Saturn Reads Tarot
Saturn Reads Tarot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Donate Here

Ads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Lurker's Lair

+2
Darkened Angel
Saturn Celeste
6 posters

Page 17 of 32 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 32  Next

Go down

Lurker's Lair - Page 17 Empty Lurker's Lair

Post by Saturn Celeste Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

A long time tradition in the original Elder Scrolls forum kept alive by The Hall of Torque through the years.  Don't lurk, post! Very Happy

smells like a new forum lurk

Last edited by Saturn Celeste on Wed May 13, 2020 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saturn Celeste
Saturn Celeste
Admin

https://saturnreadstarot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lurker's Lair - Page 17 Empty Re: Lurker's Lair

Post by Darkened Angel Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:14 pm

Well, let's hope the owner doesn't do anything to screw us over then. Even if it's just the few of us that are left, I still see this as a sorta home online, and I'd hate to lose it because of something happening.

Still slow going with gaming stuff. I did, however, find out that it's possible to temporarily edit game info in Tic-80 games. Since people do their own code layouts though, it's like SL where scripting can be complicated because 2 different people will do the same thing their own way, but if you can find the right code lines, you can make particularly interesting edits. It's very helpful with some games that are just too hard to ever have any chance of beating or to get around balancing issues.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:01 pm

It's just the normal bullshit of them luring you into giving up more data than you want to give out so they can sell them to third parties etc. I've been on the internet for 25 years now so I'm pretty alert to this kind of stuff, and I guess it's the same for you guys so it's nothing that would really trip us up. I've had a couple of emails lately (not through here, I'm sure) that had a link they want you to click on with some scare tactic like you'll lose your bank account or something, but of course I can see the sender which is definitely not that bank. People should be taught basic internet skills so they don't click on stupid stuff like this, because it's like the Wild West out (t)here.

stupid and greedy is the worst combination lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:40 pm

Yeah, I've gotten so many scam emails in the past. I still get the odd one now and then. In fact, earlier I had a CVS one about winning something. Besides that, my non-existent WoW account has had like 15 " final warning " notices wanting me to prove its my account, a whole group of terminally ill, rich women in England personally selected me to handle their affairs, I've won a few international lotteries, one of which was causing the UN to go into an uproar because of some technical BS unless I claimed the winnings, and the FBI needed my help in an investigation where not complying meant prison and I'd have to pay my own way even if I did.

I must be the best supervillain of all time, because I'm causing all kinds of chaos without even trying.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:35 am

Actually those scam emails are a source of amusement if they're good, but most are so unimaginative that they're just boring. Let alone sending the exact same email from different addresses or something. If I'm not clicking on the first one, I'm certainly not falling for the next dozen. What are they thinking? Anyway I need to claim my free shopping spree now, and my future girlfriend from Ukraine is dying to meet me so see ya!

crime pays poorly lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:56 am

I've been having fun with Tic-80 games now that I know I can screw with the coding to effectively do cheat codes. It's still confusing at times because each person will do their coding differently, like how they name certain variables, which makes hunting down the specific line you need more complicated than it should be.

The simple stuff though is like, infinite lives and things like that. You just look for something like " lives-1 " and knock off the " -1 " part and test it. If it works, you'll have infinite lives because the code sees that when it should normally take one off, it just makes it what it already is, so nothing changes.

One game, I game myself more armor than any enemy could do damage against, and everything I bought gave gold instead of costing it. That's the only way I ever saw it through, because each round is random and you get so little that it's impossible to win normally.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Saturn Celeste Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:50 pm

Back in the day when we had to use Who's Who as a website owner (we get to turn it off now) but it had my physical address under my online name at the time, Moiraine Sedai.  I used to get snail mail addressed to Moiraine!

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:49 pm

Saturn Celeste wrote:Back in the day when we had to use Who's Who as a website owner (we get to turn it off now) but it had my physical address under my online name at the time, Moiraine Sedai.  I used to get snail mail addressed to Moiraine!
You mean actually physical spam? Wow. I just have a no-no sticker on my mailbox (no adverts - no free regional papers) that delivery people are legally obliged to respect, so I never get physical junk mail anymore. Mail with my name on it is allowed but I only get that a few times a week, with the odd personally addressed lottery recruitment drive thrown in which is useless because I know the odds. That sticker saves a lot of trees, that's for sure.

recycling lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:22 pm

There was an episode on a show that goes into how stuff is made, specifically about toilet paper.

This particular plant basically recycles junk mail that gets thrown away, reduces it to a pulp, and then uses that pulp to eventually become toilet paper. So, you're wiping your ass with junk mail nobody wanted.

A fitting end, IMO.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:41 pm

Darkened Angel wrote:There was an episode on a show that goes into how stuff is made, specifically about toilet paper.

This particular plant basically recycles junk mail that gets thrown away, reduces it to a pulp, and then uses that pulp to eventually become toilet paper. So, you're wiping your ass with junk mail nobody wanted.

A fitting end, IMO.

* lurk *
A lot better than cutting the cycle short and using the actual junk mail for that purpose. I'm sure the glossy ones are especially unsuitable.

sliding into the weekend lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:38 am

I've been having sleep issues all week. There's something going around here. I'm not the only one affected.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:14 pm

Mass Effect Legendary Edition has been out for a month or so, but I keep forgetting to put it on my Steam wishlist or even to have a look at it.

note to self-lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:25 pm

The 1st DLC for Age of Calamity is out now, but same problem. I've been busy every day lately because I got into some things that are pretty involved.

On the plus side, it means more stuff to do when I need a distraction.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:13 am

Well, I finally got around to buying Mass Effect Legendary Edition, it's downloading right now. And because it happens to be Summer Sales time on Steam it was 17% off. So yay! I paid for the same games twice! Razz This edition also includes all of the DLCs. Of course I'm most curious about how they changed the first instalment, since the original played and looked so clunky compared to the other two. I just hope they didn't introduce any funny stuff, I haven't read any reviews at all.

massively effective legendary lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:21 am

I've been joining weekly game nights with some friends that play a D&D game. The last session we had involved a pretty hilarious incident. One of the characters decided to investigate some noise the party heard in the woods, finding out it's a bunch of giant squirrels fighting over some fabrics that had been spilled there. The character in question attempted to approach and talk to them using some magic so they'd understand each other, but the squirrels saw it as someone trying to steal their fabrics.

The result was the character being chased away with an endless volley of incoming acorns and nuts.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Saturn Celeste Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:08 am

Darkened Angel wrote:The result was the character being chased away with an endless volley of incoming acorns and nuts.

* lurk *
Laughing   That is so funny!  My son and I are still playing MOTU Journey of Fate and East Texas University.  It's been so awesome!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:14 am

We had another crazy outing this last session. During a fight with some bandits, the other bard in the party managed to kill one with a sick burn. That same bard, however, also tried to perform a send-off music bit in a goblin tomb we came across, but did so badly the goblins came back to life, and suddenly our group of 5 is fighting an force of 30 goblin draugrs.

It gets even more ridiculous. Instead of fighting them there, we all run back outta the place, with 2 of the guys flanking the entrance and another throwing javelins down center as the draugrs shamble out, which they can only do 3 at a time because the entrance is too small for more, and we basically invented the game of whack-a-mole.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Saturn Celeste Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:15 am

Amra wrote:Well, I finally got around to buying Mass Effect Legendary Edition, it's downloading right now. And because it happens to be Summer Sales time on Steam it was 17% off. So yay! I paid for the same games twice! Razz This edition also includes all of the DLCs. Of course I'm most curious about how they changed the first instalment, since the original played and looked so clunky compared to the other two. I just hope they didn't introduce any funny stuff, I haven't read any reviews at all.

Do they have mods or save editors for this game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Saturn Celeste Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:17 am

Darkened Angel wrote:We had another crazy outing this last session.
Well, my son is teaching me basic D&D.  Not because it's called basic but because he wants to learn the system.  It will be good to ease me into Pathfinder when we get the Pathfinder/Savage Worlds books.  They might be in PDF now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:49 am

Saturn Celeste wrote:
Amra wrote:Well, I finally got around to buying Mass Effect Legendary Edition, it's downloading right now. And because it happens to be Summer Sales time on Steam it was 17% off. So yay! I paid for the same games twice! Razz This edition also includes all of the DLCs. Of course I'm most curious about how they changed the first instalment, since the original played and looked so clunky compared to the other two. I just hope they didn't introduce any funny stuff, I haven't read any reviews at all.

Do they have mods or save editors for this game?
It never occurred to me to look for them but it looks like they do. There are mods to restore Miranda's butt shots, for instance. As usual on Nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectlegendaryedition Exclamation

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:13 pm

Another crazy session this game night.

We basically recruited the gang of bandits into our own forces that we were otherwise gonna be fighting against at a site we're exploring for loot. We're outplaying the bandit leader at their own game.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Saturn Celeste Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:38 am

My son has the next 2 Saturdays off so he'll have 4 days home for 2 weeks.  We'll be working on all 3 of the games now.  I have some 'extra credit' writing to do for my characters.  Some you might recognize.  Freddie and Kingdom are back!  Freddie is a 16-year-old pirate and Kingdom is a college football player!

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:42 pm

I really hope the crap in the air goes away soon. I've been stopped up pretty much all the time for weeks now.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:03 am

Half my country is below sea level but the highest part has flooding. Go figure.

wet feet lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:16 am

Seems like the whole world's gone crazy, and I've seen it rain during a clear sky, twice.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Saturn Celeste Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:47 pm

Darkened Angel wrote:Seems like the whole world's gone crazy

* lurk *
Yes, the world has gone crazy! I agree!

Back to top Go down