Saturn Reads Tarot
Saturn Reads Tarot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Donate Here

Ads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Lurker's Lair

+2
Darkened Angel
Saturn Celeste
6 posters

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32

Go down

Lurker's Lair - Page 32 Empty Lurker's Lair

Post by Saturn Celeste Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

A long time tradition in the original Elder Scrolls forum kept alive by The Hall of Torque through the years.  Don't lurk, post! Very Happy

smells like a new forum lurk

Last edited by Saturn Celeste on Wed May 13, 2020 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saturn Celeste
Saturn Celeste
Admin

https://saturnreadstarot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lurker's Lair - Page 32 Empty Re: Lurker's Lair

Post by Amra Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:34 pm

I had a little scare with my PC. Last Sunday I turned it on, and when I was logging in it suddenly switched off, and it wouldn't boot again. Some time later it got as far as the mobo self-test when it switched off again. The next day I tried again, and it booted up only to switch off after a couple of minutes.

Naturally I thought it was a temperature problem, but after some reading I saw the advice to clear the CMOS and/or update the BIOS. So after getting hold of a USB-stick today and downloading the latest BIOS version, I did both. Actually things were already okay after clearing the CMOS, but I updated the BIOS anyway for good measure. And my PC is working again!  Very Happy At least for 15 minutes or so so far, so I guess it will hold. 

I don't mind being off my PC for a couple of days, I can still get online on my phone or my laptop from work, and if really need be I still have my old PC, but no games on any of those so I'm glad my new rig is back up again.

rebooted lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:44 pm

Bad week for allergies. Been rough for me every day so far.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:55 pm

My PC is having trouble again after a week of functioning normally, so I'm back on my old PC now until I get it sorted out somehow. I'm guessing the BIOS is messed up and I need to flash it again, I hope that solves it. If not, I'll have to spend some time troubleshooting the damn thing.  Rolling Eyes

messy PC lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:33 pm

I'm still dealing with seasonal crap. Had an epic nosebleed that really wrecked my day earlier in the week. I'm fine now as far that much is concerned, but allergy BS is still bad.

Really hoping we got a solid winter this time around.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Saturn Celeste Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:25 am

Amra wrote:My PC is having trouble again after a week of functioning normally, so I'm back on my old PC now until I get it sorted out somehow. I'm guessing the BIOS is messed up and I need to flash it again, I hope that solves it. If not, I'll have to spend some time troubleshooting the damn thing.  Rolling Eyes

messy PC lurk
I dream of the day I can get my big PC up and running.  I've been on a laptop and am limited on what I can do with it.

lurk

Last edited by Saturn Celeste on Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to lurk!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Saturn Celeste Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:27 am

Darkened Angel wrote:Really hoping we got a solid winter this time around.

* lurk *
We had a taste of cooler weather the past couple days and it's been wonderful to not have to run the air conditioner.  But windows are closed today and the air is back on.  I wish for a nice chilly winter!

lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:44 am

They're showing a few different Halloween movies than usual this year, so that's nice.

Unfortunately, they're not showing the Addams Family ones as much though.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:39 am

Things are really starting to get serious as we're slowly getting closer to the conclusion of Book 1 of 3:
Love of Magic (forumotion.com)

* War is coming lurk *

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:54 am

I've been watching a few Age of Empires 2 videos where the players are in whacky custom maps. Bird Nothing was amusing for its gimmick. For about half an hour, birds would fly around and explode into random resources and things on an otherwise empty map. So, players had no idea what would be where at any given time, and still had to find a way to build up their forces.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:25 pm

Another birthday's behind me. You blink and a year is gone. Next week we're having national elections and none of the contestants appeal to me. Oh joy.  Rolling Eyes

Carpe diem lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:41 pm

Yeah, I've been there before. Politics can be real nasty business sometimes, and when you see the candidates, you realize you're kinda screwed either way, then figure what's the point, etc.

That's why it's good to have hobbies to get your mind off crap. I'm looking into AoE 4 in the near future. I've seen some videos and stuff and I'm liking what I've found so far.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:55 am

Happy Holidays everyone! Much cheer to all!

Christmas tree lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:01 am

God Jul
Frohe Weihnachten
Joyeux Noel
Feliz Navidad
Hyvää Joula
Vrojlik Kerstfeest
Merry Christmas

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:02 pm

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:22 pm

Fallout lovers, check out the mod I posted about in the games section. It's scheduled for release in April.

* London town lurk *

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:36 pm

I was just going to post that, you beat me to it. It's amazing what they've done really, making a mod that's even bigger than the game it's based on. I'm sure it's better than whatever Bethesda itself are able to come up with lately. That also goes for those big Skyrim mods that are in the making right now, recreating Oblivion and Morrowind (Skyblivion and Skywind). Who needs Fallout V and TES VI anymore? Razz 

mods rule lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:31 pm

Yeah, there's also Beyond Bruma. It's part of a bigger mod project to create Cyrodiil but I believe the town of Bruma was released from the mod already. 
And of course we're still waiting for the conclusion of the Rigmor saga - Rigmor of Tamriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:09 pm

With the last several years and what all happened across the globe, I'm just assuming we're in another game crash and keeping my expectations low. Something really awesome still comes out every now and then, but most of everything I see nowadays isn't much. A lot is just modern remakes of older games with updated visuals, 2D side scrollers with more 3D models, etc.

That, and I just don't find a lot of them to be all that fun anymore. Could be a personal change of taste maybe. At least it means I get more time with what I've already got.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:52 am

It's high time for a first lurk of the new year. I've been obsessed with a game for the past two weeks, I already did all of the endings but it was also fun to watch others play it on YouTube. It's a visual novel called Love Is All Around, a dating sim you may have heard of, totally out of my normal gaming range but it fascinated me because it's Chinese. It has live people in it (so no cartoons or something), and it doesn't hurt that six of them are attractive girls that you're somehow dating with to determine which of them you'll end up living happily ever after with - or none of them! 

The translations from Mandarin are a bit off sometimes but that only contributes to the fun, because often you don't even know what you can expect after making a choice in the dialogues. Of course the main character (you) is a total loser who is skilled in painting but little else, with huge debts and totally dependent on the good will of the girls who are unexplicably attracted to him. So the plot is very unrealistic but who wants to play real life anyway? Anyway it's been well worth the ten bucks it cost. There's no nudity or even suggested sex in it, it's a Chinese game after all, but it doesn't really need it so try it out anyway!

emotional rollercoaster lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:15 pm

This winter's been really rough for me. We had some decent snow for a bit but even that wasn't enough to get rid of all the allergy crap going around. Between that and the shifting weather, I haven't been feeling too good pretty much for a whole month now.

Hopefully it'll be a little more stable soon.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:28 am

Spring is in sight now, with the occasional day or two of slightly higher temperatures and sunshine but nothing persistent yet. We have a seven or eight month season of autumn with the odd wintery break back in January where it just freezes a little for a few days, but mostly it's rain and wind or just all-around greyness all the time and I'm a bit tired of it. Anyway I hope you're all good and I'm looking forward to seeing more sunshine next month.

dreary lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:00 pm

Yeah, it's been a crappy winter here. I doubt spring will be much better, but here's hoping.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum