Saturn Reads Tarot
Saturn Reads Tarot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Donate Here

Ads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 Empty Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:12 am

First topic message reminder :

This is a visual novel. The setting is an Arthurian legend taking place in our time. Meet the pantheon and mythology of several cultures mixed together - including the Norse, Celt, Aztec and Japanese.
The NSFW screenshots will be hidden behind a link and password. Don't have it, you can ask me  Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 1f609
You know the deal, click on images to enlarge, click on links and use password to view the naughty stuff.
And without further ado, let us begin the story

Bore's home in the United States

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220628003120-1

"Oh... I can't believe it, my little baby is all grown up and leaving me." "Look, I'm 21. And I'm just going to college for my graduate stidies, not running away to join the Foreign Legion," Bore said. "But... but... it's in another country. Surely there must be nice collegues here in America you could go to? Maybe here in Frostburg, so you could still live at home?" "You know I love you Mom. But I really want to go there, they've got some really interesting courses that aren't offered here in the US. And they did offer me a full scholarship." "Yes, and I'm very proud of you. I can't remember if you told me... what was it awarded for?" she said. "Oh, I won it playing poker." "Oh, you're such a joker. So much like your father, God bless his soul. He could always bring a smile to my face no matter how sad I felt." "Mom... please don't stat crying. The cab will be here in a few minutes," he said. "You're ll I've got left from your father. And now you're leaving me, too." "Mom, he died before I was born. I know he meant a lot to you, but you've got to think about yourself as well." "He was... he wa one of a kind," she said. "You know I'll always be there for you, Mom." "(sniff) Anyway. Remember to call my friend the moment you touch down in England, okay?" "I'm going to Scotland, Mom," Bore corrected his mother. "Same thing. About my friend... do you have her phone number? Do you even remember her name?" "Og course, Mom." "That's good. And don't forget your computer," she said. "Laptop, Mom. Don't worry, I'm just charging it, so I've got something to do on the flight." "It's really nice that even on the plane you'll be studying. Such a good boy." "I doubt I'll be working. Just playing games and relaxing on the long flight," he said. "Well that's good. Wouldn't want you studying too hard." " It's nice of your friend to help me get settled in. Where do you know her from?" "Oh, she's a friend from... back then. When your father was here. We all stayed on a ranch in Oregon. There was always such life and happiness, and we'd all... well... never mind, you don't need to worry your little head about that. Grown-up stuff. Anyway, Chloe's an old friend, and she agreed to help you get settled in Edinburgh. I'm so glad you'll have someone there with you," she said. "Oh, great, Mom's middle aged friend is supposed to be my minder. So much for freedom, welcome crazy cat lady," Bore whispered to himself. "(sniff) I can't believe you're leaving me." "Mom. I'll be back at the end of the school year. We can chat over Facial and everything." "I'm sorry, dear. Iyt's just... you remind me so much of your father. It breaks my heart to lose you too," she said.
Bore gave his mother a tight hug.
"I love you, Mom. I'll be fine, don't worry so much," he said. "Just... be careful, okay? Promise me. No drinking, or chasing girls, or gambling, or doing anything dangerous." "Of course, Mom. I'm an adult. I'm heading off to college. How would I have time to do these kinds of things?" "I love you. Call! Stay safe... come back to me... please," she said. "Bye Mom," Bore said.

Last edited by Wotan on Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 Empty Re: Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:26 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630111414-1

"Yeah? Well... originally. But then we decided we might as well acquire it," she said. "How on earth did you buy a pub, Molly? Did you take the corporate credit card while I wasn't looking, Chosen?" Bore said. "Wait, you've got one of those? Ooooh. I wonder what the spending limit on a God King's corporate card is like? But no, we kinda just, like, acquired it. You know?"
Bore sighed.
"Just how did you 'acquire' a pub in Camelot, Chosen?" he said. "Well, you see, we came here yesterday, before the pub opened. And there was, like, nobody around. So we looked everywhere for the owner," Molly said. "I bet." "And in the end we found this big locked door in the basement. And I ws just totally sure the owner was in there," Molly said.
Bore sighed again.
"But the door was locked, right?" he said. "Yeah. So Bella had to remove the door. And you'd never guess what we found the previous owner doing," Molly said. "A live sheep or a dead body?" "Good guess, Master. Anyway, the boy was mostly unharmed, so Bella removed the shackles and let him go. And I told the owner that I'd let him go, too, as long as he signed over the King's Dragon to me." "And did you? Let him go, I mean?" Bore said. "Of course I did, Master. I always keep my promises, you know." "Of course. Where did you stash the body, Bella?" "Not anywhere anyone's ever gonna find it, Master. That was one genuinely sick fucker, I wasnae gonna let him do the same to some other poor lad somewhere else," Bella said. "So. While I've been busy in bed, my Chosen has picked up a pub courtesy of a bit of extortion and murder, that's what you're saying?" Bore said. "Sorta, Master. But only from someone who really deserved it. You're not mad at me, are you, Master? He really did deserve it. And I'm pretty sure we're supposed to be here," Molly said. "How could I stay angry at the two of you. Let's just hope no relatives come looking for him." "I'm sure it'll be fine, Master. Anyway, we're both so happy you made it to our little pub. Welcome to the King's Dragon!" "The King's Dragon? Really, Molly? Do you happen to remember what happened to the previous King when he ran into a Dragon? Or the current one, for that matter?" he said. "Yeah... I'm like sorry, Master, but he won't let me change it." "Who's he?" "No need to be so fierce, Master, you know nobody will ever come between you and your Chosen. I was talking about the Dragon," she said. "The what?" "Like, up on the wall? Say hi." "Molly, if it turns out the rest of the Dragon is still alive and in the other room, I will be most upset with you," Bore said. "Of course not, Master. It's been dead for hundreds of years." "And yet it's still refusing to let you rename the pub?" "Yes, Master? Like, obviously," Molly said. "Chosen, in my experience, if the enemy is still talking at the end of the conversation, you didn't do a good enough job of killing it. "Like with Sarah, you mean? Oh, don't look at me like that, Master. We'll get her next time. And we'll make sure she stays dead. She threatened Emily, and my Sisters... nobody gets away with that." "Dragon, Chosen?" he said. "Oh. Right. Well, it's simple enough. The Soul of the Dragon is too big to just fade away. So it stuck around, even after Emily's grandfather decapitated it." "And so someone hung in on the wall of a pub?" "Waste not, want not, that's what Grandma always used to say. Of course, that was after she'd stopped doing ceremonial magic, so she had to be careful with how she used magic," she said. "Okay, so... it just randomly talks to people? Isn't that potentially bad for business? Having an undead Dragon say 'Hey, buddy... I think you've had enogh' has got to impact return visitors." "He doesn't really speak to most people. They all think it's a magic trick that he moves. But he speaks to the Voices, and they occassionally... you know... echo it back. It's kinda fun, actually." "Okay, just so I'm clear on this. My Chosen live in a pub with an undead dragon that talks to the Voices in her head? I guess that's normal in Camelot?" Bore said. "I don't know, Master. He's the only undead Dragon I've seen. So far. But he says he likes this place, and I like having him around. You wouldn't take that away from me, would you, Master?" "I love you too, Molly. So, we're stuck with the Dragon. What's his name?" "Name? I don't actually know, Master. I don't, like, think humns can actually pronounce Dragon names. Even if they've got one, they might not," Molly said. "So... I'll just call it the Dragon. Okay. It's not going to flame me, right? Because that's something I could do with not repeatingfor a while." "Of course not, Master. He doesn't have that much energy left. But he did say he'd defend the pub, as long as we respected him." "Well, that's one way to employ a bouncer, I guess," he said. "So I can keep him, Master? Pleaaaaase say yes." "He's not some puppy that followed you home, Molly. But yes, of course, you can keep him. As if I'd try to stop something both you and the Voices agree on." "Yay! We're like so happy you came here, Master! Welcome to our pub!" she said. "Thanks, Molly. I'm sure all of us will have a lot of great times here. Anyway, it's getting late, I should probably get back to the Castle. I'll see you guys later." "Any time, Master. For any thing..." "Later, Molly," he said. 

Back to top Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 Empty Re: Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:14 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630111725-1

"Ah. Your Highness. Let me be so forward as to welcome you to Camelot," he said. "Thanks, I'm sure. And who are you?" Bore said. "I'm Henry Archer, Sire. The Chamberlain." "Ah, yes. Emily mentioned you. Said you were the magician behind making the castle work." "It is hardly magic, Sire. Merely attention to detail, a focus on what is truly important," Henry said. "Well, I guess I'll be seeing you around." "On hopes not, Sire. A servant that is seen is largely failing his or her duty. Our lot is to ensure perfection is achieved without our Betteers ever noticing us." "Well..." Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630111751-1

"There you are, dearest. Oh, Sir Henry, what a pleasant surprise. I do hope our sudden arrival has not overturned the staff's work too much," Emily said. "Of course not, Your Highness. We are Yours to command. And with that, Your Highness. Sire. I really must be getting back to my rounds," Henry said. "Bye now," Bore said. 
"I recognize that look, my heart. Something about Sir Henry bothering you?" Emily said. "He is a shifty little fudge. If he was a snake I'd run him over twice, just to be sure," Bore said. "He is rather central to the Castle, dearest. If he truly offends you we shall replace him... but I fear any replacement would frustrate you just as much." "Because?" "Because keeping a Castle humming requires an anal-retentive monomaniac with a passion for office-politics. I fear I will never find someone like that who does not also set the teeth grinding on every Evoker in a ten mile radius," she said. "Then I guess I'll just have to deal with it." "Thank you, dearest. I know a lot of this is new to you. In time it will feel as familiar as Edinburgh. And having you here with me is certainly lightening my heart." "How's your day so far? Busy?" he said. "Terribly. Your little distraction this morning sent my carefully planned schedule flying into the nearest wastebasket." "I'm sorry." "I do not regret it, my heart. But it does mean that I have hours of meetings to attend to before I am done. Go to bed first, and do not wait up for me... I fear this will be a late day," Emily said. "Want me to come along?" "I doubt bringing my rather short-tempered Evoker husband into a meeting about floral decorations will do anything to speed it up. Unless you promise to set it o fire?" "I thought it was about porcelain?" Bore said. "That meeting is thankfully over. The sets will be in white and cobalt, with a gold trim, in case you were curious." "Surely you don't need to personally oversee all this?" "There are just a lot of little details that need to be sorted out in the transition of a ruler. And if I do not pay attention now, I do not deserve the right to complain about the implementation later," she said. "Duty, huh." "It is ever heavy, dearest. Even when it only consists of porcelain. Go to bed, I will try not to ake you up when I finally escape." "Okay, if you're sure. Good night, Emily," he said. "Good night, my heart. Dream some sweet dreams of me, and I shall be with you soon." "Will do."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630111901-1

"Well. That sucks. Seems all my little adventure this morning accomplished was to borrow happiness from the evening. Poor Emily. I suspect the best thing I can do for her is to avoid sticking my fingers in the gears of the machine. Unless the gears need a bit of stopping, of course. In which case I guess an Evoker comes in handy."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630111914-1

"Let's just have a shower and get ready. Maybe she'll make it back early? Worth hoping for. But I suspect she'll be stuck at some meeting with a floral arranger who desperately wants perfection and can't understand that the Queen has other responsibilities than picking the right shade of lilies."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630111925-1

"I'd much rather be out on the Paths, setting Minotaur Lords on fire. I should check up on Katie an Bella tomorrow, maybe they're free to roam a little. Get out of Emily's hair, let her focus on running the place. Which reminds me... tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I promised Mom we'd get back for Christmas. I wonder if I can convince Emily to come celebrate it in Edinburgh with me?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:05 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630111955-1

"Good morning, my love," she said. "I'm sorry, Emily. I didn't mean to wake you," Bore said. "It is time to get started, no distracting me this time." Damn." "One thing that came up yesterday. Matthew has finally returned to the Capital. He was requesting a meeting with us by the Round Table," Emily said. "Should we go together?" "Let me get tidied up and dressed first, dearest. I shall meet you there." "Okay. See you there," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630112048-1

"Welcome, Sire." "Hi, Matthew. Welcome back," Bore said. "It is strange to be here. I thought I had left this part of my life behind, forever," Matthew said. "Emily has drawn us all into her orbit." "Perhaps. Though I suspect you may be the center of that system, Your Highness." "Just call me Bore, Matthew. You knew me before this circus became a thing," he said. "I would prefer doing this properly, Sire. For both you sake and Her Highness'. You are no longer the bouncer of a pub in Edinburgh, a King stands above, and apart, from his people." "I didn't magically start shitting gold bars, Matthew. I'm still the same guy I always was." "And with your fiends, the Knights of the Lake, you can remain the person you always were. But a King plays a role. You are needlessly complicating Her Hinghness' job by pretending nothing has changed," Matthew said. "This is a pain in the ass." "As you say, Sire. I believe the Queen approaches." "How can you tell?" Bore said. "Her Spark is quite distinct, far more so now than before. It's rare to see a Power at this stage, after their true capacity awakens but before they habitually shield themselves from prying eyes." "How the hell do you guys see these things?" "Experience, Sire. And a far more modest power level of your own, Evokers trade control for power. You seem to have taken that concept to new heights," Matthew said. "Gee, thanks." 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630112129-1

"There you are, my heart. Greetings, lord Matthew. Welcome back," Emily said. "So, Matthew... you asked to see us?" Bore said. "I have returned, as Your Majesties requested, to take up my role as Swordmaster of Camelot again," Matthew said. "Good to have you, Matthew. How is the Brotherhood?" Bore said. "Fractured, Sire. Some died at Mitburgh, though relatively few by absolute numbers. Rather more disturbing are the rumours that many of the... darker... members of the Brotherhood are joining with the Cult." "The fucking Necromancers? You've got to be kidding me, Matthew." "By no means, as I said. But there was always a faction of the Brotherhood that was... angry. And the Cult is growing in power, far too quickly. They are making promises, and payments, that seem quite outlandish," Matthew said. " I'm starting to get sick and tired of the Cult. It may be time to follow in Merlin's footsteps and declare open war on them." "My heart?" Emily said. "Torman mentioned that Merlin wiped them out, once... at least in Western Europe. It may be time to exterminate the vermin once again," Bore said. "How do you intend to kill that which cannot die?" Matthew said. "With Sorcery and Seers, Matthew. That and fire. Lots of fire. Let me have a chat with Katie about it, I fear we'll be tangling with the Cult long before the Outsiders appear. I'd prefer the Cult was destroyed before we face their masters." "Yes, Your Highness." "What is it, Matthew?" Bore said. "You do not even realise you are doing it, do you?" "Doing what?" "Five minutes ago you were acting the quintessential country bumpkin, clearly uncomfortable at the trapping of the Court," Matthew said. "I still am, Matthew. This is Emily's world, I'm merely here for her." "And yet... without pausing you declare your intention to follow in Merlin's footsteps, doing what neither Gods nor men have manage since. And I believed you could do it. It's as if your will wrapped reality itself arounf you." "I was born for this war, Matthew. Not to pick porcelain patters or play word-games with the nobility. I was shaped as a weapon, against the Outsiders, and seemingly against the Cult. Winter is coming, Matthew... and I am the Winter King," Bore said. "Yes, Sire. My Sword is yours." "Let me hook up with Katie and my Chosen. We've got a war to plan. I'll see you later, Matthew." "We do, my heart. But not tonight," Emily said. "More meetings?" "No, my schedule has miraculously cleared up. But we do have a surprise for you." "What kind of surprise?" Bore said. "Hopefully one you will enjoy, dearest. The others are waiting at the King's Dragon, we should meet them soon." "Sounds intriguing. Let's head."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:30 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630112253-1

"There you are, Master. Welcome to our surprise Christmas Party!" Molly said. "Whose idea was this? Molly?" Bore said. "Nope, this was all Emily's idea. We just made it happen Turns out owning a bar is really handy for organizing surprise parties." "I'd imagine owning a castle works as well."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630112310-1

"A castle has no shortage of space, dearest. But it is also full of little mice with big ears, keeping a secret in a castle is far from trivial. And I did want this to be a surprise for you. After the havoc at Court, you deserve some time with just the Knights of the Lake," she said. "Thanks Emily," he said. "Anyway, Master, we closed the bar for other guests, ordered in some food, and Emily's opened her wine cellar to us. Your wine cellar, I should say," Molly said. "Sounds like we'll all be eating like kings," Bore said. "That would be the goal, my heart. And tomorrow I have another surprise for you," Emily said. "Is it lingerie?" "If it was I would hardly tell you, my love. But no, it is something else. The reason I have been trying to clear as much of the initial paperwork as possible. There is a special day, not too far away." "Your birthday, yes. Three more days," he said. "Amongst others. Have you found me a present?" "Not yet." "Oh dear... Now I feel quite sad," she said. "Don't worry, I'll find you something perfect." "I believe you, dearest." "What do we do now?" Bore said. "Eat. Drink. Spend some time with your followers. They uprooted themselves at a moment's notice to be here with you, always remember that loyalty is a two-way street." "And you?" "I shall do the same. Though this may be your Chosen's pub, we are still very much the hosts of this party. Now off with you, dearet," Emily said. "Sure."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630112419-1

"Yo, Bore. I mean Your Highness. Majesty? Shit, I don't actually know what I'm supposed to call you," Dylan said. "I'm still just Bore, Dylan. How's life at Court?" he said. "Busy as hell. Lord Anton's forgotten more about healing magic than any of my teachers ever knew. And the library, oh my god that library..." "Just a few books we threw together." "You haven't been. have you?" Dylan said. "Nope." "It's magnificent, Bore. Bigger than the University's library. And there's first editions of all the great texts. There's even hand-written books by Merlin. Nothing like this exists in our world." "This is our world now, Dylan. I'm the King and you're the Court Physician," Bore said. "Don't stress me out any more about that than I already am, Bore. I've had actual Physicians sniffing around my door. You can tell they're judging me." "I doubt they're judging you anywhere near as harshly as you yourself are." "Maybe not, but they're right to judge me. I'm a damned med-school drop-out pretending to be a doctor. Back home they'd put me in prison for that. Hell, I halfay wish they'd do it here," Dylan said. "I'm pretty sure the Queen would pardon you anyway. We trust you, there's not a lot of people I trust in this world. You're on that short list." "Low blow, Bore." "Learned it from Molly. What are you drinking?" Bore said. "One of the wines Emily brought, a 1945 Mouton Rothschild." "Any good? I'm sticking to the King's Dragon's tap for now. I might settle down with Katie to do some serious drinking later." "I despair for you, Bore. Your wife brings the finest wines from our world, and Tir na nÓg, and you're drinking whatever the tap beer here is?" Dylan said. "I'm a man of simple pleasures, Dylan. Give me a cold beer, Emily at my side, and the castle of my enemies burning behind me, and I'm a happy man. Besides, this beer's really good, I'm going to see if Molly can get us a few barrels for the Crowley." "You do that, and I'll drink your fancy wine for you. And yes, it's exceptional." "All good," Bore said. "Anyway, I'll just chill. I've got a roaring fire, an utterly fascinating book my old teachers would swear was lost forever, and my very own bottle of one of the finest wines ever made. I'm a happy man," Dylan said. "As long as you're happy, Dylan." "Always, Bore. Now go bother someone else, let me relax with this book." "Sounds good. See you later, Dylan," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:54 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630112520-1

"Mongrel," Kitsune said. "And a very merry Christmas to you, too, Foxy. I wanted to thank you, Foxy. For helping Emily, Molly and Akane. And Dylan. For keeping them all safe," Bore said. "It was my duty. And I failed. I was not strong enough, not fast enough. If you had not returned I would have failed my honour." "Undead thot necromancers can be a pain in the ass to deal with, don't beat yourself up over it. They're all safe, thanks to you." "I... have not treated you as you deserve. As honour commands, I humbly apologize for my actions," she said. "Yeah, we kinda got off on the wrong foot. What's your trouble with me, anyway?" "You are ignorant." "You really need to work on your apologation skills, Foxy," he said. "I do not mean it as an insult, Bore. You are ignorant of too many things. Of things that you should know. Things that are important for you to know." "Like what?" "What do you know of the Japanese pantheon?" Kitsune said. "Not much. You guys worship Hoori, right?" "The Kitsune clan swear fealty to Hoori. We do not worship him like some crazed kit, howling at the moon in the hopes that it will provide supper." "Okay..." Bore said. "The line between Elsewhere and your world is more blurred in Japan than here, both Gods and Demons have found a home there, much like you have found a home here in Elsewhere." "Makes sense." "Hoori's father was one of the first to do so, leaving the Sun Court in Elsewhere to live in your world. Many of the Creatures of Japanese Elsewhere came with him, such as my Grandmother. I was born there," she said. "Fascinating, but... how is any of this relevant?" "Bloodlines are everything, Mongrel. And your is an Abomination." "And here I thought my father was quite respected as gods go," he said. "Your Father should have known better than to recreate the Firstborn on his own, your mother is not the Mother, and without her you are a crippled creature. Blind, deaf, and dumb." "Don't make me blush. Who were these... firstborn?" "Amaterasu, Ruler of the Sun Court, is one. There are other around the world. The originators of Pantheons. And the Firstborn children of the Fther and Mother," Kitsune said. "Well, shit. Daddy's been busy, I guess." "Merlin's botched creation is no match for their majesty and might." "I take it the botched creation is me?" Bore said. "Yes. An Abomination, as I said." "Gee, thanks Foxy. So are we going to try to be civil about this, or are you going to get your tails singed?" "Of course, Mongrel," she said. "Starting with no more calling me mongrel." "Very well, Abo..." "Or Abomination. You may call me Bore, or boss or even Master. But I will have your respect as your war-leader, or I will have your tails for wall-hangings. Do we understand each other, Hakone no Kitsune? It's a simple question, Foxy, it is a yes or no answer," he said. "Yes. Very well, Bore-san. Though I will never call you Master." "I'll take whatever small victories I can get, Kitsune. Enjoy your drink." "I will... Bore-san," she said. "See you later, Kitsune," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630112727-1

"Hi, Master. Want to join us?" Molly said. "Gladly. How are you doing, ladies?" Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:34 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630112735-1

"Much better since you're here with us, Master," Molly said. "I meant the whole bartending thing. It's hard work, sometimes. I should know," Bore said. "Oh, it's fun, Master. The three of us together. Akane to manage the kitchen, Bella to handle security, and I handle the bar." "Are you enjoying working the bar, Molly?" "It's fun. Most customers are, like, super nice. And the one that tried to get handsy got a stern talking to by Bella. Didn't have any trouble after that," she said. "I can imagine, yeah." "You should, like, totally come visit us some day, Master." "I should, yeah," he said. "Anyway, kick back... talk to people, enjoy yourself. We'll be fine. For now." "I can totally see Bella being good at security. And it's a fun job." "Aye, Master. Only problem is remembering that the hostiles are supposed to be alive so they can come back tomorrow. Takes some un-learning, as it were," Bella said. "Yeah, no setting valued customers on fire. And watch out for Forest Pixies, they can be tricky," Bore said. "Will do, boss." "I didn't know you cooked, Akane." "There are quite a few things you don't know about me, Master. But that's fine, we'll have time to learn about each other. I often helped in the kitchen back at the Compound... it's a very traditional place," Akane said. "You sound ad about that," he said. "If I ever return, things will be different. It was once my home, and I was once next in line as its head. Now it is a place inhabited by strangers who fear you and, through you, me." "How was it growing up there?" "peaceful. The entire Compound is designed for harmony. Inner and outer peace so every ripple in the fabric can be sensed as clearly as possible," she said. "And here?" "It's like going from a Zen garden to a kindergarten, have you met Molly and Bella? There's never a quiet moment around those two. I have no idea where they get that much energy from." Sorry," Bore said. "Oh, don't be, Master. There's less peace, but a whole lot more fun, and I've found new sisters I love more than almost anyone else. And I'm here, close to you." "As long as you're happy." "Always, Master," Akane said.
They're interrupted by someone opening the door, a woman in fancy clothing chooses to ignore the closed sign. Bella quickly moves over to the door to intercept her.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630112900-1

"I'm sorry, Ma'am, this is a private function," Bella said.
The woman clearly has more indignation than sense, as she tries to push past Bella. She'd have as much luck pushing at the Giza Pyramid.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630112911-1

"No, Ma'am, you don't have a reservation. This is a private function. Please come back another day," Bella said.
The woman is now so angry she's almost shaking. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:39 am

"No, Karen... you really don't want to talk to my manager. Now go away before you hurt yourself," Bella said. "It almost looks like she's turning purple, doesn't it, Molly?" Bore said. "Let's Bella do her job, Master," she said. "Of course, Chosen." "I have no doubt that you were very good friends with the previous owner. Unfortunately, he's currently... indisposed. The King's Dragon is under new management," Bella said.
The woman turns venomous, hissing something at Bella.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630112955-1

"Of course you are welcome to take it up with the goverment. In fact, the King is just over there... want me to fetch him?" Bella said. "Hi," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630113015-1

"That would be that man who set nice Mr. Traitor on fire, yes. The name has been struck from the rolls, remember. In fact, I think he's coming over now," Bella said. "Everything okay, Bella?" he said. "Oh dear, she ran away. This whole customer service part of the job is so difficult." "I'm sure you do just fine, Chosen." "Thanks, boss. Shall we join the others for a drink? I need something to wash the taste of stale Karen out of my mouth," she said. "Sounds good."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630113045-1

"Hey, Bore. This is some seriously good booze yer wife brought along. Here, try this one... it's a Tir na nÒg.. something or other... brandy? Anyway, it'll put hair on your balls," Katie said. "Thanks, Your Grace. It is good to hear our humble establishment is to your liking," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630113054-1

"Feck off, Bore. I cannae take that stuff from ye as well. Gran nearly shat herself laughing when she learned I'd been made a Duchess. Ah'll never fecking live this down." "So you've been back to Bellanoch already?" "Aye, some of us dun stay in bed playin' like newlyweds all day. First up to the Glade, check out things. Then up to Bellanoch for supplies and manpower. Then back to the Glade. And, finally, here for the surprise party," she said. "How's your new digs?" "A fecking mess. Most of the extended Jerk clan were part of the BBQ at Mitburgh. A couple of remote cousins were busy tryin' ta steal the silverware when I showed up. Sent the litle fecks fleeing singed and with me boot up their asses." "Fun times," Bore said. "Aye. So, that left me with no nobles, a bunch of frightened village folk cowering from the scary Evoker, and no retainers. Ye dunnae do shit the easy way for me, do ye?" "To she to whom much is given, much is expected." "Aye? Well, next time dun give me quite that big a headache. Anyway, I went up to Bellanoch to do some recruitin'. The place is crawlig with Clan now, most of me cousins came down for at least a couple of weeks to help get the place ready," Katie said. "So your family's helping you out? You know Emily could have found some way to help you, if you needed it." "I was Clan before I was anythin'. Bore. And Clan stands with Clan. Though it's gonna cost a bloody fortune to feed 'em all, in addition to the Maclachlans there's supposed to be a full pack of Humes comin' down from Coldstream." "Is it really in that bad shape? I thought this was the Jerk... traitor... family seat," he said. "Nah, it's not that bad. There's been a bit o' lootin', but that stopped after Ah set some guy on fire for tryin' to ransack me new wine cellar. Mostly Lancaster Glade's a prosperous, peaceful, place." "So... why do you need a full pack of werewolves and a bunch of Clan bruisers?" "Cause it ain't gonna stay a peaceful place. Winter is coming, in case you forgot. And when it comes, it will find Lancaster Glade a fortified strongpoint," she said. "Indeed. I wanted to talk to you about that. I'm sick and tired of the Cult nipping at our heels." "The Thot's temporarily put out of action, she wun be back until she's gotten another backup set up and safe. An' little Akane gave one of their Seers the True death, the rest ain't gonna be all that keen to tangle with her after that." "Sure, but all that's temporary. Sooner or later they'll be back," Bore said. "Aye? That''s always the problem with the Cult, it's like playing whack-a-mole. Snag me another bottle of that brandy-thingy, would ye?" "I was thinking of being a little more... thorough." "Bore, the Cult Lords are paranoid about their backups. They'll be hidden and shielded in some vault in Zurich, or Milan, or in the deep Catacombes under Dresden or Rome. Ye dun know where they are, and if ye did, ye'd need a army to get to them," Katie said. "Pass me the bottle, this is dgood stuff. Hopefully, Emily won't mind the hairy balls. I don't think they can hide it from Akane and Molly. Not if the two of them start hunting for the backup." "Aye? So ye can find the backup. Ye're still not getting to them before they jump, Bore, ye cannae be in two places at once, and when ye pierce the Veil hiding them they'll be sure to know ye're coming." "I'm thinking two teams. You take one, I take the other. Once you hit the primary, I'll go after the backup. Akane should be able to pierce the Veil, and we can be on the ground anywhere in Western Europe in 45 minutes or so," he said. "And how do ye plan to do that? Flap yer wings like a bird?" "We could do that. But I thought of taking the private jet, instead." "The private what?" she said. "Turns out Camelot keeps a Cessna Citation X for the Royal Family's use up at the Kent International airport, with a little crowding we can fit two Fists in it. We'd be in the air before you hit the primary, and on the ground hunting the backup inside 45 minutes." "Yer talking invasion. By a foreign Head of State. Christ, Bore, ye cannae just gate-crash some random vault in Zurich, even if yer hunting necromancers. The Swiss will lose their shit." "They can take it up with me... and explain why they're aiding the enemies of humanity," he said. "They're bankers, Bore. It's not as if they ain't done worse before." "Winter is coming, Katie. And I suspect you'll find the rules for collaboration with the Cult will be changing. Damn, this is some smooth stuff." 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:52 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630113206-1

"There you are, my heart. Duches Maclachlan." "Oh, hi Emily. Would you like a glass of this brandy-thingy Katie and I are drinking?" Bore said. "I shall pas, dearest. I brought those bottles along especially for Katie and you. Maybe Bella," Emily said. "Why not?" "Those of us with merely mortal digestive systems should probably be careful of it. It's brewed in Tir na nÒg, last time it was served in Camelot we ended up fishing a Harvest Go, who shall remain anonymous, out of the central fountain." "It doesn't feel that strong. It's really nice." "Burns like acid, but 'this... 'this a good burn, ken?" Katie said. "Are you okay, Katie?" "Yer me bestest mate in the whole world, didya ken that Bore?" "And you're mine, Katie. This is weird, I don't feel that drunk, X?" he said. "Yes, boss?" X said. "Are you screwing with my matabolism?" "Just taking the worst edge off the drink, it's just like drinking normal brandy to you." "Seems a waste. And Katie?" Bore said. "It's designed to let a God get drunk, looks like it partially shuts down whatever self-healing trick you guys have." "So it's Moltovian Firebrandy for Gods? Damn, is Katie going to be okay?" "She'll have one hell of a hangover tomorrow, but she should be okay. Maybe it'll teach her about putting random things in her mouth," X said. "Hopefully not. Okay, thanks for the heads up, X." "And then, Princess, when ye find that person... that perfect, beautiful, person ye're meant to be with... ye grab him, okay? Dun ever let 'im go. Cause if ye do, some other girl's sure to take 'im," Katie said. "Katie?" "I know, Katie. And I intend to," Emily said. "I think you've probably had enough for tonight, Katie," Bore said. "Ah'll say when Ah've had enough, thankyouverymuch. Ye is not the boss of me!" Katie said. "Actually, if you look up the whole Duchess-King relationship..." "Hush, my love. Katie, dear, how are you feeling? Would you like to lie down for a rest?" Emily said. "Come, let's get her to her room," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630113330-1

"Dun wanna go... all me mates are here. But Ah'll... just lie down, rest me eyes," Katie said. "Bella, can you make sure she gets put to bed later?" Bore said. "Sure, boss. That's actually quite impressive. I ain't seen her this drunk since she was thirteen," Bella said. "Blame the fairies spiking her drink," he said. "Dearests? It is getting a little late, and we both need to be up early tomorrow," Emily said. "Of course. Bella, you sort out Her Grace. Molly, thank you for the hospitality. I'll see all of you guys soon. Katie?" "It ain't me fault, mom... the cat had it coming," she said. "Okay, Katie's out for the night. Have a Merry Xmas, everyone, and I'll see you soon," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630113407-1

"Goodbye, Master. Take good care of him, Emily," Molly said. "She will. Ready to go, love?" Bore said. "Indeed. Lead the way," Emily said. "That was fun." 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:42 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630113421-1

"Poor Katie. I never realized it would hit her so hard," Emily said. "Oh, she did more or less exactly the same thing to me, first day at the University. She'll get over it," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630113438-1

"Did you enjoy yourself, dearest?" she said. "It was great. Amazing food, amazing drinks, and amazing company," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630113450-1

"Okay, time to go to bed," Emily said. "Oh yes," Bore said. "Let me grab a quick shower, then sleep. We have things to do, tomorrow." "Okay. That was fun. I wonder what the plans are for tomorrow?" he thought.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630113517-1

"Ready to sleep, my heart?" she said. "Is there nothing else available?" he said. "You are insatiable, my love. But not tonight." "Tomorrow?" "Tomorrow is another day, dearest. Sleep well," she said. "Good night," Emily.
"Rise and shine, husband. How are you feeling?" Emily said. "Likely a whole lot better than Katie. What's our plan for today?" Bore said. "What day is it today, dearest?" "It's... wait, it's Christmas Day. Is that even a thing in Camelot? I can't remember seeing any decorations or Christmas Trees." "Hardly. But it is a thing for your mother," she said. "It's okay, she'll forgive me for missing it once she realizes what we're doing." "Mothers always forgive their sons, dearest. They forgive their daughter-in-laws somewhat less easily. But, more importantly, she is celebrating it all alone in a foreign city. So the two of us will go to her." "Don't you have a bunch of meetings about porcelain and other Royal stuff to attend to?" he said. "Most of it is done. For now. The boulder keeps ever rolling back down the hill. But I have enough time that the two of us can take a few days off. Christmas Day with your mother, and then I have made a reservation with the Khukuri for my birthday. It may not be the fanciest restaurant in Edinburgh, but it is dear to my hear," Emily said. "So until the 27th?" "I will need to be back here by the 28th afternoon, we can spend my birtday together, pretending to be nothing but young students in love. Then I return to Camelot." "I'll come along."

https://ibb.co/Qj8PMf1

"Time is running out, dearest. Your days in Edinburgh are nearly numbered, if there is anything left undone I would advise you to complete it soon," Emily said. "What do you mean?" Bore said." "Surely you did not believe the King in Exile could spend his nights bouncing drunken mountain trolls out of an Edinburgh pub?" "I guess not..." "If you have things left undone in Edinburgh, I would advise you to spend some time doing them," she said. "So you're ditching me in Edinburgh?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:04 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630113637-1

"Please, do not pout, dearest... it is not good for you. I shall be back for... what did Bella call it? Hogmanay. New Year's Eve. Bella and Katie have invited us all for a New Years Party at their gym, our last flirtation with being normal students before we both take up our Crowns," Emily said. "Okay, on one condition," Bore said. "Which is, dearest?" "You're taking Bella as a bodyguard. I don't want to lose you again." "I... very well," she said. "Is she coming with us?" "She is, yes. I believe the rest of them are joining us in Edinburgh tomorrow. Like you, they have the last strings of their old life to tidy up." "Sounds good. I should probably get dressed," he said. "Unless you intend to wander the streets of Camelot in your birthday suit, that would probably be a good idea."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630113713-1

"You'd think they were used to this by now," Bore said. "Hardly. My Father rarely dressed for War, it was not a role he treasured, though he had the abilities for it. And most of them have never seen me geared in full armour, my training was usualy with the Knights and guards," Emily said. "They're lookinging like a pack of Chihuahuas who suddenly woke up to the reality their new rulers are wolves."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630113726-1

"Be nice, dearest. Lord Chamberlain, to what do I owe the pleasure?" she said. "Wassup, Henry?" "Your Highness, may I inquire where you are going?" Henry said. "Back to Edinburgh to celebrate Christmas and Emily's birthday," Bore said. "But your Highness... I... we have been planning public festivities for your Birthday. A substantial number of important Nobles have reached out about attending and being presented to You... and your consort." "My husband, Lord Henry. He is my King, and yours... not a mere consort. As for the Nobles, I have already informd the Council of Nobles that my husband and I will receive them in the Great Hall on the first of January. A new year, and hopefully an improved working relationship between the Crown and the Council," Emily said. "Or else," Bore muttered. "And for my loyal Lords, I have already had the meetings I require. I know the Nobles you refer to, mostly they are the ones whose luck, or indecision prevented them from being at Mitburgh. I certainly intend to keep track of them, though not to the extent of ruining my birthday to meet them," she said. "And with that, Henry, we're off. Miles to walk before we sleep and all that." "Very well, Your Highness. We shall await you back on the 28th," Henry said. "Later," Bore said. 
"You really need to learn to hide your feelings, dearest. People will use them against you," Emily said. "Seems a high risk sport, considerering what happened to the last bunch who pissed me off," Bore said. "A bul is easily guided, my heart. Do remember that." "You can do the ruling, and I'll just do the smiting."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:11 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630113836-1

"You are the King, my heart. I will not rule in your place," Emily said. "And you are the Queen, we are equals. But you will have a nation to govern. And I will have a war to prosecute. Against the Cult, first, then later against the Outsiders," Bore said. "Very well. Though do not think that absolves you from all your duties." "Oh, look... there's Bella!"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630113850-1

"Morning, Master. Emily invited me along," Bella said. "Perfect timing, Chosen. Let's go," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630113929-1

"Some might say you are born for this," Emily said. "Very funny. Bella, I'll be staying behind in Edinburgh until the New Year's Eve Party... Emily is expected back in Camelot for a couple of days," Bore said. "Want me to tag along as a bodyguard?" Bella said. "Yeah. You're smart enough to spot trouble and strong enough to handle pretty much anything that can keep up with the two of you. Keep her safe, Chosen... if anything happens, don't hesitate to draw from me."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630113942-1

"Will do, boss," Bella said. "What are your plans when we rach Edinburgh?" Bore said. "I've got family in town, likely we'll meet up, get shitfaced and have fun. Beyond that... Katie and my sisters arrive tomorrow morning. Let us know if ye wanna do a run of Elsewhere, for old times sake. Scare the bejesus out of the local Defilers." "Will do," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630113956-1

"And we have arrived, Master. Thank you for flying Chosen Airlines. Elsewhere's most reliable Airline... where more than 90% of our trips are Necromancer free," she said. "You've been hanging around with molly too much, Bella," Bore said. "Thank you for the company, Sir Bella. It is always a pleasure to see you," Emily said. "Indeed. Let's go see where Mom and Chloe have gone," he said. "You do that, Master. Have a Merry Christmas, and I'll see you guys on the 28th, if not before," Bella said. "See you, Bella."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:37 am

"And we are back. In Edinburgh. Shall we find Chloe and your Mother?" Emily said. "Sure."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630114048-1

"Oh... my..." Emily said. "On second thought, maybe we should get changed first," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630114101-1

"There you are, Bore. I was beginning to despair at you ever making it back in time for the Christmas Dinner," Chloe said. "Morning, Chloe. Merry Christmas. Hi, Mom," he said. "Oh... darn. Welcome back, hun. Emily..." Jannice said. "Never mind us, we're just going to go up and get changed. Maybe have a shower, check email. We'll be back down in an hour or so," he said. "Really, hun, this isn't what it looks like," Jannice said. "Of course it isn't, Mom. We'll see you guys later. After you, Emily."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630114137-1

"Really... your Mother? And Chloe? Poor dear, she must be mortified," Emily said. "Just renewing old friendships, I guess. It's no worse that that time I was sixteen, when she walked in on me and..." Bore said. "And what, dearest? Or should that be whom?" "Never mind, not important." "If you say so, dear. I should have a shower and get dressed before the Christmas Dinner," she said. "Sounds good. I'll check my email, I've been away for too long." "Do change out of the Armour first, dearest. It may be somewhat appropriate formal wear at Court... it will not be at your Mother's dining table." "Will do," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630114226-1

"That's really weird. I haven't ordered anything. I should check with Chloe when I've got some spare time. Let's get changed for now."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630114244-1

"I wonder what that parcel is? And I wonder if Mom will be able to look me in the eyes tonight. Sweet, swett revenge for the time I was 14 and she walked in on me enjoying some private web time while wearing nothing but a box of kleenex and some body lotion."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:22 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630114256-1

"What are you muttering about, husband?" Emily said. "Oh, nothing... nothing at all," Bore said. "If you say so, dearest." "I most certainly do."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630114312-1

"That t-shirt again? I really do need to spend some time putting together a new wardrobe for you," she said. "Any colour, as long as it's black," he said. "We shall see, my heart. Ready to brave the downstairs?" "Of course."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630114335-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630114343-1

"Evening, hun," Jannice said. "Evening, Mom. What's for dinner?" Bore said. "I was looking for a turkey, but those seem all sold out. The nice lady at the shop convinced me to buy some local delicacy, a savory pudding of sorts... haggis, I believe it's called. I'm sure it will be delightful." "Haggis?" "When in Rome... eas as the Romans. I'm sure it will taste wondeful," Jannice said. "If you say so. Let's eat," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630114421-1

"That was delicious, Jannice. Thank you ever so much," Emily said. "A royal feast, indeed," Bore muttered. "I found it quite tasty, actually. Not quite as good as the Lutefisk your grandfather always makes for Christmas, but still really nice," Jannice said. "Don't remind me, that was the worst Christmas dinner ever. Whoever thought of serving dried cod marinated in lye needs to have his head examined." "So. What do you intend to do now, Bore?" Chloe said. "Emily goes back home on the 28th. I'll likely join her in the New Year," he said. "That's nice, hun. I'll likely be flying back home on the third. There were no flights available before that," Jannice said. "I was hoping you'd be here until the wedding." "I do have a clinic to return to, Bore. When is the wedding planned for?" Jannice said. "We... well, we haven't actually set a date. Emily?" he said. "14th February, dearest. These things need to be planned ahead of time," she said. "Oh. Well, Mom... you'll make it back for that, right?" "I'll try, hun. But these trans-Atlantic flights aren't cheap," Jannice said. "We'll buy the ticket, Mom." "Don't be silly, the two of you are just starting out together, I can't have you pay for my plane ticket." "We'll be fine, Mom... trust me. We're quite well-off now that Emily's family problems have gone up in smoke," Bore said. "We'll see, hun. I'd love to, but it's a long way... even for something as important as a wedding." "Well, keep it in mind, at least. It would mean a lot to both of us that you're there." "Wwould you join me for a walk, husband?" Emily said. "Sure. Where to?" he said. "I thought we could return to Arthur's Seat. I love the view there." "Sounds fun. I'll see you guys later." "See you later, Bore," Chloe said. "Let's go," he said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:18 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630114550-1

"I shal miss this city and our ability to just be anonymous in a crowd that does not know who we are," Emily said. "Nothing stopping us from running away from time to time. Steal a date night at the Khukuri or walk through the city," Bore said. "I would like that, I think." "Me too."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630114606-1

"I love watching the sunset here," she said. "I'm sure it'll be a great place to watch the fireworks as well. For Hogmanay," he said. "Would you believe, I have never watched fireworks before? They are never used in Elsewhere... too many things might be tempted to come see what is making such a racket. "Then it's a plan... we'll watch the midnight fireworks here on New Year's Eve."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630114620-1

"I shall look forward to it, dearest," Emily said. "Time to go home?" Bore said. "Soon, my heart. I have something for you. A Christmas gift." "You didn't need to, you know." "You have given me so many things, it is only fair I give you something special back. And this will hopefully keep you safe, even when I am not at your side," she said. "What is it?" "It is a gem. A very special gem, a wedding gift to my great grandmother. It was part of her crown, but I removed it for you. A True Flawless shield Gem, may it keep you safe in the war to come." "You dismantled Guinevere's crown for me?" he said. "She does not need it anymore... and I desperately need you to return to me safely. If I could, I would shield you myself... but I fear I will not always be at your side. Especially as Elanora grows." "Yeah, I wouldn't want you to risk anything."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630114710-1

"So... if I am to watch you rush out into danger without me... at least I know you are as protected as you can be. Stay safe, my love. Come back to me. To us," Emily said. "Always," Bore said. "I am getting a little cold, dearest. Shall we return home?" "Of course." "Hopefully we will not disturn Chloe and your mother this time," she said. "If they wanted privacy they should have put a sock on the doorknob." "What would a sock do?" "Oh, it's a college thing in the US. Putting a sock on the doorknob lets your room-mate know that you're... busy," he said. "And so everyone will know that you are having sex? That seems a strange thing to share with the world. It must be mortifying for the poor girl, leaving the room with everyone knowing what she has been doing." "Well, it's called the Walk of Shame for a reason." "And this is something you have done?" Emily said. "I went to Frostburgh State, not far from our house, so I never lived in the dorms. But I'd visit friends there and you'd see the socks and hear the noise. Not a lot of sound proofing in the cheap dorm rooms," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630115013-1

"Well, thankfully we avoided that fate," she said. "We did, however, manage to get pregnant before the end of first semester. I'm pretty sure it's on the 'do not do' list," he said. "Even more so by the standards of Camelot royalty, yes. You have been a terrible influence on the, dearest." "And you have been an amazing influence on me, love."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:34 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630115028-1

"There you are, Bore. Hope the two of you had a nice walk," Chloe said. "More or less walked off the haggis, yeah. That was a terrile thing to do to me, Chloe," he said. "I always found it pleasant. And your mother seemed to enjoy it." "she's from Minnesota, she's always enjoyed eating weird stuff." "The pub is closed for tonight, but if you're wanting to help tomorrow I'd be grateful," she said. "Will keep that in mind. Good night, Chloe." "Good night, Bore. Emily." "See you later," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630115053-1

"I will get cleaned up first," Emily said. "See you in bed," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630115122-1

"We really need to get a bigger bed. Good night, Emily."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630115146-1

"I guess it's time to wake up. I'll just let Emily sleep in this morning, it was a late night last night. I guess I don't need as much sleep as before. I pretty much always wake up refreshed. Side effect of being an Evoker or a god? Let's see if there's any coffee downstairs."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630115158-1

"Good morning, Bore. Slept well?" she said. "As these things go. So... you and Mom?" he said. "Sometimes you meet an old friend and it feels like the years between never happend. Now all we need is your father. Or a... suitable... replacement." "You've been sniffing around my computer again, haven't you? I thought for sure I put a password on it." "It's adorable how you think a password would stop a Sorceress. Emily looks hot in those pictures, by the way," she said. "The digital age must have been good for you, Chloe." "Some things are still protected by stronger measures than mere passcodes. But where there's a will, there's a way." "I have faith in you, Chloe. By the way, did I get some kind of delivery while I was gone?" Bore said. "Ah, yes... the PonyExpress parcel? Let me see... there you go." "Thanks." "Go on, open it," Chloe said. "Haven't you ever heard of pravacy, Chloe? Curiosity killed the cat, after all." "Ignorance killed the cat, Bore Curiosity was framed. Now go on, let's see who it's from." "Let's see. 'Once upon a time I made a ring for the first woman I ever loved, a symbol of our eterlal connection. As my last child, I now give it to you. May you share the bonds of love, share that connection, and find happiness as I found it,'" Bore said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:57 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630115257-1

"Everything okay, Chloe?" Bore said. "Maybe ignorance would have been preferable, after all," she said. "Why?" "Just old memories, Bore. It's a pretty bauble. I take it you haven't given Emily a ring yet?" "Err..." "The girl marries you on your death-bed, making you both a god and a king, and you still haven't gotten her a ring? Bore, if it wasn't for your divine destiny you would have been doomed to die a virgin," Chloe said. "Hey, I managed quite well before coming to Edinburgh, I'll have you know." "I'm sure you did. Emily's birthday is coming up, it would make her a fine present." "Is it magical? If so... what kind of magic?" he said. "I'm the wrong person to ask. Your Father leaves magic in everything he touches. If he crafted something with intent you can be certain it's imbued, somehow. How... that I do not know. But I doubt it is meant to harm you or Emily. Even so, it might be worth asking Lord Anton to take a look." "Likely so."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630115344-1

"Good morning, my heart. Lady Sorceress," she said. "Good morning, Emily," Bore said. "What are the two of you discussing?" "Nothing. A surprise, that's all. It is the season for surprises, after all." "So you tell me, dearest," Emily said. "What's your plan for today?" "We have today and tomorrow before I return to Calemot. If you have anything you would like us to do together here in Edinburgh, like scouting the Paths of Elsewhere, now would be the time. If not we can just relax, have a coffee, or go training." "Like in the beginning, two students with not a care in the world," he said. "Except worrying about homework and exams." "Some of the homework was quite... rewarding." "I am quite certain you think so, dearest lecher. And it ended up quite productive, though perhaps not merely in ways we had anticipated," she said. "I regret nothing." "Me neither, my love. Now... we have our two last days together here in Edinburgh. Then Camelot awaits." "Porcelain," Bore said. "And intransient noble. I personally prefer the porcelain." "I thought the rest of them were the loyal ones." "The loyal, the disinterested, and the slow. But even our loyal Nobles are prickly about their honour and ancient rights... some of them will fight us over the reforms we will enact. Camelot will gird itself for war. Our days of slow decline into irrelevance are over... for better, or worse," Emily said. " "For better. I'm certain of that. But that can wait until next year... for now, let's enjoy our last days of freedom." "Lead the way, husband." "Let's go," he said. 

December 27th...

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630130839-1

"Welcome home, Bore. Are the two of you planning to help out with the pub tonight?" Chloe said. "Just here to get dressed, it's Emily's birthday, so we're doing a nice dinner," he said. "I shall see you upstairs, my heart. I still need to prepare and change," Emily said. "I'll be right up, Emily." "That's nice, Bore. Don't forget the ring," Chloe said. "Indeed."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630130913-1

"Let's see. I should really dress up for this. And I suspect full plate isn't a suitable outfit for an Edinburgh restaurant. Thankfully the suit Molly gave me is around here, somewhere."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:43 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630130932-1

"I just hope it's still somewhat clean. It smells okay. It smells very nice, actually... I wonder if someone's gotten it drycleaned for me? Would be the kind of thing Molly would do without telling me."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630130940-1

"It may be a monkey suit, but I'll tolerate it for today. Tomorrow... I start my master-plan to make slacks and a black t-shirt appropriate formal wear in Camelot."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630130948-1

"You may find that your greatest challenge yet, dearest. Though I will try to nudge fashion at least as far as letting you wear something you're comfortable in," Emily said. "I'll take that fight," Bore said. "Though I approve of that outfit. Wherever did you find it?" "Molly bought it. Well, acquired it, at least. For Akane's Chosen ceremony." "You look quite handsome. Maybe I should enlist her to help me redesign your wadrobe," she said. "Don't you dare." "Are you ready? We shall be late for our reservation." "Sure," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630131013-1

"Enjoy dinner, Bore. Emily. Do take care," she said. "Thanks Chloe," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630131023-1

"Our last date, at least for now. I wanted it to mirror our first... a beautiful dinner, a wonderful conversation..." Emily said. "Maybe a kiss?" Bore said. "Perhaps? Who knows, if you are ever so good you may receive both a kiss... and more." "But my Lady, I thought you could only give your hand to an incognito king from a distant realm, not a mere penniless Evoker."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630131049-1

"Then is it not good that you are a king... travelling through Edinburgh incognito, destined to return to your Kingdom in a distant, magical, realm?" Emily said. "None of that would have happened without you," Bore said. "And none of what I have would have been possible without you, my heart. I... looking back, I was foolish. Naive. I thought my Father's machinations could prop up the Court. I was wrong, it ws already rotten to the core." "With the Cult, yeah. And the scheming Nobles."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:15 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630131105-1

"Fire was needed to cleanse the rot. Fire like you unleashed at Mitburgh. And even now I fear there are factions we have not extinguished. Nobles whose loyalty is suspect," she said. "We'll deal with it, Emily. But for now..." Bore said. "For now... we shall focus on our dinner. And our time together." "What do you want to order?" "I know you enjoyed the lamb last time we are here, so I took the liberty og making an order for Lamb Pakku, it's a wonderful dish, but to make it properly they need a day's warning. I also had a bottle of wine brought over from the Embassy... their wine cellas is not the equal of their kitchen," Emily said. "Then we shall eat like royalty today." "Or like innocent students on our first date. Cheers, my heart. To you. And us." "To us," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630131152-1

"That was wonderful. Waiter, please give the chef our compliments on a meal extremely well prepared," Emily said. "And a toast to excellent company," Bore said. "What is it, dearest husband?" "Emily..." "You look like you have something to say, dearest," she said. "I have something for you, Emily. Something quite overdue. I wanted to give you this wedding ring." "It's gorgeous. Thank you, ever so much," she said. "I should have thought of this earlier. I love you, Emily. I wanted to thank you for being my wife."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630131203-1

"I would never want another. What a gorgeous ring... and it appears to hold some enchantment, though I cannot... quite... puzzle it out. Wherever did you acquire it?" she said. "It's an old ring. My father gave it to me as a gift to you. Which reminds me, Chloe said it's probably not harmful, but you should let Lord Anton check it out, just in case," he said. "There are things you tell a girl before she puts the ring on her finger, dear." "Sorry?" "Though in this case... there is no harm here. I recognise many of the spells, though I have never seen them overlapping and interweaving like this. Spells of blessings, and health, for shielding, and for strengthening. A masterwork far, far beyond anything I have seen before," Emily said. "He said it was made for the first woman he loved and that he now gave it to his last child... hoping we would be blessed by the same happiness he had known."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630131236-1

"You sound sad, my love...?" Emily said. "Looking at what he wrote... I don't think he plans to stick around much longer. I think he knows that either the ennui, or the Outsiders, will finish him soon," Bore said. "You cannot know for certain, dearest. He has been here for a very long time. Likely he will be with us for thousands of years more. If nothing else, the Outsiders will keep him entertained for a while." "I certainly hope so. After a lifetime wondering what happened to my father... it would suck to lose him before I even get to know him." "A year is a lng time, my heart. Anything could happen. It is less than four months since we first sat here. The handsome young Evoker and the intrigued Princess," she said. "And now we're married, as well as King and Queen." "Not to mention pregnant. You really have been a most terrible influence on me... the spinster aunts would not approve." "I guess it was too much to hope for that they'd all be at Mitburgh as well, wasn't it?" he said. "Yes, dearest." "But that's okay... they're not here. And you say I've been a terrible influence, right?" "Most terrible, yes..." Emily said. "Maybe we should get back to the Crowley so you could show me just what a terrible influence I've been?" "Perhaps? We have paid, and I need to wake up early tomorrow. Let us head back to the Crowley." "Only if you promise we can continue our... discussion... once we get home," Bore said. "You are insatiable, husband." "Oh yes."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:30 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630131337-1

"I will merely be gone for a few days, my heart. You are acting like it's forever," Emily said.
Something tugs Bore's subconscious, a feeling of danger and urgency. Something is behind him!

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630131346-1

Bore spins, X materializing in his hands as he blocks a stroke meant for his neck.
"What the hell?" he said. "An assassin, out of the Deep. Beware," Emily said. "It's a dead man walking." "Nice catch, godling. But blocking one stroke is hardly enough to win this fight," the Cambion said. "Who sent you, scum?" Bore said. "As if I would tell you. It will not matter shortly. I would have killed your bitch quickly, but, for your trouble, I'll make sure to take my time with her." "I don't think so."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630131547-1

"Who sent you, scum?" Bore said. "May your soul suffer torment for eternity, godling. The next of us will get you," the Cambion said. "I don't think so."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630131606-1

"You will tell me. Who. Sent. You," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630131630-1

"They will be at this restaurant in Edinburgh on the 27th. Take him fro behind. Ignore the girl... not even a god can heal a severed neck. Fail us and even death will not save you. Go. Serve us well and you will be rewarded beyond your wildest dreams. Disappoint us... and you will suffer through eternity. Our Masters are coming and all will kneel before Them, living or dead," Sarah said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:46 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630131718-1

Bore called Bella...
"Damn straight. I'll let them know. The Hunters will be mortified that they missed him," she said. "He was a slippery bastard, don't hold it aganst them," he said. "If you say so, Boss. Any change in plan for tomorrow?" "Sadly, Emily is still committed to returning. I'm less worried about Emily as long as she's with you. That Cambion was hard but less than what I'd expect you and Emily could take down easily. The main trouble was just detecting him before the strike... it was cloaked, somehow." "Veiled, yeah. They do that. Akane could burn through it in a heartbeat, if she knew to look for it. And it mostly cloaks vision, muffles sound. Werewolves hunt as much by scent as we do by sight, it ainät getting that close to me," Bella said. "Okay. Makes me feel slightly better." "Still leaves you unguarded, Boss. Want me to see if one of my counsins's free to chill at the Crowley until we return? We can pay her in beer." "While it's tempting having another cute werewolf hanging out, I'll restrain myself. I don't think it was luck that foiled the last atttack," Bore said. "If ye insist, Master. Just stay safe." "Keep Emily safe, Chosen. Let me worry about myself." "Okay, Master. I'll be there tomorrow morning," she said. "See you then, Bella," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630132246-1

"Your Mother has retired for the night, dearest. The path is clear," Emily said. "Okay, what do we do with the suit?" Bore said. "Leave it in the bathroom... I will have it burned. Demon blood stinks more than pretty much anything else," Chloe said. "Well... Molly won't be happy about that," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630132311-1

"Nor am I. But the suit can be replaced, my heart. You can not. Be creful while I'm away," Emily said. "Same. Bella said she could likely track it, through scent or hearing, before it gets close. Keep Secace close at all times," Bore said. "And Bella, yes. The Court has dealt with assassins before, without a traitor inviting them in, the Castle's protections will hold." "We've still got a traitor inside. At least one. The assassin knew to wait outside the Khukuri. It knew the time and the day, I saw this from the vision." "It could be a Cult Seer. Or an informer at the embassy, in retrospect I should not have brought over wine from there. It could even be one of the staff at the restaurant, though that seems unlikely," she said. "Wherever it is... this fight is not over." "Not by a far shot, dearest. The Cult is a fearsome enemy, perhaps it is now clearer why your Father hid you. The will stop at nothing to win, and killing you is the quickest way. Get dressed, clean up. I will see you soon." "Sure," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630132336-1

"There went that dream of a night of passion... this crap smells worse than rotten meat. Let's not get Cambion blood and brains over myself next time I do this."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630132346-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630132411-1

"No cucumbers available at this time of night. Good night, my love. We'll make all of this a better world. For you. And for Elanora. And for that to happen, the Cult must be destroyed. Winter... is coming."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:08 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630132435-1

"Good morning, my heart. I was afraid you would not be awake before I left," Emily said. "You could have woken me, you know," Bore said. "You went to sleep rather late last night. And you seem to have used up all my shampoo in the process of cleaning yourself last night, my hair is a mess." "It looks amazing, as always." "Flatterer. And thankfully you seem to have cleared the Cambion blood out of your hair before you came to bed. But I have to go, dearest... Bella is waiting for me downstairs," she said. "She'd wait if we ask her." "But because she is dear to us, husband, we do not abuse her time like that. Besides, I have meetings I need to attend to and no wish to burn the midnight oil before retiring to an empty bed." "I could alway come with you," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630132509-1

"I know, beloved. But you have things to do... the last threads of your old life to tidy up. Once we leave Edinburgh in January, I dear it may be some time before we return. Much will have changed," Emily said. "Just... just stay safe. Both of you. Come back to me," Bore said. "Always, my heart. No matter what." "I guess we should go down and meet Bella."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630132526-1

"Morning, Boss. I'm here to help escort the Queen," she said. "Thanks, Bella," Bore said. "Dun worry so much, Master... I'll make sure she's well taken care of. We'll be back by New Years's Eve." "I know, Bella... I'm just..." "Itchy about not being there to protect her?" she said. "Yeah. Especially with demonic assassins hunting us." "How do you think I feel about this, Master? Dealing with scum like this is what Hunters are for. And I'll be several hours away in Camelot, when we both know they're hunting you," Bella said. "I can take care of myself, Chosen. Protect my wife, that's all that matters. Focus." "I... okay, Boss." "Thanks, Bella.Emily?" he said. "We will be back soon, my love," she said. "I love you. Stay safe."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630132616-1

"Hi? Is the bar open?" "Not yet, but have a seat... we can get you a beer or a coffeee while we get ready," Bore said. "No, I'm here about the part-time job that was advertised? I'm Kath... Kathleen Kerr," she said. "Haven't I seen you somewhere? And what part-time job, Chloe?" "Part-time... oh, yes... indeed. I did advertise for some staff to help me out. You won't be around to help me run the pub much longer, after all," she said. "Redhead. Fit. And you move wrong for a human, too smooth and controlled. You wouldn't happen to be a werewolf, would you, Kathleen?" Bore said. "No, Sir. I'm most definitely not a werewolf," she said. "You can call me Bore, it's hard to keep your cover if you revert to military discipline." "Sorry, Si... Bore. You just reminded me of my CO, just there." "Bella sent you, didn't she? Are you part of the Hume pack?" "No Sir. Most definitely not. I'm a Kerr, Sir," Kath said. "Bore, Kath. I'm called Bore. If you're sticking around, I can't have you salutig me. So, not a Hume... and not a werewolf. Some other kind of Werecreature? Werecat?" "Who the hell needs a housecat? Sir." "I'm quite partial to cats myself. So what are you?" he said. "Werelynx, Sir. Corporal Kath Kerr, First Recon. Sir. And Segeant Hume's going to chew me a new one, I was supposed to do this without getting found out." "So you're intending to hang around here in full armour? That's going to be a downer." "No, Sir. Sergeant Hume just called in a favour to get me pourings drinks and keeping me eyes open for a few days. The bar is the obvious place to hit you and, according to her, you're at least as dangerous as the full Squad, all you need is a geads up if something's trying to slink up on you," she said. "That could work. I take it you're good at that." "I ain't no bruiser, Sir. But sneaking and finding... ain't none better." "And I'll do the bruising. Don't worry, Kath... if there's one thing I'm good at, it' breaking things," Bore said. "That's what Sergeant Hume said, yeah. If you don't mind a question... how did you know?" "I more or less expected something like this, to be honest. My Chosen might always be loyal, but that's never stopped them from working behind my back for my own good." "Chosen, Sir?" Kath said. "Never mind. But I'm sure I've seen you before, somewhere." "I... well. I've done some... artistic photopgraphs. From time to time. The money's decent, the shots are fun, and my CO's aware. Though I hope he ain't seen the pics." "You're the DressXpress model! That's where I recognize you from," he said. "Er... yes, Sir." "You've got nothing to be shy about, you looked amazing in it." "Thank you, Sir. I think. Now... where were we?" she said. "We should probably work out a plan, right?" "What are the entrances to this place?" "Backdoor on the left, goes to a back alley. Prtal to Elsewhere in the basement. Main gate. That's it, right Chloe?" Bore said. "Correct. Windows and ceilings are warded... nothing is crossing those tresholds without me noticing," she said. "Excellent." "Then we're good. I'll be at the bar from today until Sergreant Hume returns. Which I believe is Hogmanay?" Kath said. "Correct. You're aware of what you're looking for, right?" "Deep Elsewhere creepers, according to the Sergeant. Stuff like the Cambion from last night. Possibly Pùca or other freelance nasties." "That's about it. If I can see it, I can likely take it. The only caveat is colleteral damage," he said. "So you risk thrashing the pub if you go all out? That's gotta be a problem for a bouncer." "No, Kath... I risk thrashing Edinburgh if I go all out. Let's hope it doesn't come to that." "Yes, Sir," she gulped. "Ill see you at the bar. Take care," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:07 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630133044-1

"Okay, I'll see you in the evening, then. Lots of work to do," she said. "See you then, Chloe," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630135109-1

A sound is heard from downstairs... someone entered through the portal.
"Is Emily back early?" Bore wondered. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630135121-1

"Bore..." "Hi Keith, it's just you. I was hoping Emily and Bella were back early. Nice shades, makes you look like Tom Cruise's ginger stunt-double," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630135144-1

"Sir! Be careful. Please. That's not Captain Keith," Kath said. "Oh?" "The Captain would never enter your house, Sir. Not wearing shades." "I'll take your word for it, Kath. How about you stay right where you are, 'Keith', until we sort out exactly what's going on," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630135213-1

"I guess that would have been too easy, wouldn't it." "Shapeshifter?" Bore said. "Yes, Sir. Pùca. The eyes is the giveaway, members of the Squad avoid using sun-glasses, precesely because of things like this. Though up close they smell different as well, it wouldn't pass as human with Hunter around," Kath said. "I... see. Well, 'Keith', we can both agree you're not going to succeed with the element of surprise. You really have two choices here... you can cooperate or you can get roasted alive. I'm going to ask nicely... who sent you? Believe me, neither of us will like it if I have to start asking tthe other way. That suit was a complete write off."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:31 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630135258-1

"There is one... minor... problem with that proposal, sofskin," the Pùca said. "You are one ugly son of a bitch. If you could look like anything, why the hell would you choose to look like that?" Bore said. "What would you know, softskin? We are the Trueborn. We had thriving civilizations in Elsewhere before the first hairless monkey learned to walk on two legs." "And yet, you're here in a human city, wearing... well, previously wearing, a human face." "Because you breed like rats. And because, while most of you are little better than cattle, your gos and Powers are still dangerous. May the First be cursed for all eternity," the Pùca said. "Which brings us back here." "It does, yes... softskin. You will understand that my... clients... are not people one betrays. Not in this life... or the next." "Then I guess we're doing this the hard way," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630135329-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630135347-1

"No you don't, buddy," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630135405-1

"What a waste... why couldn't you just cooperate instead?" Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630135417-1

The Pùca coughed.
"Foolish monkey... nobody betrays the Cult. Not when alive, and certainly not dead. There is nowhere they can't reach you. Better to die trying to suceed than to live a life waiting for them to catch up," it said. "I it dead? Feck, that was too close. I ain't ever fecking leaving barracks without at least a knife ever again," Kath said. "You okay?" Bore said. "Yeah... kinda... yeah. Fexk. I ain't come that close to Changing in a long time. Sarge would rip me a new one if she knew how close I came to losing control." "I'm sure having a cute Lynx for company would have been nice. You probably have a luxurious pelt." "It doesnae work like that. I ain't gonna turn into a pussycat, I just... Change. It ain't a good thing, especially around people who ain't kin. Especially if you risk accidentally attacking a dude with a big-ass magical sword, I guess. Where the hell did you get that from, anyway? Sir," she said. "X? Excalibur, I mean." "Excalibur? As in the Sword in the Stone?? Who are you?" "I'm the Once and Future King, Kath. The Winter King, born to meet the Outsiders on the battlefield and turn them back," he said. "Yes, Sir!" she gulped. "Don't worry about it, Kath. I still put on my pants one leg at a time, just like everyone else. But it does mean that as long as you can find me the target... I am quite capable of destroying it. With the sword, or with magic... either works." "I believe that, Sir. I really do. Shit. I mean, sorry about the language, Si... Your Highness?" "Bore works, Kath. Or Sir, if you insist," he said. "Yes, Sir." "Now... what the hell do we do with this guy's corpse? Just ditch it in the Portal, hope for a Defiler to eat it?" "Probably best to avoid teaching the critters of Elsewhere that there's food here. I'll make a call up to the Squad, get a cleanup crew down here," Kath said. "Service with a smile." "Yes, Sir!" Okay, you do that, Kath. I'll go up and help Chloe pour drinks," Bore said. "See you later, Sir." "Later, Kath."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630135627-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:42 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630170702-1

"I just had the weirdest conversation ever," Olivia said. "Did you discover an Evoker on campus somewhere?" Bore said. "Nah, I'm pretty sure that's a rumour. I would totally have discovered if there was someone like that." "How about Professor Booker? He teaches the Evoker course." "You mean that sad little teacher in the scruffy sweatshirt? Really, Bore, do you think anyone that can tap into the energies of the universe would look like that?" she said. "Perhaps? So, what was your conversation about?" "So, I met this girl down on the Royal Mile, next to the Heart of Midlothian. She was like... weird." "Okay? Lots of weird people in Edinburgh. Some of them in this very library, in fact," he said. "Strange, I've never seen any weird people here. Anyway, this one had some weird religion. She kept trying to tell me about 'My Lord and Saviour'. "I guess religion does strange things to people, huh?" "Yeah, I guess. Anyway, Bore, I've got to get back to work. Uncovering the world of magic isn't going to happen on its own, you know," Olivia said. "Indeed. Take care."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630171119-1

"So yer' here for gems, laddie? Well, I've got ye covered. What're you looking for?" the Quartermaster said. "I had some excess gems I wanted to sell. Interested?" Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630172004-1

"Evening, Bore." "Hello... Keith?" he said. "What's with the eteballing? Did I leave without settling the check last time or something?" Keith said. "Nah, just making sure it's you. I had a Pùca trying to borrow your face so it could get close enough to me the other day. That kin of thing makes a man itchy." "It would, yeah. I heard the cleanip crew had to deal with a Pùca recently... I take it that was your work?" "Yeah. Another Cult hire assassin. Those things are getting old," Bore said. "I ain't any happier about this than you are, Bore. Keeping Edinburgh clear of Elsewhere nasties is supposed to be my job, we're running the Hunter ragged trying to push our screen outward." "I might be able to help with that, I think." "Aye? Cause last time ye and Sis helped, ye lost me my best Hunter. I ain't ever finding a decent replacement for Bella, she was one in a million," Keith said. "Yes... yes she is." "So if ye ain't plannin' on poaching any more of my Hunters, what kind of help did you have in mind?" "Akane's a Katishi Seer... she might be able to find them. Take them out before they reach us," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:28 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630172118-1

"Sir, there's a someone looking for a MagePunk Pathberry wine... Oh... Hi, Boss," she said. "Sure, Kath, it's... this one, I believe. I take it you know Keith already, right?" Bore said. "Corporal Kerr. What a surprise. When I heard ye were on emergency family leave I assumed ye were safely in Majorca or somewhere like it, prtying topless at a hen-party. I did not expect to find you pulling pints at my local pub," Keith said. "Bella sent her. Good thing, actually, otherwise that Pùca might have fotten me. Off you go, Kath... don't leave the customer waiting." "I doubr it. It might have gotten close enough to try, though. So... are you planning to rob me of yet another NCO?" "Of course not... one gorgeous redheaded were-creature is all a man needs," Bore said. "Really, now?" "Well, maybe a stray thought. I promise I'll return her unharmed and un-Chosen." "See that you do, Bore. Training Hunters is a giant pain in the ass, and finding ones with the temperament to serve as non-coms ain't easy. So hands off," Keith said. "And officers?" "Doesn't happen, near as I know. Their clock is ticking too fast, and they live life at breakneck speeds. Ain't never heard of one willing to sacrifice a year to officer training at Sandhurst. Never mind dealing with the fuckin' paperwork once yer commissioned." "Strange. Bella seems perfect for the job. Quiet competence and realiability," Bore said. "Aye. And since ye made her Chosen she's calmed down a lot. But she ain't typical of the Hunters. And I'd really have preferred if Bella hadn't sent Kath down here... it's all too feckin' likely she'll fall under yer spell as well." "What makes you say that?" "Werelynx ain't as hierarchical as werewolves, but the Changers have a thing for Alphas... and there ain't a lot of things meaner than a god," Keith said. "I'll be on my best behavior." "Before we got interrupted you mentioned yer other Chosen? The Katashi Seer?" "Yeah. I imagine she'd be able to punch through their Veil. I'm thinking we'll do a sweep of the nearby Elsewhere tonight... want to join us?" Bore said. "I'd have loved to, but duty calls. Well, the stack of paperwork does, at least. Let me know if yee catch anything." "Will do. See you later, Keith." "Sorry about that, Sir. The boss ain't a bad sort, but they're all a bit frazzled... the brass ain't happy to have two high level incursions in such a short span of time," Kath said. "I think it's time we do something about that. Want to join us on the Paths tonight?" "Aye? I guess... Let me get my gear. I didnae come prepared for running the Paths." "I'll see you in the basement," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630172433-1

"Yes, Master?" she said. "I'm tired of being hunted. Do you think you could find if there's more little assassins hiding nearby?" Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630172450-1

"Of course, Master. We will be there immediately," she said. "Thanks, Akane," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 14 20220630172500-1

"Let's get dressed first, I guess. While I have some privacy."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next