Saturn Reads Tarot
Saturn Reads Tarot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Donate Here

Ads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 Empty Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:12 am

First topic message reminder :

This is a visual novel. The setting is an Arthurian legend taking place in our time. Meet the pantheon and mythology of several cultures mixed together - including the Norse, Celt, Aztec and Japanese.
The NSFW screenshots will be hidden behind a link and password. Don't have it, you can ask me  Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 1f609
You know the deal, click on images to enlarge, click on links and use password to view the naughty stuff.
And without further ado, let us begin the story

Bore's home in the United States

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628003120-1

"Oh... I can't believe it, my little baby is all grown up and leaving me." "Look, I'm 21. And I'm just going to college for my graduate stidies, not running away to join the Foreign Legion," Bore said. "But... but... it's in another country. Surely there must be nice collegues here in America you could go to? Maybe here in Frostburg, so you could still live at home?" "You know I love you Mom. But I really want to go there, they've got some really interesting courses that aren't offered here in the US. And they did offer me a full scholarship." "Yes, and I'm very proud of you. I can't remember if you told me... what was it awarded for?" she said. "Oh, I won it playing poker." "Oh, you're such a joker. So much like your father, God bless his soul. He could always bring a smile to my face no matter how sad I felt." "Mom... please don't stat crying. The cab will be here in a few minutes," he said. "You're ll I've got left from your father. And now you're leaving me, too." "Mom, he died before I was born. I know he meant a lot to you, but you've got to think about yourself as well." "He was... he wa one of a kind," she said. "You know I'll always be there for you, Mom." "(sniff) Anyway. Remember to call my friend the moment you touch down in England, okay?" "I'm going to Scotland, Mom," Bore corrected his mother. "Same thing. About my friend... do you have her phone number? Do you even remember her name?" "Og course, Mom." "That's good. And don't forget your computer," she said. "Laptop, Mom. Don't worry, I'm just charging it, so I've got something to do on the flight." "It's really nice that even on the plane you'll be studying. Such a good boy." "I doubt I'll be working. Just playing games and relaxing on the long flight," he said. "Well that's good. Wouldn't want you studying too hard." " It's nice of your friend to help me get settled in. Where do you know her from?" "Oh, she's a friend from... back then. When your father was here. We all stayed on a ranch in Oregon. There was always such life and happiness, and we'd all... well... never mind, you don't need to worry your little head about that. Grown-up stuff. Anyway, Chloe's an old friend, and she agreed to help you get settled in Edinburgh. I'm so glad you'll have someone there with you," she said. "Oh, great, Mom's middle aged friend is supposed to be my minder. So much for freedom, welcome crazy cat lady," Bore whispered to himself. "(sniff) I can't believe you're leaving me." "Mom. I'll be back at the end of the school year. We can chat over Facial and everything." "I'm sorry, dear. Iyt's just... you remind me so much of your father. It breaks my heart to lose you too," she said.
Bore gave his mother a tight hug.
"I love you, Mom. I'll be fine, don't worry so much," he said. "Just... be careful, okay? Promise me. No drinking, or chasing girls, or gambling, or doing anything dangerous." "Of course, Mom. I'm an adult. I'm heading off to college. How would I have time to do these kinds of things?" "I love you. Call! Stay safe... come back to me... please," she said. "Bye Mom," Bore said.

Last edited by Wotan on Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 Empty Re: Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:57 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628231919-1

"Down so soon, Bore? I thought you'd be balls deep in a threesome by now," Chloe said. "Considering they're both virgins, I don't know what I'd be balls deep in," he said. "Where there's a hole, there's a way. What's bugging you, Bore? Pour yourself a beer, and sit down with me." "Sure, why not." "You can leave the £10 in the cash register for me," she said. "Very funny, Chloe. I'm merely taking a quality sample, after some customers complaied about our beer last night." "You're learning. Good. And for the record, no customer has ever complained about the quality of my beer. Or at least none have survived doing it. So Bore, why are you down here talking to Auntie Chloe instead of up there with the two nubile girls eager to fudge you?" "Auntie?" he said. "I was in the bed when you were conceived, that makes me some kind of relative, suely. Now stop trying to derail me." "Don't your Sorcery tell you this?" "Any idiot who relies on Sorcery to tell them everything to know deserves whatever happens to them. Unless you want to be a tool for others, Sorcery is only valuable when you can fit the puzzle together. And for that you need knowledge," Chloe said. "It's nothing that interesting. Molly is upstairs teaching Emily how to suck a cucumber." "You know, of all the things I expected, that wasn't on the list." "And here I thought Sorceresses knew everything," Bore said. "Well, it doesn't hurt to give that impression. But largely I know only what I need to know. And often just bits and pieces of that." "You mentioned that, yeah." "So for example, say some mage with an irrational hatred for me came storming into the pub right now. It's not as if I could fight him with magic, I'm no Evoker," she said. "Why would he have an irrational hatred for you?" "I don't know. Maybe someone stole something from him, or blackmailed him, or something. It's irrational, as I said. Anyway, Sorcery wouldn't tell me he's coming, and it wouldn't help me fight him." "Seems pretty useless, then," he said. "Ah, but you see, it would nudge me to prepare. I'd get the urge to polish my gun collection. Or maybe a desire to sit down for a beer with my strapping young Evoker bouncer as he comes raging through the door." "He's going to storm in here any moment now, isn't he? Whoever he is." "Not that I'm aware of. I certainly hope not, having an Evoker unleash full power in enclosed spaces would be a pain to clean up after. But you see the point?" Chloe said. "So, you just follow your urges?" "Oh yes. And with a little bit of self-control you can nudge those urges. You can think to yourself, I'm really hungry. I really wish I had a big fat wad of cash, so I could eat." "And money just fals out of the sky?" Bore said. "Oh, hardly. But if you do it right, you'll get an urge to walk down Highstreet someday, and for some reason some foolish security guard has left a bag o the ground while he's trying to chat up this girl." "And you take the bag and run?" "We're speaking hypothetically here, but I'd do whatever felt natural. Like saunter behind him, just as he tries to peek down the girl's cleavage. By the time he looked up, I was far gone, and so was the bag. Hypothetically speaking, of course," she said.
Bore spends hours speaking with Chloe, drinking and chatting about Sorcery and relationships.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628232051-1

"Good to see you're enjoying yourself, Bore," Molly said. "Ah, you're done. Or do you need a live model for the next stage?" he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628232105-1

"No. It was... interesting. But I have some things I need to do, and some things to think about, before I am ready to move beyond cucumbers," Emily said. "Too bad, he said. "Poor love. I promise I will make it up to you another time. Thank you, Molly. That was very instructive, you are an exellent teacher." "Huh." "It was fun, actually. Do let me know if it works, okay?" Molly said. "Why do the two of you plotting fill me with dread?" "Oh, don't worry so much, Master. Not every surprise is a bad one." "Yeah. I'm just on edge after that stunt Sarah tried to pull yesterday," Bore said. "What did the bitch try, my love?" Emily said. "Oh, she had some videos of me and Molly doing our homework. Turns out DGN1 was under camera surveillance." "And...?" "She threatened to drag me in front of a disciplinary court for sexual assualt if I didn't give her some magic," he said. "That would have needed my collaboration, which she'd never get. I'll never betray you like that, Master," Molly said. "I don'y know. Anyway, I gave her what she wanted. A full house of it. Then I left her naked and passed out on the floor. But I'm starting to think I may have made a mistake." "Why?" Emily said. "Because it's dangerous to get between an addict and their fix. What's stopping her from trying again?" he said. "I'd testify for you, Master. There's no way she'd get it through a committee," Molly said. "Well, hopefully it doesn't come to that," Bore said. "The Court is the largest extrnal donor to the University, and I am here as an ambassador plenipotentiary. I will have the Embassy draft a letter detailing our extremely dim views on any such accusations," the Princess said. "Emily, I can't have you fighting my battle." "Hush, my heart. You would never hesitate to fight my battles for me. The world of politics is my field, much s I hate it. Let me fight the battles you are ill equipped to handle." "I guess." "And if all else fails we can let Katie know Sarah is blackmailing you. Though that may be a rather permanent solution to a temporary problem," Emily said. "Let's not. If I'd wanted her dead I would have killed her already. I won't ask others to do what I am unwilling to do myself," Bore said. "Don't worry, Master. We'll deal with her. I'll have a chat with her tonight, explain the reality of things. Maybe I could suggest that Torman needs a girlfriend? Or at least a Bonfire date," Molly said. "So you're saying I should just let the two of you sort this out?" "It's what Companions do, Master. Trust in us, we won't fail you." "You don't seem to have a choice here," he said. "Nope. Just ignore her, and let us know if she tries anything. We'll deal with her. I've got to run, guys. Emily, it was so nice to finally be able to talk. I'm sorry I ws a bitch to you. But it was for your own good. At least that last time." "What did the two of you talk about?" he said. "Oh nothing much, my love. Girl things. I believe we are finally starting to see eye to eye about you. And she has a really amaxing way with... cucumbers," Emily said. "Oh, I know." "Oh?" "I mean, I'm sure she does. Harlot," Bore said. "You do not need to pretend, my love. I already spoke to her about it, it is in the past." "Sorry." "Do not be. Did I not say that other girls could borrow your body occasionally, as long as your heart belongs to only me?" she said. "Yeah, but..." "And thanks to Molly, I have some interesting ideas for what we could be doing for our next date. Shall we meet up next Sunday?" "Actually, Saturday would be better." "I can see the little wheels moving. What are you planning this time?" "Oh, nothing. Just thinking I'd still like to wake up next to you," he said. "I... I do not know. Perhaps?" "We'll see if it feels right at the time. But I at least want the option." "So where do we meet?" Emily said. "How about another hike up Arthur's Seat? I have fond meories from there." "As do I. So, Saturday Evening. I shall see you here?" "Sounds like a plan," Bore said. "You look like you have something else to say." "Oh, yeah. Before I forget. Tomorrow morning, we're doing a beach party at the Lake." "Yes, Molly mentioned it. If only my boyfriend was as considerate," she said. "Sorry, I should have said something before. I'm still kinda frazzled by everything. Anyway, I was hoping you'd come along." "I do not know, Bore. I would love to spend time with you, but Nimue is not my friend, and I do not share the Evoker's crazed notion of having a party in my enemy's garden." "Oh, that part is fine. Nimue returned to whatever God made her a Chosen. Now that she's done with it, it's mine," he said. "What do you mean, the Lake is yours?" "According to her, Merlin and my father made the Glade for me. As a base of operations or something." "That is certainly quite a gift." "So, rather than hanging out in your enemy's garden, how about hangig out in your boyfriend's garden?" "I... yes. Of course, my heart. I will be there," Emily said. "You don't seem very exited about this." "It is nothing. So, tomorrow morning?" "Yup. Meet me here at the Crowley," Bore said. "I shall look forward to it. But I must go, my heart. I have some shopping to do. I need some clothes for tomorrow, and some vegetables. Cucumbers, I believe." "Oh," he gulped. "Farewell, my love. I shall se you tomorrow," she said. "Bye Emily."

Back to top Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 Empty Re: Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:03 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628232544-1

"They're all gone?" Chloe said. "Yeah. Do you ever get used to all the strangeness around you?" he said. "Not yet, at least. Take care, Bore. Your journey is just beginning." "Thanks Chloe." "Also, could you do the dishes? Someone left a bunch of dirty pint glasses on that table over there," she said. "Sure, boss," Bore sighed. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628232630-1

"Time to get ready for the beach party. Bikinis & Beer! Speaking of beer, I should get some from the bar."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628232640-1

"Good morning, my heart," she said. "Morning, Emily. Ready for the outing?" Bore said. "Yes, of course. I bought a dress for this outing, though I fear I did not realize how light the fabric was." "I'm sure you'll look amazing. Did you bring a swimsuit as well?" "No, I do not own one. I believe I told you before, I never learned how to swim. There are lake in Elsewhere, but most of them are infested by things whose love for humans is strictly gastronomical," Emily said. "Yeah, I could see how that would put a dampener on learning how to swim. But the Lake is clean and safe, according to both Nimue and Katie. Would be a good chance to learn." "I... I do not know, my love. Deep water scares me. You learn to be watchful near it, and even if I could swim, it is not doable in full armour." "Maybe I could help you with that, some day?" he said. "Teach me to swim in Plate armour? That would be a feat worthy of the Sagas." "No, just help you get used to the water. Learn to at least float and do basic swimming. Take the fear away." "I think I would like that," she said. "As would I."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628232741-1

"Wassssup!" "Morning, Dylan. Ready for the beach?" Bore said. "Yeah. Haven't been to the beach for ages. Last time was Ogmore, that's like... 2 years? Hell," Dylan said. "I suspect this one will be a little different." "Yeah, I guess. Katie said something about it being in Elsewhere, but I can't remember any lakes mentioned there." "How about the Lady of the Lake?" Bore said. "Yeah, but that's not a place you'd just show up at. It'd be like booking Camelot for a company Christmas party." "Who knows. Maybe one day?" "Indeed, my dearest Knight. Perhaps one day we shall all celebrate together at Camelot," Emily said. "I think the others are arriving," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:18 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628232826-1

"Hey, Bore. Ready to party?" Bella said. "Oh, yes."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628232836-1

"Hey, Bore. Everyone here?" Katie said. "All we're missing is Molly."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628232847-1

"I'm here, Master!" Molly said. "That's the full set. Let's get going," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628232901-1

"Wait. Master? Really?" "Look, Katie, it's complicated," Bore said. "Nothing complicated about it, Master. I'm his Chosen," Molly said. "Oh, dear." "What the fudge, Bore. When did you become a God, without telling me?" Katie said. "I'm not... I just had an... accident." "What, you just tripped, went to sleep and woke up with a Chosen?" "Too close for comfort. Something borrowed my body, took it for a ride and..." Bore said. "Bent me over and gave me a wonderful ana..." "Enough, Molly." "Aw, but Master, that was the best part. Like, I couldn't walk straight for hours. But you need to tell your Companions these things, Bore, they have a need to know," she said. "I'm reasonably sure they don't need all the details, Molly." "Okay, I'm lost. What happened to Molly? And why was she struggling to walk?" Dylan said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628232950-1

"Dylan, do me a favor and drop it," Bore said. "Molly is now Bore's Chosen. A divine champion, like Hercules or Achilles," Katie said. "Except obviously a lot prettier in hotpants." "Thank you, Master," Molly said. "Anyway, no, I'm not a God. I just had one test-drive me. But Molly's my Chosen. I guess I should have told you guys." "Yes, you should, Bore. There're too many fucking secrets around here," Katie said. "Anyway, let's head for the Lake. I don't think we need to gear up, right?" "Hell no, it's just around the corner. Maybe we'll get lucky, and some Defiler mistakes us for tourists." "Do people accidentally walk into Elsewhere like that?" Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:57 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233048-1

"In Edinburgh? Hardly. Unless one of your pub guests is so drunk they mistake the portal for a toilet, I guess. But out in the wilder parts of the world, sure," Katie said. "And then what happens?" Bore said. "Nothing good, usually. There's a reason the scum of Elsewhere like to hang out around portals and circles." "The Gate's just up ahead. Welcome to my little corner of Elsewhere, Dylan."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233110-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233110-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233120-1

"What do you mean, your corner?" Dylan said. "Oh, the previous owner left it for me. Open up, Gate," Bore said. "Of course, Promised One," the construct replied. "Okay, after you guys." "Promised One? And what do you mean someone left a Glade for you? These things are priceless," Dylan said. "she mentioned it was a gift, from Merlin and my dad. Whoever the hell he is. She said that I... that we will need a base in Elsewhere," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233134-1

"Who's this she person?" Dylan said. "Ain't it obvious? You're at a Lake. In Elsewhere," Bore said. "You're shitting me. Merlin. Gods and Chosen. And the Lady of the Lake. Holy crap, Bore." "You did say you wanted to live in an Isekai, right?" "Yeah, but... holy crap," Dylan said. "Look, Dylan. The sun is always shining, the water temperature is perfect, the beer is cold, and the girst are gorgeous. Just chill, grab a beer and kick back," Bore said. "Speaking of which, we'll head over to the beach, and change. No peeking," Katie said. "Spoilsport," Bore said. "On pain of pain." "I'll take your words for that." "So. You're just rolling with this, huh?" Dylan said. "So far it's not been all bad," Bore said. "It's terrifying, is what it is. I worry I'm the humorous sidekick who gets kiled in the third episode." "What kind of Anime are you watching? Humorous sidekicks are immortal." "Hah. I guess," Dylan said. "Here come the girls," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233239-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233308-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233319-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233332-1

"Hello, my heart." "You look amazing, Emily. I love that dress," Bore said. "In the bright light it is... perhaps more sheer than I expected," she said. "It's beachwear, nobody will care." "Or even notice, I suspect. Considering what the others are wearing." "Hi, Molly. You look more or less than expected, to be honest. It looks great on you," Bore said. "Thank you, Master," she said. "And there's the last two." "So. We're all here. Someone pop open a couple of cold ones," Katie said. "How about doing it down at the beach?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233344-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233409-1

"Cheers, Bore. And thanks for the invite," Katie said. "This is mostly your idea, actually," he said. "Always up for a drink. And this beats the hell out of Grassmarket." "The view is nice, too." "We're going for a walk, my heart. You are happy enough sitting here?" Emily said. "Sure. Want me to come along?" Bore said. "No, I am just going for some girl talk. With your Chosen." "Should I be worried?" "Oh yes, Master. I am teaching her all kinds of terrible things," Molly said. "Very well, carry on. I'll chill with a beet," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:48 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233445-1

"This is life, Bore. Sun, beach, ice-cold beer," Katie said. "Hot chicks i bikinis," he said. "That too. I need to check with Molly where she got that one, I've got serious bikini envy." "You look great, Katie. As do you, Bella." "Aye, thanks, Bore. I had to dig out an old sport-bikini, ain't a lot of call for beachwear in the Army. At least not if you're based out of Edinburgh," she said. "How long have you served?" "5 years now. Joined at 17. Most werewolves do. I'm past the half-way point, retirement is coming up in another 4 years or so." "So you retire at 26? That's sweet," Bore said. "Ain't much call for geariatric werewolf commandos," Bella said. "26 is hardly old. Even by Evoker standards." "It's different for werewolves, Bore. Their life burns bright, and hard. Most are old at 30, dead by 32," Katie said. "Why?" "Not quite sure. The brainiacs think it's related to our regeneration. It's ironic that what keeps us alive is what ends up kiling us," Bella said. "That sucks." "Not much we can do about it, apart from live the life we have to our fullest, no regrets." "What's on your mind, Dylan?" Bore said. "Couldn't Magic work? There's like half a dozen regeneration spells you can use to stay young for a lot longer," he said. "Good question." "Werewolves are grunts, Dylan, the job of an escort is to stop the bullet before it gets someone squishier and more valuable. Ain't nobody wasting expensive crystals, or regeneration spells on us. Especially at the rate we age," Bella said. "Live hard. Die young," Bore said. "Leave a trail of corpses when you check out. Slàinte Mhath." "Cheers."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233707-1

"Hello, Master." "Hey, Molly. Where did you leave my girlfriend?" Bore said. "Oh, she's over by the lake's edge. I came to get a couple of beers and chill. Why don't you go see her?" she said. "Sounds like an idea. And possiblty an order." 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233729-1

"Hello, my love. Oh... dear," Emily said. "Well, that's a happy memory to keep," Bore said. "I am sorry, this skirt is much lighter than anything I'm used to wearing. Not to mention far more..." "Transparent?" "Yes. I nearly panicked when I put it on, and realized that in this sunlight you can see... well, everything," she said. "Those are really cute panties, though." "Thank you very much, my love. Your sympathy is appreciated." "You're prefectly well dressed. For the beach. The rules are different," he said. "Yes. I saw Molly's outfit." "A bikini probaly counts as underwear, so she's probably better dressed than most times." "Are you complaning?" Emily said. "Hardly. Molly is Molly. What did the two of you talk about?" "Girl things. I have not had any female friends, growing up. Only servants. And the daughters of nobility, watching me like vultures. Molly changed, after you made her Chosen." "She still seems a magnet for trouble, and about as chaste as a cat in heat," Bore said. "Perhaps your girlfriend needs a cat to teach her some tricks?" "I'd be more than happy to help be the tutor, you know."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233823-1

"I know, my heart. But a girl does want some tricks of her own. The first lesson you learn in sword fighting is that predictability is death," Emily said. "Well, then I'll be on the lookout for sneaky behaviors. And evil tricks," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:13 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233831-1

"Oh, but a truly sneaky move is the one you never suspect. And some tricks may be quite enjoyable. For both odf us," Emily said. "Well, then I can't wait to see what moves you have learned..." Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233847-1

"Hey, guys. Wait... am I interrupting something?" "No, it's nothing. What's up, Dylan?" Bore said. "no, we're just doing a group photo. Want to join us?" he said. "Sure."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233916-1

"Hey, Bore. We're going to do a group photo!" Katie said. "Sounds fun."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628233932-1

"We totally need some kind of cool name. Like The Army of Bore," Dylan said. "Or The Royal Flush," Bore said. "Hey, I ain't no Royal. It needs to be something fear-inspiring, like a metal band or something. How about The Blood Reavers?" "We're supposed to be the good guys, Katie. I'm not sure Reavers are ever the nice guys, they seem more like the kind of people who make masks of other people's skin," Bore said. "How anout the Magic Horndogs?" Molly said. "You know that advice about always naming your cat something you wouldn't mind yelling every time you're trying to get it to come home? I'm pretty sure it goes for group names as well." "How about the Firewolves?" Bella said. "Sounds cool. Though that's more you and Katie, I guess." "How about The Knights of the Lake? It is here e start. And this will be our headquarters," Emily said. "Okay, guys... let's do a vote," Bore said.
It is decided to go with Emily's suggestion.
"Awesome," Dylan said. "Indeed," Bore said. "And so a new Noble Order has been formed, my heart. The Knights of the Lake," Emily said. "To The Knights of the Lake. Cheers."
The rest of the afternoon is spent swimming, drinking beer and suntanning. It is not the perfect day. But it comes close.
"Okay, guys... It's getting late, we should probably head back to Edinburgh, he said. "Sun's still high in the sky, Bore. We can keep drinking for hours yet," she said.  "We've been here for hours, Katie, and the sun hasn't moved. I'm reasonably certain it is always day here. And both you and Bella are looking suspiciously red, you're going to be badly burned," Bore said. "Evokers heal, and werewolves regenerate. Thank fudge for that, 'cause otherwise tomorrow would be bad." "Indeed."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628234207-1

"That was fun, Master. We should totally do it again," she said. "Yeah, I had a fun time as well, Molly," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:47 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628234220-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628234230-1

"Okay, buddy... got to head. Today was awesome." "Thanks for being there, Dylan," Bore said. "Bella and I are headin' down to Grassmarket for a bit of an after-party. Wanna join us?" Katie said. "I'm good for today." "Your loss. Shooters at Biddy Mulligan's, Bella?" "Scottish people are crazy. Have fun, girls," Bore said. "Thank you for today, my love. And I shall look forward to our date on Saturday," Emily said. "I wouldn't miss it for the world." "Farewell, Master. Unless you want to do something... naughty? Now that everyone else has gone?" "Not tonight, Molly," he said. "Yes, Master. I'll go to bed. Alone. And think of you." "Off you go, hussy."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628235430-1

"Hey, Bore. Glad I caught you," she said. "Morning, Katie. Going to class?" he said. "Nah, Torman's gone. Had some urgent business to take care of." "Related to that Lich?" "No idea. He told me on Monday, after our tuturial session, but I'd forgotten to tell you," Katie said. "Which brings you here, early Thursday morning." "Way too fucking early, aye. Anyway, now you know. I guess we can go kill something in Elsewhere, call it homework?" "We could, yeah," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628235513-1

"Ah, there you are. Just as my Lady foresaw." "Kitsune, right?" Bore said. "I am here for you Maclachlan-sama. Not this... mongrel," she said. "And here I thought Japanese were supposed to be polite." "So Clan business? You should really take it up with my brother, at the Castle. He is the senior representative of the Clan in Edinburgh." "I'll catch you later, Katie," he said. "Actually, I think you should come along," she said. "Why?" "Because either this is Clan business, in which case I have no business going outside the chain of command, and you're coming along as a witness." "Or?" "Or this is Knights of the Lake business, And if that interests a Seer, I want you there," Katie said. "Sure." "That would be unacceptable. That... person... is a security threat," Kitsune said. "We really got off on the wrong foot, didn't we?" Bore said. "That's fine, Kitsune-san. You can go back and tell your Lady that I'd be happy to meet her some other time. With my associate." "Katie, you don't have to..." "In fact I do. So, Foxy. You have a choice to make. You can let personal animosity towards my associate get in the way of completing your mission, or you can back the fudge down. We're Evokers, the Sword of Mankind. You do not tell us what we can and cannot do," Katie said. "Where did the whole fox-demon-sama thing go? I thought you were supposed to be polite?" "When you deal with powers and demons you always start polite. But Evokers do nae fechin' get pushed. If they try, you push back. Hard. Them's your options, Foxy. Two Evokers for the price of one, or run back to your mistress with your tails between your legs." "A pleasure to meet you, Kitsune-chan. Let's go, shall we," Bore said. "I should rip your throat out, mongrel," she hissed. "Try me." "You're a hundred years too early for that, little cub. It might be best they'd kept you on the mountain until you learned manners. Be ready for anything, Bore. If she starts moving she'll be the fastest fucking thing you've ever seen. Shield, then nuke," Katie said. "My cards are ready," he said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:13 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220628235805-1

"Stop! Kitsune. Explain yourself." "Ah, Akane. I think your pet needs a leash," Bore said. "The Evoker wanted to bring that mongrel into your presence. I was protecting your honor," Kitsune said. "Why does she keep calling me a mongrel?" "You are bringing dishonor on me, and on my House, Kitsune. Regardless of what you may think, he is not Hoori's son. And if he was, your God does not require your permission for His actions. Now apologize, I cannot do this for you," Akane said. "Hoori?" "I apologize, Machlachlan-sama. In my attempts to protect my Lady's honor I have tainted yours. Please forgive me." "Huh," Bore said. "To Bore, Kitsune," Akane said. "Nice to meet you, Kitsune." "Do not make my shame greater than it is, Kitsune. Apologize to Bore-dono or go back to Hakone. I cannot have a subordinate who is incapable of following orders." "We're waiting, fox-cub," Bore said. "I apologize, Bore. Though wasting the Divine Seed of my Lord on human filth is an abomination, I have brought great dishonor on my Lady by my actions. My throat is yours, should you wish to take it," she said. "You know what, Katie. I think your entire world of magic might be crazy." "Just look at yourself, Bore. Apology accepted, Akane-sama. But for everyone's safety, it might be best to reign in your subordinate. I don't think she's ready to be running around unsupervised," Katie said. "Who is Hoori?" he wondered. "One of the Japanese deities, Bore. The one the foxes swear their allegiance to, as a rule. But while there is an overlap of responsibilities with your father, they are different gods," Akane said. "So being part-god is a negative thing in Japan?" "Hardly. The Imperial Family traces its line back to Hoori Himself. But his vassals never felt quite comfortable with the idea of his Dívine Spark mingling with that of mortals. It's a religious thing, pay it no mind." "I've recently picked up an interest in religion, surprisingly enough. What did you want with Katie?" Bore said. "I have been having visions... Prophecies... Since arriving in Edinburgh. That extend my father's visions. Machlachlan-dono figures prominently in them. As does Crown Princess Pendragon. And a blonde girl I have yet to meet." "Molly, I would assume. And do you see me?" "No, I haven't. Which you should probably be thankful for, Bore, it is not a happy vision I see. The end is coming, in fire and ice. The chance to deflect that fate aside is disappearing quickly," Akane said. "What are you seeing?" "I've seen Princess Pendragon, leading the Hunt, her father dead, her eyes aglow with power. I have seen Katie-dono, hands on fire as she spits defiance at a creature even the Gods fear. And the blonde girl, a beacon of magic as she channels the might of her God to change reality." "Well, unless Molly has backslid and is two-timing me with another God, that'd be me. She's my Chosen," he said. "Chosen? You are no God, Bore-dono. No matter your divine blood." "Hey, I didn't make the rules. But I can feel her pulling on my bond, so she's still my Chosen." "That cannot be. I have not seen you in my visions. Give me your hand!" Akane said. "Say please." "Bore, remember what I said about being polite. Especially when you're dealing with someone as powerful as a Katashi Seer," Katie said. "I am the soul of politeness. But I'm also rapidly running out of willingness to be pushed. By anyone." "Forgive me. Please, may I have your hand?" Akane said. "Of course. What are you planning to do?" he said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:42 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629000050-1

"Strange... I cannot see you, it is as if something is blocking me... Oh! I see it. I see all of it. I see the sky on fire, and the armies of Life martialed against the Outsiders. I see the End," Akane said. "Well. That's cheerful," Bore said. "I see you. And yet not you. And I see me. But that is impossible... I could never... No, enough!" "Are you okay?" "Rattled. But alive. Something is cloaking you from prophecy. Someone has invested inordinate amounts of energy on hiding you from anyone that might pry," she said. "Is it still there?" "Oh yes. Only physical contact, and our... our bond... lets me peek through. I have never seen, or heard, of anything like this before." "What bond?" he wondered. "It... it is of no matter. But it's clear what must happen. If we are to survive, I must help you. Any way I can." "You what?" You. Katie. Princess Pendragon. You are all critical to what is to come. Our only hope to stop the end of the world. You're blind to too many things, someone must see for you," Akane said. "Yeah, I've hear that." "Bore, this is beyond just the two of us. The Clan needs to know," Katie said. "Just... try not to say too much. I'd rather not have a target painted on my back," Bore said. "I won't. But if the end of the world is coming, the Clan needs to gear for war. When it comes, we will be ready." "If you are going to be helping us, Akane... can we trust your pet fox?" "Kitsune-kin's fighting abilities are exellent," she said. "Oh, she seems quite capable of holding her own in a fight. Assuming she doesn't slit my throat when I'm not watching." "My Lady's honor is my bond. I swear to obey her in this, as in all things. As long as she stands by you I will protect you, as I do her. Your enemies are my enemies, your wounds my wounds," Kitsune said. "I guess that's all I'm going to get," he said. "I'm off, Bore. I need to head up to the Castle, talk to my brother. I'll see you at the gym." "See you, Katie." "And farewell to you, Bore-dono. I think... I think we will likely see each other again, soon," Akane said. "I'm looking forward to it."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629000358-1

"Oh, cool. It's a new website for selling clothes. Maybe I'll find something nice for the girls here. Let's see... Emily mentioned she'd never had a swimsuit. That's a crime. Hey, that model looks familiar. I wonder if she does all of these websites, or if they're just one big interconnected family. I do love the Baywatch look. But I don't think Emily has the... necessary proportions... to pull off that look."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629000424-1

"This looks great, actually. I could totally see her wearing it. Great for suntanning. But I wanted a swimsuit. I'll bookmark it and come back to it later."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629000442-1

"Oh yes. But no, there's no way in hell I can get Emily to wear that. Though Katie would look absolutely smoking in it. I do love the cut, though. High over the hips, bare back. Would show off Emily's as really well."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629000457-1

"Yes. Just like that. It's cute, it's hot, it's demure while hiding nothing. Perfect. And it's £75, with overnight shipping. That's not bad at all. Let's buy it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:48 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629000528-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629000611-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629000616-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629000619-1

"Date night. Romantic walks. Sunset nuzzling. Cucumbers... I should head down to the Crowley to meet her. I wonder if she's wearing that smoking white dress."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629004623-1

"Afternoon, my heart," she said. "Hi, Emily," Bore said. "What's wrong, my love?" "Wrong? In what way?" "You look disappointed. Were you waiting for someone else?" Emily said. "No, I was just hoping you'd be wearing that white dress again. Not that you don't look great like this, too." "It's 5 degrees outside, and the wind goes right through me. If you want me to wear a slinky dres you should take me to a cozy restaurant, not a hilltop." "You look amazing anyway. Shall we go?" he said. "Of course, my love." "So I had this really weird encounter on Thursday, with Akane and her pet."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629004710-1

"You really should be more careful what you call Hakone no Kitsune. Demon foxes are highly volatile, and pricklish about their honor," Emily said. "Yeah, I noticed. She nearly picked a fight with Katie and me. Thankfully Akane stepped in," Bore said. "Why would Akane's bodyguard attack you?" "She wanted Katie, but Katie wouldn't go without me. And the fox really didn't like me. Kept calling me a mongrel."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:03 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629004724-1

"Did either of them say why?" Emily said. "Akane said it was because the foxes worship some god called Hoori. And they saw me as an abomination against him, somehow," he said. "I doubt they worship him, Bore. More likely they swear fealty to him, as the Fae swear fealty to the Horned God. Worship seems a uniquely human concept." "What kind of god is Hoori?" "You believe he might be your father? Though I must say you do not look half Japanese," she said. "Very funny. Akane said my father shared... responsibilities. Whatever that means." "There are many Gods of War, but each share a connection of the same divine." "The Mantle?" Bore said. "Yes. Hoori is mostly associated with grain and harvest, if I recall. The Celtic equivalent would be Lugh, I believe." "Could you see me as the son of a harvest god?" "Harvests and fertility rites are closely linked, which certainly fits your lecherous destiny. And he is a great warrior, so that part would make sense as well," Emily said. "It would be nice having a name for my Father, at least. One that's better than Dubh." "Dubh?" "Yeah, that's the name he gave Chloe. It means..." he said. "Black, yes. I am aware. Likely a pun, or hidden meaning... Gods do ever enjoy their little games. Did she describe him?" "Not really. She said I looked like him. Tall and dark. Apart from that he looked human, there were no hoofs or horns or anything like that." "The Gods can take human form. But Lugh is fair, with blond hair and blue eyes. It would be hard to mistake you for him," she said. "Damn. I gues that would have been too easy. Why would a group of homicidal demon foxes worship a harvest god anyway? Kitsune doesn't feel particularly domesticated." "Hardly. Hoori is also associated with hunting, and it is that aspct of him the foxes swear allegiance to." "Maybe that's a clue. What's the equivalent god here? Emily?" Bore said. "It... it could not be. And yet..." "Emily... what is it?" "To answer your question, there are many Gods associated with hunting. But there is only one Lord of the Hunt, the oldest of the Gods that still interact with mortal creatures," she said. "Who?" "My mother's liege lord. The Horned God." "I didn't think he dealt much with humans?" he said. "He does not. Rarely enough even with his direct vassals, the Lords of the Fae. But I once met him, when I was very young. My mother was elevated when I was 6, and she took me with her when she went to swear her oaths," Emily said. "And? How did he look?" "Tall? But then all adults are, to a child. Dark hair, a strong face. That much is like you. And eyes of emerald green. Like yours." "What else can you tell me about him?" Bore said. "The Horned Lord? Let me collect my thoughts. What did you want to know?" "Is that his only name?" "Hardly, he has many. Cernunnos. The Green Man. Opener of the gates of Life and Death," she said. "That last one's strange. What does it mean?" "I do not know. In some stories he is supposed to die, and be reborn stronger. But I have heard nothing like that from the Fae." "Interesting," he said. "Anything else you wanted to know?" "What is his Mantle?" "The Horned Lord is primarily assiciated with the Hunt, both as prey and hunter. He is the true Lord of the Great Hunt, though the Kings in Exile have been leading it in his stead the last thousand years," Emily said. "Anything else?" "He is linked to fertility, to death and rebirth. The Mantle itself is old, some say the oldest. The masculine to the Goddess' feminine. The Horned Lord himself is certainly among the very oldest gods that still reside among mortals." "Who is the Goddess?" Bore said. "She is no longer among us. But she was bound to the Mantle of life, and birth. To children, and home. To love." "Where did she go?" "Wherever Gods go when they lose interest in the world. Some call it true ascension, and the Gods that walk among us merely a step in the journey," she said. "What was his relationship with Merlin and Arthur?" "There is no link to Arthur as far as I know. But he was a close ally of Merlin, and it was he who brokered the alliance that still holds today between the Fae and the Court." "Any link to the Coven?" he said. "The Coven? Why?" "Whoever hijacked my body was the God of the Coven. I'm hoping that was my father, I really don't need any other gods interfering in my life." "It is... possible. The Horned Lord was far more active at that time, and the Coven changed towards the end. If he had bound them as Chosen, that would explain the change," Emily said. "So he bsically recruited them for this desperate last stand." "It could be. But what could be important enough that the Coven would sacrifice themselves to accomplish it?" "The end of the world? That's certainly what Akane believes," Bore said. "I hope we can avoid that. Is there anything else you wanted to know?" "Why does he avoid mortals?" "Most gods lose interest in the world as they age. They have seen too many children grow old and die, too many friends give in to the ennui. The Fae are mortal, but their lives are far, far longer than ours. To a being ten thousand years old, the life of a human must pass in the blink of an eye," she said. "So you think he'll leave soon? To where?" "Ascended, I would assume. We do not know for sure." "I've heard enough. Fascinating," he said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:42 am

"Shall we return to the Crowley? It is getting late, and while this is interesting, I am getting cold. I also believe I promised to show you something Molly taught me," Emily said. "I can only imagine that wil be even more interesting," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629005049-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629005101-1

"Do not get your hopes too high, my love. I have never done this before," she said. "Just you thinking about doing it for me is enough to make me happy," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629005110-1

"Welcome back, Bore. Princess," Chloe said. "Ixnay ayay ordway, Chloe," Bore said. "Which language is that, my heart? It sounds almost Nahuatl," Emily said. "Youwhat?" "The language of the Aztecs. I thought, because you were from America, you might have learned it." "Living in a small town outside Baltimore I'd have had better odds of learning Klingon that Aztec," he said. "It's just a form of... latin, I believe. Welcome to my hime, Princess," Chloe said. "Strange. I thought my latin was quite good, yet I have never heard a dialect like that. Perhaps you will teach me one day, Bore? And maybe this Klingon language as well," Emily said. "Perhaps. Night, Chloe. See you tomorrow," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629005206-1

"So. Here we are again, my love," Emily said. "Nervous?" Bore said. "A little. What if I am no good at this?" "Trust me, unless you actually start gnawing on things, any blowjob you give is going to be awesome." "Molly would be quite cross with me if I... gnawed. I imagine that would hurt," she said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629005224-1

"Never had it happen, would prefer not to find out today. So how are we doing this?" Bore said.

https://ibb.co/F4VDndX

"We get undressed?" Emily said. "Well... yes. Obviously," he said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:01 am

https://ibb.co/R0Nxqj9

"You mean after that? Why don't you sit down on the bed for me? You have given me so many wonderful things, it is time for me to repay you," Emily said. "I love the way the light catches your back. You look like something out of a deam. A fearytale princess, all of my own," Bore said. "And I love the way you look at me. It makes me feel like the most desirable woman in the world. Now sit down my love, before I lose my nerve." "Of course."

https://ibb.co/4KB4sYC
https://ibb.co/vqHyh04

"It looks rather more intimidating than the cucumber," she said. "Whatever you feel comfortable with. I worry Molly's approach might be a little... extreme... for your first time," he said. "Molly actually did a good job of teaching me this. At least I think so, it all sounded like good advice." "Yeah, that girl knows how to suck cock."

https://ibb.co/vcRQ0cJ
https://ibb.co/6yKkZsS

"You should see your face, my love... I think you are going cross-eyed. Did you like it?" Emily said. "That felt amazing. I can't believe it's the first time you're doing this," Bore said. "You should that the cucumber. And Molly." "I will. What next?" "Is it so impatient?" she said. "Damn right. That was incredible. What's the next course?"

https://ibb.co/HpHKj0k

"Emily, careful, I'm about to..." he said.

https://ibb.co/W6r1Bcb

"What is i-!...? Oh goodness, it's all over me," Emily said. "I meant to warn you, it was just too good to stop myself," Bore said.

https://ibb.co/8cFSYrt

"You have made a mes of my face, do you mind if I borrow the shower?" she said. "No, go ahead," he said. "Holy shit, that was amazing. One hell of a first blowjob. I owe Molly something nice for this," he thought.

https://ibb.co/sbLhC11

"I am back, my love. I forgot to bring a towel, could you help warm me up? I am freezing here," Emily said. "Of course, my love," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:47 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629005621-1

Eventually Emily stops shivering, but the two of them continue to hug, her breath hot against Bore's shoulder.
"Did you give any thought to my suggestion?" he said. "About sleeping with you?" she said. "Sleeping over with me sounds better, I think." "I did not know Evokers played semantic games." "Only to get pretty girls to bed. What do you think?" Bore said. "I think it is a terrible idea. But since I already brought a sleeping outfit, I guess it is too late to back out." "Can I see them?" "They are hardly the kind of lingerie you bought me. Not that I would ever risk spoiling that by sleeping in it," Emily said. "Still, I bet you look gorgeous in it."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629005708-1

"Like this?" she said. "Oh, wow. It's the t-shirt I bought for you. You look amazing in it," he said. "I did promise to wear it for you, some day." "Just lie down on the bed, I'll join you."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629005727-1

"I fear it will be a tight fit. You are hardly a small man," Emily said. "You... Wait, no. I'm going to reuse to rise to that bait... We'll just have to cuddle really tightly together, then," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629005739-1

"Indeed, my love. Good night," she said.
For a long time the two of them hug, her breathing slowing down as she difts into slumber.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629005759-1

"Hey, Bore, wake up!" Ah. Good morning, Princess." "Chloe, is the pub on fire?" he said. "No?" "Would you like it to be?" "Don't even think about it, Bore," Chloe said. "Then get out. Now." "Okay. I just wanted to tell you there's someone important downstairs to talk to you." "Out. I'll deal with whoever it is once we're dressed," Bore said. "And good morning to you, my love. We had better get ready, Chloe seems quite emphatic," Emily said. "One of these days we're going to wake up to a lazy morning of nuzzling." "Hopefully. But today does not seem to be that day. It was wonderful to fall asleep in your arms, though." "Hold on to that thought. Let's get dressed and head down," he said. "If it is okay, my love, I would prefer to wait here. Wandering out of your bedroom first thing in the morning seems like the kind of thing that could be misunderstood." "Or just plain understood, I guess. Okay, I'll be back."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:01 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629005847-1

"That was quick, Bore. Sorry to interrupt your afterglow," Chloe said. "We were just sleeping together. Fully dressed. I didn't make your stupid viginity rules, but I'm playing along with them," he said. "Hardly fully dressed. I can see why you like her, she's got an amazing ass." "Who's the visitor? Let me guess, Erec is here looking for his daughter? Or perhaps a rampaging dragon?" "Nothing that drastic. There's a Katashi Seer here, looking for Emily," she said. "Oh, for the love of god."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629005907-1

"Bore-dono? What are you doing here?" she said. "I live here. What brings you here, Akane?" he said. "I am looking for Princess Pendragon, I need to warn her. Something is coming for her, something evil. but why would my visions lead me here." "Yeah, I wonder why," Bore sighed. "Oh. I see. But, I saw... no, never mind. Maybe I was mistaken. My apologies for prying, Bore-dono. But this is far worse than I thought." "Why?" "We might be able to defeat a Lich with the help of the House Guardians. But if it's only Kitsune and me, I cannot see how we can prevail," Akane said. "A Lich? Coming for Emily? Why?" "The Katashi are hardly the only Seers, Bore-dono. And some fools might work for the Enemy. Princess Pendragon will be critical in what is to come, if they can take her out, all will be lost That much my visions are clear on." "Damn. Emily?" he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629010026-1

"Yes, my heart? Oh, I see who our visitor is. Greetings, Katashi-dono. What brings you here, on such an early Sunday morning," she said. "We've got a Lich incoming. You didn't bring your armour, did you?" Bore said. "No. But I always carry my sword. I am ready to fight," Emily said. "Hell no. Killing you is its objective, and without armour you're far too easy to hurt. Chloe, are you in?" "Oh yes. I ain't letting some undead finger puppet trash my pub. Or kill any more of my guests, now that I think about it," the sorceress said. "Thought as much, yeah. Akane, will the two of you fight with us?" he said. "I know you're an Evoker, Bore-dono, but this is a Lich. And I don't understand what the bartender is supposed to be doing in this. You should run, Chloe-san," she said. "Ah, I take it Chloe doesn't show up in your visions either." "Sorceresses are hard to See. Not impossible, but damned hard. Unless they were looking for me, I wouldn't show up," Chloe said. "I would have loved to have Katie and Molly here as well, but we'll go with what we've got. Are you in, Akane?" Bore said. "Yes, of course. I said I would help you any way I could. But... really? You have a Sorceress aiding you?" she said. "No. I have two. Though I have no idea why you can see Molly but not Chloe in your visions." "Likely because Molly is a Chosen. If she's drawing enough power through the bond, she'd pierce the veil. Oh, don't look at me like that, Bore. I'm a Sorceress. Knowing stuff I'm not supposed to is what I do," Chloe said. "How long do we have, Akane?" he asked. "Not long. It's minutes away," the seer said. "Okay, enough time to get geared up. Emily, you get to Torman, he'll know how to handle something like this." "And leave you behind? but, my love..." the Princess said. "No buts. That thing is here for you, and you're not equipped to deal with it. Promise me, Emily," he said. "Get dressed, Bore. I shall do what I have to do." "Thank you, love. Okay, let's go."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629010200-1

"Let's prepare for its arrival," Akane said. "Indeed," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:49 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629010200-1

"Stand by, it's coming through," Akane said. "Deal Cards," Bore said. "Winter Child. What a... pleassssssant... surprise. The Seer did not tell me you'd be here. Though he was not making much sense, there at the end. Taking his eyes might have been too much. But why should I worry about the Queen, when I can take the King off the table," the Lich said. "That is one ugly fucking monster. You didn't bring your sniper rifle, did you, Chloe?" "It's out of ammo, and Schwartalfs don't do online orders. Be careful, Bore, that thing is no pushover," she said. "Akane, what can you do?" "In combat? Mostly I can help you see the patterns better. Evokers can often make use of that to do more damage," the Seer said. "Sounds promising. Kitsune?" "I kill things," she said. "Also promising." "Enough, cursed mortals. Today we end you, Winter Child. And put a stop to Merlin's schemes. Now die," the Lich said. "Goodbye, scarecrow," Bore said.
"And so it ends, Winter Child. The Exiled Ones will come, my Lord will sit at their feet, and I shall be first of his servants for what I do today," the Lich said. "We're not fucking done yet," Bore hissed through gritted teeth. "No, my love, we are not," the Princess said. "Emily? Why are you still here? Run!" "I would rather die here with you than live forever alone. This worked before, it will work again. Excalibur, aid us now! Cast BLESS," she said. "What is happening, Bore? Excalibur has been lost gor hundreds of years, yet... I have never seen such power," Akane said. "What was lost will be found. Time to end this, Licj," he said.
"Well. On the positive side, Bore, we're all still alive. Let's not ever do anything like that, ever again. At least not in my pub," Chloe said. "That thing was mean, without Emily it would have kicked our asses. I can't believe Torman wiped the floor with one on his own," Bore said. "Yes. Not someone to get on the wrong side of. Everyone else okay?" "Akane?" "A little shaken. But more intrigued. Just what are the two of you doing?" the Seer said. "You're asking why she's here at the pub?" he said. "No. That part is... rather obvious. It called you Winter Child. And it said you were the King, to Princess Pendragon's Queen. That taking you off the table would lead to victory for the Cult." "You did see me in your visions, in the end." "I saw you fighting the Outsiders, yes. But I was certain Princess Pendragon was the key. In my Father's visions, the Throne of the Court in Exile is the pivot the fate of the world turns on," Akane said. "I thought you saw something vital the other day. When you said you needed to do anything to help me?" "That... that was different. Personal. And I am beginning to suspect I must have misread my visions." "Oh dear. Possibly not, right Emily?" he said. "Indeed. Likely not, in fact. Welcome to our group, Katashi-dono. You might be surprised at what happens to innocent girls that hang around my dear pervert too long," the Princess said. "What happens now?" "Now I head back to the Townhouse. If I am lucky, I shall be back before the Embassy staff notices I have been missing." "I'll certainly miss you. See you tomorrow?" Bore said. "And I will miss you too, my love. Take care," Emily said. "And the rest of you?" "We'll return to our hotel. I need to contact my Father, things are moving too fast. Call us, if you discover anything, or if you decide to explore Elsewhere. We will join you. If we're going to win this, we will need to understand how to work well with you," Akane said. "Will do."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629010809-1

"Are you gathering a harem, Bore?" Chloe smirked. "Are you applying for a job?" he said. "Hardly, I'm not one to get tied down. But I am pleased. You're growing. becoming what I think we need. Stay strong, Bore. I suspect your honeymoon is almost over." "Don't i at least get to have a wedding night first?" "Hey, it ain't my fault you haven't screwed the Princess yet. I'll see you later, Bore," she said. "I guess. See you later."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629011331-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629011340-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:09 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629011405-1

"Ceremonial Magic class again. Damn, Sarah really went off the rails last time. And I kinda lost control as well. The girls said I should leave this to them. Hopefully they've got it sorted out. It was nice seeing the two of them like that, though. standing side by side against a common foe. Actually, now that I think about it, I almost feel sorry for Sarah. Almost being the key word. Hopefully it'll teach her not to try to blackmail me. Anyway, let's head to the University."
"Hmm. Nobody here today. I guess I'll meet them in DGN1."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629013020-1

"Greetings, my love." "Hi, Emily. How are you?" Bore said. "Better for seeing you, as always," she said. "Hopefully Sarah doesn't go full addict on us." "If she does, Molly and I will deal with it." "Well, let's hope it works out," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629013046-1

"Emily! Master! How did your dat go?" Molly said. "Wai, how do you know about that?" Bore said. "Oh, just girl talk. Emily, did you do the stuff I taught you with the cucumber?" "Wait, you guys are discussing this?" "Of course? How about that trick I taught you where you stick your finger inside?" she said. "Finher?" "We had a magical time, Molly. Though no fingers were involved," Emily said. "What trick with the finger?" "Nothing you need to worry about, Bore. Did you manage to fix that gag reflex problem you were having? Like, there's a couple of simple tricks to it," Molly said. "Could you please stop discussing me like some kind of science projec. At least while I'm standing here. And what is this trick you're talking about?" "I barely got to the thitd step, sadly, before he exploded. Next time I shall try harder to keep him on the edge for longer," Emily said. "Look, girls. Can we stop talking about this? If Sarah comes in, she's likely to get the entirely right idea," he said. "Oh, Sarah isn't coming. We've got DGN1 all for ourselves... Master..." Molly said. "What do you mean she's not coming?" "I don't know what you did with your cock, but you managed to screw her brains out. Like, now I totally want to try." "I didn't fudge her, all I did was give her some magic," Bore said. "Well, whatever happened, she's been brainfucked pretty hard. They've got her committed to Montrose." "What on earth is that?" "Montrose Royal Lunatic Asylum? They're the only asylum in Scotland equipped to deal with loopy mages," Molly said. "Well... I didn't inted to go quite that far." "The crazy bitch had it coming. Supposedly she tried to stab one of the lecturers in the eye with a letter opener. Kept rambling about the end of the world, and opening the way." "What about the end of the world?" he said. "Don't ask me. Crazy people gonna crazy. But at least she's out of our hair. So that leaves us with nothing to do but fudge like bunnies." "Stop trying to be funny, Molly." "Who's trying to be funny? And why are you freaking out like this, Master? I thought you'd be happy she isn't going to disturb you again," she said. "Because a broken mind can be a gateway to... things. I don't know. She sounds like the guy who tried to stab me, back in Frostburg." "What are you talking about?" "The first time I used magic, I fought some hobo on the streets. His mind had broken, and let something else in," Bore said. "She does not know, my love. I take it you never told her?" Emily said. "No, I guess I didn't." "Told me what?" "Look, Molly, there are things you should probably know," he said. "The end times are coming, Molly. At least that is what some people believe. And the three of us are destined to stand against it," Emily said. "I start worrying when both seers and monsters agree, if nothing else," he said. "That's crazy." "You got anally violated by a god, and you're only now noticing?" "I prefer the term anally initiated. So it's just the three of us against the end of the world? Sweet!" she said. "I love your optimism, Molly." "More than three of us, I believe. Katie. Dylan. Chloe. Probably others as well. Bella, Akane and Kitsune," Emily said. "A whole harem's worth. And Dylan," Bore said. "Poor dude. You're not sharing?" Molly said. "No. You're all mine." "Greedy man," Emily said. "Of course. So what do we do now?" "Regardless of Molly's aspirations, we are not having some extended orgy in a lecture theater." "Too bad. Well, there's always next time. Maybe we could head to the portal, get some more practice in?" he said. "If you do, call me. I will always be there for you. For now, though, I have a report due tomorrow. I shall take the opportunity to finish it early, before things get crazy," the Princess said. "Molly?"Of course, Master. If we're supposed to save the world, I guess we need practice. Just let me know," she said. "Okay, sounds like a plan. I'll call you guys if we're heading into Elsewhere." "Okay, Master. I'll see you later!" "Later, Molly."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:34 am

Camping out on an expedition into Elsewhere...

"Heya, Bore. Hey, Dylan, there's something I was meaning to ask ye," Katie said. "Huh?" "Ah finally picked up the courage to read Dad's old journals, and there was something in there I didnae understand. He talks about tapering yer Spark?" she continued. "What on earth is that?" "It's about honing your Spark, Bore. Focusing it down. Healers use it for surgery. Enchanters use it for some constructs and crafting," Dylan said. "Interesting. could I learn to do that?" Bore said. "Not yet, that fer fecking sure. Learn basic control before ye try to get ambitious about technique. Dad had some pointers, but there a couple of things I didnae understand. Mind giving me some tips?" Katie said.
Bore leaves the two of them discussing magical theory; it's all greek to him anyway. Hopefully it'll make Katie more effective in combat.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629015723-1

"Oh. It's you. What are you here for?" Olivia said. "I was just going to settle in here to do some studying," Bore said. "Sounds good. I'll be over here in the corner if you need anything."
Bore settles down with his books. It's a quiet environment, and he finds it easy to concentrate.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629021347-1

Bore sells a few surplus gems to Adrian the Quartermaster.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629021711-1

"Greetings, my love," she said. "Good morning, Emily. Ready for your swimming lesson?" Bore said. "I do not know about being ready. But I am certainly willing to try." "Did you bring the swimsuit?" "Swimming lessons would be rather hard without it, surely," Emily said. "Well, there's only the two of us there today. We could always go skinny dipping." "What is that?" "Swimming naked?" he said. "Somehow I imagine that would make things... harder. For you, I mean." "Likely." "We are not changing?" she said. "Nah, it's a 5 minute walk through a peaceful part of Elsewhere. But let's bring the gear just in case we need it." "You do not consider that by the time you have discovered you need it, it will be too late to put it on?" "Sure, if it makes you happier, I don't mind putting on the gear," Bore said. "No. It is, as you say. a short walk through a thoroughly urbanized part of Elsewhere. And if something scary shows up I will just hide behind the tall, handsome Evoker I brought along." "I shall defend you to the death. Of whoever attacked you. Let's go."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629021808-1

"You mentioned this was an Urbanized part of Elsewhere. What did you mean?" Bore said. "The worlds feed off each other, I think. Nobody is quite certain how, but urbanization tends to reduce the ambient energy of Elsewhere. It also makes it harder to cross between the worlds," Emily said. "In what way?" "In a city, Like Edinburgh or London, you'd need a full portal to cross from your world into Elsewhere, though the reverse is much easier. In remore places, like Bellanoch, a mere stone circle is enough to break the veil between the worlds." "I see. But we're still getting monsters here occasionally."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:30 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629021830-1

"You are getting predators and scavengers, slinking around the edges of civilisation to grab the unwary," Emily said. "So Defilers are the trash pandas of Elsewhere, huh? Open up, Gate," Bore said. "As you wish, Promised One." "Thanks." "What is a trash panda. Some animal native to America?" she said. "It's just slang for raccoon. They like raiding trash cans and gardens, then running away if anyone spots them."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629021843-1

"I see. I remember hearing about raccoons, though I have never seen one. Pets, as a rule, do not do well in Elsewhere. And Defilers usually do not run away merely because they are spotted," she said. "Depends if they know there are Evokers coming for them. So here we are. Let's get changed," he said. "You were hoping I would strip for you?" "I'll admit the thought did strike me."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629021908-1

"I am sorry to dash your hopes, my love. Unfortunately I wore the swimsuit under my clothes," Emily said. "I can still admire you wearing it. You show it off exceptionally well," Bore said. "I... thank's, my heart. I do not mind you seeing me like this, though wearing it in front of other men would feel quite awkward." "Well, there are only the two of us here." "Indeed. So how do we do this?" she said. "Come with me to the water." "Okay..."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629021943-1

"First step is to learn to relax. The water will keep you up, if you let it. Come here," he said. "What are you doing?" she said. "Bringing you oit into the water." "I am quite capable of walking, my love. While I will admit to some fears about deep water, I will be able to face them standing." "So I should put you down?" Bore said. "No. On second thought I am quite comfortable here. You may proceed, Sir Knight." "Just relax."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629022009-1

"I shall trust you," Emily said. "See... that wasn't so bad," Bore said. "How deep is it here?" "No idea, the ground fropped away a couple of meters ago. I think the lake's quite deep, though." "I... see," she said. "Relax. Breathe. See... we're perfectly safe. The water keeps us up. And stop trying to choke me." "It is a strange feeling, knowing I am completely at your mercy," she said. "Do you trust me?" "With my life. And my heart." "Then just relax and enjoy the moment," he said. "I will."
The moment seems to stretch into infinity, the water a perfect temperature against their skin, the sun shining down on them. Both of them gently tread water together, their breaths syncronizing.
"We should probably get out of the water, my fingers are turning wrinkled," Emily said. "We wouldn't want to spoil your perfect complexion," Bore said. "Hardly perfect. I am too dusky for the Court, far too many hours spent at the training fields. The ladies of the Court whisper, sometimes, when they think I cannot hear them." "I love your skin. And your hands." "They are not exactly the hands of a fine lady. A swordsman's callouses, and none from the harp," she said. "fudge the harp." "Even with your insatiable appetites that sounds anatomically difficult. But then, I know little of such things." "Where there's a will, there's a way," he said. "Indeed. I think I am more or less died up. Shall we head home?" "Does that mean I'll have to stop ogling you in that swimsuit?" "Yes. But you will always have your memorie. And we could do this again some day," Emily said. "Maybe we could do some other lessons here?" "You are thinking lecherous thoughts now, I recognize that look." "Probably. That swimsuit inspired me," Bore said. "If this relatively demure swimsuit inflames you with lust, I can only imagine what Molly's outfit must do." "Less than you think, actually. Obviously Molly could look sexy even in a burqa, but I'd rather watch you in that demure swimsuit than Molly in her dental floss." "Foolish man. I love you," she said. "I love you too."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:22 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629022140-1

"Thank you for the lesson, Bore. I do not know if I am suddenly ready to go swimming. But at least I am less afraid of the water," Emily said. "That's a step in the right direction, at least. We can do it again, next week?" he said. "I would like that. Though I have some things to do on Wednesday, how about Friday?" "Then I'll see you next week, Friday morning." "So we shall. Goodbye, my love," she said. "Bye, Emily."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629022302-1

"Rise and shine, Evoker lecture time. I wonder if Torman's back from whatever he's doing?" "Ah, Bore, glad I caught you," she said. "Hey, Katie, what are you doing here?" he said. "We need to head down to the basement, I've got something to show you." "What about the lecture?" "Trust me, this is more important. Now get your ass moving," Katie said. "Sure."

https://ibb.co/cN970xK

"Let's get geared up," Katie said. "Not that I mind the show, but you could have used the washroom if you wanted," Bore said. "Nah, it's just you, it's not as if I've gotta be shy around you. Now hurry up and get dressed, this is gonna be so cool." "Sure." "You've gotten a lot quicker at wearing that gear, huh," Katie said. "Yeah, I find I sometimes need to wear it in a hurry. So, I take it we're using the portal?" "Yeah. There's someone I've got to introduce you to. Ready?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629022408-1

"Should we call the others?" Bore said. "Nah, it's a secret. I couldnae even tell you, until now. Trust me, it's going to be cool," Katie said. "Where are we heading?" "Oh, a bit further into Elsewhere. Dun think you've been that far yet, it's in the wilds." "Should be a fun experience," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629022422-1

"Almost there," Katie said. "You couldn't have found a less ominous looking place, could you?" Bore said. "Ah, don't be a big pussy. There ain't much in Elsewhere bigger and meaner than us, anyway. He should be around here somewhere." "Who is he?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:30 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629022459-1

"Me, Bore." "Torman? What's with the goddamned jumpscare? For a moment I thought you were a Lich or something." "Hey, Grandpa. We're here like you asked," Katie said. "Grandpa?" "Yeah! Remember when I said I'd gotten some awesome news? Well, I met up with Gran, and she filled me in on some family history." "So Torman's your grandfather," Bore said. "Totally. And that's not even the best part, 'cause I nearly didn't believe the other news she told me." "Which is?" "That my name isn't Torman. It's Thor," Torman said. "Cute. So you got the same name as the Norse God of Thunder." "No, Bore. I am the Norse God of Thunder." "Seriously? My lecturer is the son of the God of War. Edinburgh rocks," Bore said. "Feck yea. I told you this would be a cool surprise," Katie said. "So why wouldn't you tell me in class? Or are we just here for the ambience?" "I looked into what's happening, Bore. And tracked down the Necromancer who sent that Lich. He wa a little reluctant to talk, but in the end he spilled what was happening. Along with his guts," Torman said. "And?" "The Outsiders are returning. Another pantheon will pay the price for Merlin's arrogance." "Unless we stop them." "You still fail to grasp what I was saying about them. They are part of the natural order. The wolves must cull the herd to keep it healthy," Torman said. "And the deet do not get a vote in this? fudge that." "Your arrogance is staggering, cub. All will die, in the end. Even the gods. But at least this time they will clean out the Court, and end Merlin's miscarried experiment." "Like hell. I'm guessing Merlin and my father planned for this. That's what the Mantle is all about. The Future King busines. Together we can defeat them again," Bore said. "Which brings us here, Bore. And the end of that particular plan. It gives me no real pleasure to do this, kid. In another world I would have been pleased to drink with you in Valhalla." "Huh?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629022659-1

"But Merlin's plan ends here. As do you," Torman said.
The hammer strikes Bore's side, and he feels his ribs tear like if they were paper. A shock of lighning courses through Bore's body, paralyzing him.
"What the fudge are you doing, Torman?" Katie said.
Bore's body refuses to respond, the nerves shut down by the shock of lighning.
"I'm doing this for us, Katie. For the Clan, and the Aesir. The way to outrun a wolfpack is to ensure you're not the slowest member of the herd. And sometimes that requires to break someone's leg to keep them from running too fast," Torman said. "Katie..."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629022735-1

"fudge yer Aesir, Torman Ye dun git to shaft mah mate like that. Ah dun care what reason ye think ye have," Katie said.
Her arms light up, her Spark glowing brighter than Bore's ever seen it before.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629022745-1

"Loyalty is all well and good, Katie. But family comes first. As you'll remember when you wake up in Bellanoch. Now stop interfering," he said. "fudge you, Torman," Bore said. "Your father provide an unwanted complication to this, Bore. A hard God, and a vengeful one. Not really someone I'd want a confrontation with if I can avoid it." "Who?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629022813-1

"Like most othe things, Bore, it will cease to be important for you shortly. But I'd prefer being able to stare into his eyes and honestly say I didn't kill you. Which precludes just smashing your skull in and leaving you as a snack for the beasties," Torman said. "What... what are you doing?" Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629022830-1

"This staff is your link to magic. Without it you cannot control your Spark. And without control, it will eat you alive. Slowly," Torman said. "No..."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629022845-1

"Oh, but yes. Goodbye, Bore. You were always my second favorite student in that class," Torman said.
As the staff breaks Bore feels his Spark soar like a bonfire. It feels like his whole body is on fire. Then the world goes dark.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:11 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629022857-1

"I've lost my magic. Somehow that hurst almost as much as the physical pain. I'll never again feel the energy racing from the poker cards. I guess it's only once something is lost you really understand how important it was to you. I'm sad I'll never get to say goodbye. To the girls. And Dylan. And my mom. But most of all to Emily. Shit, this hurts. My whole body is burning up. I guess this really is the end. Goodbye, Emily. I love you."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629022915-1

"You look like you've had the crap kicked out of you, Bore." "Chloe?" "Of course. Who else do you think the Voices would have dragged out here on a hunch. What the hell happened," she said. "Torman. Thor... he broke my magic. I... it hurts. Like hell," he said. "fudge. I knew I should have pissed in that asshole's drink. So your magic is eating you alive? Hang on a second." "Not much choice there."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629022946-1

"Found it. Hold this," Chloe said. "What is it? That... the pain, it's receding," Bore said. "It's a mana extraction gem. It stores magic, so I can use it when I need to. Useful for those of us who don't have a Spark of our own. Though I've never seen it glow like that before, it's filing at an alarming rate." "What happens when it's full?" "Nothing good. I'll have to take it away before you blow yourself, me, and a sizeable chunk of Elsewhere to hell," she said. "How do we fix this?" "I have no idea. I hate it when the voices do this. But I know where we have to go. Can you walk?" "I don't know. I think Torman broke something. Apart from my staff. And I'm not healing properly," he said. "He broke your connection to magic, leaving you with a Spark that's burning a hole in your soul. Of course you're not healing properly. Come. We have to go. We're running out of time." "I'll try."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629023018-1

"Try harder. W've got a way to go," Chloe said. "Did you know? Abut Torman?" Bore said. "That he's Thor? Of course. I've met the bastard before." "Why didn't you tell me?" "Bore, I have more secrets than you can imagine. Part of being a sorceress is keeping your mouth shut, or all kinds of trouble can come visiting," she said. "So your voices didn't warn you?" "You keep misunderstanding this. Voices do their own things for their own reasons." "What do you mean?" he said. "They're like having a senile but well-meaning aunt living in your head, occasionally giving you treats or telling you secrets. You can never rely on them. But you can also never ignore them." "And about Torman?" "If Thor wanted you to know who he was, he'd have told you. I'm certainly not going to go around blabbering the secrets of a god, otherwise, I'm all too likely to be shut up permanently," Chloe said. "Wouldn't your sorcery keep you safe?" "Maybe? Or it might, until the time it doesn't. The day you trust absolutely in the voices keeping you safe is the day you're likely to accidentally step in front of a bus." "Beware Sorcerers, their power is too fickle, and far too often their gifts come with sharp edges. I remember Emily telling me that," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629023050-1

"Excellent advice. I wish I could follow it. Give me that gem before it blows, I've got another. But once that's gone, we're shit out of options," Chloe said. "Where are you taking me?" Bore said. "To the Lake." "Nimue's not there." "I know. But something else is," she said. "What?" "Absolutely no idea." "That sucks," he said. "Tell me about it. How are you holding up?" "Your gem is holding back the Spark, for now. But my stomach is still on fire from the hammer, I'm not healing." "One thing at a time. We need to fix your link to magic, or you're fucked in the short term anyway," she said. "How?" "No idea. As far as I know it's impossible, your link is part of your soul." "You're ever a source of cheer and encouragement," he said. "The voices seem to think there's a solution, otherwise I can't think of a reason I'd be out here hauling your carcass to the Glade. Though I wish they'd told me to bring a wheelbarrow, you're a heavy bastard." "Take it up with my father, he should have made mom an honest woman."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:11 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629023127-1

"I'll remember to, if I ever seen him again. Here we are, let's hope the gate still recongnizes you," Chloe said. "Open, Gate." "As you wish, Bore. But the sorceress shall not pas. What lies within is not for her eyes." "Huh. It's never done that before. Open the damned door, I need her help," he said. "She shall not pass. The gate will not open while she is here." "What the hell." "Give up, Bore. It's a magical construct, you can't argue with it, and you're not able to blow it up right now," she said. "So what do we do?" "I go back to the Crowley, and you find your destiny." "I... thank you, Chloe. For everything. You didn't need to do this." "Oh, I'm pretty sure I did. But before I go, let's make sure you're not actually bleeding to death. Take off your jacket," Chloe said. "Sure."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629023220-1

"Also, give me that gem. Right the fudge now, it's about to overload. I know it's going to hurt, but it beats the alternative," Chloe said. "fudge, that hurts. You don't have any more magical tricks?" Bore said. "No. And you really should remember Emily's advice about sorcery. The voices do what they need to, not what you want them to, and rarely without you paying a price. You're not leaking, but I think most of your ribs are broken, and possibly some internal damage. That's one hell of a punch." "Yeah, it hit like the hammer of god." "Very funny. I'm glad you can still crack a joke. Even if it's a bad one. Goodbye, Bore, and good luck," she said. "Goodbye, Chloe."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629023238-1

"The gate is open, Promised One. What you seek is by the lakeside," the gate said. "Let's hope it's what I need."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629023247-1

"I feel like I've been here before. By the lakeside, huh."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629023259-1

"Wait... that rock wasn't there before. And a sword is sticking out of it. Of course there is a sword in a stone here."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:48 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629023320-1

"I have no interest in being the king of England, but let's hope it can at leas fix my magic link. Either that, or this is all just an elaborate joke at my expense. Help me, little sword. You're my only hope. Let's just... pull it out." "That's not going to work, Bore. Only the rightful King of England can pull me from the stone." "Well, Charles is probably busy. Maybe Harry is free?" Bore said. "You can stop pulling, I'm telling you it's not going to work. Also, I've seen six year old girls with stronger grip strength... are all Evokers that weak?" the sword said. "Only the ones that just took a beatdown from a god. shit. So you're the sword?" "Excalibur, at your service. Though the only wielder I've ever had who insisted on using that name was Arthur. Humorless prick." "Howabout calling you X?" Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629023357-1

"X works. Though I kinda was hoping for something more along the line of Oh magnificent one," X said. "Not happening. But at least it's nice of you to keep me company here, at the end," Bore said. "So you're dying?" "Pretty sure I am, yeah. Thor broke my staff, severed my link to magic, and left my magic eating me alive." "Well, I guess the quality of a man is known by his enemies. If you are going to die, having the son of the god of war come for you in person is a nice touch," X said. "I was kinda hoping not to die, yet. fudge, this hurts so much I'm starting to hallucinate." "I assure you I'm quite real." "Not you, sword. I thought I heard my girlfriend," Bore said. "That girl over there? Wearing some very well put together Sxhwartalf armour, actually." "Emily is here? But... how? Emily?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629023437-1

"My love? What happened? Molly found me, she was hysterical. Isisted I needed to come here, alone," she said. "I love you, Emily. It's nice to see you, one last time," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629023445-1

"You are scaring me, my heart. What is wrong with you? You are burning up, and I cannot sense your Spark," Emily said. "Torman betrayed me. Broke my staff, severed my magic. I'm dying, Emily," Bore said. "No! I will not let it happen. There must be something... anything we can do. How about Chloe?" "She dragged me here, but the Gate wouldn't let her in. I think the sword behind me was supposed to be the solution. But I can't draw it. Whatever destiny Merlin and my father planned screwed up, I'm no more the rightful king of England than I am the future Pope." "That sword, in he stone... is it Excalibur?" she said. "Yupp. Say hello, X" "She can't hear me, the link is to you. Sadly, the bloodline is not. I guess once you die I'll be able to find a new wielder, maybe this Harry fellow you mentioned," X said. "Thanks for nothing, sword," he said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:29 am

"My love? Who are you talking to? Are you saying the sword is Excalibur?" Emily said. "Yeah. It's talking to me, so I guess I'm its wielder. But it's also stuck in the stone, and I can't pull it out. Only the rightful King of England could do that," he said. "Get up, Bore. We need to try something." "I... I don't think I can, Emily. It hurts too much." "You need to stand up, my love. Please. For me?" she said. "I'll try. No guarantees I'll remain standing."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629023557-1

"You can always lean on me, my heart. Take the sword," Emily said. "It won't budge. I tried this already," Bore said. "I know. But I am the Heir to the Throne in Exile, and we never relinquished our claims. We are the rightful rulers of England. Let us do this together, Bore."
With a light pull, the sword slides smoothly out of the stone. It's surprisingly light, humming as it slices through the air. Almost immediately Bore's pain grows dull.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629023635-1

"Jeez, you weren't kidding about being a mess. Most of it is fixable, though. The big one is your magic," X said. "What happened? My pain... it disappeared," Bore said. "You're not patched up yet, if that's what you think. I'm just blocking the pain receptors. Useful trick to have, when most of your wielders end up dying on the battlefield." "So Arthus's not your only wielder?" "I've been a Spatha and a Kopis, a Katana and a Khopesh, a Talwar and a Scimitar. But I am always Excalibur," X said. "Not that I' not happy the pain's gone away, but I'm still dying, right?" "Yeah. I've never tried this before. First time my wielder is an Evoker, actually. You guys usually don't need a divine crutch." "I'm sorry you're stuck with the runt of the litter. But much as I enjoy chatting with you, I'd much rather spend my final moments with Emily," Bore said. "No time is passing. Or at least not in any meaningful sense. I once had a philosophical discussion with Rao that took place between an arrow launching from his bow and the moment it impacted with the eye of an enemy. Time is not your proble. Your Spark is." "Yeah, I know. I can't channel anything, and the magic is just kinda leaking into my body, burning it." "So what you need is a focus, right? The link that connects your magic to your will," X said. "I think so. The staff was what I attached the gems to."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 6 20220629023720-1

"Let's see if I can link to it. Bloody hell, boss, this is a lot of raw power. I've seen gods with less brute strength. Hell, I've killed gods with les strength, now that I think about it," X said. "Can you use it?" Bore said. "Hmm? Oh. Yeah, totally. I've drawn magic from a wielder before. It's just the difference between a candle and a wildfire." "It feels different, somehow." "Because you're no longer dying? Some people have said that makes them feel different," X said. "No, I mean my connection to magic. Like it's more alive now." "It's almost like there's a difference between a mythical blade and a stick of wood." "Not need to get pissy about it. Can we do anything new?" Bore said. "I've got some limited regeneration, in addition to the pain blocking. And I slice through pretty much anything, which can be useful for people that don't throw fireballs." "Sounds good. How're my injuries? It's a little disconcerting to know my body's a broken mess, and not feel anything. Though I guess it largely beats the alternatives." "I patched up the ribs. There was some internal bruising, but that was easy to deal with. Don't worry if you piss blood tomorrow, let's just say your kidney was a mess. You'll also be weak as a kitten, you might want to stay here until you recover. Doctor's orders," X said. "Anything else critical?" "Nothing that won't keep. Go sort out your lady friend with the fancy armour." "Indeed," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next