Saturn Reads Tarot
Saturn Reads Tarot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Donate Here

Ads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Lurker's Lair

+2
Darkened Angel
Saturn Celeste
6 posters

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next

Go down

Lurker's Lair - Page 10 Empty Lurker's Lair

Post by Saturn Celeste Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

A long time tradition in the original Elder Scrolls forum kept alive by The Hall of Torque through the years.  Don't lurk, post! Very Happy

smells like a new forum lurk

Last edited by Saturn Celeste on Wed May 13, 2020 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Saturn Celeste
Saturn Celeste
Admin

https://saturnreadstarot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lurker's Lair - Page 10 Empty Re: Lurker's Lair

Post by Darkened Angel Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:24 am

Busy day. Event in GW2, plus harvest day in AC, and other things I need to do as well.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Saturn Celeste Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:31 pm

Amra wrote:One of these years I'm going to consider buying an a/c. Working in a heatwave wears you out, especially when it lasts more than a week.

32°C lurk
It’s impossible to live in Fla without a/c.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:31 pm

There's another round of whatever crap's in the air now. I've been stopped up pretty bad the past few days.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:24 am

Saturn Celeste wrote:It’s impossible to live in Fla without a/c.
Of course. Florida is at the same latitude as the Sahara. In my area we're not supposed to need a/c though, until recently it was a luxury but that's changing fast now.

thunder and lightning lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:11 am

Busy day.

I'm getting closer to the gold trophy in AC. My last HHA score was in the 130ks. I made the bedroom all mermaid themed. I have the entire set and all the variations of the clothes now.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:37 pm

Been fooling around with a new game. Check out my story corner if you'd like to se me play it and get one of the possible 17 endings:
https://saturnreadstarot.forumotion.com/t50-twists-of-my-life

* Twists of my game lurk *

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:59 pm

I've been making some progress in AC Odyssey lately. I cleared out Arcadia and now I'm off to the Olympics.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Saturn Celeste Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:19 pm

Darkened Angel wrote:Busy day.

I'm getting closer to the gold trophy in AC. My last HHA score was in the 130ks. I made the bedroom all mermaid themed. I have the entire set and all the variations of the clothes now.

* lurk *
Good job!  I completely overhauled my game last week (hence my absence) so I haven’t done anything with my houses.  The 3 extra profiles all have S ratings for the 3 add ons and Saturn’s house has been at 171,xxx points for a month.  My goal is to get to 175,xxx and once I get there I will try for 200, xxx.  I never count the last 3 numbers.  I will be taking many, many, many more screenshots again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:39 pm

I got 145k this last time. I've put down some rugs I got from Saharah, so hopefully that'll get me the gold trophy next time. After I get that last reward, I'm gonna just do what I like and not worry about ratings. I relocated the campsite and made a path through the sectioned off area of the island that I have a river going through. I plan on putting a bunch of flowers there later. Right now I'm just trying to make sure I have all of 'em. Still no luck on blue roses yet, but any day now.

In AC Odyssey, I mapped out Elis and I did a couple of sidequests. Once I finish the rest in the area, it'll be time for the Olympics.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Saturn Celeste Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:23 am

Darkened Angel wrote:I got 145k this last time. I've put down some rugs I got from Saharah, so hopefully that'll get me the gold trophy next time. After I get that last reward, I'm gonna just do what I like and not worry about ratings. I relocated the campsite and made a path through the sectioned off area of the island that I have a river going through. I plan on putting a bunch of flowers there later. Right now I'm just trying to make sure I have all of 'em. Still no luck on blue roses yet, but any day now.

In AC Odyssey, I mapped out Elis and I did a couple of sidequests. Once I finish the rest in the area, it'll be time for the Olympics.

* lurk *
You’ll get your gold trophy at 150,000 so you are very close!  I’m at that point with my lilies of the valley. The place where I put them is full so I am thinking to just leave them but they only appear on the south facing cliffs and I don’t have a lot of empty spots.  Right now I’ve been doing bugs because we lose so many of them at the end of the month.  Many butterflies and also some fish and underwater creatures.  I’m excited to see what fall brings!

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:03 pm

The new Flight Simulator looks amazing, but I haven't bought it yet. I would probably need to upgrade my PC for it to make it look that good, though. My PC is pretty old by now, over 8 years, with only its SSD and a bigger monitor being newer, so maybe I should do an overhaul anyway but I'm not in a hurry. Besides, I'm too busy with other stuff right now for which I don't need the extra oomph really.

private deliberations lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Saturn Celeste Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Amra wrote:The new Flight Simulator looks amazing, but I haven't bought it yet. I would probably need to upgrade my PC for it to make it look that good, though. My PC is pretty old by now, over 8 years, with only its SSD and a bigger monitor being newer, so maybe I should do an overhaul anyway but I'm not in a hurry. Besides, I'm too busy with other stuff right now for which I don't need the extra oomph really.

private deliberations lurk
My son works in a game store and the guys have all been talking about that game too.  Get a switch, they will be coming out with a new model soon I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:16 pm

For the past few days, I keep getting the system error with reading the cartridge. It's happened once every so often before but then everything's fine. It's never done it with this frequency though, so I'm starting to worry something might be wrong. When it happens, I just remove it, check for dust, etc. and then it works, but several days in a row?

I had to go to the doctor earlier in the morning and I'm so outta it from that. It was just to see how things are, but I also got a treatment next week coming up.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:26 am

Saturn Celeste wrote:Get a switch, they will be coming out with a new model soon I think.
I don't think I can hook up my joystick, throttle and pedals to it. Besides, anything that uses a controller as an input device is definitely a no-go for me, I'm absolutely terrrible with those things. My thumbs get locked up in about 15 minutes when I try, especially when things get hectic like with FIFA or Battlefront II or something, so I'll leave that to my nephew. I'm better off just investing in my PC again, I'll be looking at a new motherboard + processor + memory + graphics card, and possibly another SSD to expand my storage space. I'll just keep track of prices for a while because things have been quite crazy this year and we're not done yet.

future-proofing lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:16 am

Yeah, especially when some controllers aren't exactly designed with ergonomics in mind. I don't hold them properly either. I have my hands on top, rather than under, and use my fingers to hit all the buttons instead of my thumbs. It's just easier for me to hit everything that way, which works out great for times where you gotta hit odd combos of buttons at the same time.

Funny enough, AVGN is the reverse. He can't PC game for crap because he's awkward with keyboard controls. There was a video where he played a PC game and he ended up having his arms crossed around, so he was hitting the arrow keys with his left hand while hitting other keys with his right.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Saturn Celeste Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:34 am

Darkened Angel wrote:For the past few days, I keep getting the system error with reading the cartridge. It's happened once every so often before but then everything's fine. It's never done it with this frequency though, so I'm starting to worry something might be wrong. When it happens, I just remove it, check for dust, etc. and then it works, but several days in a row?

I had to go to the doctor earlier in the morning and I'm so outta it from that. It was just to see how things are, but I also got a treatment next week coming up.

* lurk *

What cartridge? Feel better soon DA!

Back to top Go down

Post by Saturn Celeste Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:35 am

Amra wrote:
Saturn Celeste wrote:Get a switch, they will be coming out with a new model soon I think.
I don't think I can hook up my joystick, throttle and pedals to it. Besides, anything that uses a controller as an input device is definitely a no-go for me, I'm absolutely terrrible with those things. My thumbs get locked up in about 15 minutes when I try, especially when things get hectic like with FIFA or Battlefront II or something, so I'll leave that to my nephew. I'm better off just investing in my PC again, I'll be looking at a new motherboard + processor + memory + graphics card, and possibly another SSD to expand my storage space. I'll just keep track of prices for a while because things have been quite crazy this year and we're not done yet.

future-proofing lurk
I hear ya, Amra. I did all that a little while ago. Loved playing the computer until one day I simply could not run any PC games. I miss it terribly but the switch has filled that need I had to play. Wink

busy lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:54 pm

It worked fine without any issues today, so that's hopefully a good sign. As well, the Able Sisters finally had tube tops in store, so now I've got all the variations of all 4 skimpy tops.

I also made a slight bit of progress in Odyssey. I only did one sidequest bit, but I took down a couple of cultists, mapped an area, and made some progress on the bow charging engraving. Spamming multishot in conquest battles is a good way to do it.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:37 am

Saturn Celeste wrote:Loved playing the computer until one day I simply could not run any PC games.
I can still run everything I currently have, the games in my libraries don't really need the speed or the graphical power. So I can afford to take it easy with the upgrade. My old rig has turned out to be very durable, going on to nine years for its core components which is quite amazing really. I never counted on more than five.

longevity lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:38 pm

That reminds me of the 386 we had. It was the family computer, then it became mine once we upgraded. It lasted for a long time, and was still in working condition when it was replaced. It just wasn't capable of running the stuff I wanted, and that's usually the reason I ever get a new system every so many years. I've had my current once since December of 2014, only ever needing to get a better graphics card so far.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amra Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:18 am

Darkened Angel wrote:It just wasn't capable of running the stuff I wanted, and that's usually the reason I ever get a new system every so many years.
Same reason I do it. The components hardly ever fail, I've only ever had two things break down in all those years since I first started using PC's and both were a long time ago. One was an old hard drive that broke down after I'd replaced it, I wanted to use it as a back-up disk in somebody else's second-hand computer but they ended up buying a cheap external one. And the other was an old CRT monitor that spectacularly went POOF when booting up (with smoke and all! I had to quickly pull the power plug to prevent it maybe catching on fire) and I bought my first flat-screen to replace it. That one still works but I replaced it because I needed/wanted a bigger one, which turned out to be very convenient since I've been working from home not long after I bought it and I require a large screen to do my work. I still have a bunch of old components that I could use to build a "new" PC from, maybe even two if I add another hard drive, but they wouldn't be able to run Windows 10, maybe Windows 7 at best so what's the point? They might work but nobody wants that old junk. Razz

nerdy lurk

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:04 am

Yeah, I've had some mishaps too, but thankfully they've been rare. As time goes on, I think they're made to last a lot longer, just that the whole need to upgrade because things keep getting more and more demanding on resources balances that out.

I got a treatment coming up on Monday. I dunno if my sleep's gonna be stable enough for it, and it might be a rough day if it isn't.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Saturn Celeste Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:55 am

Darkened Angel wrote:Yeah, I've had some mishaps too, but thankfully they've been rare. As time goes on, I think they're made to last a lot longer, just that the whole need to upgrade because things keep getting more and more demanding on resources balances that out.

I got a treatment coming up on Monday. I dunno if my sleep's gonna be stable enough for it, and it might be a rough day if it isn't.

* lurk *
How are you feeling now DA?

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkened Angel Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:03 am

Not good at all, but for a different reason. Saturday evening, we lost a close family member.

This year is just determined to be Hell on Earth, from the looks of it.

* lurk *
Darkened Angel
Darkened Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by Saturn Celeste Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:43 pm

Darkened Angel wrote:Not good at all, but for a different reason. Saturday evening, we lost a close family member.

This year is just determined to be Hell on Earth, from the looks of it.

* lurk *
Oh dear, DA. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It has been a really awful year! If you ever want to chat via PM, feel free. I love you, dear. I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum