'm an adult. I'm heading off to college. How would I have time to do these kinds of things?" "I love you. Call! Stay safe... come back to me... please," she said. "Bye Mom," Bore said.

Last edited by Wotan on Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 Empty Re: Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:51 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630041759-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630041807-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630041816-1

"Ah. Right on time," Emily said. "What the hell was that?" Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630041822-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630041836-1

"The Construct? As I said, without me is has unwound naturally. It seems a fitting end to that wretched place," she said. "As you say. Let's head through the portal and back to Elsewhere. What do we do now?" he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630041853-1

"There's an old pledge the Pendragons use when a Noble is raised. It has remained unchanged since Arthur's time, but it would seem my Council has forgotten it," Emily said. "Which is?" Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630041905-1

"I pledge to reward Loyalty with Trust. Service with Honour... Treason with Death. We have had peace too long, they have forgotten who the Pendragons truly are. We are done with diplomacy, my love. Now we go to war. If they will not love us, they will learn to fear us," she said. "Finally," he said. "I love you." "And I love you." "Come, my heart. We have far to go to reach the Glade, and much to do once we get there," Emily said. "What's the rush? I only just got you back." "Our enemies will not stay idle, my love. I fear I may have been... excessive... with my Construct. It would perhaps have been better to drain it and bring the mercenaries back as captives." "Perhaps," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630041937-1

"But I was just so... so..." Emily said. "Angry?" Bore said. "Furious. Beyond measure. At the betrayal, and at the thought I might never see you again." "I'll always find you, Emily. Always." "How can you be so certain? If Sergeant Kulbir had not reached you..." she said. "Then Molly or Chloe or Akane would have caught it. Trust that you're as necessary to the Grand Plan as I am. You are my anchor, and the Voice would rather see me dead than adrift." "For as much use as I am. A Queen without a Throne." "We made a mistake," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630042007-1

"I made a mistake. I thought to rule through compromise, and the gentle touch on the reins. I was mistaken. This time we shall do it your way, husband. The gears of state have jammed, and the sledgehammer of Evoker might will set them moving again," Emily said. "So, what's the plan? Hit Camelot before they notice you're gone? Four Evokers and a pair of Sorcerers should be enough for whatever they've got hiding," Bore said. "It would be... quite excessive. But there will not be four Evokers, Captain Maclachlan might be willing to rescue an abducted Princess from the Cult. Invading an allied nation would be betraying his own country. Similarly, Booker is a Paladin, he will not interfere in internal politics." "I think Katie mentioned Paladins before. What are they?" "A Paladin is the free lance of justice, an Evoker who refuses to align with any of the major Courts. Someone who fights evil wherever it is found, with no allegiance beyond humanity itself," she said. "Like Katie's dad?" "Like James maclachlan, yes. As is her uncle. In all probability Katie herself would have ended up as one, if your Destiny had not pulled her off course." "So. It's just the Knights of the Lake. We will be enough," he said. 

Back to top Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 Empty Re: Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:35 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630042039-1

"We will, my love," Emily said. "Open up, Gate," Bore said. "Yes, Promised One." "And here we are. Home, sweet home," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630042052-1

"So, Bore... what's the plan?" Katie said. "Not sure. I wanted to just go for the frontal assualt, but Emily's not a fan of destroying Camelot," he said. "Aye, Royals are weird like that. All fuss and bother about a wee thing like setting their capital on fire." "With that off the table... what other options do we have?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630042112-1

"You need information, lad. Who, what and where," Booker said. "Indeed. Who are we killing, what are they doing, and where do I find them," Bore said. "Aye. Someone needs to go to Camelot." "Who?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630042127-1

"I'll go, Bore. Sorceresses, like cats, go where they will," Chloe said. "Are you sure?" he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630042135-1

"Oh yes. I'm taking Molly with me. I did promise you I'd try to teach her a thing or two. Watch my Pub while I'm gone, would you?" Chloe said. "Molly? Are you sure?" Bore said. "Like of course, Master. We were discussing it on the way here, while you were busy with Emily. I mean, spying is just like collecting gossip, and I've always been really good at that," Molly said. "Will the two of you be safe on the Paths?" "I'll go with them, lad. Nobody will think it strange to see a Paladin, considering the unrest," Booker said. "'Friends at every Court, a seat at every fire'," Bore said. "Yer probably thinking of James. Andrew and I are more feared than loved. But even so, nobody bars their door to a Paladin." "I thought Emily said you couldn't fight on my side?" "I'm not getting involved in a civil war for you, no. But if the Cult is trying to take control of the Court in Exile... that changes things. They ain't tried anything this big in 75 years, I need to see how deep the rot goes," Booker said. "Okay, that makes sense. So, Molly, Chloe and Booker go scout out Camelot. What else do we do?" Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:44 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630042224-1

"We get my sword and armour back," Emily said. "Isn't that in Camelot?" Bore said. "No, it was cleaned and moved to Edinburgh, supposedly to prepare for the State meetings this weekend. In retrospect I believe it was mostly to ensure I did not have it at hand during their rebellion." "How convenient for us. Okay, let's grab that first thing tomorrow. I'll personally be a lot happier once you're wrapped in Schwartalf place and carrying Secace again." "As will I. We also need to coordinate with the leaders of the Gurkha Battallion, before they do anything foolish. People who dismiss them as mere mercenaries fail to understand how their loyalty works," she said. "Hopefully Kulbir hasn't gone anywhere. Okay, so that's our plan. Find who's in charge of this rebellion, remove them with extreme prejudice, don't wreck the surrounding real estate in the process." "Indeed, my heart. Shall we go?" "Not quite yet. I need to say a few words to the rest," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630042313-1

"Friends. Allies. Companions. These scum kidnapped Emily. They intended to kill her. Sacrifice her to the Cult. For that they will burn. We have only just begun. By the time we are done with these traitors they will cower in fear at the mere mention of the Knights of the Lake. We will find the ring-leader of this affair, and we will exterminate them like the vermin they are. strike their names from the record, their honors from their families, and bury their still smoking ashes in a shallow grave of saltd soil. They will know, in their bones, why I am the Winter King. Make no mistake, the Outsiders are coming. Humanity needs to stand together, against the threat that is coming. Remember that our opponents today are all too likely to be our allies tomorrow, what is coming has no respect for nations or creeds, all life is their enemy. What started today will be remembered in history. I am proud beyond words that you are standing with us. All of you. True heroes, every one of you," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630042432-1

"Well, we sure weren't gonna let you have all the fun, Bore. We'll be there," she said. "Thanks Katie," he said. "So what's our actual plan?" "Booker, Chloe and Molly will travel to Camelot, to scout the land and prepare the way. You, me and Bella will go repo Emily's armour from the Townhouse." "Aye? It'll be empty without any Sorceresses, but I guess we'll manage," Katie said. "Yeah. They shouldn't take long. We'll be ready to move in a couple of days."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630042456-1

"I will go with you, dearest. I know the security systems," Emily said. "sure. Just stay out of the fighting, without your armour you're a lot more vulnerable than I like," Bore said. "Of course, my love. I have more than myself to worry for, do I not?" "Indeed. Everyone else, prepare. Once we go, we'll be moving fast."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630042508-1

"Will do, Master. We'll see the two of you tomorrow. I'm sure you and the Princess have a lot of things to... talk... about," she said. "Thanks, Bella. Good luck, Chloe," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:15 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630042520-1

"Sorceresses don't need luck, Bore. We make our own. But thanks for the sentiment. I'll try to return your Chosen soon, in the meanwhile try not to break the bed," Chloe said. "I'll try. Keep them safe, Booker," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630042528-1

"They're Sorceresses, lad. You ought to be wishing me luck, I'm the one who's gonna need it," Booker said. "Then good luck, Booker. And happy hunting." "Yes. Now, off ye go. It ain't every day a man rescues his abducted wife from evil Necromancers." "Yeah. Ready to go, Emily?" Bore said. "Of course, my heart. Farewell, everyone. And thank you ever so much for coming to my aid. I owe you a debt of gratitude, and the Crown always pays its debts," Emily said. "See you guys."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630042612-1

"And now we are alone, my love. At last," she said. "What do you intend to do about it?" he said. "I shall restrain myself, with some difficulty, until we have returned to your bedroom." "And then?" "And then, I believe it is traditional that the brave young knight receives a boon for his bravery. I shall have to think of something..." Emily said. "Cucumbers?" "Cucumbers sounds wonderful, as a starter. Beyond that we will simply have to... experiment. Who knows what will happen?" "You're making this armour quite... tight," Bore said. "My poor love, then I shall have to help you out of it. We're almost home." "After you, milady." 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630042624-1

"Come, my love. Let us close the door, and prtend the rest of the world does no exist for a few hours. We have deserved that small pleasure, at least," Emily said. "Oh, it'll be more than a few hours... I certainly don't intend to sleep tonight," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630042635-1

"Promises, promises my heart. I shall make you live up to them," she said. "Don't worry, the Winter king has stamina enough to keep up with a young lady like you," he said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:05 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630042649-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630042715-1

"Bore? Is it really you? What are you wearing? And who is the girl you're with?" Jannice said. "Oh..." "My love, who is she?" Emily said. "...crap," he said. "Oh sweetie, I was so worried about you. I woke up in the middle of the night yesterday, and I just knew you needed me. But I called Chloe, and there was no answer, and I tried to email you but there was no reply," Jannice said. "But..." "So I called Claire. You remember Claire, right? Her son was in your... oh, never mind. Anyway, she runs a travel agency these days. She helped me book the next flight here." "How...?" Bore said. "I was really lucky, actually... there was a freak thunderstorm over Ireland, so my flight re-routed from London directly up here. What happened to you?" "Mom, did you really just drop everything and rush here?" "Of course, hon. It was so clear you needed me here. Where's Chloe? And what are you wearing? But most importantly... who is she?" Jannice said. "Yeah, well... that's kind of a long story. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't believe me if I told you. I don't actually know where to start." "You are terrible at this, my love. Here, let me. Jannice, I am Emily Pendragon. I have heard so much about you, it is a pleasure to finally meet you. Now there is something the two of us have to tell you, and I am thrilled we were given the opportunity to do so in person," she said. "Emily? What are you..." Bore said. "Three weeks ago Bore and I had a small wedding ceremony, attended only by our closest friends. The dream is to have a more elaborate ceremony once things have settled down, it has all been quite hectic in the last few weeks. Now that you are here, it would be wonderful if you could join us," Emily said. "That's certainly one way to put it." "Married? But... hun, you're both still so young. How will you ever be able to afford to start a family, and...?" Jannice said. "Emily recently inherited some money. There's some legal trouble, but once that's sorted out we should be fine," Bore said. "Well, that's good at least. And Chloe did mention you were quite diligent at working here, so maybe tou have saved some up." "You've been keeping track of me?" "Of course? Chloe mentioned you had a girlfriend, but she never told me you'd gotten married," Jannice said. "She was there in the audience, I'm pretty sure she knew. We didn't want to make a big deal of it yet, it was very much a last minute thing." "Well, I'm certainly going to have words with her. I can't believe she'd keep me in the dark about this." "I'm sure she wanted to find the right time to telll you," Bore said. "I'm sure. So, Emily, what do you do? Are you also a student?" "Well..." "I was, yes. It is how I met your wonderful son. Sadly my Father passed away recently, and I had to withdraw to take over the family business. It is rather chaotic at the moment, some of my cousins believe me too young and unproven for the job, and they have caused us quite some proble," Emily said. "Chloe's helping us look into it. That's probably why she missed your call, she's not in Edinburgh at the moment," Bore said. "Oh, that's Chloe, yes. Always so helpful and nice. I'm sure she will help calm tempers and find a solution," Jannice said. "Yes, Mom. I'm sure she'll help us find a solution to this." "Bore has been such a life-saver through all this, I would not have known what to do without him at my side. It really feels like we were meant to be together," Emily said. "Always," he said. "Bore was always such a kind child. Always bringing in sick and hurt animals he'd found, asking me to help heal them," Jannice said. "And you always did. I don't think I fully understodd how amazing that was, at the time." "Oh tush, I'm sure any good vet could have done the same. There's very few things in life some care and love cannot fix. And I could see how important it was to you." "Yeah, well..." Bore said. "And I can see how important you are to him too, Emily. Hopefully the two of us will get a chance to sit down and talk, now that I'm here. I want to know all about my new daughter-in-law," Jannice said. "Emily, my love... Could I have a few words with my Mom?" he said. "Of course, my heart. I shall see you upstairs," she said. "Thanks, love."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:59 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630043123-1

"I can see why you like her, she is gorgeous. And that beautiful English accent, But are you sure?" Jannice said. "More sure than I've ever been about anything in my life. It's like with you and Dad, it feels like it's our Destiny. Like I was struck by a lighning bolt and woke up in her arms," Bore said. "Love hits us like that, sometimes. I just hope yours lasts longer than the short time I had with your Father before he disappeared." "Who knows, Mom. Maybe he's still out there, somewhere?" "Then I would give him a darned good smacking for ditching the two of us like that. But your Grandfather made quite a few inquiries, back when it was clear I was pregnant, and he was certain your father had passed away. Some kind of hunting accident, I believe. We mustn't cling to unrealistic hopes, hun," she said. "Who knows. The Paths lead to all places." "What a strange saying, Bore. The path leads to where we are meant to go, as always. That's what your Great-grandmother always used to say to me. In this case it led me here, to find my handsome young son had married a gorgeous young lady. Without telling me." "I really am sorry, Mom. It happened in the heat of the moment. I promise we'll have a proper wedding while you're here. Both Emily and you deserve that," he said. "That sounds wonderful, hun. I'm looking forward to it. Now, you should probably go up to your young bride, I'm sure the two of you have lots of things to talk about. I'll busy myself getting the Pub ready for opening." "You'll what?" "Yes, dear? Of course, with Chloe out helping you it makes sense the three of us help her, right?" Jannice said. "Yeah, but..." "I'm sure she would have wanted you to take care of her pub, right?" "She did mention that, yes. But Mom, I've got..." Bore said. "That's settled, then. I'll get stuff all ready. It'll be like when I was helping out with your Uncle John's pub. Except less bikers, I guess. A bikers a thing in England?" "Scotland, Mom. And... no, we don't get any bikers. Though the crowd can get kinda rough. I'm not sure..." "Oh, don't be silly, hun. I used to deal with biker gangs on the 194 when I was 17, they're actually really nice. I've always found as lomg as you're friendly to people, they'll always be friendly back. And this pub is really fancy. There's not even a glory-hole in the bathroom," she said. "Thankfully. I shudder to think what would happen to anyone sticking their junk through a hole at the Crowley. Look, Mom, I've got stuff to do." "Of course, dear. I know how it is. We'll just do the Evening and Night Shift. You've got time in the mornings to meet up with your friends to have fun." "That's not what I meant. Gods damnit, Mom," he said. "Young man! What did I teach you about taking the Lord's name in vain? Don't go thinking you're so tall that I still can't tan your backside. Now, Chloe has been an enormous help to you, ever since you arrived. And now that she's gone, helping your wife with her legal problems, you're planning to neglect your responsibilities so you can have fun playing with your friends? Is that how I raised you?" "No. But Mom, I need you to understand. Some of the things that drink here are not friendly." "Anything you can't handle, hun?" Jannice said. "Likely not. I... I just don't want you to get hurt, Mom. You don't know this world." "Sweetie, every child believes they've outgrown their parents." "I'm pretty certain I don't labor under that illusion," Bore said. "This will be fine. And I really do owe Chloe for helping take care of you. The least I can do is keep the bar open for her. And with you there to keep the peace, and your lovely young wife to help serve drinks, I'm sure we'll be a success," she said. "What a pub. The barmaid is the Queen in Exile, the bouncer is the Winter King, and the Blessed by the Voice is pouring drinks. What could possibly go wrong?" he muttered. "What was that, hun?" "Nothing, Mom. I'll have a quick chat with Emily, then meet you downstairs." "Great, dear. See you soon," Jannice said. "See you later. And Mom?" "Yes, hun?" "I love you. Thanks for rushing here when you thought I needed you," Bore said. "Always, dear. Now go talk to your lovely wife. I'll see you soon."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:39 am

"Well. That was an unexpected wrinkle. I know Chloe asked me to take care of the pub, but I never actually planned to run it. I guess I'd better tell my wife she's bee promoted to barmaid. I mean... I could tell Mom that I've got more important things to do. Couldn't I? Except that feels wrong. I wonder whether that feeling comes from within myself or if it's a product of the Voices. Damn, a guy can go crazy trying to double-guess these things. Let's check up on Emily instead," Bore thought. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630043418-1

"Welcome back, dearest. What has disturbed you?" she said. "What do you mean?" he said. "Your face is easier to read than a book, my heart. Something has given you cause to worry, what is it?" "Mom wants to keep the Pub open while Chloe is away. She feels she owes Chloe for helping us." "A fair sentiment. Why does that make you upset?" Emily said. "This is a pub that gets everything from bog trolls to pùca assassins and Fae ladies. What if something happens?" "You will be there to back her up, my love. But you've always been more than capable of keeping the peace here, even before you received the Mantle. so what is really bothering you?" "She was expecting you to help out in the pub," Bore said. "Why not? The two of us can work side by side, it sounds quite deligtful in fact. A breath of normal  life after the insanity of the Court." "But you're the Queen in Exile." "And at the moment even in exile from that Exile. Did you think me too proud to serve drinks alongside my husband? You are the Winter King, an actual God, yet you are still serving beers here at the Crowley. How could I do less?" she said. "And what do you think Mom will say when the first Orc or Troll wanders in for a round of beers?" "Hopefully she will ask them what they would like to drink? That seems to be the done thing for a bartender in that situation." "She doesn't know the world of magic. She'll freak out," he said. "I did notice you dancing around the facts, yes. And yet she was quite intimately familiar with both an ancient God and a slightly less ancient Sorcreress. One assumes she will take the occasional bog troll in her stride." "So you're saying I should just... go along with this?" "You already seem to have made that decision, dearest. Now you are merely grumbling about the fact. Who knows, it might be good for you both," Emily said. "In what way?" "Both your Destiny and your marriage ties you to the magic realm, you cannot keep her in the dark indefinitely. It is not a child's responsibility to shield their parents from life's realities." "Damnit. I was planning to crawl to bed with you, not work the late night shift at a pub," Bore said. "Duty is heavier than a mountain, my love. And at least we get to wake up together, that alone is enough. But for now, I believe we are overdue downstairs. Cucumbers will have to wait for another day." "Sigh."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630043516-1

"There you are, hun. And Emily, you're looking radiant, dear," Jannice said. "She always does. But especially this last month," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:39 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630043528-1

"Thank you, Jannice. Your son takes good care of me. If I ever need anything, I always know he will drop everything and rush to my side," Emily said. "Anyone would do the same. So, we're opening. Mom, I don't want you to get surprised if we have some... unusual... guests," Bore said. "Oh, so you get a lot of Counter Culture people here? Like Goths and Punks and that sort of thing?" Jannice said. "That's not what I meant, Mom. Some of the things coming to this pub are strange. I just need you to be ready for... well, anything." "Hu, I've spent 15 years as a small-town veretinarian in Cumberland. I'm quite used to odd folk. And I'm sure there's nothing you can't handle. You're looking really fit, have you been to the gym a lot?" "Yeah. I figured I needed to become strong for what is coming," he said. "And I'm sure your girl appreciates it, right?" "Yeah, the girls all do." "What was that, hun?" Jannice said. "Nothing, Mom... Just thinking aloud. Let's get ready."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630043708-1

"... apart from that, Madam, I just wanted to praise you for the excellent selection of Whyskys, even by Scottish standards," Scholar said. "I've got this, Mom. I think there's another customer at the bar," Bore said. "And you must be the famous Evoker working here, my compatriots have mentioned you many times." "Did they now?" "Oh yes. Brutal, one of them said. Har fucking bastard, and dun ye forget it, another said. Serve 'im like the plague, 'e punches like a mule. Ye dun want to get in with him, one reminisced. Bad fight, I believe the sammary was," the Orc said. "Well..." "They really do admire you. I think they view most Soft Skins far too weak and crunchy, where you would clearly fit right into Orcish society." "Well, that's nice. You're not like most Orcs I've met," Bore said. "That must be my speech impediment." "Your what?" "My speech impediment. You see, the pit keeper where I grew up had a human slave," Scholar said. "He had a what?" "Oh, this was a long time ago, when Orcs weren't nearly as civilized as we are today." "I... see," Bore said. "At least 20 years ago. Almost no pits have human slaves anymore. Much too expensive to acquire, and they don't seem to live very long. But as I was saying, my Pit had one when I was a runt. Growing up I would often sit by him, listening to his stories as my litter mates bit, clawed and eye gouged each other down in the pit." "As you do." "Of course. Proud Orcish traditio, many a young Orc treasures the scars he got as a little runt. But at the time I found it boring, and so I would spend time with this human, rather than seek boisterous and healthy exercise with my litter mates. Little did I know..." Scholar said. "Little did you know what?" "How those actions would forever set me apart and taint me with the ways of the soft skins." "Which is why you speak such good English," Bore said. "Which is why I have such a terrible speech impediment, yes. Have you heard most Orcs speaking?" "Sadly, yes." "The melodic growls, the poetic grunts, the exquisite command of slurs and abuse. How I wish I had been socialised to internalise it all. Sadly, I ended up speaking like a soft skin," Scholar said. "I guess that would be bad in Orcish society." "I've tried my best to fit in, mastering the pugilist's art to gain their respect. But even when giving someone the old what-for, or while repeated kicking a downed compatriot in the gonads, I could never truly feel in my heart that I was an Orc." "It's a tough life, I guess," Bore said. "So I decided to make virtue out of necessity and come here to Edinburgh to explore my soft skin identity and gain an education." "Sounds like you're doing fine." "Yes, indeed. Getting an educatio has turned out to be easier than anticipated. I have always considered myself well-read, and through an online correspondence course with a prestigious unaccredited University in Lagos I was able to gain a Bachelor's degee based solely on my existing experience," Scholar said. "That's not really... oh, never mind. It's likely no worse than the Course I enrolled in. At least none of your teachers have tried to kill you yet." "Why would they do that? Anyway, these days I consider myself a scholar of Life. In fact, in moments of personal wekness, I occassionally fancy myself as the leading Orcish scholar on humans." "Well, as long as you behave you're always welcome at the Crowley," Bore said. "Why thank you. I'm spending a fair amount of time in the various watering holes of this fine city, working on my first book. It's called 'One More Round; an investigatio into human mating rituals.'" "Well, good luck with that." "Thank you. Well, I shall not take up any more of your time. Have a great evening, and I'll see you another time," Scholar said. "Goodbye."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630043927-1

"What a nice young man, Bore. You hear so much about the decline of the youth today, but then we have fine upsatnding young men like you, or that nice fellow, that clearly show a different story," Jannice said. "Anything I can help you with?" he said. "I just wanted to tell you it's closing time. Emily and I have already gotten everything ready behind the counter... once you get rid of the last stragglers, why don't the two of you go to bed?" "sounds good, Mom. You guys go ahead, I'll shut the place down."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:22 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630043951-1

"I will go have a shower, my love," Emily said. "Are you sure you don't want to wait for me? We could have one together," Bore said. "I am tired, and smell of spilled beer, and whatever cologne Bog trolls wear. While showering with you has many attractions, all I really wish for fight now is to be clean and rest in bed." "Sure, my love... go ahead. I'll just finish up here."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630044030-1

"Emily's a bit more fussy about staying clean than I am. I guess it's one of the many ways marriage will end up changing me. Though once you start married life with resurrection and divinity, it's hard to argue when she also asks you to put the toilet seat back after you use it. Let's see if she's still awake."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630044045-1

"I guess she's out cold. But at least I get to enjoy the sight of her before I sleep," Bore thought.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630044104-1

"Goodnight, my love. Sleep tight."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630044119-1

"Rise and shine, Bore. Morning, Princess. If you don't mind me saying so, that's a great ass," she said. "Katie? What the actual fudge are you doing here this early?" he said. "Early? It's nearly 10 AM. Did the two of you stay up all of last night screwing?" "10 AM is still ungodly early. Mom had us up till late last night running the pub." "Yer mom? Ain't she a normie? What the hell is she doing here?" Katie said. "I knida called her. Let's give Emily some privacy," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:16 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630044210-1

"What the heck do you mean 'called' her? Did ye Facial her or something?" Katie said. "No. Remember when I called all of you together to rescue Emily?" Bore said. "Aye? Next time, ye may wanna use a phone. Just sayin'." "I'm tempted to agree. Anyway, turns out I called Mom as well. She hijacked a plane and landed in Edinburgh yesterday." "Hijacked? I guess they make normies different in the States, huh," she said. "Not like that. And she's not... really... a normie. She's a Sorceress." "Oh feckin' great. So ye called yer Mum, who's a Sorceress and she hijacked a plane to get here on time?" "Kind of, yeah. Dad called her blessed by the Voices. It seems the world more or less bends to her desires, at least in small ways. She was on a plane to London, but it got re-routed here because of a freak thunderstorm," he said. "Wait, since when did ye start talking to yer dad? And who the feck is he, anyway?" "I'm pretty sure I already told you, no?" "I'm pretty fecking certain you did not. And what the hell is a Blessed by the Voices? I ain't never heard of one of those before," Katie said. "How much do you know about Sorcery?" "About as much as anyone not screwing one does. Which ain't a hell of a lot. I know it's the youngest branch of magic, and the rarest. Only appeared somewhere in the last 2000 years or so. Seems to be blood-line based, like the Spark, but it ain't reliable, it'll disappear for generations, then suddenly reappear." "I didn't know that, actually," Bore said. "Well, ye should do more pillow-talk and less fucking with Molly. Anyway, Sorcery seems related to chance and probability. There's also the fact that the Voices seem to whisper in their ears, telling them shit they're not supposed to know." "What are the Voices?" "No idea. Sorcery is yer thing, with the Chosen, yer Mum and yer Landlady. Like the old sayin': Maiden, Mother, Crone," she said. "If Chloe hears to calling her a crone I'm pretty sure she's gonna shoot you. And Molly's not a maiden anymore." "Dun be smug, ashole. The patterns recur for a reason. So, who's yer da' then? On of the Tuatha De Danann?" "Close. Cernunnos," he said. "Old Horney Himself, huh. The Oldest. One hell of a bloodline, certainly explains some of your power." "What do you know about him?" "One of the two first gods. Him and the Mother. Back with the First Tribe, when humans were rare, and the world was different. For a long time... tens of thousands of years... there was just the two of them," Katie said. "What changed?" "Feck if I know... but about twelve thousand years ago, they split. We started seeing new pantheons, new gods. And the Fae appeared in Tir na nÒg. With Horney as their ruler." "So Horney and the Fae," Bore said. "They're cnnected, for sure. Beyond that I ain't asking, and they ain't telling. The Fae do not take kindly to nosy outsiders. Booker might know more, he's spent a fair amount of time with the Unseelie Fae." "Anyway, we'd better get ready."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630044414-1

"Master! Coppertop. You all ready? Day's wasting," Bella said. "Yeah, we're just waiting for emily," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630044429-1

"I am here, my love. Though... should you not wear something more protective? Look at Katie and Bella," Emily said. "I'm not going to wander around Edinburgh in full Plate, I'd look like a lunatic," Bore said. "A very handsome lunatic. But I did spot your Militia armour in the closet upstairs. Likely Chloe has returned it for you." "Not a bad idea. Give me 5 minutes."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:34 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630044454-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630044504-1

"It's strange how lifeless this armour feels. I've gotten pretty used to the Plate suit by now, I guess." "It feels lifeless because it is, Bore. This is human work, the Schwartalf are the only ones still around that know how to make armour that's alive," X said. "Like you?" he said. "Ain't nothing like me. And the Schwartalfs are as incapable of creating real weapons as your human enchanters are creating Schwartalf Plate. Now, we'd bette get going. We've got some very nicely shaped armour to free from the villains that have imprisoned her. And Secace must be bored." "What do you even hope to achieve with Emily's armour? I mean, you're a sword, she's Schwartalf Plate armour. Talk about star crossed lovers." "A savage like you would never understand the ability to worship the perfection of form and function, the platonic ideal shaped into living steel," X said. "So second base only, no penetration allowed, is what you're saying?" "Get your mind out of the gutter. Let's get going." "Sure," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630044543-1

"I am still undecided which I find more dreary, your black t-shirt, or that armour. We really do need to get you a wardrobe upgrade that befits your station," Emily said. "We're in Edinburgh. It makes more sense than ruffles and lace," Bore said. "It saddens me that I must agree. But there will be time, my love." "Anyway. Let's go find your armour."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630044618-1

"Bore? Where are you going, dressed like that?" Jannice said. "We're about to break into the royal Camelot Embassy and steal back a magical sword and some sentient armour that the evil henchmen of Lord Jerkow have stolen from Emily," he said. "Oh, you and your jokes, dear. Who are your friends?" "This is Katie, who's in the same course as I am."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630044715-1

"Hiya. Dun worry, I'll help drag yer lad out of any trouble I helped him get into," she said. "Very reassuring. Katie. And this is her cousin, Bella."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630044731-1

"A pleasure to meet you, ma'am. Yer son has grown to be an exceptional young man. Ye should really be proud of him," she said. "You're hardly unbiased, Bella," Bore said. "Oh yes, dear, I am. He's growing into the mirror image of his father," Jannice said. "Minus the antlers, I hope," he whispered. "Are you in the same course With Bore and Katie?" "No, she's..." "No, ma'am. I ain't what ye'd call academically gifted. Packed up and joined the Army straight out of secondary school, it's kind of a family tradition," Bella said. "I think you'd do just fine in the University Course we're taking, Bella." "Serving your country is nothing to be ashamed of, dear. A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself," Jannice said. "I totally agree, Mom. I really admire Bella's service." "Bore, we'll be late. Time to get moving," Katie said. "Right, sorry Katie. We'll be back in time for the Evening shift, Mom. See you soon." "Of course, hun. Have fun with your friends, and I'll see you soon. Katie, Bella, it was so nice to meet you and to know my son has found such nice new friends in England," Jannice said. "Scotland, Mom. Katie's kind of senstitive about that. See you later," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:57 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630044859-1

"Bloody yanks, the difference between Scotland and England ought to be clear to anyone," she said. "I wouldn't worry, Katie. I didn't even know Mom had a passport, the whole of Europe is terra incognita to her," Bore said. "Complete with 'Here be dragon' scrawled hastily on the margins?" "Yeah, fudge you too Katie. Next time, I'm taking the left path and you can go play with the dragon." "Does that mean I get to come back as a god, married to a princess? Cause that sounds like a nice deal," Katie said. "One of those things that's better in hindsight. Where do we go from here, Emily?" "This way, my love. The townhouse is right around the corner," she said. "Lead the way."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630044923-1

"Here we are," Emily said. "Which one's yours?" Bore said. "The one in the center is the Royal Residence, the Embassy is on the right, while the military attache and the security force are housed on the left." "So we take out the house on the left, then move in." "Not so blood-thirsty, my love. Those are our citizens. If the security forces interfere we will deal with them... but we do not start blowing up buildings on Embassy Row pre-emtively. Let me see if the wards still answer to me," she said. "Let's hope." "This is Emily Elanora Pendragon. In the name of Excalibur, open up." "I'm sure X will be happy that you thought of him," he said. "Sadly my access appears to have been disabled. It is something the Ambassador has the ability to do, but a rather damning sign of where his loyalties lie. We shall have to do this the hard way," Emily said. "I should really learn to do that to the Glade. Katie?" "Aye, let's leave some of the house standing. Clear for breach," she said. "Bella, we're going in once Katie opens the door. Emily, you keep out of this fiight." "But..." "Mo buts, love. You're unarmed and unarmoured. We'll deal with whatever is hiding in here. Katie, blow it," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630045013-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630045016-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630045023-1

"Fire in the hole," Katie said. "What the fudge is that?" Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630045043-1

"House Guardian. Get ready," Katie said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630045153-1

"Poor thing. It served the Pendragons faithfully for hundreds of years, and this was its rewards," Emily said. "Shit happens. Any other Golems around?" Bore said. "No, that is... was... the only one in Edinbugh." "Bella, go with her, in case there's anything bad hiding inside. You're less likely to demolish the house if it comes to close quarter fighting. If you see anything, don't hesitate to draw from me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:05 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630045218-1

"Nae worries, Master. I'll keep yer Princess safe," Bella said. "I know," Bore said. "So we're just going to stand here waiting? What if the wrecked Guardian in the streets and the smashed up main door..." Katie said. "I don't want security forces to trap us inside the building. If they want to fudge with us, better they meet us here on the street." "Unless they've brought in a lot of additional muscle recently there ain't nothing in Edinburgh stupid enugh to attack us." "How would you know?" he said. "They're allies, Bore, it's not as if the local security force here is a cecret. There's 4 Knights stationed here, mid-tier Enchanters specialized in combat." "So... like Emily?" "Maybe half as good as Emily was three months ago, before ye started dragging her along in yer slipstream. These days... Emily coul take them apart with a butter knife. Either of us would leave just a greasy patch of soot and wouldn't notice the drain," Katie said. "Cheerful image. So I guess that means they'll wisely decide that guarding their barracks is the higher call of duty. Let's hope nobody tries to be a hero," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630045413-1

"We're done, dearest. Since the place was empty I took advantage to pick up some necessities," Emily said. "Empty? Are you sure?" he said. "Aye, Master. Me hearing's gotten... quite good, since ye made me yer Chosen. There ain't a heartbeat in either of the buildings next to us," Bella said. "Did you get everything you need, Emily?" "I would say, my love, that that is something for me to know... and you to find out. But we are good for now. I have recovered my armour, and Secace," she said. "Okay. Unless there's any more mechanical golems around we should be good. Let's go."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630045512-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630045534-1

"Looks like we got away clear, Master," Bella said. "Looks like it. And I guess we have things to do, Emily. The pub opens soon, an we're on duty," Bore said. "Indeed, my love. Bella, Katie, thank you ever so much for helping retrieve my equipment. And for being our friends, as well as our allies," Emily said. "We'll see you guys later. Have fun," he said. "And we ended up on the Grassmarket. How convenient. You up for a couple of pints, ass sniffer?" Katie said. "I'm in. Destroying yer own Embassy is thirsty work," Bella said. "See you girls," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630045552-1

"It feels good to have my armour back. And my Father's sword. Thank you, Bore," Emily said. "What are husbands for? I'm sure you can come up with a suitable reward," he said. "I shall endevour to do so, my love. But for now we will need to help your mother. I fear it will be a later night again." "Indeed."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:30 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630045624-1

"You little bastard," Valery said. "Evening, Val. What can I get you?" Bore said. "I was up at the University today, looking for Booker." "He's absent at the moment. Paladin business." "Yeah, no shit. But I did run into the Dean, who mentioned that Torman had been teaching a pair of Evokers while staying here. Katie Maclachlan. And you," she said. "The world is full of little coincidences, isn't it?" "I don't believe in coincidences. So, you've known more about this than I have from the start. I do not appreciate being played for a fool, Bore." "And I don't appreciate my teacher trying to kill me, yet here we are. Trust is a fragile thing, Val, and... Torman... broke any trust I might have in the Aesir quite thoroughly. Why don't you ask Katie?" he said. "I tried. Andrew Maclachlan got to me first, said he'd set me on fire if I ever set foot in Bellanoch again. Which is goddamned strange, the Clan and the Aesir have been more than friendly for a long time." "Trust takes a lifetime to build, and a mere lighning bolt to destroy. Next time keep a leash on your loose cannons. What can I get you to drink? A glass of the Laphroaig?" "Make it a double. I've been going about this all wrong, haven't I?" Valery said. "Possibly. That'll be £15." "There you go. No tip today: I still haven't forgiven you. I was assuming pissing off Booker was the worst fucking screwup Thor could have achieved on this holiday to Edinburgh..." "Which it could still be. Hard to say with Booker," Bore said. "Point. But I thought I could ignore why he came here until I'd extinguished that fire. Yet... Thor's got as much interest in Academia as I do for interpretive dance, but he stuck around with the two of you for weeks." "In fairness, he was a pretty crappy professor. Even ignoring the final exam." "Before trying to kill you and angering Andrew Maclachlan enough that it jeaopardises our alliance with the Clan. Is Katie Maclachlan okay?" she said. "A bit zinged, and extremely angry, but otherwise fine. He wouldn't kill his own grand-daughter." "So James was his. And Andrew. fudge. All I needed in my life was more mini-Thors running around. And I'm going to have serious words with that one-eyed asshole, this was information I needed to have when they sent me here." "Well. Now you know. Good luck," he said. "Not so fast. Sarah Reiner." "Who?" "Don't play dumb. Your Ceremonial Magic professor. I'm going to assume you knew she broke out of Montrose?" Valery said. "Yes." "Thought as much. 'The Doors will be Opened. What was Promised will be Given. The World will End, in Fire and Ice.' Ragnarok is coming, isn't it?" "Yeah. Sooner than you think," Bore said. "Given any thought to my offer? There will be worse places to face Ragnarok than among the Einherjar," she said.
Bore brushes the very edge of the Mantle, letting it fill him with power.
"I'd offer you the same... but we both know that Chosen don't stray. When battle is joined the Knights of the Lake will be there," Bore said. "Who the hell are you?" Valery said. "The Sword of Mankind has been reforged. The Outsiders are returning, and the Mantle of the Once and Future King has been assumed. Valery Reine, Chosen of Freya... tell your Mistress to prepare for War. The armies of Life will stand together against the Darkness. Or all will fall." "Hell's balls." "I assume you'd know. And Val?" he said. "I'm kind of in a hurry to get back. What is it?" "Tell Thor... this isn't over. I trusted him, and he betrayed me. There will be a reckoning. Safe travels, Val... we'll meet again."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630045824-1

"Who was that, hun?" Jannice said. "Just one of the regulars. Wanted to chat about a mutual acquaintance," Bore said. "I guess college life is all about meeting new people and making friends." "Anything I can help you with?" "We're halfway there, dear. Evening shift's over, and the night shift is starting. I just wanted to let you know," she said. "Thanks, mum."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:23 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630045911-1

"Is everything okay, Emily?" Bore said. "Of course, my love. There is a refreshing straightforwardness to this work. People's motives are clear, my goal are achievable, and even the predators are both clumsy and largely harmless," she said. "If it tries a stunt kike that it will become permanently harmless. And smoking. I'm watching you, Orc." "I am certain no harm was meant of it, my love. Merely youthful high spirits and good cheer. Is that not right, Mister Orc? See, my heart... you win more friends with honey than with vinegar. Or firebolts, as it may be." "Walk softly, but carry a big stick," he said. "Of course, my love. And we both know what a big... stick... you carry." "Maybe I can show it to you sometime?" "I would love that, dearest. But right now we are working. While I would not mind leaving Chloe to keep order on her own, I fear we cannot just leave your mother to fend off Orcs on her own," Emily said. "Speaking of which, there she is. I wonder what she wants?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630050002-1

"Anything I can help you with?" Bore said. "I just wanted to tell you it's closing time," Jannice said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630050044-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630050056-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630050106-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630050118-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630050132-1

"Good morning, my heart. You are finally awake," Emily said. "Is there anyone looking for us?" Bore said. "Not today, dear. We can relax a little before we need to get the pub set up. But your Mother is up and about. I can hear her moving next door." "Well, then... if we've got nothing more pressing to do..." "I recognize that look, husband. But if I can hear her moving around, she will certainly be able to hear us if we do anything too... exciting," she said. "We're just married, it's expected." "I'll make it up to you, my love, I promise. But having your mother listening in on us making love is... not how I intend to start our married life together." "If you insist. Under protest. So what do we do now?" he said. "We have my armour back. And I have not been able to relax on the Paths since the day you... Since I became Queen. Maybe we should take our friends on a trip to Elsewhere?" "Not a bad plan."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630050259-1

"Oh, cool. It's a new site for selling clothes. Maybe I'll find something nice for the girls here? I haven't gotten Emily anything in a while. I should find something sexy for her... Oh... oh yes. The captured princess look. It's perfect. It's not cheap, though. £400. I guess licensing costs must be really high for this one. But worth it," Bore thought. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:38 am

While out on the Paths...
"Emily, there's something I've been meaning to ask you." "And hello to you too, Katie." "Sorry Bore, Ah'm gonna need to borrow yer wife for a bit," she said. "I'm pretty sure she doesn't swing that way, and if she does... damn straight I'm coming along. Wouldn't miss that for anything," he said. "I am pretty sure, dearest pervert, that was not what Katie had in mind. Dylan mentioned you were working on improving your Spar control," Emily said. "It was worth hoping for." "Aye. I ain't gonna catch up to that lumbering monstrosity of a Spark yer husband has, but I've certainly beaten bigger guys before by having better technique. Ah think ah've mastered the tapering... but Dad's journal talks about a cutting edge. Any ideas?" Katie said. "I'll leave you two to it," Bore said. "We shal be ready when you call, my love. Now, Katie, the cutting edge is a variation of the tapering technique..." Emily said.
Bore leaves the two girls arguing magical theory. Some day he will perhaps master these skills, but today is not that day.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630053435-1

The Crowley occasionally gets Dae, and half-Fae, visitors. Most give Emily a quick glance before deciding to politely ignore her serving the table. The Fae are the Elite of Elsewhere in this part of the world, what disaster prompted a clearly noble born half-Fae to serve tables at a pub is not a question for polite company. The new visitor does not, however. When he spots Emily he reacts with unconcealed shock, quickly reaching into his pocket for something.
"I don't think so, buddy," Bore said. 
Bore takes 3 quick steps towards him, intenionally bumping a rock-troll off balance in passing. He stumbles onto a nearby table of orcs, scattering pint-glasses of Kentucky Gentleman off the table and all over them. The whole room freezes for a heartbeat as a variety of weapons are pulled out of concealement.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630053519-1

"Take it outside!" Bore shouted. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:43 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630053557-1

"What in damnation do you think you're doing, peasant!"
Whatever he was reaching for falls out, a handphone. A spotter, not an assassin. Useful to know.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630053612-1

"Unhand me, now. I shall have you flogged." "Good luck with that. Who were you going to call?" Bore said. "That is none of your business, commoner. I was merely calling my... stockbroker. Something interesting came up." "We both know what you saw... the Queen. So I'm giving you 10 seconds to talk, and if I don't like what you have to say... the two of us are going for a short walk to Elsewhere," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630053628-1

"Last warning, buddy," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630053644-1

"Who. Did. You. Try. Calling?" Bore said. "Go to hell, Evoker." "After you, I believe. Say hi to the Defilers for me."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630053706-1

"There is a commotion outside, my lo... Sir Tomas! What is going on, Bore?" Emily said. "I found this guy spying on you. When confronted he pulled a knife on me," Bore said. "Your highness, please... escape! I have the situation under control," Sir Tomas said. "That's one way of looking at it," Bore said. "Oh but brave sir knight, you simply must put poor Sir Tomas down. He is part of the protective contingent at the Embassy, and a very strong and loyal Knight," Emily said. "I'm not... quite... sure." "Your Highness, after the unrest at Court, and the explosion at the Embassy, we feared the worst for you. Please, you must come with me," Sir Tomas said. "Yeah, not happening," Bore said. "It's been terrible. There has been a coup, Sir Tomas. They stole me away to an abandoned castle, guarded by mercenarie. It was... it was awful. But then brave Sir Bore rescued me, all on his own," Emily said. "What?" "He is an Evoker, you know. A real hero, despite his lowly birth. He saved me from those terrible thugs and brought me here to keep me safe. You must promise not to tell anyone about it. Now do put him down, brave Sir Knight," she continued. "If you say so, Emily."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:17 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630053803-1

"Oh, my Queen, that's terrible news. Are you certain you would not be more comfortable at the Embassy? We would all happily protect you with our lives," Sir Tomas said. "Not happening, buddy," Bore said. "I must tell you a secret, Sir Tomas. We have allies with the knowledge of the traitors, they're helping us plan an attack. Even though he's stil a student, brave Sir Bore's certain that together we can overcome those terrible traitors. But we need more warriors. Brave souls, not afraid to sacrifice their lives for the Queen!" Emily said. "What the..." "Of course, Your Highness. My fellow Knights and I would be proud to serve you in restoring the rightful ruler of Camelot to her Throne. Let us know where you need us to be, and I will gather those stout of heart and strong arm," Sir Tomas said. "I'm sure, yeah," Bore muttered. "Oh thank you, thank you ever so much, Sir Tomas. But now you must leave, before someone sees us together. Once we know where to strike, I shall send for you," Emily said. "Of course, your highness. Call for me, and we shall respond. I will take my leave, my Queen," Sir Tomas said. "Shit." "It will be good to have strong allies, do you not think so, my dear Knight?" she said. "What the hell are you playing at, Emily?" "I am waiting for him to leave the building, of course. What did you think I was doing?" "I don't trust that little weasel," he said. "Oh, but I do, my love. I trust him completely." "Emily..." "I trust him to go running straight to the Ambassador, and for word to be with Lord Jerkow by tonight, tomorrow at latest," she said. "Okay, I can still catch him. It would have been a little easier to ditch his corpse in Elsewhere, but..." "You will do no such thing, my love. Things are proceeding quite satisfactory." "Why?" Bore said. "I do not intend to spend the next year hunting down individual traitors, Bore. The way to deal with a vermin infestation is to lure the vermin into a trap, then set the entire cage on fire. Dear Sir Tomas here just volunteered for bait." "So you want him to rat on you?" "Get the rat to rat on you to the other rats... it seems quite poetic in your words. I want them together, with their mercenarie and their turncoats. I want them to see a weak Evoker and a foolish young Princess, and to gather to laugh at us, and to seal their take-over for good," Emily said. "What on earth do you mean, weak?" "Your Spark is tampered down as low as it was when we first met. To Tomas you would look a harmles borderline Evoker. I assumed you knew?" "What the actual fudge! X?" he said. "Ain't me, boss. Far as I could see, you did it yourself. Except you and I both know you've got as much control as a 14 year old virgin on his first night in a brothel," X said. "Wait, so something reached out and made me weaker? I really don't like the sound of that." "It's nothing external, boss. And it didn't make you weak, it just made you seem weak. Tomas would never have tried his luck against your normal strength, even with me shielding it. Even without the Mantle." "Well, crap. Emily, X agrees. Something caused me to shield my Spark. But I did not do it," Bore said. "Sorcery? Or destiny. Either way, it presents a tempting setup. They expect a doe eyed princess, and her incompetent guardian, to walk into an ambush. What they will reveive... is something else entirely," Emily said. "So we help them set up an ambush, so we can turn it on them? That seems rather Machiavellian." "I would have preferred both fear and love from my nobles. Since I cannot have that, I will gladly settle for love from you... and fear from them. We will gather that vermin together and exterminate them. Once Molly returns, we shall gather the Knights of the Lake and ride for war." "Remind me not to ever upset you, love," he said. "I will. Now, you have started a minor Orcish-Troll skirmish behind our Pub. I believe as the resident bouncer it is your job to stop it as well," she said. "Yes, miss."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630054108-1

"I guess I should go clean up the mess in the alley. I hope nothing bad happened to that troll. Though I think the orcs would need siege equipment to really hurt him. Which they probably didn't bring to the pub," Bore thought. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:31 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630054121-1

"I'm going to assume you lot are done for the day? You're upsetting the neighbours. I think you've worked off your excess energy, anyone that wants to return to drink at the Crowley is welcome to do so," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630054230-1

"Just another night in Edinburgh."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630054241-1

"Hello, dear. Why did you look so worried just now?" Jannice said. "It's nothing, Mom," Bore said. "Of course there is, hun. I eaised you, all on my own. And you never were good at hiding things from me." "Or from anyone else, it appears. I was just making sure things didn't get out of hand ith you and... that customer." "Mister Brenneane. What a sweet and troubled man he was," she said. "I'm pretty sure he's not a man." "I heard that, Bore. And he's a man as good as any other ones, despite his... unfortunate... face." "He's a person, I think. I'll happily serve him a beer, listen to his sob story, and order him a cab if he's had too much. It's what bartenders do," he said. "Not all humans are people, hun. And not all people are humans. But people are always worth respecting." "You seem to be taking this quite well." "What, dear?" Jannice said. "The... less... human elements of the Crowley?" "Do you remember that nice Mister Yonaguska? I
believe he brought you a carved toy he made, once upon a time? Lovely man." "Dimly? It was a carved... bat? Something like that? I guess he was one of the regulars at the clinic when I was young? I think he had a dog-park, or something," Bore said. "That's the one. Very friendly fellow. Not everyone's idea of a normal person, but you get all sorts out in the Appalachians. One of the things that attacted me there in the first place." "So you knew?" "Kew what, dear? That not everyone that looks evil are, and that not everyone who looks pretty are good? I would hope I had already taught you this!" she said. "No. The world of Elsewhere. Non-human people. Magic. All of this." "There is no such thing as magic, hun. That's just superstition. Just people who look... a little different, that's all. They're harmless, trust me. I've dealt with hundreds of... non-normal... people at the clinic over the years. People like Mister Yonaguska." "No, Mom. Magic is real. Trust me on this. And some of these non-humans delight in human suffering. Mister Yoaguska was just an old hippie with way too many dogs," he said. "I know he told you he was there for his dogs, and you know... sometimes it was. But occasionally that was... shading the truth a little." "In what way?" "Well, Mister Yonaguska was at that point quite old, even for his people. And he obviously felt uncomfortable going to a regular doctor. So once he started trusting me with his dogs, he would occassionally show up at the clinic with his own problems," Jannice said. "So. Not human. What exactly was he?" "A nice person, first and foremost. And his dogs loved him, which is always a good sign. But not human, no. He called himself a Boojum," "Boojum? As in Sasquatch? You're telling me you were the private vet of the goddamned Bigfoot?" Bore said. "Language, hun. And Bigfoot isn't very polite. Boojum or Sasquatch is much better." "Why didn't you tell me?" "Have you ever heard of doctor-patient priviledge, Bore? He wanted me to keep this secret," she said. "You're a veterinarian, Mom. Your patients aren't supposed to talk. At least not beyond 'Polly wants a cracker'. Well, if you already met Big... Sasquatch, I guess... So my Mom ws Dr. Quinn to the denizens of Elsewhere. And never told me about it." "You didn't need to know, hun. You'd worry needlessly, like you were with Mister Brenneane just now. What is Elsewhere?" "The Paths? The world of Magic. The place where your patients live," he said. "They live in normal houses, hun. Usually a bit away from people who might judge them for being different, but it's not Neverland. Trust me on this, I've done housecalls." "That's really strange." "No, dear. It's very normal. Just because you're meeting some less human people doesn't make all kinds of fairytales real," Jannice said. "Oh, the Fae are very real. Trust me on this." "That's nice, dear. I hope to meet one someday." "Yeah, about that..." Bore said. "But that doesn't mean that Magic is real, dear. Just that there's some pretty thing with pointy ears living next door. That's not quite human." "Mom, magic is real. I have walked the Paths of Elsewhere, romanced a magical princess, fought a dragon and had a drink with a god. Who tried to kill me afterwards." "This isn't a great time for your jokes, hun," she said. "Look, I can prove this to you easily enough." "Of course dear. But it can wait, we've got customers."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630054758-1

"I will go have a shower, my love," Emily said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:24 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630054822-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630054828-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630054834-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630054845-1

"Shh, my love. We should make sure nobody else wakes. Today is a special day, you know... It has been one hundred days since we first met. A hundred days since you saved me on the streets of Edinburgh. A hundred days since our lives changed, forever," Emily said. "Do you regret it?" Bore said. "Never! It has not always been easy, but what we have is worth anything." "Indeed."

https://ibb.co/WKFn1XR
https://ibb.co/W2CYr6D
https://ibb.co/9rccbjB
https://ibb.co/XzSvNTP
https://ibb.co/Kq9brw8
https://ibb.co/7tm8Mps
https://ibb.co/YXzYY0F
https://ibb.co/WkX7Jn8

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630055259-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630055304-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630055308-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630055312-1

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630060456-1

"There you are, dear. The pub opens in 10 minutes, we should get ready," Jannice said. "Cool. I wonder what weirdness will pop up today," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:01 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630060524-1

"At a guess, I would say a high probability of murder and mayhem," she said. "Chloe, you're back? Where's Molly?" Bore said. "She's just changing, she should be up shortly. You didn't think I would have ditched your Chosen in Elsewhere? Not that I wasn't occasionally tempted, mind you. That girl can be infuriatingly dense, and she's entirely too devoted to you for her own good." "Speaking of which, there's someone I wanted to intruduce you to." "Chloe! Oh dear lor, you've barely changed at all. You really  must tell me your secret. Is it a moisturizer?" Jannice said. "It's a kind of magic, Mom," he said. "Jannice! What a pleasant surprise. Whatever brought you here on such short notice? Why, I never expected to see you here," Chloe said. "Yeah, I'm totally sure you never saw this coming," he muttered. "Did you say anything, Bore?" "Nothing important. I was just thinking how fortunate it was that you volunteered to help out for the last couple of days. Did you discover anything?" "Of course. But perhaps we should have that chat later? No need to bore your mother with unnecessary details," Chloe said. "Sure."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630060633-1

"Master! I've missed you so much. Hi Emily, I hope you haven't neglected him," Molly said. "Oh no..." he said. "What is it, Master?" "Molly, let me introduce you to my mother. Mom, this is Molly, another classmate." "Molly, was it? What a nice name. I love your hair, dear. Bore, why does she keep calling you Master?" Jannice said. "It's... complicated," he said. "Life sometimes is, hun. The trick is to just follow your dreams, it will all work out in the end." "Thanks, Mom." "My, arent't you surrounded by pretty girls, dear. It's a good thing Emily doesn't get jealous," Jannice said. "Yeah..." "Well, you're a lucky young man. And it's easy to see just how much you love her, that likely makes everything easier." "I imagine so," Bore said. "Well, hom about Chloe and I run the pub tonight, why don't the three of you go have some fun?" Jannice said. "If you're sure?" "Oh, yes, Master. Why don't the three of us go up to your room, and we can have a fun chat," Molly said. "Actually, let's go grab a beer at the Grassmarket. You can tell us about your trip." "Awww... but Master!" "Let's go, Cho... Molly. Emily?" he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630060816-1

"That sounds fun, my love. Let us go, Molly," Emily said. "I'll see you later, Mom. Chloe," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630060824-1

"Toodaloo, Bore. Enjoy, and I'll see you tonight to give you a quick debrief," Chloe said. "Bye."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630060830-1

"I still say we should have gone to your room and had a threesome," Molly said. "Another time, Molly. How was Camelot?" he said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:34 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630060843-1

"Weird. Like, seriously weird," Molly said. "Well, it's a magical kingdom in Elsewhere," Bore said. "Well, yeah. That part. But it's weirder than that, like the atmosphere was so tense. Everyone watching everyone else. Booker showing up freaked them the hell out, enough that they more or less ignored Chloe and me." "Probably unwise of them." "Like, I don't know what he's actually done, but the nobles we met were really scared of him. some thought he had come to punish them for their rebellion," she said. "So it's called an open rebellion?" "Not like out in the open, no. But people whisper it, sometimes. Especially after a couple of jugs. I spent most of the time hanging in one of the litle pubs around the castle while Booker and Chloe were up at the main hall." "I thought Camelot was a castle," he said. "It's a city, dearest. The castle at its heart, with its support structures, then the inner walls, the city proper, and finally the outer walls and defenses. And fifty thousand more or less innocent lives who do not deserve to die for the sins of my nobles," Emily said. "The things I didn't know about the place I'm supposed to be king of," Bore said. " "It's kind of neat, actually. Very ye olde English Castle kind of thing... cobblestones and huge stone walls and little old pubs," Molly said. "So you were down in the pubs chilling?" "Of course not, Master. I was there spying. It's well known that the best place to gather intel is in a pub, you wouldn't believe the things you can pick up if you're working as a part-time waitress." "No, I can certainly understand that. So you worked while there?" he said. "Yeah, there was a nice little pub, the King's Dragon, that needed a waitress urgently, so I just went there and offered to help out." "A rather tasteless name when you think about it." "Indeed. Once we are back, I may have a word with that publican. Do go on. Molly," Emily said. "What's the mood in Camelot?" Bore said. "Well, once they get a little tipsy... they're pretty pissed. Keep talking about how these foreigners have moved it, taking over," Molly said. "Foreigners? I thought the nobles were from Camelot." "The nobles all have their own estates with their own local townspeople. The people of Camelot would likely take poorly to provincials trying to lord it over them," Emily said. "Ah." "Pretty much. Especially the mercenaries they brought in. The nobles and their soldiers largely stayed inside the Castle with their own guards. There's muttering of an uprising, especially after... someone... helped spread a rumor that the Queen had escaped and was returning with her allies," Molly said. "Molly?" he said. "Yes, Master?" "Did you spread the rumor?" "I may have helped it a little. Though most people think she's bringing the Fae, not the Winter King. Anyway, the nobles were getting increasingly agitated, nobody wants to be sitting on the Throne when the Queen shows up with the Wild Hunt," she said. "I can imagine." "Especially once word got out that she'd escaped. They weren't able to keep that quiet, this poor unfortunate mercenary got like really drunk at the Dragon and spilled the beans the first night we were there. It was all over town bt next morning." "You've been a busy little spy, haven't you?" Bore said. "Oh yes, Master. Don't I deserve a nice reward?" Not in public. What about Chloe and Booker?" "You'd have to ask Chloe, she didn't tell me much. Booker's still back in Camelot, the only time I saw him he looked pissed," Molly said. "Hopefully he's okay." "I'm certain he will manage, my love," Emily said. "I'll have a chat with Chloe later. But for now I guess all we can do is raise a toast," he said. "To us. The Knights of the Lake! We're like so awesome!" Molly said. "I'll drink to that." "To you, my love. For being the strength I can always lean on, the heart I never knew I lacked, my hope for a better world. To you," Emily said. "And you," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630061038-1

"It's getting late, Master. You should go talk to Chloe. Emily and I will have another drink and spend some time chatting. Girl talk, you know," Molly said. "So you guys aren't coming?" Bore said. "We're girls, Master. And no... something tells me you'll want to have this chat alone. Don't worry, I won't keep her up too late." "If you're sure. I'll see you at home, Emily." "Of course, dearest. Now go, deal with your... landlady," Emily said. "Good night, Molly. I'll see you tomorrow," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630061056-1

"I wonder what prompted Molly to send me back alone. And the pub looks closed, though it's still early."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:44 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630061113-1

"You're back. Welcome home, Bore," Chloe said. "I guess this really is home, isn't it?" he said. "Home is the place where you can always return and they never tell you no. But I hope you know you'll always be welcome under my roof." "Thanks, Chloe. You sem maudlin." "I'm half-drunk and half depressed. Dealing with the petty idiocraxy of scheeming nobles tires me out. Why don't you grab a drink, join Auntie Chloe," she said. "No customers tonight?" "Plenty. I just told them to fudge off, I'm not in the mood to play bartender tonight. Your mother's gone to sleep. I suspect I should be doing the same, though I doubt I'd be able to." "What's riding you, Chloe?" Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630061135-1

"Nothing. Or everything. The stupidity of it all, the meaningless waste. The noble peacocks strutting as if their partucular brand of narcissism hasn't been seen a thousand times before. Do you know what the ennui is, Bore?" Chloe said. "It's what kills gods and immortals, I think? Boredom, or the knowledge that there are no new experiences? Something like that," he said. "Close enough. I've always been quite good at keeping it at bay, taking pleasure in the small things, because I know all I'l ultimately find in the big things is frustration. Over time every brilliand political scheme looks the same... but there is always new joy found in a perfect glass of Scotch, the smell of freshly brewed coffee, or the beauty of an exquisite sculpture." "It sounds like you're an aesthete." "It sounds like I'm alive, when all I grew up with has passed. fudge it. Never mind me, Bore. Tomorrow I'll shake this off and find something meaningful to do. I think we just got a new cordial from MahePunk... I'll try it out, once I'm sober enough to appreciate it," she said. "How do you do it?" "Magic? Quite outrageous amounts of magic, in fact. Which reminds me, thanks for recharging those mana gems, that was almost two months worth." "Any time, Chloe. Just drop them off if you need more," Bore said. "Wouldn't want to ne too reliant on  single source. People come, and people go, but extortion is forever. Slàinte." "Slàinte, Chloe." "So, what's bothering you? You can tell Auntie Chloe," she said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630061143-1

"You were a Chosen, once. Weren't you?" Bore said. "What makes you say that?" Chloe said. "Dad. He mentioned that you hadn't been anyone's Chosen for a long time. It implie that you were, once." "Ah, yes. Old Horney, I guess he'd know. Though I wasn't initited by Poopsie Ooopsie, unlike your Chosen." "No, I discovered that with Akane. Anal sex wasn't necessary," he said. "Sex isn't necessary at all. Though I'll agree it's fun. The normal method is drinking or sharing blood, but I guess you take after your father." "Who was your... patron?" "My Mistress? Who do you think?" she said. "The Mother? But she died a thousand years ago. Or more." "Eighteen hundred and nineteen years, six months. Seven days. Not that I'm counting. It's been a while," Chloe said. "What happened?" "Your guess is as good as mine. The Mother became less and less involved. Less interested in the world, or her Chosen. I was the last one initiated, the baby of the Sisterhood. Then one day she was gone. Without a word of goodbye. Our world ended." "And then?" Bore said. "For a while we tried to keep it together. The Sisterhood of the Abandoned. But it was painful, a constant reminder of what we'd had. And lost. Being abandoned by your God... hurts. More than you can know. Over time we scattered. Some gave up, wasted away or killed themselves. Going to join the Mother we called it." "Others?" "Most drifted away. Some started families, had babies... tried to find meaning in life, somehow. Which is how the bloodline of Sorcery entered the world. And some... some went bad," she said. "The Coven?" "Foremost, I guess. Sorcery was... different back then. Confusing and erratic. Primal. And Ailidh always was good at getting what she wanted. When she realized she had the power to take what she wanted, she wasn't shy about it." "And Merlin?" he said. "Nah, that little rat faced bastard wasn't a Chosen. Ours was a Sisterhood, no boys allowed. He was something entirely different." "So you knew Merlin?" "I knew of him. You keep forgetting, I wasn't someone important. There were over a hundred Chosen in the Temple, and I ws the youngest, not to mention the least powerful. Once everything went to hell I... left quite early. Spent the next 50 years breeding roses near Londinium," Chloe said. "Roses? Really?" "If you want to live forever, Bore, I advice you to find joy in the little things. The great narratives lose their sparkle, but a beautiful rose will always be a beautiful rose." "I think we both know Merlin didn't plan for me to live forever," Bore said. "As if I care what that little bastard planned. Your destiny is yours. Not Merlin's. Not the Voices'. Yours. Just make sure you're still around after the final battle so you can raise your kids." "I only have one planned." "For now. Your father is a fertility god, if you think you'll be able to stop at one child, may I recommend celibacy?" she said. "Not happening. I'll take my chances with the children." "Thought as much." "Do you still keep in touch with the others?" he said. "No. First, I left to avoid the reminders of what we've been. Later... well, later there were none left. I'm the last. The last of the Sisterhood of the mother. The Last of the First." "Are you okay, Chloe?" "Yeah, I think I'm going to call it a night. Tomorrow won't get any better from having another drink at this point. I'll see you tomorrow, Bore," she said. "Night, Chloe."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630061434-1

"So Chloe's over 1800 years old? She doesn't look a day past 30. Let's decide to forget this. No wonder she's sensitive about her age."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:26 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630061443-1

"Okay... Let's have a quick shower and wait for Emily. Assuming I can stay awake."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630061508-1

"Perfect timing." "Did I wake you up, my heart?" she said. "No. I was just waiting for you," he said. 

https://ibb.co/wBzHq9B

"Foolish man. You should sleep, you will need your strength," Emily said. "I'll take that as a promise, shall I? How was your girls' night out with Molly?" Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630061536-1

"Fun. We were mostly talking. About you, and us, and the three of us. How was Chloe?" Emily said. "Depressed," he said. "Molly said she had been quiet, returning. I worry we may have placed too much on her shoulders." "She'll be fine, I'm sure." "Let us hope so. Good night, my love. It is time for us to sleep. It has been a rather long day," she said. "Good night, Emily."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630061603-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630061622-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630061629-1

"I woke you up to tell you Katie and Bella just arrived downstairs. Moly is harder to detect, but I would be unsurprised if she was also there," Emily said.

https://ibb.co/QF0jR0m

"Duty calls," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630061650-1

"You have a duty to your wife as well. But that shall have to wait, a Noble's first duty is to his followers," she said. "'Tis ever heavier than a mountain," he said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:21 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630061702-1

"You are learning, my love," Emily said. "Looks like we have no choice. Let's get up and get dressed before someone comes to disturb us," Bore said. 

https://ibb.co/BKckHYt

"As you say, dearest. Now, stop leering at me and get yourself ready," she said. "Don't take this from me," he said. "If it means that much to you, my heart... ogle to your heart's desire." "Thanks, Emily. You're the best wife a man could wish for. Have I told you that?" "Never often enough, dearest. But the show is over, time for you to get ready," Emily said. "I guess." "I shall see you downstairs, dearest. Do not linger too long." "Sure. Who knew being a king would be such busy work. Well. Let's go greet my adoring subjects," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630061743-1

"Bore, ye lazy cunt. Why dun ye come run with me in the morning? Get yer ass out of bed, meet me down at the gym by 5... we could get a good 2-3 hours run before the sun even gets up. If ye dunnae do the runnin', ye cannae do the fightin'," she said. "Some of us are just married and have a very good reason not to get out of bed, Katie. And a very good morning to you too," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630061753-1

"Morning, Master. Did ye and the Princess gave a good night?" Bella said. "It would have been better if you guys let us sleep in," he said. "Sorry, Master, Molly told us to be here this morning." "Molly?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630061806-1

"Good morning, Master! Emily, you're looking radiant!" Molly said. "So, Chosen... to what do I owe this early morning wakeup?" Bore said. "You didn't have anything else planned, right Master?" "We have time, dearest. Stop glaring at your Chosen," Emily said. "I guess," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 12 20220630061825-1

"We are here, Master." "Akane! Should you be up already?" Bore said. "I am well, Master. And ready to assist you... in any way I can," she said. "Let's try to avoid you getting hurt again. Hello, Kitsune. Nice to see you too, foxy."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next