Saturn Reads Tarot
Saturn Reads Tarot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Donate Here

Ads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 Empty Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:12 am

First topic message reminder :

This is a visual novel. The setting is an Arthurian legend taking place in our time. Meet the pantheon and mythology of several cultures mixed together - including the Norse, Celt, Aztec and Japanese.
The NSFW screenshots will be hidden behind a link and password. Don't have it, you can ask me  Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 1f609
You know the deal, click on images to enlarge, click on links and use password to view the naughty stuff.
And without further ado, let us begin the story

Bore's home in the United States

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220628003120-1

"Oh... I can't believe it, my little baby is all grown up and leaving me." "Look, I'm 21. And I'm just going to college for my graduate stidies, not running away to join the Foreign Legion," Bore said. "But... but... it's in another country. Surely there must be nice collegues here in America you could go to? Maybe here in Frostburg, so you could still live at home?" "You know I love you Mom. But I really want to go there, they've got some really interesting courses that aren't offered here in the US. And they did offer me a full scholarship." "Yes, and I'm very proud of you. I can't remember if you told me... what was it awarded for?" she said. "Oh, I won it playing poker." "Oh, you're such a joker. So much like your father, God bless his soul. He could always bring a smile to my face no matter how sad I felt." "Mom... please don't stat crying. The cab will be here in a few minutes," he said. "You're ll I've got left from your father. And now you're leaving me, too." "Mom, he died before I was born. I know he meant a lot to you, but you've got to think about yourself as well." "He was... he wa one of a kind," she said. "You know I'll always be there for you, Mom." "(sniff) Anyway. Remember to call my friend the moment you touch down in England, okay?" "I'm going to Scotland, Mom," Bore corrected his mother. "Same thing. About my friend... do you have her phone number? Do you even remember her name?" "Og course, Mom." "That's good. And don't forget your computer," she said. "Laptop, Mom. Don't worry, I'm just charging it, so I've got something to do on the flight." "It's really nice that even on the plane you'll be studying. Such a good boy." "I doubt I'll be working. Just playing games and relaxing on the long flight," he said. "Well that's good. Wouldn't want you studying too hard." " It's nice of your friend to help me get settled in. Where do you know her from?" "Oh, she's a friend from... back then. When your father was here. We all stayed on a ranch in Oregon. There was always such life and happiness, and we'd all... well... never mind, you don't need to worry your little head about that. Grown-up stuff. Anyway, Chloe's an old friend, and she agreed to help you get settled in Edinburgh. I'm so glad you'll have someone there with you," she said. "Oh, great, Mom's middle aged friend is supposed to be my minder. So much for freedom, welcome crazy cat lady," Bore whispered to himself. "(sniff) I can't believe you're leaving me." "Mom. I'll be back at the end of the school year. We can chat over Facial and everything." "I'm sorry, dear. Iyt's just... you remind me so much of your father. It breaks my heart to lose you too," she said.
Bore gave his mother a tight hug.
"I love you, Mom. I'll be fine, don't worry so much," he said. "Just... be careful, okay? Promise me. No drinking, or chasing girls, or gambling, or doing anything dangerous." "Of course, Mom. I'm an adult. I'm heading off to college. How would I have time to do these kinds of things?" "I love you. Call! Stay safe... come back to me... please," she said. "Bye Mom," Bore said.

Last edited by Wotan on Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 Empty Re: Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:11 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629023802-1

"Bore? Can you hear me?" Emily said. "I'm here, my love. Relax, everything is going to be okay," he said. "Your Spark. It is back. But it feels different, it glows with a golden light. I have never seen anything like it before." "It's Excalibur. He's become my new link to magic." "Where is it?" she said. "Same place I stored my staff, I imagine. Though I guess it now doubles as an actual sword." "So... you are okay?" "Yes. See, even my ribs are healed. If anything I'm better than new," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629023841-1

"You, you... bastard! I was certain you were going to die. That you were going to go away, leaving me to face each day alone. To know that I will never see your face again, feel your lips on mine, hear your voice saying my name. Ever again," Emily said.
She hugs Bore closely, as if worried he would disappear if she let him go. He can feel the dampnes of tears against his chest, but she says nothing.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629023913-1

"I'm glad you are safe, my heart. I could not bear to live without you. I became complacent, certain that each morning would give us another day together. Even though I know how Evokers live. Never again. Now sit down," she said. "What are you doing, Emily?" Bore said. "What I should have done a long time ago. Live my life with you to the fullest. Share everything with you. Starting now." "Are you certain, Emily? What about the Court, or your father?"

https://ibb.co/zVw9wLd

"My father can go to hell, and take the nobles with him for all I care. Nothing else matters. Only us," she said. "I... I love you, Emily," he said.

https://ibb.co/FKBqHNp

"I bet you say that to all the pretty girls planning to have sex with you," Emily said. "No. Only you," Bore said. 

https://ibb.co/pKBYD1P

"Let us get rid of those constricting pants," she said. "I'm weak as a kitten, Emily. Healing up took all my strength," he said.

https://ibb.co/BymjdTn

"Then it is a good thing I am an exellent rider, is it not? And your thing seems to have enough energy to stand up," Emily said. "I said I was weak, not de... asleep," Bore said. "You had better not be, if you fall asleep the first time we have sex I shall be most cross with you." "No danger of that, I assure you."

https://ibb.co/j8kyHYy

Emily straddles Bore, her body feverishly hot against his skin. Bore's penis briefly brushes her vulva, causing Emily to flinch. Then she positions herself better.
"If you're not ready, my love..." he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629024016-1

Emily doesn't answer him, instead driving her body down on Bore's shaft with a grunt of effort.
"Oh gods, you're tight," he said. "I thought it would hurt more, somehow. Or feel more final," she said. "We have only begun."

Back to top Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 Empty Re: Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:55 am

"I know. But there's something irrevocable about our actions here. For some reason I had expected the physical act to mirror that significance. But it was no more painful than a sharp whack with a training blade," Emily said. 

https://ibb.co/PDy02Lr

For an endless breath they remain in that position, their lips pressed together. Bore can feel the mix of blood and jouices trickling down the inside of his thigh, every tiny shiftting motion stimulating his penis. Wordlessly Emily starts moving, tenderly at first, then with increasing urgency.
"That feels amazing, Emily," he said. "Shhh... I want to remember this moment forever. To feel you inside me, your skin against mine. Nothing will ever take this from me," she said. "I love you, Emily." "I love you too, my heart. Just rest, let me do this for you."
She keeps riding him, bringing Bore close to the edge despite the gentle pace. Then she slows down, kissing him again.
"Molly said the trick to this was to set the pace myself. Much like a thoroughbred horse, sometimes a man's excitement can get the better of him," Emily said. "Are you compairing me to a horse, now?" Bore said. "A wild stallion. Proud and strong, responding only to a maiden's sweet touch and gentle words." "I always considered myself hung like a horse." "Thankfully not, or there is no way you would fit inside. You are already almost too big," she said. "The horse is ready, lazy rider." "Poor neglected horse. Then I shall ride you hard, so you get a chance to burn off that excitement."
The motion is different this time, faster, more urgent. Bore can hear Emily's soft moans, fell her breath on his face as their lips brush each other.
"I love you, Bore. Cum inside me, I want to feel you deep inside me," she said.
He can fel her pace quickening, the motions more desperate, until with a final moan she collapses on his chest, Emily's orgasm sending Bore over the edge and emptying him deep inside her.
"That was amazing," she said. "Would you say it was sinful, though not very terrible?" he said. "not very terrible at all. I cannot wait to try that again." "One quick fudge, and you're already a nympho." "Hardly. You already corrupted me, this was just the next step on the journey. But it wa an amazing step," Emily said. "Yeah." "What is it, Bore." "Just... a little woozy," he said.

https://ibb.co/V2wN59Y

"Yeah, I did tell you to take it esy. I drained your body more or less to the dregs to heal you," X said. "So you... saw all that?" Bore said. "Nah, I'm pretty good at not noticing. You're hardly the first wielder with a taste for sex. Alexander, for example, would fudge anything on two legs, and quite a few things on four. In this case I was busy chatting with your girlfriend's armour. Not the brightest bulb in the box, but she looks smoking." "So you're saying her armour is sentient? Like you?" "Ain't nothing like me, boss. But yeah, she's got some ridimentary brains, and a whole lot of beauty. The Schwartalf do good work. Now stop screwing around and get some sleep," X said. "Sounds like a plan." "Bore? Are you okay?" Emily said. "Just tired. I'm healed up, but it took a lot. And then you took the rest," he said. "I am sorry, my love. I was being selfish, thinking only of my own needs." "ey, I'm not complaining. It was amazing."

https://ibb.co/Z6y6gtD

"Just lie down, my love. I'll keep watch over you," Emily said. "... guard my back with naked steel," he said. "Always. Sleep, my heart, tomorrow we will face the world. Together." "Together. Always."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:01 am

Slowly Bore drifts back to consciousnes. Yesterday feels... blurry. Like there is something important he should remember.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629024313-1

"Good morning, my love," Emily said. "Well, that's certainly not the worst view I've ever woken up to. And I like the pillow as well."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629024322-1

https://ibb.co/WW1KBjB

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629024333-1

https://ibb.co/9Z6tf9R

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629024341-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629024358-1

"How do you feel? You have been asleep for almost a full day," she said. "I feel... great, actually. My strength has returned," Bore said. "And with that your ambitions, I can see." "Well, you can't blame a guy. And it's not as if we have to protect your virginity any more."

https://ibb.co/pPWKdJx

"No, I am afraid we thoroughly despoiled that earlier," Emily said. "Any regrets?" he said. "None, my love. I came far too close to losing you, forever." "We're all alone, just the two of us... naked. Should be try again?" "Boss, I hate to tell you this..." X said. "Oh for the love of... what is it, X?" Bore said. "Just before you get your jollies on, there's someone approaching the Glade. Someone you'll want to meet. I figure it's bettr to tell you now, rather than halfway in, as it were." "Do we at least have time for some nuzzling? Some heavy petting perhaps?" "Nope. If you hurry, you might have time to get dressed before it's at the Gate," X said. "Crap. Emily, love, could you hold that thought for me? X says we've got a visitor incoming." "Visitor?" she said. "Someone, or something, is coming. Much as I hate to say this, you'd better get dressed," he said.

https://ibb.co/zNxR29w

"Not that I am complaining, my heart, but should you not be wearing the rest of your armour?" Emily said. "I don't actually know where it went. Hopefully Chloe has it. It's been all a bit of a blur, to be honest," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629024556-1

"Your visitoe is at the Gate, Bore. I guess you'll just have to roll Chippendale-style," X said. "Very funny, X. Are you ready, Emily?" he said. "Of course, my heart," she said. "Let's go."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:58 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629024609-1

"Bore, I assume. I've got a delivery for you." "For... me?" Bore said. "Yes. That's what I said. Order for one set of custom spec Plate, to be delivered here, today. Order date is 22 years, 52 days ago. We don't usually do rush orders like that, but... well, Himself is a very important customer." "22 years is a rush order? What the fu..." "Boss, no! Be... very careful," X said. "Why?" "That's a Schwartalf Master Crafter." And?" Bore said. "Crap. You weren't kidding about being stuck with the runt, huh. You do not want to piss off the Schwartalf, and insulting a Master is a good place to start." "They're smiths, right? Emily mentione her armour was Schwartalf Plate?" "They're the weaponsmiths and armourers of the Gods, Bore. Or anyone else who can afford their fees, and can wait around a century or two until their work is complete," X said. "So mostly Gods and Powers, then." "Yes. They're also grouchy, touchy and have a mean streak a mile wide and two deep." "Okay, I get it. I'll be the soul of politeness," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629024927-1

"You look..." Emily said. "Handsome?" he said. "That too. But I was going to say, you look like a King." "Hardly. Though I will say, this is a lot more comfy than I thought it would be."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629024945-1

"Oh yes. Finally! It's been too long since I had fitting armour to go with my own awesomeness," Xa said. "Glad you're happy," Bore said. "You've got more guests incoming." "Is it too late to throw you back into the Lake?" "Hey, it's not my fault you're such a popular guy. Looks like a sorceress and some kind of were-creature. A wolf, maybe?" X said. "Like Molly and Bella. Damn, I really do need to deal with them. So much for spending time with Emily."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629025103-1

"Master? MasterMasterMaster! You're alive! And looking fancy," she said. "Hi, Molly. It's good to see you too," Bore said. "I wasn't certain. The Voices were screaming, and I just knew Emily had to get here. I'm so happy she got here in time." "It's all going to be okay, Molly."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629025136-1

"Nice new suit, Bore. Is that what I think it is?" Bella said. "The Schwartalf that delivered it said it was custom made Plate. Whatever that means," he said. "Means it costs more than a tank division. But that cannae be right, custom Plate takes time to make. Decades at least, usually centuries." "Should have figured you for a grear-geek, Bella. You probably subscribe to Guns&Ammo as well." "And Jane's both Defence and MageTech. Are you sure it was a Schwartalf?" she said. "Small, dark, golden eyes and needle-sharp teeth? X called it a Schwartalf Maste Crafter, whatever that is." A Master Crafter? That's like a VP from deNile showing up with your online orders. And who's X?" "Shit. I guess I should start at the beginning," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:08 pm

"Katie! Is she okay?" Bella said. "No idea. I just woke up 20 minutes ago. We need to find out, though. And then I need to go medeival on that fucking asshole," he said. "But, Bore. If he severed your magic, how will you fight him? The armour's pretty and all, but... well, metal armour might not be the best defense against a God who throws thunderbolts." "I got a new link to Magic. I'm stronger, and better than ever. Say hello to X."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629024927-1

"Oooooh. Very pretty, Master. And the voices really like it. It's like they're singing to it," Molly said. "Are they now... X?" "Are you asking if Molly's voices are possessing me, telling me to betray you?" X said. "You will forgive a touch of paranoia on my part, I'm having a really bad day." "No nothing like that. They're just... happy. They're not making much more sense to me than they do to Molly, but they keep talking about some Prophecy, and the Promised One." "so they kinda expected me to be dead as well. It's nice to know people had such faith in me," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629025314-1

"What is X... and where the hell did that come from?" Bella said. "Say hello to Excalibut, or X, as I prefer to call him," Bore said. "Excalibur. As in the Excalibur? Well, it goes with the armour at least." "That's about it." "Master?" the sorceress said. "Yes, Molly?" "Why do the Voices keep calling you the Winter King? And what's a Mantle?" "Oh, what the hell, you guys deserve to know about it. You remember how we formed the Knights of the Lake last week?" he said. "Yeah. Knights of the Lake foreeeeever!" "Well. Turns out there's a prophecy, from Merlin.That the Outsiders would return, to destroy the Court." "Who're the Outsiders?" Molly said. "Something from outside our reality, I think," Bore said. "Ctulthu's ugly step-brother. Nasty fucking things. Outsiders," X said. "Wait, how do you know this?" "Oh, I've fought them before. Many times. You have no idea how good it was to finally fucking beat them, almost enough to make me forgive Arthur his sins. That man could fight." "So you were there when the Coven and the Knights..." Bore said. "... had their quixotic last stand?" "That one, yeah. I thought these were all Powers. And fucking Merlin. How on earth will we succeed where they failed?" "They didn't fail. But I will say, Arthur never had anything like your power. Even with the Mantle. I wasn't kidding, you're a freak of fucking nature," X said. "More like a Kwisatz Haderach." "Oh?" "That rock they stuck you in was the key. Without Emily to cool me down, I think they'd rather have me dead. I'm some kind of breeding experiment, one that deeply terrifies them," Bore said. "Perhaps it's all political? Something to tie you to the Courts, both Human and Fae?" "No, I'm pretty certain it's Emily who's the key. For some reason they're terrified about me, without her." "Are they right? How's your temperament? Any recent outbursts of anger? Well, try to be honst with yourself, at least," X said. "Look, I don't go around being a raving asshole all the time. But if you push me, I'll push back." "And if someone killed Emily, to get to you? I asked you a question, Soldier." "I'd find them. And kill them. And if that took setting the whole world on fire, I'd happily use my own soul for kindling. Happy?" Bore said. "We're all fucked, aren't we?" X said. "Why quibble? You and I are stuck together, until death do us part..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:17 pm

"I wish you wouldn't do that. The setting the world on fire bit, as well as quoting my words back at me. Do we even have enough power to set the world on fire?" X said. "No idea. How far can I get with a Mana Pool of 3 billion gallons?" Bore said. "We're all sooooo fucked." "Or we just stop them from hurting Emily. That works for me. Anyway, that power is all tied to the Mantle. Which requires Erec to relinquish the throne. I don't see him doing that voluntarily." "So you've got to kill your girlfriend's dad to claim your throne? They really decided to fudge with you, huh?" X said. "Erec's an asshole, but I'm not going to kill him. If nothing else that would... complicate... my relationship with Emily."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629025647-1

"Master? Who are the Outsiders?" Molly said. "The end of the world, I think. And we, the Knights of the Lake, are destined to fix it," Bore said. "And the Winter King?" Bella said. "Well..."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629025529-1

"The Winter King is the end, as Arrthur's Summer King was the beginning. The Once and Future King," Emily said. "Pretty much," Bore said. "Aye. And did yer dad know about this? Cause that's gonna make your new boyfriend less popular at Court," Bella said. "That is one of... many... things I'm kinda hoping Erec never finds out."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629025812-1

"Wait? Like... you did it, didn't you?" Molly said. "Err... what do you mean? Nothing happened, nothing at all," he said. "Oh, yes Master, you totally did it. Oooooh, Emily, I'm like so jelly. You've got to promise to tell me everything." "As if my life wasn't complicated enough." "I rather believe my love would prefer to avoid that. Or at least prefer avoid knowing about it, Molly. Perhaps we should discuss things later," Emily said. "I'm not sure that's as reassuring as you think it is." "Well, took you long enough. But more immediately, what is our plan. Katie's missing and Torman's gone rogue," Bella said. "And the world is ending." "That too. So. What're we gonna do about it?" "First of all, we need to find Katie. Leave no man behind," Bore said. "Woman, but yes. Then." "Then I track down Torman and decapitate him." "Do you even know how to use a sword? Beyond swinging it around like an idiot, I mean?" Bella said. "Nope. But I can learn." "Well. It's probably best you work out how to do that, before you try to take on the son of a God of War in melee combat. And put that thing dawn, it looks sharp." "Likely good advice," he said. "I can teach you, my heart. Why don't we come here on Sunday Morning yo practice?" Emily said. "Sure. Not the lessons I had in mind for this place, but I gues it's a good place to practice sword fighting." "What else should we do, my heart?" "Molly?" Bore said. "Yes Master?" "Time for us to get more structured about this. I need you to sit down with Chloe. She knows things you don't yet. Things you need to know." "Me? But... Yes, Master..." she said. "Don't worry, I'm pretty sure she's forgotten you called her a stuck-up retarded bitch." "Yes, Master." "Though it might be best if you don't accept any drinks she prepares you, anyways. Especially anything salty," Bore said. "And the rest of us?" Bella said. "Bella, I want you to get in touch with the Clan. Quietly. Find out where Katie is. Make sure she's safe. First priority is resuing her." "Can do, Boss." "Let's meet up here, Tuesday Afternoon. Assuming Sarah isn't resuming lectures," Bore said. "Oh, doubt she's getting out of Montrose that easily, that place has all kinds of mages locked up. Like, they can hold a crazy Battlemage, surely they can hold her," Molly said. "Okay, sounds like a plan. Meanwhile I'll try to work out how to use these new abilities." "I'll help, my love," the Princess said. "Thanks, Emily." "Okay, shall we head back to the portal, or do you guys need some time alone?" Bella said. "You guys just go ahead..." he said." Sadly, my heart, I think we all need to go. You have healed up from near death; you need food... and sleep. Not more strenuous excercise," Emily said. "I'd like some strenuous exercise." "And I would like to see you at your best, my heart. Which means a hot meal and a full ight's sleep for you." "Will you at least stay with me?" he said. "I cannot. The Aesir, or at least Thor, are planning to throw us to the wolves. I cannot allow that to happen. I will travel straight from here to the Court tonight, and warn my Father. The Court must gear for war, such as it can. And our Allies must be told." "Dm. There goe that plan." "Fear not, my heart. I will be back here for the lessons on Sunday Morning. And who knows, maybe we shall have time left after the sword lessons?" she said. "I'll hold you to tha. I'll miss you, my love." "And my heart will long for yours. But I need to do this, I owe it to the Court. Farewell, Bore. We shall see each other soon," she said. "Goodbye, Emily." "Okay, Boss, let's go. We're not letting you out of sight until you're at the Crowley," Bella said. "Look, I'm quite capable of taking care of myself," he said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:02 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629025824-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629025831-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629025839-1

"Sounds like Torman cleaned your clock," Bella said. "He hit me from behind," Bore said. "So without that, you could have taken him?" "Henestly? Probably not. He slapped Katie aside as if she was a child." "I hope she's alright. so, where does that leave us?" she said. "We need to get stronger. Much stronger." "Yes Master! I'll talk to Chloe. And maybe you can... help give me some tips? In private?" Molly said. "I'll talk to Emily about it. She did say we both owed you." "Thank you, Master! I soooo look forward to it." "I guess I'll see you guys on Tuesday Evening, then?" he said. "Will do, Boss. I'll find out what happened, don't you worry," Bella said. "Good. I'll see you there." "I'll meet you here, Master. I feel happier if someone else is with me in Elsewhere." "Of course, Molly," he said. "And Master? I'm so glad you're okay. It' drive me crazy if anything happened to you." "Thanks, Molly. I'll see you on Monday."
"And so... I'm back here, again. It feels like an eternity, even if it's just a day. I guess we're in the big leagues now. Time to step up my game."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629030053-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629030109-1

"Wow, Mom looks... hot. That's a little disturbing. And Chloe looks... more or less unchanged. Different outfit, but I'd recongnize her anywhere. Which raises some interesting questions about exactly how old she is. Not that I'm going to be stupid enough to ask. I should probably reply to Mom, make sure she doesn't worry. Not that she has any reason to be worried or anything. Hi, Mom. Thanks for the photo. Chloe has aged very gracefully, and barely looks a day older. That's true enough. I'm enjoying my time here in Edinburgh. The teachers have all been very interesting, and their teaching methods are quite different from anything I experienced back home. Probably a bit mild, but no need to tell her that one tried to blackmail me into sex, and the other left me beaten and broken to die in Neverland. she'd only worry unnecessarily. I've met this really nice girl here. I'm sure you'd love her, hopefully the two of you get to meet, one day soon. There's also an extended harem, containing the pyromaniac grand-daughter of a god, a werewolf and a Chosen Sorceress with a history as an exotic dancer. For starters. But you can't go around telling your mother that kind of stuff. This course feels really right to me, and I'm sure it'll helpprepare me for my future career. Whether as an Evoker, a god, or a smoking pile of ashes on a batlefield somewhere. Love you, and stay safe. Bore. And I'll try to stay safe, as well. Once I deal with the things I need to deal with."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629030305-1

"Ah, Bore. Glad to see rumours about your impending death turned out to be exaggerted," Chloe said. "Indeed. I'm back, and better than ever," he said. "Excellent. Good help is so hard to find these days. Until I do, you'll have to serve." "Happy to be of service." "So. What did you find on the other side of that locked door?" she said. "True love." "Ah, so the princess finally put out. That's nice for you. Probably. Though if that fixed your magic, she must be the best fudge since Cleopatra." "I also found a sword, embedded in stone. A new link to magic," Bore said. "So. Excalibur is back in play. I guess we're starting to approach the end-game of this prophecy." "What was the old Churchill quote?" "I may be drunk, miss, but tomorrow I'll be sober, while you'll still be ugly?" Chloe said. "No, not that one... the one about the end." "Ah, yes. Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." "That's the one," he said. "Well. It's good you're still alive. Congratulations on your fancy new magical sword." "Thanks Chloe. I'll see you around." And, Bore!" she said. "Yes?" "I am glad you're okay. You came far too close to the edge, there. We all did." "Not to worry, Chloe. I'll always be fine," he said. "Every Evoker believes that. And yet there are few old Evokers. Take care." "I will!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:35 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629032508-1

"I'm supposed to meet Emily at the Glade. To learn to wield a sword. Actually, X, could you help?" "In what way?" "Well, you've had all these amazing wielders, right. Alexander the Great, and..." Bore said. "Oh, Alexander wasn't that great, if you know what I mean. And it was easy enough to nitice, since he'd take any opportunity to pull it out and show people," X said. "Sword fighting, X." "Ah. Well. No, not really. I'm not really in the best position to notice, you know. And most of my wielders were already famous sword fighters before they met me. It's not like Khutulun would have welcomed any suggestions on how to wave a sword around." "Well, shit," he said. "Don't sweat it, according to her armour, Emily's good. Like really good." "I'd assume her armour would feel compelled to say nice things, though. Loyalty to its wielder, and all that. I'm sure you'd do the same for me. Actually, forget I asked." "We do however need to practice, just you and I. But we can do that after you learn to not chop your leg off by accident," X said. "Verry funny. Okay, I think we should head."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629032557-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629032607-1

"So I'm meeting her at the Glade. Hope her trip to the Court went well. And that she's safe. I should probably get dressed. It's not paranoia when they're actually out to get you. Which reminds me, I should probably check with Chlow where my militia armour went."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629032621-1

"Looking fancy, Bore," X said. "Thanks. So, do you actually chat with this armour?" he said. "Well, it's more of the strong and silent type. And it's fresh out of the armourie, of course. Gear always takes a while to settle on a personality." "How about Arthur's armour? Emily mentioned Erec has it now." "It was a priggish bitch back then. Most likely it still is, now. Arthur's influence, I'd assume," X said. "Nobody seems to have to liked Arthur much." "Including his own wife, yeah. Arthur was... a hard man to like. Easy to admire, from a distance, but up close he was a sanctimonious prick with all the moral flexibility of a granite block and a smug sense of being holier-than-thou." "Seems a strange man to be chosen to save the world," Bore said. "Nah, if you know you're planning a famous last stand, he was the perfect candidate. Arthur was your man for the whole 'We ride, for death and ruin' speech, with a cult-leader's burning charisma and self-assurance."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629032629-1

"What do you mean?" Bore said. "Someone like you would be all too likely to get creative, but Arthur could be relied on to do his Duty whatever comes. And to lead those around him to their deaths, if that was what Duty called for," X said. "I don't think I could ever do that. Each of my Companions are precious in their own way. Except perhaps that psychotic fox." "You may not have a choice. Part of being a leader is making the hard choices of who lives, and who dies. But you'd fight it the whole way, whereas Arthur could be trusted to feed trops into the breach, without fear or favor." "Doesn't sound much like Emily," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629032653-1

"Oh, there's steel under the velvet, she might surprise you when it comes to hard choices. But she lacks arthur's arrogance and certainty; while she'd sacrifice people if she had to, she'd mourn them afterwards," X said. "Okay, I think I'm going to abandon that line of thought. Let's hope she never has to make a choice like that. Or that I have to, come to think of it. Deciding which of your friends die so the rest can live would suck. Let's go find Emily," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:38 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629032720-1

"Welcome, my heart. You look suitably dressed for the occasion," Emily said. "Militia armour wouldn't feel right for learning to sword fight. That's assuming I could find the rest of the outfit," Bore said. "Bella would disagree, the were-creatures frequently use bladed weapons. And militia armour." "So there are more than just werewolves? I think X mentioned something similar." "Oh, yes. Werewolves are common across the world, and are the most common in Western Europe, though there are werebears in the North, and in Russia. You get felines if you go further east, and south. Werecats around the Caspian Sea, and sometimes weretigers east of that," she said. "A weretiger sounds dangerous." "Oh, they are. But they are also solitary, territorial and too prone to casual violence for their own good. Most of them run into something stronger and faster than them, sooner or later. A Pack is in many ways more dangerous; less predictable and far better at cooperation, if less imposing individually." "I'll remember not to irritate Betta. How did the Court deal with the news?" he said. "As well as can be expected. The Council of Nobles is manoeuvring, my Father is closeted in meetings, and the Fae have been informed. What the Fae Courts choose to do with the information is anyone's guess." "So no immediate action." "There will be none. Perhaps some back-channel discussions with Odin, to see if this is the official Aesir policy, or just Thor's freelance contribution. It will not change much, the Aesir will not move against him, and neither will my Father," Emily said. "And my father? Torman... I mean Thor... said he was a hard God, and not one to cross." "Bore, my love, I need you to understand something. You are living enmeshed in prophecy and sorcery. With Merlin's legacy. What would have happened if Thor hadn't broken your magic connection? Would you have found Excalibur?" "Wait. So you're saying all of this is planned? That my father, and Merlin, knew Torman would betray me? That they were counting on it?" Bore said. "Beware sorcery, my heart. To the Voices the end justifies any means; they shape reality like a potter shapes clay, and never think to ask the clay if it wanted to become a vase, or if the resulting beauty was worth the heat of the kiln." "So, no expecting the Lord of the Hunt to run Torman to ground somewhere, then." "If that is who it is, yes. You share colouring and a likeness with him, but this is true for many Lords of the Tuatha Dè Denann as well, some of whom are Gods in their own right," she said. "The Tuatha Dè Denann... that's another name for the Fae, right?" "Not really. They are one sept, a tribe, within the Fae. Younger than some tribes, fiercer and more primal. Though they're still primarily of the Seelie, the Court of Light. They are the most likely to interact with humans, and make up the largest contingent of the Hunt." "Was your mother one of them?" he said. "Yes. Of all Fae, they are the closest to the Horned Lord. Almost all the Fae Lords swear fealty, of course, but the Tuatha glory in the hunt, and the kill. If your father is indeed the Horned Lord, Torman was right... he is a hard God, and not one to cross." "Well. Regardless, it doesn't look like I can expect him to fight my battles for me. So that leaves us with a shiny new sword that I don't know how to use." "And so this time I will be the teacher, and you the student," Emily said. "I thought we could learn together?" "In... other things, I shall look forward to it. In the way of the sword, no. I was trained by Matthew Burke, the swordmaster of the Court. Among Gods and mortals he had few equals and no superiors." "Had?" Bore said. "He left the Court, 3 years ago. To where, I do not know, though I sometimes hear he's been spotted on the Paths, living in the chaos as one solitary Fae." "Why?" "Why does he travel the Paths? I assume he is looking for something. Perhaps a worthy challenger. Perhaps a death with purpose. Or are you asking why he left?" she said. "That." "Matthew was a vassal of my Mother; he followed her to the Court in Exile when she left the Seelie Court. After her death he became... withdrawn. He despised the plotting of the noble, what he saw as the corruption of the Court. The day I turned 18, he handed me his second best sword, and took his leave from the Court." "You miss him?" he said. "He was a Fae noble, Bore. Not a Power, but noble born, and with their standoffish nature. But after my Mother died, he... he was likely more of a parent to me than my Father." "sounds like he was important to you." "I admire him, sought to emulate him. It must have been hilarious to watch, a gangling 13 year old girl, trying to emulate the grace of a Fae master sworsman," Emily said. "I can see what that grace grew into," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:53 am

"You are too kind, all I have is a faint echo. But be that as it may, it will have to suffice to teach you the sword. Here take this," Emily said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629032928-1

"What's this?" Bore said. "Your training sword?" she said. "So I'm not going to be training with X?" "Of course not. It may not be a famed magical sword, but I am far too attached to my sword to test it against a mythical blade that supposedly cuts through anything." "I guess," he said. "Nor do I wish to train a complete beginner with a naked blade. Accidents happen, and I came far too close to losing you once already this week."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629032958-1

"No, you're right, and I'm wrong. So. Like this?" Bore said. "Not so hard, my heart. The muscles tighten and your hand slows down," Emily said. "Makes sense, it's the same for a punch. So, nice and loose."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629033008-1

"Hold the sword like a child's hand, soft enough that you don't hurt it, firm enough that it will not get away," Emily said. "Like this?" Bore said. "Steer with the thumb and pointing finger of your topmost hand. Soft and easy." "Yeah, it makes sense. I can feel the balance better. How close to a normal sword is it in weight? Emily? Would a sword of steel be a lot heavier?" "Oh... no. No, a good sword should be similar to this oaken wand. Swords are lighter than you would think, despite being steel," she said. "Okay, I think I've got the hang of it. What's next?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629033044-1

"We will start with the forms, the basic stances and movements. Feet a bit more than shoulder-width apart, hands below the waist, with the sword pointing upwards. This is the Boar," Emily said.
Bore spends hours practicing. Boar to Gate, Gate to Guard. Strokes and blocks, every time he settles into a new stance Emily's hands gently correct his center of gravity, tug at an arm, correct a foot placement. 
"Drive the sword with your hips and shoulders. Just like an unarmed strike, power comes from speed, and speed comes from the large muscles moving a little, not the small muscles moving a lot," Emily said. 
Something half-forgotten inside Bore's soul stirs, the moves becoming surer. He can feel is if he's done this before. As if he was born for this.
"I think we are done, my heart. You are starting to waver, and I worry I am giving you too many things to remember," Emily said. "Well, the sun is still up. We could do some other... excercises," Bore said. "The sun is always up at this Glade, my love. And before I give in to any of your amorous advances, you will need to prove that you are becoming a swordsman." "But why?" "Because if you are to survive what is to come you will need to master that sword. And left to your desires the two of us would never get out of bed. Think of it as motivation," she said. "So so sex until I beat you at sword fighting?" "Hardly, I have no intention of returning to spinsterhood so quickly. But we shall leave the romance, and... other things... for our dates, and our lessons here for your swordmanship. At least until you can land a hit on me in sparring. Then I might be convinced otherwise." "So... same time, tomorrow?" he said. "I wish, my hear. But I must return to the Court. Too many things are in motion, and I still have some unresolved threads to fix. I will be here with the group on Tuesday, but I must return to the Court immediately afterwards. Hopefuly I will be back in Edinburgh Friday evening. That is if you are free to meet up." "For a date, or more training?" "I... do you promise to come train here, while I am gone?" Emily said. "Sure." "Then I would like it to be a date. I need some romance after the messiness of the Court." "How about dinner at the Khukuri? Friday evening?" Bore said. "And then back to your room, afterwards?" "If you want to." "I would love to. I will see you then, my heart. The sooner I get back to the Court, the sooner I will be able to return to you," she said. "Goodbye, Emily. Take care."
"I should probably head home, too. That took far too much out of me. Emily is a hard task-master. But I can feel myself getting stronger."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:36 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629033219-1

"Time to explore Elsewhere with the team? Or should I head to the Glade, practice my forms? I need to master the sword. Let's head to the Glade."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629033605-1

"Let's see, so we start in the Boar. This feels like being back in the gym, that first time. Shadow-boxing against the mirror." "Hey, Boss?" "What is it, X?" Bore said. "Why don't you put down that stick, and pick up a real weapon?" X said. "I'll let you know when I find one." "Look, Boss, I'm dying to be out and moving. You have no idea how boring it is being cooped up in here." "Emily wants me to practice with the practice wand," he said. "Emily's smart enough to not want to be near some newb swinging around an amazingly sharp blade. Not to mention magical, shiny and all around magnificent. That's be me." "Don't forget humble." "That too. However, she's not here. So you can't accidentally lop off her arm while she's showing you a move," X said. "I could, however, accidentally lop off my own arm." "Don't do that. I can't regenerate something that's totally gone. But the basic forms should be fine. And you need to get accustomed to my actual shape and size." "I don't know..." Bore hesitated. "Look, Boss. I'm begging you here. Your armour is as talkative as a brick, you're a professional workaholic, and I'm stuck in here with nothing to kill." "I swear, X, if you cut off anything I'm going to miss, I'll put you back in the stone again." "Sure, Boss!" X said. "So like this?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629033710-1

"I'm freeeeeee. Muahahahaha," X said. "I'm starting to regret this already," Bore said. "Sorry, just needed to get that out of the way. Adjust your grip a bit, I'm longer than you're used to." "That's what I always say, as well." "Don't be a perv. Those practice wands have a shorter hilt, the balance is different. Shift your grip down a little," X said. "I thought you couldn't teach me how to fight?" "Well... no. I can't desribe what I want you to do. But it's like sex, I know what feels right. And right now you've mucked up the balance." "So, a little... down? Like this?" he said. "Better. What doe the thing you're trying to stab look like?" "What do you mean?" "That movement from the Boar. You're stabbing up, seeking a gap under the ribcage," X said. I am?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629033739-1

"Oh yes. Fastest way to a man's heart is through his stomach. It's only 3 inches, and none of those pesky ribs to bind you on the way out," X said. "Disturbing vision, but okay," Bore said. "So who are you stabbing? Is it a knight in full armour? Some kind of tentacle monster? A roaring dragon?" "Why does it matter?" "Because the movement changes? You've got to visualize your target. Angle the sword, time the lunge. It's like that thing with the mirror you were muttering about. See your opponent," X said. "Be the sword." "You wish. Anyway, what are you fighting?" "A big bastard with a hammer," he said. "Yeah, you're not ready for that. Thor's just plain stronger than you. Better with that hammer than you are with the sword, better at magic than you are, and with the reservoir of the mantle of the God of War to pull from." "So we're just letting the scumbag off?" "Didn't say that. Just saying you need to get a lot stronger if you want to face him in a fair fight. Or just get him really drunk and chop off his head while he's sleeping it off, face-down in the dinner plate. Old Norse tradition, that," X said. "Tempting. But for now, let's see if we can do it the hard way," Bore said.
Bore practices for hours. X doesn't have Emily's meticulous attention to poise, but he's a fountain of anecdotes, advice and dirty tricks. Bore feels his mastery of the sword improving.
"Cool. I feel stronger. We should head back to the Crowley."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:40 am

"Wait, before we go. I wanted to talk to you about how you've changed recently," X said. "Since picking you up, you mean?" Bore said. "Yeah. Do you notice a difference?" "Emily said my... glow... is different. Whatever that means." "You're blind as a bat. Okay, so... notice the gems? See how the placement's changed?" X said. "Wait, it feels like I've got more power, somehow. Like a Fire2 could go into a slot for just a pair?" "Yeah, I told you I'm a bit better than a stick of wood, didn't I? The power flows smoother, and so you've got more options." "Anything else?" he said. "We've got more power to play with. I'd imagine that means you can go further on the Paths. Probably get into more trouble as well." "Neat. You mentioned Barrier? And could I just, you know, pull you out and start slashing?" "Only if you want to be returned to the Crowley in a box. Look, you ain't ready to use me as a sword. Not for Barrier, and certainly not to trade blows with a minotaur lord. For that you need more practice," X said. "Gotcha. So I need to train here, with you to get better?" "Or with your girlfriend; her armour was right, she really knows what she's doing." "I had a whole training regime planned out there, none of which involved swords," Bore said. "Too bad. Practice makes perfect. I'll let you know once you're ready for the next step in your training." "Sounds like a plan. And in the meanwhile I've got some new skills to work with."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629034035-1

"Welcome, Bore. I've been expecting you," Diana said. "Lack of alternative book stores in this town, I think," he said. "Oh, there are many book stores. But only one of them is mine." "If you say so. I was looking for a book." "What a coincidence. I have a book that's looking for you," she said. "That's a novel sales pitch, at least. What book?" "It is an old one. Be gentle with it, and remember we do not own books for ourselves, we merely keep them for our children. Or our customers, as the case may be." "So which book is it?" Bore said. "Lionel Giles's original translation of the Art of War. The original Press Proof, which had some... unfortunate typos. But it seems the right one to give to you." "And all books being equal in worth, and equal in value, it's a steal at £100, right?" "No. This book wants to be with you. I can't charge you for that. Good luck, Winter Child. You will need it," Diana said. "Wait, what did you just call me?" "Winter Child? I'm not the one who calls you that, the book is. But I see it means something to you." "Yes... yes it does. So the books speak to you?" he said. "Books speak to all of us, Bore. The only question is if we choose to listen. Now goodbye, don't forget to read the book." "I will. And thanks."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629034231-1

Bore spent most of the day in the coffee shop, reading the Art of War...

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:38 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629034951-1

"Master!" "Hi, Molly. Ready for our session?" Bore said. "For you, Master, I'm ready for anything. Anything... at all," she said. "Well, yes... we should probably be getting to the Glade." "I'm coming with you, Bore." "Chloe? But... coming with me, where?" he said. "To your meeting with the Knights of the Lake, at the Glade?" she said. "How... oh, never mind. Why, though?" "Because what happens today will echo through the world. And I have no intention of being left out on this." "You know what, Chloe... it's good to have you along. Let's go," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629035039-1

"Do you want to gear up, Master?" Molly said. "Nah, I'm good. You girls?" Bore said. "Hardly... armour's hot, smelly and uncomfortable. It's much better to just not be wherever the blow is going to land. Let some handsome young Evoker deal with that, instead," Chloe said. "I'm somewhat unsurprised," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629035106-1

"Have you given any thought to what you will do?" Chloe said. "Get strong, then beat the crap out of Thor?" Bore said. "Sounds like you need some green paint to go with your delusions. Thor is a son of a God of War. I doubt he even used much energy swatting you and Katie." "Well. I didn't say we'd hunt him down this week. But whether it's Thor, or this prophecy, we need to get stronger. I need to master Excalibur, we need to find Katie, and we need a plan to bring everyone else up as well."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629035124-1

"Now you're almost talking like a leader," Chloe said. "Thanks, I guess. Let's see if the Glade likes you today. Open up Gate," Bore said. "Yes, Promised One." "See, would it have killed you to let her through last time?" "Give up, Bore, it's a construct. It does what it's been told to do," Chloe said. "Yeah. But I'd rather my own front door at least attempted to do as it's told. Right, Gate? Sigh. Let's go find the rest," he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:17 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629035159-1

"Boss. Good to see you." "Good to see you too, Bella," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629035212-1

"Battle Healer, reporting for duty, Bore!" "Good to have you, Dylan. Have you seen Emily?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629035225-1

"I am here, my love. It is good to see you again. I missed you," she said. "I missed you too, Emily. How are you doing at Court?" Bore says. "I feel like Sisyphus, pushing the rock up the hill. But I have ensured Torman will feel at least some of the burn for this, though likely not from my Father and the Court. I did find common ground with our Allies, the Fae. They, at least, remember the last Outsider incursion." "You're a little scary sometimes. You're aware of that, Emily?" "Only when a mongrel of a God tries to kill my love," she said. "Bella, did you find Katie?" Bore said. "Nae, she's missing. I asked around, nobody's seen her in Edinburgh. Her brother's not heard from her, and Torman's gone. I'll keep looking," she said. "Crap. Okay, Bella. Your task is to find her. We need her back. Apart from that, it looks like we're all here." "Actually, boss... there's another 2 people at the Gate," X said. "What the gell is this, an open house party?" Bore said. "Some kind of demon... a fox, I think. And a human. I don't sense a Spark, but I doubt she's a normie if she's travelling with a demon." "Akane and Kitsune. I wonder what they're doing here?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629035330-1

"Greetings, Bore-dono. I was expecting to find you here," she said. "Whereas I did not expect to see you here, Akane. Nor especially you, Kitsune," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629035342-1

"In this, as in all things, I am my Mistress' servant. Mongrel," Kitsune said. "Charmed. So, Akane, what brings you here?" Bore said. "I told you before... I must aid you in whatever happens. And what is about to happen beyond these gates... it echoes through the possible futures," Akane said. "Crap. Okay, you guys better join us, then."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:54 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629035420-1

"Thank you for accepting us. Greetings, Lady Sorceress. Princess. The last two of our group is unknown to me, as of yet," Akane said. "Dylan is our battle healer, Bella a Werewolf Hunter. Guys, this is Katashi Akane, a Seer who seems intent on signing up with The..." Bore said. "... Knights of the Lake. Is it not? I have heard that name whispered in my dreams. Now I understand what it means. The potential gathered here. Today may be a day remembered. In fme, or infamy." "Just once I'd like a prophecy that goes 'everything will be fine, you're totally getting laid tonight."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629035505-1

"It is all going to be fine. And you are totally getting... laid. On Friday," Emily whispered. "Close enough," Bore said. "So, Boss... what do we do?" Bella said. "We need to rescue Katie. We've been drawing blanks, but with a Katashi Seer's help we should be able to find her," he said. "Katie-dono? Likely. She is not... hard... to pick out from the Stream. Where did you last see her?" Akane said. "Right before Thor tried to kill me, and broke my link to magic." "I... see. But... nevermind." "So. Katie?" Bore said. "I... I see her. She's not far. West Coast of Scotland, I think. She is unharmed. Angry, but unharmed." "Well, the angry could just be the pub being out of booze. Bella, does that ring any belles?" "Aye. The Farm is out west, in Bellanoch. It's the Maclachlan family seat," Bella said. "Thor did mention he was going to drop her off there. Could they be holding her?" "Could be, yes. Likely is. One of the few places in Scotland that could keep her, if she didnae wanna stay." God dammit. Okay, we need to get her back. Any bright ideas?" Bore said. "Aye. I ken someone that'll be just as keen as you are to get her out. I'll have a chat with him," Bella said. "Sounds like a plan. Emily, I need to learn to use X properly. Will you train with me?" "Of course, my heart. Shall we meet here on Sunday? I will be gone until Friday, but... if you want to start early, we can," the Princess said. "No. Absolutely not. Sunday is fine." "Then we shall meet here, Sunday morning. Beware, dear Stallion. You will find me a harsh task mistress." "Oh yes, miss," he said. "Could we meet here, nest Tuesday? Just you, me and... Princess Pendragon?" Akane said. "We're all here right now, you know." "Which is, I fear, the heart of the problem. We are all here. Would it be okay if the three of us meet up next week?" "I'm fine. Emily?" Bore said. "Of course, my heart. Then we shall see you here, Tuesday evening, Katashi-dono," Emily said. "Okay, that's settled," he said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:06 am

"Weird. There's some kind of comotion downstairs. I should probably go check it out. Maybe something needs to be set on fire?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629040426-1

"Bore. Have you seen Katie? She's missing. Bella was looking for her, but she wouldn't tell me why," Keith said. "Yeah. We're... we're trying to find her," Bore said. "What mess did she get into this time?" "I don't know. I know she's stuck at a compound in Bellanoch, but apart from that..." "When did you see her last?" Keith said. "Right before your grandfather tried to murder me?" "That is quite an accusation, Evoker. Are you certain you want to pursue that line of thinking?" "Believe it or not. Last I saw of Katie was Torman electocuting her," Bore said. "... what do you mean? What happened to Sis? And why would Thor... Torman... do something like that?" "She was trying to stop him from killing me. He swatted her aside like a child." "He would, yes. Katie isn't anywhere near ready to stand up to him. You sem remarkably healthy for someone the son of the God of War tried to kill," Keith said. "I had help. But he came far to close, the only reason I survived was because he wanted plausible deniability. If my father asked, he wanted to be able to say he didn't kill me." "And who is your father, that... Torman... would fear him?" "Not sure. Torman said he was a hard God, and a vengeful one. That probably limits our suspects a bit," Bore said. "To Gods strong enough that Thor would worry about them, and... bloody minded enough... that even a Norse God would consider them hard. Yes, that rather limits the pool. Any idea what he did to Katie?" "He said she's understand, once she woke up back in Bellanoch. But I would have assumed she'd be back here, if all he did was drop her off at home." "Crap. That means she's in the Icebox, and Gran isn't letting her out," Keith said. "What the hell is the Icebox?" "Well. It's... family business, really. But I guess you're already neck deep in family business. Look, sometimes things can get a wee bit heated, and someone needs to spend some time to cool off. Without getting outsiders involved." "So you guys have a private prison, to go with your private army. Designed to hold Evokers," Bore said. "Prison's... uncharitable. It's just, you know... one of the old cottages, souped up a little by Gran. It would nae hold Katie if she really started tearing into it, but I dunnae think she wants a fight with Uncle. So she'll stay put until they let her out." "Until she agree Torman did the right thing in trying to murder her friend? She's gonna be in there a while, isn't she?" "Yeah. And I dunnae think anyone expects her to... agree. Just cool down enough that they can trust she's not gonna go for his throat," Keith said. "Which is... when?" "A long feckin' time. Sis ain't known for her mild and forgiving temper. Crap." "We need to get her out," Bore said. "Did ye nae hear? She's in the Icebox, on the Farm. It would be easier to break her out of Montrose or Bass Rock. I cannae involve the Squad, this is personal business." "What a coincidence, since it's personal for me as well. She's one of my Companions, and she stood up to a god for me. I'm not leaving her to rot in a jail cell." "And... what are you suggesting?" Keith said. "We break he out, of course. You know the place, Bella to scout. Maybe Chloe or Molly in case the Voices have something to add. And me. Anything we can't outfight we can outrun." "How do we get her out? I can probably break the door with fire, but there's no way we're doing that without the entire Farm knowing." "I've got a sword that can cut through anything. Should let us do this silently," Bore said. "You're using me as a can opener?" the sword said. "Shut up, X." "Like a vorpal blade, or something?" Keith said. "Or something, yeah. So... if we can break her out, what happens?" Bore said. "Then... then we're stuck with the same problem they've got. A pissed off Katie with a grudge against a God. And no Icebox to put her in." "I'll deal with that. But will your family come after us?" "For breaking her out? Nah, most of them would buy you a beer. The Clan lives for capers and good war stories. Just as long as she doesn't go off half-cocked, and gets herself killed chasing some vendett. Cause if that happens..." Keith said. "Yeah. I get it. There's a queue, grab a ticket. But I'm not going to let Katie rot in jail, and I'm not letting Torman kill her." "So what do you suggest? We just... get the train to Bellanoch on Friday before the pub opens, break her out, be back in time for happy hour? You're talking about the Farm, the center of the Clan's power." "No, I've got plans for Friday. Let's do it Saturday morning. Chloe, are you in?" Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629040627-1

"In for what, Bore?" she said. "Oh, don't give me that... we both know you've been listening to the conversation," he said. "Perhaps. So, a raid on the Clan compoud. Sounds fun." "So, are you up for it? Molly gas more raw power, but I think you're likely more in tune with the Voices." "One hopes, most sincerely. Molly's treating the Voices like a 6 year old treats her parents, and that's likely to lead to bad places." "I'm thinking we meet up here, Saturday morning, walk through Elsewhere, and exit at the stone circle in Bellanoch," Bore said. "So the rumours are true, and you have a Portal here? Yeah, that'd do it... we can grab a shortcut through the Paths, exiting at the Circle. We'd be 10 minutes walk from the Farm," Keith said. "So, Chloe?" "Oh, why not. It'll be fun. So you, me, Keith here... who else?" Chloe said. "Bella. This is personal for her, too." "Shit. So we're actually doing this?" Keith said. "Oh, yes. Let Bella know for me, would you. Saturday morning we're kicking off." "I gues. I'll see you guys here, then." "I should get ready. Who knows what we might bump into," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:52 am

"Okay, we're done for tonight. You're getting better, but you're too prone to lunge into the stroke," X said. "Why is it a bad idea?" Bore said. "Makes you predictable." "And predictability is death, Emily said." "Smart girl, that. Never let them guess what you're doing. Sometimes you pull, sometimes you push," X said. "Yeah, makes sense. Unarmed is the same, though the cost of screwing up isn't as harsh."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629040859-1

Bore spends time reading at the coffeeshop.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629040938-1

"Evening, Squire." "It's night already. And who are you?" Bore said. "Are you into... music, Squire? Nudge, nudge... know what I mean? Music, eh?" "I love music, yeah." "I bet ya do, I bet ya do, I bet ya do, Music, eh. Maybe a bit of singing, eh. Right, Squire? Singing?" "Sure, a good song can totally cheer you up," Bore said. "Cheer you up! Squire... say no more! A nudge's as good as a wink, to a blind Evoker, eh? Eh?" "Are you selling something? Gems, perhaps?" "Gems he says, eh. Good one, Squire, good one. Gems, of all things. Oh, you're a sly one, Squire, know what I mean?" "Are you insinuating something?" Bore said. "Maybe?" "What?" "Oh, don't worry squire. You'll hear. Right? Nudge, nudge... know what I mean? Hear, right?" "Okay, I'm oficcialy done here. Goodbye," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629041136-1

"I doubt anything's happening today. But I should check it out, I guess. Who knows, maybe Katie's cooled off enough that they've let her out. Miracle do happen. But there are major and minor miracles, and Katie forgiving Torman for electrocuting her and trying to kill me may well be up there with walking on water."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629041149-1

"For that matter, what do I actually do if I just... run into Torman here at the University. Would he just go for my throat in public? A full scene out of O.K. Corral? I hope not, I'm not ready to face him. Escpecially not alone. Let's see."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629041206-1

"Nah, nobody here. Which is honestly more or less as expected. Though this has to be the weirdest college course I've ever seen."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:48 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629041215-1

"Looks like there ain't nobody here. Figures." "Who were you looking for?" Bore said. "A couple of young uns. Katie Maclachlan and some American brat." "That would be me. "Ye don't look like a Katie. Or a Maclachlan either, for that matter. But it's 2019, ain't my business what ye call yerself. Welcome to the course, Katie." "No, I'm Bore. The American brat?" he said. "That makes sense, yeah. The hair wasnae right for a Maclachlan. Welcome to the course then, Bore." "Indeed. And who are you?" "William T. Booker for my sins. I'm supposed to be teching a class for a pair of Evokers," the professor said. "Oh, you were the one struck by lightning, right?" "Aye...?" "Sorry, it seems to be a common occurrence around here," Bore said. "Issit, now... And how would ye know of this, young mister Bore?" "You'll excuse me, Professor Booker, if I keep that to myself. I have had decidedly mixed experiences with teachers here." "Oh? Ah, they tossed ye into the thot class, didn't they. With Sarah. I could see how that would colour yer view of the University," Booker said. "And then there was Torman..." "Aye, the substitute? Sadly I never got a chance to meet him." "Oh, I'm pretty sure you did. He's a lightning specialist. Long red hair, carries a big-ass hammer. Likes to hit people from behind," Bore said. "Does he now. And does this Mister... Torman... have any other names? Any one-eyed relatives?" "Haven't met his father, but likely, yes." "And why would... Torman... have such a shocking desire to teach this course?" Booker said. "His grand-daughter is the other student." "Maclachlan? Aye. That makes a certain amount of sense. Her father was a lightning specialist as well. Good man, though his handwriting was atrocious. But I taught both Katie's brother and their father. And nobody bothered to send me to the Royal Infirmary so they could step in. So what changed?" "Between Sarah and Torman you will excuse me if I have trust issues with the teachers," Bore said. "And what did Sarah do to you, son?" Because all I know is that she snapped, and tried to stab Doctor Wong in the eye with a letter opener." "Yes." "Sadly it wasn't the Dean, or I might have let her get away with it. But that doesn't answer what she did to you, in particular. The thots are a nuisance, but they're largely not evil," Booker said. "The Circle works for Evokers, did you know that?" "That information is... not widely advertised. Sarah certainly shouldn't know, or she would have been humping my leg like a terrier in heat." "Yeah, well. She found out. and evidently had too much sense to try humping Torman. So she tried to blackmail me, instead," Bore said. "Blackmail ye, huh. And just how did she find out?" "Did you know they've got recording equipment in DGN1?" "No. But it is unsurprising. Always a market for naked girls. The market for naked girls dancing for monsters is smaller, but perhaps even more dedicated for it. And just what did they record?" Booker said. "Me accidentally giving a girl power. A lot of power." "And Sarah wanted in on the act, I take it." "Yeah. I played along. Gave her enough magic to knock her out, then left her naked and passed out in DGN1," Bore said. "That's a bit rough." "Possibly. But blackmailing your students is a bit rough as well. Anyway, I only gave her a full house, that shouldn't have..." "... mind-broken her, and turned her psychotic?" Booker said. "Oh, I'm pretty certain she was already psychotic. Just better at hiding it. But I've given more magic to... well." "To whatever little Ceremonial Magician ye're fucking?" "Let's go with maybe, for the sake of your argument," Bore said. "Is this a regular thing?" "Wait, are you quizzing me on my sex-life?" "A bit late to be prude about this. Have ye given more magic to yer thot," Booker said. "She isn't a thot. Not anymore." "No, I guess once you pop the seal they're not much use at that. Answer my question, Evoker." "Yes. She's drawn magic from me. A lot of times. Happy?" Bore said. "I just found out the son of the Norse God of War put me in hospital for several weeks. I'm pretty fucking far from happy. But I'm trying to get to the bottom of this mess." "Why?" "Just who do ye think handles magical security for the University?" Booker said. "You?" "Yes. I was investigating some weirdness, out on Calton Hill, when something hit me. Like the hammer of a god from behind." "Yeah, I know the feeling," Bore said. "Do ye, now? Well. I woke up in the Infirmary two days later, having had enough electricity to light yup London run through my system. Took a fucking month to get the spasms under control. When I find fucking... Torman... I'm going to ram his hammer so far up his arse he'll be burping nails." "Okay, so you're the magic cop." "And teach Evoker class. When there is one, which isn't often. So thi ex-thot of yers, it's a regular thing?" Booker said. "I'd say it's definitely a long-term relationship. Why?" "Because her capacity likely grew with yer output. At the matriculation, the proctor rated you as a low-power Evoker. Yes had the Spark, but it wasn't anything specatular for an Evoker yer age." "And now?" Bore said. "And now ye shine. We need to teach ye some emission discipline, or ye'l start drawing really bad things when ye're in Elsewhere." "Emission discipline?" "It's possible to hide part of your Spark, Boss. If you have spare power, at least. Normally people don't... it's like a dick measuring competition. But the Poweres almost always do, or they'd stick out too easly," X said. "I see," Bore said. "I've never seen an Evoker as young as ye, with that level of Spark. And if that growth happened over 2 months... ye likely have no real idea how much power ye use," Booker said. "So Molly is used to this, is what you're saying. And Sarah..." "Whereas Sarah thought she was ready for what you were packing, and wasn't How much magic did ye give her?" "A full house? Not really that much. Molly can take much more," Bore said. "How much is a Full House? In terms of Thaums?" "Absolutely no idea. How do I know?" "Your teacher shows ye. Or at least was supposed to. I don't assume Torman's been doing a whole lot of teaching, has he?" Booker said. "Not really, no. Some history, and him occasionally yelling at us for killing his pet hellhound. But not much actual teaching." "Unsurprising. Structure and patience are rarely the strong suits of a god. Okay, once Katie shows up we'll see how we can structure the course better." "I don't think she's coming. Last time I saw her, Torman had electrocuted her, and was dragging her back to Bellanoch," Bore said. "And what did ye do?" "You expected me to be attacking a god?" Oh yes. Ye wouldn't be much use as an Evoker if ye didn't," Booker said. "I was busy dying, okay? Thor hit me from behind, electocuted me, and broke my link to Magic." "Ye seem remarkably spirited for a corpse. Most of the ones I've dispatched could barely string together a sentence." "I got better. Why the hell am I telling you this, anyway?" Bore said. "Because I'm a good listener?" "You're an annoying little asshole." "That's part of it. So. Ye're growing too fast, found the Evoker's loophole..." Booker said. "The what?" "The trick with the summoning circle. Ye're hardly the first Evoker to get laid that way, but we will keep shut about it. Do ye understand?" "Indeed. Evoker's honor," Bore said. "Good. Thousands of desperate and ageing camwhores chasing ye for scraps of power woul get old. Fast." "Yeah, even one was too much." "So. After accidentally mind-breaking yer teacher, ye then witness Katie being abducted by a god. Am I correct so far?" Booker said. "Largerly, yeah." "And when ye try to stop him, he puts ye down and... breaks yer link to Magic?" "No. He took me down first, same way he did you. Hit me from behind with the hammer, busted my ribs and shut down my system with lightning. When Katie tried to stop him, she got electrocuted," Bore said. "I... see. And then he broke yer link? Because ye seem to have an extremely lively Spark, which should have burned ye to ashes in an hour or so without a focus. It's a rather unique Spark. Golden. So... what's powerful enough to be the focus of that much power? Ye're only making this more fun. There are artefacts that might be strong enough. A few weapons, at least one suit of armour. Some medallions. Which is it? Longinus? Svalinn? Excalibur... ah. Ye've got the worst poker face ever." "fudge you, too." "I imagine the sword would make things awkwards with Crown Princess Pendragon, wouldn't it? She's your classmate in thot class, I beleve," Booker said. "Keep Emily out of this. I should have known better than to talk to a cop." "Yes, ye should. So. Excalibur has returned. Not a god sign. Is it related to that godawful Convergence a couple of weeks ago?" "No that was... something else. Nimue's work," Bore said. "So there's more than one event of that magnitude happening. And both connected to ye. Almost makes me worry." "Perhaps you should. The Katashi certainly do." "Are they now. That would explain the fox demon I feel wandering around campus," Booker said. "How do I sense things like that?" "Ye open your eye?" "Very useful," Bore said. "I'm serious. Ye close yer outer eyes, open yer inner eye. It takes a bit of practice, but we'll get to it." "Will we?" "Of course. Did ye honestly think this course was supposed to be just blackmail and murder? Of our student, I mean? Trust me, by the end of this semester we'll have ye opening yer third eye, and seeing the unseen," Booker said. "So what do we do now?" "Ye mean our shared desire to remove Thor's liver from his body?" "With a spoon. But seriously, we're talking about vengeance on a god," Bore said. "Wouldn't be the first time. Though I will say Thor's a bit out of my normal social circle. Well, you know what they say..." "... a man's judged by his enemies?" "Indeed. Heard that one before, I take it. For a kid ye're certainly picking up some impressive ones," Booker said. "I mean, what do we do now?" "Now I go verify some things. Not that I don't believe ye, kid, but there are old Evokers and trusting Evokers. There are no old, trusting Evokers." "And then?" Bore said. "I like yer confidence. Then we get back my student, get even with the son of the God of War, and avert Armageddon. Probably in that order." "Cool. What's next?" "I'll see ye next Thursday. Unless I find ye've been lying to me. Then I'll finfd ye sooner. Ye'll forgive me if I'm not feeling in a forgiving mod right now," Booker said. "And if I find you continue the proud heritage of the Professors I've had so far, hopefully you'll forgive me when I find you, and blast you off this ball of dirt." "I like yer spirit, kid. Though yer a hundred years too early. I'll see ye on Thursday." "Indeed," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629041952-1

"Hello, Bore. How goes the world of magic?" Olivia said. "I was just going to settle in here to do some studying," he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:53 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629042123-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629042144-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629042155-1

"This is really weird. No sender, no text in the email. Just a link to a music file. I should play it, I guess? What... is this? This is really weird." "Actually, it's kinda catchy. Did I get a bastard, when I need..." "Don't you dare, X. Where the hell did this come from?" Bore said. "No idea, boss. Oh, I'm loving the refrain... Mister, I'll make a King out of you... The guy totally gets me, and I totally get him," X said. "I'm glad you're happy, X. I'll leave it on for you, for now."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629044241-1

"Greetings, my heart," Emily said. "I love that dress. I guess that means we're not going to Arthur's Seat today," Bore said. "No, I think not. How about the Khukuri?" "Sounds good, I love the food there."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629044301-1

"I was talking to your girlfriend, Bore. She has caused... quite a ruckus at the Court. And in Tir na nÒg," Chloe said. "And how on earth would you know that?" he said. "I am hardly without my own sources at Court, Bore. I told you, information is life to a Sorceress." "What did they say?" "Nothing that did not need saying, my love. I would not worry about it," Emily said. "Okay." "I thought calling the Council of Nobles spineless fools was a nice touch," Chloe said. "Oh?" "That was a closed meeting, how... Oh, never mind. I am somewhat comstrained by what I can and cannot reveal. But there is little doubt that the Outsiders are returning, and that Thor plans to push us in front of the stampede to save his own hide. Those idiots bicker and argue, as if this is just politics as usual," Emily said. "And the Fae?" Bore said. "The Fae are angry. They have their own sources, and it appears this is not the only move Torman has made against the Court. Some are still alive who remember Arthur's sacrifice." "Are you going back?" "No. I have done all I could. Possibly more than I should. I have made enemies this week that will cause me trouble in the long run. But I could do no less, that whoreson came far too close to killing you. And he intends to destroy my Court," she said. "What enemies?" "Lord Sebastian Jerkow, the younger brother of my late and unmourned fiance. He is the current head of the Council of Nobles. I believe he's trying to pressure my father to give him my hand." "Not happening," Bore said. "No, it most definitely is not. As such, he is likely an enemy I woul have made one way or another. While he is not personally powerful, he has his coterie of supporters and hanger-ons, and his political allies. Father is most displeased with me, and has ordere me to stay here in the Old World to cool down, away from the Court." "Harsh punishment." "Indeed. I have no idea how I will fare, pining away in exile in dreary Edinburgh, far from the glitz and glamour of the Court. With no friends or companions," Emily said. "And only uncouth commoners to keep you company." "I know. And a Colonial at that. Well, a Princess of the Blood has the dignity to suffer exile in silence. Shall we walk over to the restaurant?" "As your ladyship commands," he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:18 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629044401-1

"It is good to be back again. With you," Emily said. "You didn't miss the Court?" Bore said. "Somewhat? I met up with some of my tutors, and trained with the knights. It was good to spend time with them again. But my purpose of going to the Court was not a happy one." "You don't need to fight my fights for me, Emily." 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629044411-1

"Your fight is my fight, my heart. And even if it was not, Torman just tried to cripple the Court before an enemy attack. By all rights, that is an act of war," she said. "So why aren't they listening?" he said. "Because the do not want to? And because there is much I cannot tell. If I mention Nimue, I must mention the Lake. If I mention Torman trying to kill you, I must say who you are. And my Father would be most displeased at a challenger to the Throne." "Why not tell him the truth?" " That my boyfriend is the Winter King, the King to Come, the final step in Merlin's plan? Nimue, and the Lake? That you are destined to take the Throne in Exile? And incidentally, I am no longer a virgin?" Emily said. "No. So what did you tell them?" "Other things I have found out. From my own sources, or from the Fae. Money changing hands, meetings that should not have happened. At least one case of minor sabotage. But you are the centerpiece." "Oh dear," Bore said. "Do not worry. I described you as an intelligence asset. I fear my father's little dove has become quite the hawk while in exile." "So I'm an intelligence asset, now?" "Why not? You certainly are intelligent. And you have many assets. Hopefully you will show me some tonight," she said. "I will certainly do my best. Sounds like you've been busy." "I fear it is not enough. Torman wil escape this with no more than a stern word from his father." "He won't escape us, though. We just need to free Katie, and shift into training gear," he said. "Indeed. Speaking of which... did you train at the lake, while I was gone?" "Of course."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629044515-1

"Thank you, my love. That sword is far too likely to be the difference between you surviving this, or not. You must master it," Emily said. "I will. Will you practice with me, as well?" Bore said. "Of course, my love. Call me when you want to head out to the Lake, and I would be pleased to join you." "Okay, I will. For now, shall we order?" "Of course. What would you like to try today?" she said. "What's Grundruk?" "Fermented vegetables, a little like Kimchi. You would not have it o its own. Maybe we can order some Chula and rice to go with it?" "Sounds awesome, let's do it," he said.
"That was wonderful, my heart. Thank you so much for dinner," Emily said. "Always a pleasure," Bore said. "There is something we need to talk about, my love." "Oh dear." "No, it's nothing bad. At least I do not think you would consider it bad. We need to talk about Molly," she said. "I haven't done anything to her, not since giving her that spanking." "Which is what we need to talk about. It is not fair on her; she is your Chosen, and without her... without her, you would have died. I feel guilty enjoying my date, knowing she is all alone." "So you are giving me permision to take he out?" he said. "No. I'm giving you an order, dearest. Take care of your Chosen, she deserves better than either of us has been doing for her." "Yes, your Highness." "Good. And with my conscience thus assuaged, perhaps we can move o to my needs. Our needs. Shall we go?" Emily said. "Sure. Let me pick up the bill." "I would be happy to pay, my love. Well, to let the embassy pay, rather. I have a representation budget, I ight as well use it. We did talk Court business." "It's still a date. My world, my rules," Bore said. "If you insist, Bore. Shall we go?" "Sure, let's head back to the Crowley. That is, if you haven't changed your mind." "Never. I have missed the scent of your hair, the feel of your skin. Let us go," she said. "No need to tell me twice."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:19 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629044648-1

"It is strange. Barely two months here, and already the streets of the Grassmarket feel almost as familiar as the Court," Emily said. "Home is where your heart is, I guess," Bore said. "Then my home is with you." "Keep that thought. Here we are."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629044659-1

"Greetings, Bore. Welcome to my home, Princess." "Hi, Chloe. Everything okay in the pub?" he said. "It's a slow day, nothing I can't handle. I'll see you guys tomorrow," she said. "See you, Chloe."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629044715-1

"We have returned, my love. But it feels like the world has moved while we were gone. Can you remember our first homework here?" Emily said. "Indeed. You looked so cute in that innocent underwear, Bore said. "And now I return. Not as innocent any more." "Oh, you're still pretty innocent. Especially compared to Molly or Katie." "Indeed. So, what do you want to do tonight?" she said. "Could you come here?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629044743-1

"I am unsused to looking down at you, like this," she said. "Well, my view is nice at least," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629044759-1

"What are you doing, you foolish man?" Emily said. "Enjoying the feeling. Your breasts feel wonderful. And your smell. I could stay here the whole night," Bore said. "Whereas I had somewhat more lewd plans. If you will let me get out of this dress." "Don't let me stop you." "I did not think you would," she said. "I could watch you like that forever."

https://ibb.co/XCgRGmL

"This woul go faster if you let me undress in peace," she said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:03 pm

"I have missed you. Missed this. But now I want out of this dress. It is... restricting me," Emily said.
Reluctantly Bore lets her go, and she quickly strips down.

https://ibb.co/FJf7q2C

"There. I finally escaped that dress," she said. "You look magnificent, with or without the dress," Bore said. "Shall we go riding again?" "Not today. This time, let me do the work. Could you sit down on the bed?"

https://ibb.co/ByZdtw4

"Like this? What is so fascinating about my foot?" Emily said. "I love how it catches the light, the curve of the arch, the lines of your calf," Bore said. "You finally get me naked into your bed, and you waste time obsessing over my foot?" "I'll spend time obsessing over every part of you. The foot happened to be close. And I've always found women's feet to be pretty." "Dearest pervert," she said. "Oh yes. I wonder how it tastes."

https://ibb.co/Mprf7Kp

"How strange... even playing with my foot seems to have made you hard," Emily said. "Don't stop, that feel nice," Bore said. "What? Stroking your thing with my foot?" "Oh yes. And the view is spectaculat as well."

https://ibb.co/vmfb9T1

"That feels nice. Living, in some way. Do go on," Emily said. "I will," Bore said.

https://ibb.co/Y7g7yq1

"Come, my love. I want to feel you deep inside me," she said.

https://ibb.co/xMBgfcY
https://ibb.co/HrCJdnv

"That feels so different than last time. So gentle. It feels... wonderful," Emily said. "You feel wonderful as well," Bore said.

https://ibb.co/5c7HSBm
https://ibb.co/RBfzwMD
https://ibb.co/XVLhRRR

"I love you," he said.

https://ibb.co/y5006Jq

"I love laying here with you, but I think I had better go clean up," Emily said. "Why?" Bore said. "Because your... juices... are starting to drip, and I do not want to make your bed a sticky mess. I intend to sleep here." "Don't be too long."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:12 am

https://ibb.co/Ct3Cvnd

"I could get used to this. Hot sex, sleeping together, then waking up together the next morning. Emily's quite quick... I hear her returning already."

https://ibb.co/Wsq5tQF

"I'm back my, love. What is that expression due to?" she said. "Jst sad you're all dressed," he said. "Hardly all dressed. And considering Chloe's tendency of bursting in unannounced, I have no intention of sleeping bare naked." "Probably a good plan."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629045427-1

"It's good to wake up like this. Sadly, nature is calling. Now I just need to... untangle myself. Without waking Emily up."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629045435-1

"That was nice. Well, the time at the lake was nice as well. But it was good to have just a quiet, romantic date for ourselves. Like a normal couple. Without the Court, or murderous gods or demons. Without having to think about the end of the world, or prophecy. Though, even for that date there were still some rather unusual elements. Emily mentioned she had made enemies, this week. And I get the feeling that these are not the kind of enemies that write passive-aggressive email to HR. I wonder what I can do to help he." "You can scare the bejeesus out of them, for starters," X said. "The Nobles at the Court? I doubt it, somehow. Aren't they all Arthurian knights, trained from childhood in the art of the sword?" Bore said. "Well, I guess some of them might be, even now. But most of the Nobles are political these days. The Knights are drawn from the low ranking nobility and yeomanry. The Nobles Emily is talking about have better things to do with their time than sweating in the sun." "A socienty that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thining done by cowards and its fighting by fools." "Thucydides. huh. I remember Aristotle wouldn't stop yapping about him. I probably would not let Emily hear you refer to her fellow knights as fools, or you'll be sleeping alone for a while," X said. "Did you know Aristotle?" "Somewhat. He taught Alexander, whenever he could get him to listen. Which wasn't often. But I never spoke to him, if that's what you're asking." "It must be fascinating, having lived through all that. To remember all these characters," Bore said. "Great leaders gather great people. But Aristotle, or Alexander, were men before they were legends. They'd have their days, their flaws, their failures. Imagine if someone, two thousand years from now, asks about Chloe? Or Molly, gods forbid." "Unlikely to happen. We're a bunch of children, playing in someone else's treehouse. None of this would be happening with out Merlin, or Arthur. Or my father, whoever he is." "We all stand o the shoulders of those who came before us, but ultimately you are responsible for what is to come. It is quite possible our actions here will echo into history, just as Alexander's did," X said. "Or?" "Or youend up stopping a hammer with your forehead. All my wielders have been great people, but not always great successes. And most of them had either more allies, or at least les visious enemies, than you do." "Cheerful thought. Anyway, I'd better go find Emily," Bore said.

https://ibb.co/jhCLyMC

"Good morning, my heart. I was wondering when you would return to me," she said. "Now that is a sight I could get used to," he said. "Is looking all you intend to do with me? And here I was hoping we could... practice... some more. Come to bed with me." "Your wish is my command, Princess."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:09 am

There was a double tap knock on the door...
"Time to wake up, Bore." "Gods damn it... Chloe, what is it now?" he said. "Keith and Bella are here. We've got an Evoker to rescue from an Icebox," she said. "Oh. fudge. That's today?" "Yes." "It is, isn't it? Damn, Emily, I'm so sorry," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629045606-1

"What are Bella and Katie's brother doing here? And what did Chloe mean about rescuing an Evoker? Were you planning to go after Katie?" she said. "Yes, I'd forgotten it was this morning. I'm really sorry, Emily," Bore said. "Without. Me." "Look, this is Clan business. You could get hurt." "And you could not?" Emily said. "Bella and Keith are Clan. And Chloe can..." "... take care of herself." "Thank you Chloe. Would you mind not listening in on this?" he said. "Not at all. I'll see you downstairs. Have fun!" Chloe said. "Look, Emily. The Clan hates the Court. Hates your father, and by extension you. If you're caught there, I don't know what they'll do." "And? They have already tried to kill you once. Let someone else go. Kitsune should get along well with them, inbred homicidal idiots play well together." "The Clan isn't Torman. And I need to do this. She's locked up because she tried to defend me," Bore said. "You would not have been there if it weren't for her. She led you to him." "Oh, Torman would have found another way to sucker me into Elsewhere without her. All he needed to do was to tell me to go with him as a homework assignment. But Katie chose to attack a god, for my sake." "And if the catch you?" Emily said. "You know where I'm going. If we're not back, raise hell. Bring the Hunt." "I would, yes." "But you can't do that if you're caught with us, my love," he said. "You are only saying that to keep me behind. To keep me safe. I am not made of porcelain, Bore. I will not be put on a shelf to collect dust." "No, I swear I won't do that. But bringing you adds unique risks, leaving you behind offers unique advantages. Surely you can recognize that? I love you." "Why could I not have fallen in love with a normal person? Some boring noble, whose greatest fixation was his wineyard or his horses," she said. "None were worthy of you." "Yes. Only you. So come back to me, Evoker. Or I will bring the Hunt, pull down their hovel, brick by brick, and stack them on their graves." "I will, don't worry. We'll be back by dinner. With Katie."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629045728-1

"Stay safe, my heart," Emily said. "I'll see you soon. Now I've got to fee a Companion," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629045742-1

"Domestic squabble all sorted out?" Chloe said. "Remind me that next time we go rescue Katie from prison, we don't do it after my date.night?" Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629045759-1

"So Emily was here, huh. She's not coming, right?" Bella said. "No. I figured she's not be the best person to bring to the Farm. The Maclachlans seem to have issues with the Court," Bore said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629045818-1

"The relationship soured, after Dad passed away. He was quite close to them, but he was close to a lot of people. That was when Eila was Queen, though. These days... there's little love lost between us now. Erec is a hard man to love," Keith said. "Nobody seems to like him much," Bore said. "Erec is a bigot and an asshole, weak on big issues and a tyrant on small ones. Lady Eila made him a better man than he deserved ro be." "Did you know her? Emily's mother, I mean?" "Some. I traveled with Dad sometimes. Before I signed up, I thought I had all the time in the world, to be a wandering Paladin like him, friends at every court, a seaat at every fire," Keith said. "And then?" "And then he died. Alone, without the support he needed. I pushed myself through Uni, graduated a year early. Then I signed up with the Special Mage Services. The army never has enough Evokers, and this way I get the help I need to protect people, properly." "And Katie?" Bore said. "Katie doesnae have the discipline for the Army. She's more like Dad. Bella's been telling me about your little group, the Knights of the Lake. I'm glad you guys are there for her. Someone to stand by her, and help her. Someone who's got her back." "Speaking of which..." "We've got a friend to rescue. Let's go," Bella said. "Indeed," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:19 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629045901-1

"What the fudge are you wearing? Did I not just get you proper Militia gear?" Keith said. "Yeah, but this feels right, somehow. Like it was made for me," Bore said. "You look like a poncy noble like that. And where the hell did you get hold of armour like that? Is that real Schwartalf work?" "A gift from my father, I think." "Lucky bastard. All mine gave me was red hair and a used Toyota," Keith said. "Everyone ready?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629045931-1

"I will be waiting for you to return, my love," Emily said. "We'll be back in no time," Bore said. "I'll take good care of him, Your Highness," Keith said. "Hey, I can take care of myself, thank you very much." "I shall hold you to that, Captain. Bring him home safely. Or may the heavens have mercy on the clan, for I will have none," Emily said. "We'll be fine," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629045852-1

"I'll bring him back, Emily. On my oath, and my life. Don't worry," Bella said. "Look, we're going to pick up our friend. It'll be fine. Emily, I love you. We'll be home in time for happy hour," Bore said. "See that you are, my love. I will see you back here, soon," Emily said. "Let's go," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629045957-1

"Your girlfriend is somewhat scary, Bore," Keith said. "Sometimes. Mostly she's really sweet," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629050009-1

"She was raised to rule, Bore. You would be wise to remember that, in the days to come," Chloe said. "As if I'd ever forget it," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 7 20220629050021-1

"Okay. I'll take point. Chloe, stay with Bore. Keith, take the rear guard. I know a shortcut there, it ain't far. Anyway, most things would prefer not to tangle with a pair of Evokers.Though Defilers ain't known for their brains, and one might mistake us for prey long enough to regret it," Bella said. "It's your show, Bella. Lead the way," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next