Saturn Reads Tarot
Saturn Reads Tarot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Donate Here

Ads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War

Go down

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War Empty Love of Magic: Book 2 The War

Post by Wotan Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:14 am

And so begins the middle chapter of this story. Click images to enlarge. The links are hidden screenshots that require a password to view. You can PM me if you don't have it. Or you'll find it on my FB account. Let the story begin...

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204044712-1

"Good morning, my love," she said. "Good morning, Emily," Bore said. "Something is happening, dearest. Much as I would prefer to sleep with you, we need to go downstairs and find out what. I fear something terrible has happened... a feeling I cannot shake." "Okay," he sighed. 

https://ibb.co/DzVvWVD

"Thank you for yesterday, dearest. I loved finally catching the fireworks. It was every bit as beautiful as I imagined," she said. "An you are every bit as beautiful as I remembered," he said. "Dearest pervert. Are you not getting dressed?" "And miss the show? No way!" "Well... your private show is over, my heart. Enough procratination," Emily said. "Yes, my Queen."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204044847-1

"Hurry up and get dressed, my heart. I wish to see what is causing a commotion downstairs," she said. "I thought it filled you with dread?" Bore said. "It does. But knowledge is preferrable to ignorance. Hurry." "Sure." "My husband... always stylish in his worn black t-shirt and jeans," Emily said. "Something to deal with later. Let's head down." "Indeed I shall. But later, as you say. Lead the way, my love." "Let's find Chloe," he said. 

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204044927-1

"Good morning, sleepyheads. While the two of you were busy nuzzling in bed, the End of the World has arrived," Chloe said. "The Outsiders? They have arrived?" Bore said. "They hit Mexico, last night at midnight. Mexico cito is a smoking crater. Millions are dead... and the war has only just begun." "Shit. I was certain they'd come back for us... Arthur and Merlin were the ones who bloodied them last time." "It's possible they don't see much of a difference between us. Or that something else is guiding them. The grapevine says they've fucked the Aztec Gods hard... you can count the ones still alive on the hand of a blind butcher," she said. "Shit. We're not ready. It's too soon," he said. "We will be ready, my love. Have faith. We must gather our allies and gird for war. This will not be the only prong of the attack. Expect the Cult to make its move soon," Emily said. "Indeed." "Speaking of which, Bore... someone just broke the ward on the bathroom window. We have an intruder," Chloe said. "If that's just a cat-burglar, he's about to have the worst day of his career. Let's go," he said. 

Back to top Go down

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War Empty Re: Love of Magic: Book 2 The War

Post by Wotan Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:01 am

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204045039-1

"Ah... Winter Child. I had hoped we could speak... alone." "Another bloody Cambion.Let's be honest with each other, you were hoping you could decapitate me from behind," Bore said. "That, too, would have been an acceptable outcome. Having failed to achieve it, I have a message for you... from my Lord," the Cambion said. "Spit it out, then." "The Gates have been opened again. But things are... different this time. An invasion, not a raid. And in return for our help, we have been made certain... assurances. That the world shall be scoured of you... and all your monkey kin. Your decrepit gods shall not save you this time." "Charming."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204045114-1

"This is your last warning, Winter Child. Kneel before the Rulers of the world, and we shall spare you and those close to you. Defy them... an they shall spend an eternity suffering as you watch." "You know, Cambion, tempting though both of those sound, I think I'm going with option C here. Since you have allied with the Outsiders, you have become my enemy. There is only one response to that, we will destroy you. Utterly," Bore said.

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204045318-1

"Careful, Bore... I can sense another one, on the roof," Chloe said. "I can probably blast him through the roof, no risk of hitting innocents if I'm shooting upwards, right? Where is he?" he said. "You want to blow the roof off my house? You... you..." "It's not as if you paid for it. Anyway, just a thought... any other ideas on how we get him down? Without colleteral damage, I mean?" "I can sense Bella approaching. It would probably be best if we wait for her. The four of us should be able to ferret him out... without excessive damage to the surrounding houses," Emily said. "Still seems easier to just tag him from here... I'm pretty sure I can keep the blast to only a half meter or so. Wouldn't take much to get fixed." "Dont you dare, Bore," Chloe said. "Spoilsport. Anyway, we'll just wait it..." he said. 

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204045405-1

"Hun? I heard a terrible racket... Whatever is that?" Jannice said. "Hi, Mom. That? Oh... that. You mean the dead body? It's... well, it's a long story," Bore said. "Then start talking, mister. Why is there a dead body in the bathroom? What happened to him?" "I did. Look, Mom, I'll tell you later, right now we've got something we're trying to deal with... What the hell just happened? Bella! Are you okay?" "Clear!" the answer came back. "Everything okay down there?" Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:53 am

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204045459-1

"Which of ye funny buggers came up with the bright idea of dumping a half-demon on my head?" Bella said. "It slipped and fell off the roof, I think. I've dealt with its partner already," Bore said. "Cambions make cats look clumsy, Master. Ain't no way in a year of bad luck he's just have slipped and fallen off." "Don't ask me, I'm just telling you what we saw. Is he still alive? I had some questions I really wanted to ask." "Unless ye find a way of scooping the brains back inside his skull, he ain't in a question-answering kinda mood," she said. "Shit. I needed to know where he came from." "I can tell you that, Master. He's an Outrider of the Malgraleth Sept of the Olmodan Clan. Well, was." "How on earth did you know that, Bella?" he said. "I was a Hunter, Master. Just what did you think I hunted? Every clan has its own peculiarities, clothing, smell... ain't that hard to tell them apart, once ye've gotten some experience. But this might not be the best place to have this chat. Let me get the cleanup crew a call, and I'll see ye inside." "Sure. We'll be down."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204045601-1

"Bore? Before we go. I need you to be honest with me. What on earth is happening? Who's that girl?" Jannice said. "She's my Chosen. Think of her as a divine bodyguard. With benefits, I guess." he said. "Divine... bodyguard? What are you talking about, hun?" "Look, Mom... it's complicated." "No, hun... your Facial App relationship status is complicated. Dead people in the bathromm is something else," she said. "He was a monster, not a person." "You're gar too quick to make that assessment, young man. I could have sworn I raised you better than this." "He threatened to kill everyone I care for unless I submit to the Outsiders. Some monsters are people. And some monsters are just monsters. That one needed kiling," Bore said. "When did you become so cold? A living creature is dead." "And if he was alive he would have tried to hurt me. Or you. Or Emily. It is not the first time I have killed, not will it be the last. The Outsiders are here... and with them, the War. Now, let's go downstairs. We can discuss the rest of this later." "But..." Jannice said. "Ignore the body, a military cleanup crew should be along shortly to deal with it and the remains of the poor bastard we dropped on Bella. We need to get downstairs... Something happened in Mexico City last night, the beginning of something that will change our world."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204045713-1

"Everything okay, Jannice?" Chloe said. "Good question, I guess," Bore said. "No... not really. Someone is dead, upstairs. And you are all acting like it's nothing. And Bore is talking about a War... and the Outsiders? Chloe... what is going on?" Jannice said. "I take it the dice have finally stopped spinning, Chloe?" "Oh... not yet, Bore. But they're starting to slow, for the first time in a millennium. Jannice... your son is destined for great things. And with that comes great responsibility," she said. "And the occasional BBQ," he said. "Last night the Outsiders hit Mexico City. Millions are dead already, millions more will die by the time the sun rises again tomorrow." "Isn't there anything we can do?" "Not yet. You will need allies... and an army. Right now you'd merely get yourself killed. Which would be a terrible shame, after all the effort it took to bring you to this juncture," Chloe said. "Crap."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204045804-1

"Quite succintly, yes," Chloe said. "Hi, Bella. Everything okay?" Bore said. "Aye. Even got my morning exercise, thanks to that nice Cambion. Cleanup crew's dealing with the remains. I take it someone was trying to downsize ye again?" she said. "Yes. Chatty little bastard, this time. The Demons have allied themselves with the Cult... and the Outsiders. I don't know if it's all the demons, but at the very least this Sept... whatever you called it... appears to be deeply involved in this mess." "The Malgraleth Sept of the Olmodan Clan, Master. A clan controls a given part of the Deep... each Sept consists of a single Lor and his slaves, harem  and followers." "So we have an address? Fancy a road-trip, Bella?" he said. "Aye?" "Then that goes on our to-do list. I'm sick and tired of Cambions showing up when I'm not looking, it's time we make an example of of this Malgraleth. Emily... what do we do about the army?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:57 am

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204045921-1

"Camelot does not have the manpower base to field a large army... and I had hoped for more time to expand our armament industry. But what we have shall suffice. It wall have to," Emily said. "Could we recruit more Gurkhas?" Bore said. "Perhaps. An addional battalion, maybe two if we use the existing Battalion as a cadre. But I will not send a generation of Nepali to their deaths by recruiting too heavily and sending them out half-prepared. Our allies need to fill that void." "My Father. And the Fae." "Hun? Your... Father?" Jannice said. "I'll tell you later, Mom," he said. "The Fae won't be enough. You'll need to bring in the Norse as well," Chloe said. "Torman... Yeah, I can't see that happening." "They have been preparing for Ragnarok for a thousand years. It's time they step up to the plate. And Thor is hardly the only god in Valhalla." "I think I still have Val's card around somewhere. Maybe she's able to set up something where we don't kill each other," Bore said. "Then there is the secular goverment. I will organise a meeeting with our British allies as soon as possible," Emily said. "And the American goverment, I guess. With Cthulhu's ugly cousin wandering around in the Sonoran Desert, I can only assume the world's largest military will be interested in what's going on. What is it, love?" "I am not looking forward to that. The American ambassador to Britain is an ass." "Not a fan, then?" he said. "After I assumed the Throne, Sir Henry reached out to organize an audience. He was rebuffed, quite rudely. Evidently the new Ambassador did not have time to waste on 'Lilliputian European rump states.' He also clearly did not believe in Magic, offering to send Barney the Dinosaur as a representant to the Court," she said. "Maybe the outsiders will make them change their opinions on that." "Perhaps. I shall let Sir Henry know, maybe they will prove more amenable this time. Alternatively, we may end up talking to Barney... he is likely both smarter and more politically astute than the Ambassador." "We'll work it out, somehow. It was my home before I met you, I'm not going to leave it to face the Outsiders alone, even if the ambassador is being a dick," Bore said. 

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204050027-1

"Ye should swing down to the gym tomorrow, as well... chat with Katie before she heads back to Lancaster Glade." "Good idea, Bella," Bore said. "And then we shall return to Camelot, my heart. Our people need us to be there. And there are plans that need to be set in motion," Emily said. "Yeah. I guess it comes with the job," he said. 

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204050104-1

"No, Mister. You are not getting off the hook that easily. I will have a full accounting of the last few months," Jannice said. "Sure. I've been trying to tell you anyway. Bella, Chloe... I think this is a family moment. I'll see you guys later," Bore said. "Aye, Boss. Come along, Chloe... Let's leave Emily and Master for their family get-together." "Thanks, Bella." "I think Emily might want to sit this one out, as well. You and I have some serious talking to do," Jannice said. "No, Mom. This is as much her story to tell as it is mine." "So. Start talking, hun. And make it good." "Where to start... that's the question," he said. "With the truth. That is how I raised you, hopefully you haven't forgotten everything I taught you." "The truth is... complicated. The first thing you need to understand is that Magic is real. And that I am a Mage. That's why I came to Edinburgh in the first place, to master my powers." "Hun..." Jannice said. "Here, let me show you."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204050158-1

"Actually, my heart... Let me. Less chance of accidentally setting fire to Chloe's pub that way. Watch this, Jannice, it is a simple spell... a Shield," Emily said. "Hey, I can do shields as well. Not everything I do involves blowing things up or setting them on fire," Bore said. "That is... quite extraordinary," Jannice said. "The second thing I need you to know is that our world isn't the only one. There is another, called Elsewhere. Come, let me show you," he said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:39 am

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204050224-1

"What on earth is that?" Jannice said. "A portal into Elsewhere. The world where our Magic comes from," Bore said. 

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204050244-1

"It's beautiful," Jannice said. "And dangerous. Though hopefully nothing will be stupid enough to attack us today, the area around Edinburgh is largely safe. Follow me," he said. 

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204050302-1

"Greetings Promised One. Welcome, Blessed by the Voices. We have been waiting for you." "Hi, Gate. Why am I completely unsurprised you knew about my mother? Open up," Bore said. "Of course, Promised One." "At least it's feeling cooperative today."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204050326-1

"This... can't be real..." Jannice said. "Welcome to the Glade. A gift from my Father. And my godfather. It's here we formed the Knights of the Lake... and swore to stand together against the darkness. Which is how we ended up with demonic assassins appearing in the bathroom," Bore said. "What my husband's trying to tell you, Jannice, is that this is a war. People will die. Millions have, already... and we have barely begun. You cannot hold a soldier, never mind a general, to the moral compass of a small-town veterinarian. He will do what he has to, because the alternative wold be the destruction of everything we both love," Emily said. "I'm sorry, Mom," he said. "Your grandfather would likely understand better... I'm. I'm sorry, hun. I didn't wish this for you, I just wanted you to be happy," Jannice said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:52 am

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240204050402-1

"Don't be sorry, Mom. I would not trade what has happened these last moths for any other reality. This is who I am meant to be. Where I am meant to stand. And I couldn't ask for better companions," Bore said. "I guess you take from your Gandfather's side of the family. Blood will tell," Jannice said. "Or my Father's, yeah. With Mexico City destroyed, the War has officially begun. We have three opponents. So far. The Necromancers of the Cult. The Demons of the Deep Elsewhere. And the Outsiders, creatures from outside our reality who see all life as a snack-bar."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205081328-1

"And that thing in the bathroom?" Jannice said. "A Cambion. Half-demon assasin. We've dealt with 3 of them, so far. Between you and me, I'm getting sick and tired of them. It's time that particular demon lord realizes that some targets have sharp edges," Bore said. "If you want to change the world, you must be your very best in the darkest moment." "Another of Grandfather's sayings?" "Likely one he borrowe from somewhere. He came back from the service changed... I was hoping you would never follow him. But life doesn't really seem to agree," she said. "Do you think he would have wanted you to stop him?" "Not that I would have had much chance of doing that. He's a force of nature. But no... he would tell me to stop being a sugar cookie and that he was never happier than when he was neck deep in mud with his buddies. But a war... it will change you, hun. Make you harder. Colder." "I'll have Emily with me... my anchor. She'll keep me safe," he said. "As I shall rely on him to keep me from growing too hard and cold. He is my anchor... as I am his," Emily said. "Let's get back to the crowley before it is too late." "One thing bothers me, Bore..." Jannice said. "Yes?"

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205081349-1

"You said this was a gift from your father?" Jannice said. "Yes?" Bore said. "He is dead, hun. Your grandfather was certain. And as angry as he was when he found out someone had gotten me pregnant and abandoned me... it's quite possible he would have made certain, if he had found him alive." "It's a little hard to reconcile that image with the man who used to dress up as Santa. But in this case he's wrong, my father is very much alive." "You and I will continue that discussion later, Bore," she said. "Yeah..."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205081424-1

"Okay, I'd better go help Chloe with the bar... it's getting late. I'll see you later, Bore, this conversation is not over," Jannice said. "Sure, Mom..." he said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:59 am

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205081441-1

"You sound worried, my love?" Emily said. "You're not the one who gets to tell your mother she had a one month affair with a god. And it's not as if we managed to totally clear the air," Bore said. "You might be surprised how clearly I wish I could, even for something as problematic as that. As for clearing the air... I assume you mean such minor details as Elanora?" "Yeah... me knocking up the Queen in Exile is one of the things she'll have to know about some day." "At least she knows about Magic. And the War," she said. "And we have an address for whoever is sending Cambions at us. Time for some payback." "Bella knew which Sept it came from. She will likely know where to find it, as well." "I really should explore Elsewhere more," he said. "Something to take up with Bella, perhaps... she will be more than happy to introduce you to the paths and the wilds." "Sounds like a plan. What else?" "We need to build a Grand Alliance. The Fae. The Norse. And our non-magical cousins," Emily said. "Your cousins, perhaps... I'm pretty sure I'm not related to any British royals. But I do have Val's phone number... maybe we can organize something with her. As for the Fae..." "Let me worry about the Fae, dearest. Camelot and Tir na nÒg have close relations... It will be easier for them to meet us in Camelot." "We need to return there soon, anyway," Bore said. "Yes... though you may want to meet up with Katie before we go. As we return to Camelot, she will return to Lancaster Glade... it may be some time until we see her again." "Yeah. Tomorrow morning." "That is likely enough, we will depart for Camelot on Friday morning... that should give us time to meet with her Majesty's representatives in Edinburgh. And for you to take care of any last minute tasks in Edinburgh," she said. "Maybe pick up a book to read?" "You are aware that we have an entire library at our disposal in Camelot, my love?" "Still not quite the same as Diana's books. I should she what she's got for me," he said. "If you prefer, my love. I will go make some calls... hopefully our new Ambassador is both more competent and more loyal than the previous one. I fear he will not be getting much sleep the next few days." "Take care, love."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:28 am

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205082054-1

"Planning to work as a bouncer?" Chloe said. "Why not. Emily is busy, and I could do with something to occupy myself with," he said. "Not for much longer, Bore. Your days of being my bouncer are rapidly coming to an end." "The war." "And the fact that nobody wants to drink in a pub with a bouncer who risks setting fire to the city if he loses his temper. Word of Mitburgh's starting to get out. Not to mention the possibility of having a Cambion landing on you," she said. "Yeah, I was wondering about that. Bella said those things make cats look clumsy, what the hell happened to it?" "What usually happens to things trying to screw up a Blessed of the Voices' day. Reality and probability ganged up on him, his legs slipped and as he fell he landed on a Chosen Werewolf." "Tough luck," Bore said. "Of course. Which is also why we'll be totally fine without an Evoker setting fire to the celing. Or our guests." "So Mom's staying? I thought she was leaving in a couple of days?" "Flights to North America have been severely restricted, the Outsiders are spreading out from Mexico City, with several moving towards the US border. The Presient has declared a state of emergency, and a full mobilization," she said. "Hopefully that'll help with the Ambasador. And it means Mom's around for the official wedding." "And that you get to tell her that you've gotten Emily pregnant in person." "At this point that feels like a family tradition. She's not in a great position to complain," he said.

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205082338-1

"I wish you the best of luck with that line of argument," Chloe said. "I'll miss this place. Some good memories from here. Some great memories, in fact," he said. "I'm hardly just ejecting you, Bore. You'll always be welcome here." "Thanks, Chloe. That means a lot." "I'll even give you a 30% staff discount," she said. "Gee, thanks. That still makes this place as one of the most expensive pubs in Edinburgh." "Fit for royalty." "It certainly is, yes," Bore said. "I'll leave your room as it is... you might need a place to sleep if you're in town. And it's not as if your PC would survive Elsewhere, would be a shame if all those porn-games went up in flames." "Indeed. I'll just leave it here, with my landlady and my mother." "Just remember, Bore. Many people still associate you with this place. You should make sure you stop by from time to time... you never know what might come of it," she said. "I'll keep that in mind, Chloe." "Having said that... up for one last night's work? Before flouncing off to be a royal, I mean..." "I'd like that, Chloe," Bore said. 

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205082355-1

"Greetings, Bore. Pour me a pint of Kentucky Gentleman. Actually, make it a double," Scholar said. "Two pints of Kentucky Gentleman, coming up. I take it you're having a rough day?" Bore said. "Such as you would never believe, Bore. The news out of Mexico... the millions dead amongst untold suffering, the human military driven before the Outsiders like cattle... it's unbearable." "Yeah..." "Do you have any idea how troublesome doing a trans-atlatic crossing is for an Orc? No passport, no documentation. All I wish to do is dive head-first into the fighting against the most terrible enemy, to finally prove myself worthy of being a true Orc, for that brief moment before a foot the size of  Ford Transit squashes me flat," Scholar said. "Wouldn't it be better to be viscorious in battle?" "Against the Outsiders? I cannot see how you'd manage. They'll do what they've always done, rampaging through our World until they grow sick and tire of it, then returning." "Maybe it'll be different this time," Bore said. "Yeah... some people are saying this time is different... an invasion, a fight for all the marbels." "They're right." "You think... maybe they will come here once they're done buggering the Americans? Well, it's worth hoping for, Bore. Sometimes miracles happen," Scholar said. "We're putting together an Alliance, scholar. And an army. Camelot stopped them last time. We'll do it again." "An army, you say? Interesting. Pour me another pint of the dear Gentleman, Bore... he and I have many things to ponder tonight." "Sure, Scholar. Enjoy," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:19 am

When Bore wakes up, Emily is already gone.

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205082553-1

"Damnit, that sucks. I guess I should get up as well. Bella and Katie should hopefully still be at the gym. Rise and shine."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205082613-1

"Morning, Bore. Your wife's already left... dressed for bureaucratic warfare. I assume some kind of inter-goverment meeting," Chloe said. "I should have gone with her, feels unfair to leave all this crap to her," he said. "You are fundamentally unsuited for mid-level bureaucracy. Even friendly nations don't tend to stay friendly if you start setting their junior ministers on fire. Let your wife deal with the details of statecraft." "While I do the big picture stuff?" "While you do the killing things stuff. If Emily needs a sledgehammer, she'll call on you. The rest of the time you're really more hepfuly seen than heard," she said. "Thanks, Chloe." "Someone has to stop your head from growing too big for your shoulders. Your wife is in love, your Chosen are smitten, and Katie is of no help at all. So it becomes my job." "Thank you for assuming that burden, Chloe," he said. "Don't mention it, Bore. And as burdens go it is rather light. Especially compared to the rest." "Speaking of Katie... I should go check up on her. See you later, Chloe."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205082709-1

"It's still early, they should be at the Gym. I probably should see about finding a gym near my new digs as well... there must be some kind of exercise room in the Castle? I will need my strength in the battles to come."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205082726-1

"Katie? Are you around? I guess she's at the ring."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205082742-1

"And ye must be Bore," she said. "I guess? Who's asking?" he said. "Ah can see why she likes ye, ye're a handsome bugger, ain't ye. And a very nice ass. Though I like my men a little bigger. Ye know what they say, big shoulders and a bigger cock, eh?" "Excuse me?" "And pretty eyes. From yer father, no doubt... Ye certainly look like the old horn-dog. But they're kinder than 'is. Which is good, 'e's an arrogant son of a goat... yer much too young to look at the world in that way," she said. "Do I know you? Are you a relative of Katie's?" "Aye? Of course... Ah'm Fia. Fia Maclachlan." "Makes sense, Katie mentioned she's got a bunch of cousins," Bore said. "Aye, we're a big family. Cozy, like. I ain't never been all that good with kids meself, but some of the girls absolutely adore them. Why, one of me sisters got 9 girls and 7 boys... it's a wonder that house never burned down, let me tell ye." "Yeah... a house with 9 Katies would be... interesting." "Ain't nobody quite like Katie. Her brother's got too much of 'is mother in 'im... Bless James, but 'e shoulda married a lion, not a lamb. Cathy's a sweet girl, but... Evokers ain't supposed to be sweet," Fia said. "The Swords of Mankind..." "Aye. And right now Mankind pretty feckin' needs a bigger sword. Feckin' Outsiders." "And the Cult. And at least some of the Demons," he said. "The Cult's a pain in the arse. But Demon Lords... ye would have thought they'd nae fudge with humanity. We tend to fudge 'em back. Harder. How sure are ye?" "One of them got chatty, offered me my life if I would swear fealty to his Lord. I killed one of them, Bella the other... she said he was from some kind of Sept... Malgereth? Something like that." "Clan Olmodan. The Malgraleth Sept of the Olmodan Clan. Particularly unpleasant arseholes... off the northern trench. We've brushed up against them before, if Bella Hume identified it, she ain't likely to be wrong. So... what do ye plan to do about it?" she said. "Bring my Chosen along, hit them hard, and leave House Malgraleth a smoking ruin." "Aye... nae a bad plan. And if ye take the Mitburgh option, the 4 of ye might be enough. If ye would like to spend some time exploring the place... four people ain't gonna hack it. Even a god and thre Chosen. A Sept Fortress is a rat's maze o'tunnels, and there's too many of the wee bastards around... ye'd want two or three fists and a full complement of Hunters." "You sound like you've done this before," Bore said. "Ye could say that, yeah. Last one was a while ago, but ye dunnae forget something like that." "What happened?" "A raiding party hit Sgarba Eilean... this windblown little island not that far from Bellanoch. Took some slaves, killed the rest. Sept Dernath, another of the Olmodan gang," Fia said. "And?" "This was back when James was still around. We gathered up him and Andrew and as much of the Clan as could make it on short notice. Then we went down to get our people back. You dunnae ever back down before demons, or they'll take everything." "Sounds like something I should discuss with Katie," he said. "Aye, among the other things the two of ye need to chat about." "Sure."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:23 am

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205083002-1

"Hey, Bore. I was expecting ye to show up soonish. Sounds like our schedule's moved up," Katie said. "Yeah. The Outsiders are loose, and on the wrong side of the Atlantic," he said. "Aye. It's gonna make force projection one hell of a pain in the ass. And Americans dun know shit about magic... no offense." "None taken. Anyway, I was telling Fia here that we've got some other leads, closer to home." "Aye? Shoulda known ye'd get along with Gran," she said. "Wait, she's your... grandmother?" "Aye?" "No, nothing. Just good to get that clarified," Bore said. "So... leads. Closer to home?" "Yes... indeed. We had another couple of Cambion visitors. This time Bella got us an address." "Och aye?" Katie said. "I was going to hit it alone, but your... your Gran... suggested we'd want a larger force." "Probably. At least if ye want to do it up close and personal. Get inside the gates and they'll start swarming, yer up to yer neck in demon-shit before ye know it." "You take one Fist, I take the other?" he said. "And we'll field the third. Will do Andy good to get off his fat arse. And Ah've got some scores to settle with the wee fucks as well," Fia said. "So three Fists. Emily should probably sit this one out, she's busy with the diplomacy and with the... Yeah, she should sit it out. We should be able to borrow a Hunter or an Enchanter from the Squad. Maybe Kath?" he said. "Ain't no shortage of Enchanters in the Clan. Bore. But Ah quite fancy coming along in yer squad meself... Andy's old enough 'e dunnae need to be tied to me apron-strings." "One would hope. Let's do that, and I'll take Molly and Bella. Katie, you take Dylan, Akane and her pet fox. When do we go?" "Ah need to set things in motion for Lancaster. It ain't much point in just being a strong point when the key enemy's an ocean away... we need to add expeditionany capabilities," she said. "Sounds good." "Ah'll get the clan movin'. Sounds like Lancaster will be a key Clan base in this war... we need to get that set up. Armaments and matieriel... Enchanter stuff..." Fia said. "Excellent." "Ah'll leave getting medieval on the wee beasties up to ye lot... meself. Ah prefer to get industrial on the critters." "You and Emily both, I think. Katie, when can you guys be ready to move?" Bore said. "Gimme a week to shake things down, get construction set up, and herd the werelynx into rinning in the same direction. How about Thursday 9th, does that work for ye?" she said. "Perfect. We'll meet you guys at Lancaster." "Aye. It's been a pleasure to finally meet ye, Bore. Not every god's worth the time of day, it's good to see Katie's got better instincts than me. We'll see ye next Thursday. In the meantime, happy huntin'," Gran said. "Happy hunting, Fia. Katie, I'll see you soon." "Aye. Now go away, the gym's closed for the day, until some cousin can scoot over and run it... Ah'll be too busy to do a good job." "I'll see you later, Katie," he said. 

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205083350-1

"I should give Bella a call... I need to find out more about these demons."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205083408-1

"Aye, Master. Anything I can do for ye?" Bella said. "We're hitting the demon hideout next Thursday. The Clan is joining in, I just met up with Gran and Katie," Bore said. "Great news, Master. It'll do ye good to get to know Gran and Uncle. Good folk to have at your back in a fight, those two." "Seems to go for the entire clan. Anyway, before we do... I need to know more about Elsewhere itself. I think you probably know it better than most of us." "Well, the Princess is a native. And a Knight. But us Hunters do know a trick or two. Ah'd be happy to show ye," she said. "Sounds like a plan. We're heading down to Camelot tomorrow... sounds like a good time to go over the basics. You're coming with us, right?" "Aye, Master. Ain't gonna be much use as the King's Shield if Ah'm halfay across the country. Molly, Akane and Dylan's joining us as well." "An entire household on the move," he said. "A Court, I would say.Anyway, we'll see ye at the Crowley tomorrow." "See you there, Bella." 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:14 am

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205083544-1

"Welcome, My Lord. I've missed you," Jenny said. "I guess with the things going on in my life, I don't always have much time to come here for coffee," Bore said. "You can always Facial me, My Lord... here, my FacialID." "Thanks, Jenny, I might at that." "I'll look forward to it, My Lord. In the meanwhile, I have prepared your usual," she said. "Thanks, Jenny."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205083653-1

"Welcome, Your Highness," she said. "Don't be like that, Diana. You knew me when I ws a broke student," Bore said. "And I know you now that you are a King. But the two are not the same person. Titles matter, as do responsibilities. They change a person... and the Crown is far more likely to mould you than you are likely to mould it." "All I wanted was a book. There should still be some I haven't read yet." "No. Not right now," she said. "What do you mean, not right now. You had a ton of books for me before the New Year." "and now I have none. It will change soon... the books will sense your elevation, and they'll come." "They'll just wander in on their cute little feet?" he said. "Of course not. They will convince the humans that currently have them to do that. Come back in a couple of day's time... I will have new books, fit for a King." "Okay, I'll do that. Bye, Diana."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205083803-1

"Hello, Bore. What a surprise, meeting you here," Olivia said. "You're in a suspiciously good mood. Did anything happen?" he said. "You have no idea how exciting this is. You heard about Mexico City, of course." "Yeah?" "Isn't it wonderful?" she said. "Millions are dead, Olivia." "Of course, and that's really awful. But, don't you see, Bore... all my theories, all my publications... it's all true! The Secret Order has finally revealed itself." "That's not really the Secret Order, Olivia. Just a Cult of crazy necromancers and inter-dimensional monsters," Bore said. "Wasn't that what I just said? I always knew you Mages were evil. Hiding your secrets, and trying to befuddle my mind. But I told you, I am much too smart for you. And now the world shall finally know!" "Most mages aren't necromancers, Olivia. Trust me on this." "Trust you? Do you think I'm stupid? You're in no doubt neck deep in all of this. You were assigned to spy on me, because your talent meant I would not be able to penetrate your mind," she said. "Look, Olivia..." "I'm sure the University staff is deeply involved as well... no doubt one of the lecturers was right there, directing this." "Well..." he said. "Probably that shifty rat-faced Professor... Bakker, or whatever his name was. Never could stand him. You know what they say about gingers. But, in the end, you cannot suppres the truth. The world will know!" "The world will know you're crazier than a box full of monkeys. But go ahead, don't let me stop you." "As if you could," she said. "Bye, Olivia."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:43 am

"Looks like DressXpress has updated the website. But the model still looks familiar, somehow. Is there anything interesting I want to buy, I wonder? I should get something for Chloe. And maybe she'll... model... it for me, like before. Let's see. Something sexy, that shows off her body," Bore thought.

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205084053-1

"Oh, that's not bad, not bad at all. Very much a case of underwear being optional."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205084111-1

"It's smoking. But I don't think Chloe could pull that kind of sideboob off. And it feels a bit rustic for Chloe anyway, she's more of a city-slicker."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205084127-1

"Oh... my. That's hot as fudge. I love that underboob look. I'm going to bookmark this one, just in case."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205084145-1

"I believe we have a winner. I could totally see Chloe on a Harley, dressed like that. Drinking poor unsuspecting biker-gangs under the table."

https://ibb.co/yQymhY2

"And yes... Let's hope she does a full showcase of this... I love how those jeans hug her hips. It's £100. That's not bad at all. Says they do overnight delivery. Chloe usually surprises me in the shower. I should grab a shower at night, see if she'll join me. Let's check it out tomorrow."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205084255-1

"Yes, My Lord... how may I serve you," Jenny said. "You mentioned I should call you?" Bore said. "Yes... My Lord. I've missed your strong hands on my head, your hard cock in my mouth. I was lying here, dreaming of your dick." "Turn on your camera, Jenny." "Are you... sure... My Lord? What if someone else sees this?" she said. "Do you stil obey, Jenny? Or have you forgotten how?"

https://ibb.co/ZVnWQG5

"No... I... yes, My Lord. Turning on the camera now," she said. "Very nice, Jenny. Did you know I would call?" he said. "I... don't... maybe. I felt... something. Like, I was too hot, too hot to wear clothes, like they itched against my skin. And I kept thinking about you, and your face and your cock and your eyes, burning like sapphires in the night, and it made me so hot." "And what does that make you want to do?"

https://ibb.co/tMyHqTt

"It makes me want to touch myself... to imagine your hands rubbing over my body. Oh, that feels so goo," Jenny said. "Don't," Bore said. "My Lord?" "We're going to play a little game. You're not allowed to touch yourself, and not allowed to cum until I say so." "My Lord? Okay... tell me... tell me when," she said. "I will. Goodnight, Jenny." "What? But My Lord!" "Goodnight, Jenny. And remember my orders. I will call again," he said. 
"Let's wait... two days, maybe? I'll call her again then," he thought. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:35 pm

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205084507-1

"Good morning, my heart. It's good to finally wake up together again," she said. "Morning, Emily. Not running off to play envoy today?" Bore said. "Not today. What can be achieved has been achieved. One of the Outsiders is closing up on the US border, the Americans have invoked Article 5 of the North Atlantic Treaty. The British are going to War, and are requesting Camelot's aid for the first time since 1939." "An attack on one is an attack on all. Did you get what you wanted?" "Some of it. We have acquited control of an industrial park near the Prime Portal in Kent. It used to make Japanese cars, but with the Brexit confusion... suffice to say it needed a new tenant. The existing infrastructure will speed up production, though the cost will be ruinous," Emily said. "I remember Molly saying your family was rich. Do we have enough?" "The Crown has resources beyong most individuals, true. But on the scale of nations Camelot is a small country, the cost of this is likely to completely drain both the state's and our personal funds. Will you still love me when I am as poor as a pauper?" "Always," he said. "Seen ahgainst what is coming, our wealth has little purpose... if we have to spend every last penny we shall. It will have to be enough." "Maybe I can find some way to help fund it?" "Perhaps, my love. Though I fear we will need billions of pounds to complete this project." "Yeah, the regulars at the Crowley don't tip quite that well, unfortunately. We'll  have sort something else out," Bore said. 

https://ibb.co/9wRK2GL

"I have faith in you. Now let me get dressed," Emily said. "If you insisr," Bore said. "You can enjoy the show, my love. Since it appears to make you so happy." "If you only knew."

https://ibb.co/gW2WrtK

"What are you doing, foolish man?" she said. "Just giving you a hug," he said. "That is... not... a hug." "So you want me to stop?"

https://ibb.co/RNvJr7c

"I didn't say that. But we need to travel to Ca,elot today, our friends will be here soon," Emily said. 

https://ibb.co/GnLkzTR

"That feels... so nice, my heart. But... enough. Or we shall not escape the bedroom today. And we have miles to go before we sleep," she said. 

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205084756-1

"Thank you, dearest. Now... get dressed," Emily said. "sure. Casual clothes, or plate," Bore said. "You can wear that dreary black t-shirt for now. We will all need to talk before we go, better to not tempt fate by sitting around dressed for war in the local public house." "Sounds good. Let's go."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:04 am

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205084813-1

"Good morning, Bore. Your Highness." "Morning, Chloe," he said. "So... the Knights of the Lake return to Camelot today?" she said. "Minus Katie. She's returning to Lancaster to help upgrade it." "Likely not a bad idea for you as well." "Emily's way ahead of us both. She's been putting together an entire arms industy at an industrial park in Kent," Bore said. "Fascinating. And this will produce weapons you believe can hurt the outsiders?" "Hopefully..." "The current plan is to scale existing Camelot arms productions, magic armour, swords, knives and enchanted ammunition. If that is enough against the Outsiders themselves... I do not know," Emily said. "You sound like you've got alternative ideas, Chloe," he said. "Me? Hardly... I wouldn't know the first thing about weapon manufacturing. But maybe... you... know someone who does?" she said. "The pervert." "Even if we only limited it to perverts you know, that hardly shrinks the pool of candidates much. Present company excepted, of course." "No. The pervert. The Schwartalf Master Crafter. The little bastard knew about this," Bore said. "Likely. The Schwartalf are... old. They predate the Fae, and Elsewhere as we know it." "I need to go see him. Soon." "So you think he's quietly beavering away on weapons against the Outsiders for a millenia or more?" Chloe said. "Designs, certainly. Prototypes. Anything to stave the ennui for another couple of decades. Emily, how does that change your calculations?" "Not much, sadly. We will still need people. Machines. And most of all the magical raw materials that fuel the fabrication plants," she said. "So... back to gathering ingredients on the Paths?" "I fear the amount needed exceed a boutique brewing operation. But... having Schwartalf designs similar to Bella's harmonic resonance bolt, that might be a game changer. Demons and Necromancers are both fond of shields." As are Outsiders, according to Schwartzy. And who knows what else he has got planned. When do you need to know the design specifications?" he said. "Our lease was signed on Wednesday... right now Lord Anton is busy surveying the site, and seeing how we can get the production line up. We had drafted plans for this... we just thought we had more time before the Outsiders arrived," Emily said. "Sounds like Molly and I need to find our way back to Schwarz."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205085015-1

"Yes, Master!" she said. "Good morning, Molly. And just where did you come from?" Bore said. "Oh, I've been here a while. Just listening in... that's so cool, Master." "Glad you like it, Molly." "Even if it means we have to go back to that perverted goblin," she said. "I'm sure he wants you for your brain, Molly, not your body. If it makes any difference, I do want you for your body as well, Chosen." "Yes, Master!" "And with that..." he said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 am

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205085116-1

"Good morning, hun. Emily, dear, you look radiant. And you were... Molly, right? I love your outfit, very modern and fashionable," Jannice said. "Good morning, Mom. Chloe mentioned you were extending your stay in Edinburgh?" Bore said. "Yes, dear. With the terrible things happening in Mexico, well... A lot of flights have gone missing in the last few days, and not just in Mexico. Since my flight's been cancelled Chloe's invited me to stay a while, you know... wait for things to calm down." "That's probably for the best... if they cancelled your flight it wouldn't have been safe for you to be on it. Though I worry it may take a while for things to go back to... normal." "Don't worry, hun. It's nothing the US Army can't handle," she said. "Hopefully. Have you talked to Grandpa?" "He... well, you know how he can be. 'Always hope for the best, and prepare for the worst.' He and your Grandmother decided to spend some time out at the lakehouse, away from the crowds. I'm sure he and his old buddies will spend their time drinking beer on the jetty, sharing stories from back in the War." "I hope so," he said. "What happened in Mexico... is it part of this war you were talking about? Demons and Outsiders and everything?" "Yes. And I worry the American Army doesn't have the weapons they'll need. Not against an enemy like the Outsiders. But I think the Outsiders may be in for a surprise as well... humans change. Adapt. They might be powerful, but we've changed since Arthur's time."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205085210-1

"Speaking of which, Bore... I think you want to turn on the TV at this point. It might teach you something," Chloe said. "Oh?" "Yes, Master... the Voices agree. You need to see this," Molly said. "That can't be good. Could you turn it on for us, Molly?" Bore said. 'We have just received confirmation that the joint taskforce of US and Mexican soldiers have been unable to stop the advancing enemy, dubbed Anomaly Theta, before it reached Hermosillo.' "Anomaly Theta?" "Braaxath. The Destroyer of Hope. Or that was what the Assyrians called him, at least, when the city of Mardaman fell," X said. "So you know him?" Bore said. "I know of him. I have fought them before, remember. With Arthur, and before him. Braaxath wasn't there when Merlin and Arthur defeated the Outsiders." "Huh... might be useful." 'In the view of the exceptional circumstances, and after consultation with the temporary Mexican Goverment, the President has authorized a limited strategic strike targeted at Anomaly Theta. We have reports of multiple B2 Airplanes taking off from Whiteman Airforce base.' "That's... not good," Bore said. "What's happening, Master?" Molly said. "They're nuking Mexico. And the Mexican goverment... what's left of it... agrees it's a good idea. Military losses must have been catastrophic." 'Wait... there's a... development. I'm going to need to get that confirmed... It appears at least one of the bombers is having problems.' "I'm pretty sure I don't like the sound of that," he said. "The Outsiders aren't part of our world, Bore. They're not even part of our reality. Complex technology won't work properly around them," Chloe said. "Like my computer in Elsewhere." 'I... we have official word. All 3 bombers have been confirmed lost. We will be returning control to the studio.' "You can turn it off, Molly. Thanks." "Hun? What does that mean?" Jannice said. "It mean we're back to World War 2 tech. Or earlier," Bore said. "Likely earlier. Anything mechanical should be okay. Electronics would not," Chloe said. "No tanks, no planes. No radios you can rely on."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:31 am

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205085425-1

"Now they will need to rebuild their forces, my love. And they will need weapons to do it with," Emily said. "We need more than that. You... we... need to help... them... retool their own factories. The US has an arms industry the rest of the world can't match. It just needs to make the right weapons," Bore said. "How? Without Enchanters they cannot make enchanted weapons. Those are the only ones I know can deal with heavily shielded enemies. And how will you intend to convince them? Remember, magic is not real to them." "I think they're about to come to terms with magic in a hurry. As for Enchanters... I don't know. Maybe we can convince Enchanters to go there. Maybe we can sub-con it. Or maybe they make the guns, and we make the bullets. Somehow we need to make this work." "They are your people... I understand," she said. "No, Emily. You are my people. You and Elanora and the Knights of the Lake. But they are who I was raised to be. I can't let them fall." "I used to think your father left you in the magical backwaters of America for your own protection... I wonder if I was wrong? I fear a prince raised in Camelot or Tir na nÒg would have lacked the necessary understanding of a continent that abandoned magic. As well as any interest. It seems we are still dancing along to Merlin's tunes." "We need to get in touch with the American Ambassador. There's too many things happening they need to know about," he said. "Him. Or Barney. But I can try to reach out through our British Allies... maybe this time they will be able to communicate our relevance to their current calamity. Failing that, maybe someone will rid me of this troublesome Ambassador?" "Be nice, Emily." "I will try, dearest. Give me some time while I go make some phonecalls. I shall see you down by the portal," she said. "I'll come with you."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205210455-1

"What is it, husband?" Emily said. "You're upset. I don't know why, but if it's something I did..." Bore said. "It's not your fault, beloved. Just the frustration of changing from Elsewhere to the Old World. In Elsewhere Camelot is a known power, and the King in Exile respected. A world where distant Britain is largely ignored, and America forgotten... now..." "Now you're having to deal with people who treat you, and Camelot, and the Great Hunt, as fairytales." "We would likely ignore them, normally. They are blind. And largely irrelevant," she said. "Like me?" "No. Nver, my love. I just... I need to get used to treating the Americans as a country that matters." "And me as an American," he said. "You are not. You are the King of Camelot, and so of Camelot. But you were once American. And so I need to deal with your country, much though I would prefer not to." "We're not all like the Ambassador. You should meet my grandparents one day... you'd like them." "If they are anything like you, or your mother, I likely would. I shall try to keep an open mind, my love. For you, if nothing else," Emily said. "One day, Emily. Once all this craziness is over, we'll go visit. You'll enjoy Frostburgh... it's gorgeous out there. Beautiful moutains." "But first we have a world to save, my heart. Get dressed, we will be waiting downstairs." "Sure," Bore said.  

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:33 pm

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205210628-1

"This is moving faster than expected. I should call Val. There won't be cellphone coverage in Camelot. Let's see... what's the number... 0047... 99019042. Hopefully she's not on some battlefield harvesting Berserkers at the moment."

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205210656-1

"This is Val... who are you, and where did you get this number? The world is ending, and I'm kinda busy," she said. "I'm Torman's mistake from Edinburgh," he said. "Which of them? Though if this was Booker I doubt he'd call first. So. Bore. The fucking Winter King. Of course you'd show up when Ragnarök's getting started." "I was born for this, Val." "Whereas I could have happily waited another couple of hundred years. I assume this isn't a social call?" Val said. "I need someone to organize a meetup with Valhalla. And Torman seems to have forgotten to leave a number." "Probably for the best, only thing I'd trust that bastard to organize is a piss-up in a brewery. So... peace talks?" "Alliance talks. We must hang together, Val, or the Outsiders and the Cult will assure that we hang separately," Bore said. "An alliance between Camelot and Valhalla?" "And hopefully my Father's people, as well." "Your... father? I should have guessed it from the ears. The Fae. You've got to give Thor credit, when he decides to cock something up he does it properly. Who's daddy, then... Lugh? No, your colour's wrong. Cu Chulainn, probably," she said. "The Horned Lord." "The Oldest. Absolutely fabulous." "Just organize the event, Val. If Torman doesn't try anything, neither will I. At least until we've dealt with the Outsiders," he said. "Yes, yes... Will you be staying in Edinburgh?" "No, we're returning to Camelot. There is a war to plan." "Tell me about it. You'd think preparing for a thousand years would have made us good at this, but they're all running around like headless chickens. And now this. I'll find you in Camelot," she said "Thank you, Val. We shall meet again." "Sure, Bore. Now go away, I've got a lot to explain to the boss how we'll be playing host to half the gods in Europe. She is not going to be happy about this." "Have fun, Val. Goodbye," he said. 

Love of Magic: Book 2 The War 20240205210909-1

"Everyone's here, Master. Anything left to do, before we go?" Bella said. "No. We're ready," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down