Saturn Reads Tarot
Saturn Reads Tarot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Donate Here

Ads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 Empty Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:12 am

First topic message reminder :

This is a visual novel. The setting is an Arthurian legend taking place in our time. Meet the pantheon and mythology of several cultures mixed together - including the Norse, Celt, Aztec and Japanese.
The NSFW screenshots will be hidden behind a link and password. Don't have it, you can ask me  Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 1f609
You know the deal, click on images to enlarge, click on links and use password to view the naughty stuff.
And without further ado, let us begin the story

Bore's home in the United States

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220628003120-1

"Oh... I can't believe it, my little baby is all grown up and leaving me." "Look, I'm 21. And I'm just going to college for my graduate stidies, not running away to join the Foreign Legion," Bore said. "But... but... it's in another country. Surely there must be nice collegues here in America you could go to? Maybe here in Frostburg, so you could still live at home?" "You know I love you Mom. But I really want to go there, they've got some really interesting courses that aren't offered here in the US. And they did offer me a full scholarship." "Yes, and I'm very proud of you. I can't remember if you told me... what was it awarded for?" she said. "Oh, I won it playing poker." "Oh, you're such a joker. So much like your father, God bless his soul. He could always bring a smile to my face no matter how sad I felt." "Mom... please don't stat crying. The cab will be here in a few minutes," he said. "You're ll I've got left from your father. And now you're leaving me, too." "Mom, he died before I was born. I know he meant a lot to you, but you've got to think about yourself as well." "He was... he wa one of a kind," she said. "You know I'll always be there for you, Mom." "(sniff) Anyway. Remember to call my friend the moment you touch down in England, okay?" "I'm going to Scotland, Mom," Bore corrected his mother. "Same thing. About my friend... do you have her phone number? Do you even remember her name?" "Og course, Mom." "That's good. And don't forget your computer," she said. "Laptop, Mom. Don't worry, I'm just charging it, so I've got something to do on the flight." "It's really nice that even on the plane you'll be studying. Such a good boy." "I doubt I'll be working. Just playing games and relaxing on the long flight," he said. "Well that's good. Wouldn't want you studying too hard." " It's nice of your friend to help me get settled in. Where do you know her from?" "Oh, she's a friend from... back then. When your father was here. We all stayed on a ranch in Oregon. There was always such life and happiness, and we'd all... well... never mind, you don't need to worry your little head about that. Grown-up stuff. Anyway, Chloe's an old friend, and she agreed to help you get settled in Edinburgh. I'm so glad you'll have someone there with you," she said. "Oh, great, Mom's middle aged friend is supposed to be my minder. So much for freedom, welcome crazy cat lady," Bore whispered to himself. "(sniff) I can't believe you're leaving me." "Mom. I'll be back at the end of the school year. We can chat over Facial and everything." "I'm sorry, dear. Iyt's just... you remind me so much of your father. It breaks my heart to lose you too," she said.
Bore gave his mother a tight hug.
"I love you, Mom. I'll be fine, don't worry so much," he said. "Just... be careful, okay? Promise me. No drinking, or chasing girls, or gambling, or doing anything dangerous." "Of course, Mom. I'm an adult. I'm heading off to college. How would I have time to do these kinds of things?" "I love you. Call! Stay safe... come back to me... please," she said. "Bye Mom," Bore said.

Last edited by Wotan on Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 Empty Re: Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:23 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629073011-1

"I think this is the place. Though I can't really imagine anything less like DGN1, this feels likw an aerobics studio or something. Ah, there's Molly."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629073030-1

Molly doesn't appear to have spotted Bore yet. She's working through some kind of gymnastics program, stretching and holding, a sheen of sweat covering her cleavage.
"I've gotta say, my Chosen looks pretty damned hot like this."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629073038-1

She catches a glimpse of him in one of the mirrors, flashing a quick smile, before continuing on seamlessly.
"It does give a man some ideas, watching her like this."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629073051-1

She adjusts her leotard a little before the next pose, her half-lidded eyes meeting his with a playful glance.
"Naugty Chosen," he said. "Do you like what you see, Master?" she said. "Always. Molly. So this is where all the Ceremial Magicians work out?" "Yes, Master. We've got to look good for our clients. Or or Master, of course... though the rest don't know that I'm not a Ceremonial Mage anymore." "I'm pretty sure you couls stream it as pay-per-view," Bore said. "Not any more, Master. I disabled all the cameras, after I heard what Sarah tried to do to you. But there used to be a couple of hidden cameras around the studio. One was really hard to spot, but the Voices helped out." "Good to know." "How may I serve you, Master?" Molly said. "You can strip down and grab that balance.bar, you little minx." "Oh, yes, Master. Only..." "Only what, Molly?" he said. "Nothing important, Master. Just that class starts in 5 minutes. That's why I was here warming up. But you don't mind an audience, right?" she said. "Actually, I totally mind. Not to mention you'd likely be tossed off the course if your teacher finds you fucking me in the classroom." "Yeah, that would be a total violation of mt chastity pledge. It would get me thrown off the course, if nothing else." "Chastity pledge? Really, Molly?" Bore said. "Believing that true love awaits, I make a commitment to Magic myself, my family, my clients, and my future mate to be sexually pure until the day I enter marriage." "You have got to be shitting me. Sexually pure lap-dancers. For inhuman monsters." "It' a living. Most ceremonial Mages don't last very long, like they drop out of the industry, get a boyfriend or something. But some are really good, like Sarah. She's been doing this for ever and ever. Mom was her grad-student 40 years ago, and she was already old back then," Molly said. "Fascinating. So you spend a lot of time here?" "I pretty much live here. Like, I've got a flat over by the Meadows but I'm here training unless I'm with you, or sleeping. Or, best of all, sleeping with you, Master. Once upon a time I wanted to become the best Ceremonial Mage ever. Now I just want to be the best I can for you, Master." "Looks like the rest of the class is arriving. I'll get lost before people strt talking," he said. "Master, they're, like, Ceremonial Magicians. If they didn't whisper behind people's back they'd, like, burst or something. And all the girls have boyfriends. Just not serious ones, like you. Anyway, I need to run to class. Don't be a stranger, now!" "See you later, Molly."

Back to top Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 Empty Re: Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:04 pm

"It feels like I really should spend more time working the Crowley at night. Chloe might be as relieable as a cat in heat, but she's helped me a lot. I'll check with her one of these nights, see if there's anything I can do to help her out."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629073403-1

The gorgeous blonde who enters the bar stands apart from the rest of the customers. Bore isn't quite sure why... she moves well, but there's no shortage of trained fighters and dangerous people here at night.
"Welcome to the Crowley Public House, can I get you anything?" he said. "A dark ale of some sort, whatever you recommend will no doubt be serviceable. I hear your employer prides herself on her taps," she said. "she certainly cares deeply about quality, yes." "Not often one finds an Evoker pulling pints. Interesting choice for a bar." "Mostly I work here as a bouncer, but things are quiet tonight. Serving beer helps me work my way throuh University. Your drink, that'll be £10," Bore said. "Fascinating. Here, £100. Keep the change." "Thank you, Ma'am. Not from around here, I take it?" "What makes you say that?" she said. "The tip. We're in Scotland, in case you missed it." "Ah. Well. Good servive should be rewarded, my... boss... always says." "Indeed. What dot you do, miss...?" he said. "Valery. Valery Reine. Just call me Val. I'm a lawyer, for my sins." "Well, we all have our sins, I guess. I'm Bore, by the way." "Good to meet you, Bore. I'm in Edinburgh for a business meeting, heard this was the place to meet the less... normie... community. Have a good drink, maybe pick up some company for the night," Valery said. "Looking like that I doubt you'll have any problems with either." "Perhaps. Though I'm very... picky. Choosy, as it were. But first a drink or two, put the whole dreary business out of my mind." "Been a bad day?" Bore said. "No more so than many others. I work for a boutique law firm out of Oslo, BFR&Co. We're small, but old and quite well-regarded. The son of one of our oldest customers managed to get in a spot of trouble here. Kids will be kids, you know." "Yeah, I guess some things will never change." "Very much so. I'm here trying to defuse the situation, prevent it from becoming some kind of a scandal. If I fail... well, heads will roll," she said. "Figuratively or literally?" "Both, possibly. No matter. You look like a kid who can handle himself in a fight. Ever thought of signing up?" "Signing up for what? I'm in the militia, if that's what you mean," he said. "I was thinking something more... high impact. More suitable for an Evoker than pouring pint. I doubt anyone's told you about this, but something is coming. Soon... likely inside the next 2-3 years." "What?" "Did you ever hear of Ragnarök?" Valery said. "The mythical end of the world? Sure." "Well. The problem with myths are that they usually contain a grain or two of truth. Something... let us call it Ragnarök, for the sake of argument... is brewing. The day it comes... well, a young Evoker might make his name, and his fortune." "Fighting in Ragnaräk?" Bore said. "Fighting on the side of Good against Evil. Standing in the shield-wall of Justice, against undead monsters, necromancers, and worse. Stepping out of an ordinary life and into the Sagas." "You've made this pich before, I take it." "A few times. Here, take my card. If you ever desire to take the step out of the mundane, give me a call," she said. "Valery Reine, Esq. - Asset Aquisitio & Strategic Services?" "That'd be me. Anyway, I'll be over here in the corner, enjoying this rather excellent pint. Do think about what that card means, Ragnarök is not something any man should have to face without friends at his side." "I can agree on that," he said. "I'm sure we'll meet again, Bore." "I suspect you're right, Val. Enjoy the ale, and thanks for the tip."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629073744-1

Bore settles in while he's waiting for Emily.
"Just chillin' at my private lake in Neverland. Where's Tinker Bell when you need her?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629073800-1

"Ready for our lessons, my love?" Emily said. "Of course. You wouldn't mind offering something to help sweten the pot?" Bore said. "You're thinking lecherous thoughts, my heart. Focus on the sword, or I shall give you a rap to remind you to keep your mind in the present." "Nothing... too lewd. Maybe a kiss, if I do land a touch? Seems fair." "And for that, you will give this your total concentration?" she said. "For a kiss, I'd give it 110% concentration." "Foolish man. But if it makes you work harder, I guess I will have to endure the hardship. Land a touch, and you shall have your kiss." "Deal. Let's go," he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:28 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629073840-1

The two of them face off, Emily moving gracefully around Bore, forcing him to swap his stance.
"You're manipulating me, aren't you?" he said. "Force your opponent to react in the ways you want. Make him think your traps are his opportunities, and that your plans are his own," she said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629073849-1

Bore fakes a misstep. It's a tiny movement, but enough to leave what appears to be a hole in his guard. Emily takes the bait, he lost count of the number of times she's spoken about the importance of footwork. If he mistimed this it's likely to end with a painful smack somewhere embarrassing to reinforce the lecture. Bore recovers gracefully, though his counter isn't quite as perfect as it was in his head. His lunge drives her onto the back-foot for the first time, and he moves to follow through. Emily's off balance for a split second, long enough for Bore to spot a weakness. He lunges forward, closing the distance faster than he's ever moved before. Emily blöocks the followup. Barely. But it opens up her guard, shattering her perfect stance. For a moment she's wide open. Using his full force, Bore swings at her. He caught her off-guard, her sword out of alignment. Halfway through the stroke he realizes he's about to hit her. Hard. With a frantic effort Bore manages to divert the strike, losing his grip and sending his wand spinning off towards the lake.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629074037-1

"That was too close, I was certain you were going to dodge that. Are you okay, Emily?" he said. "I am unharmed. That was... very well done, my heart," she said. "Well, apart from losing the sword. What was it you said? Hold it like a child's hand, softly enough not to hurt it, hard enough to not let it go? The child appears to have escaped. I guess I'll have to earn my kiss another day."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629074127-1

"I haven't landed a touch on you yet, Emily," Bore said. "No, but you deserve the kiss. You have grown, Bore. In the swor, as in other things," she said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629074152-1

"The armour is in the way, we should get rid of it," he said.

https://ibb.co/mhmsG6x

"You're quite perfect, do you know that?" Bore said.

https://ibb.co/7vf47jt

"I love you," he said.

https://ibb.co/Jtz47N8

"That was quite a kiss, my love," Bore said. "Well deserved. For both of us," Emily said. "We should do it again. Tomorrow?"

https://ibb.co/pRd02bL

"No, my heart. You are getting too good at the sword to spar idly, and not good enough yet to control your strokes. No more sparring until we fix your control," she said. "Makes sense, sadly. I'll continue to practice. Hopefully we can go back to sparring once I get better," he said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:25 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629074519-1

"Today will be the first time I get to have an actual Evoker lesson with Katie. I wonder what we'll be learning. Maybe Booker has some war stories to share, like how he's fought Gods or Frost Giants or Dragons? Anyway, I should get dressed and get going."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629074539-1

"Let's hope Katie actually shows up today. There she is. Looking hot, as always." "Eeeey! Bore. Good to see you," she said. "It's almost like we're normal students, going for class," he said. "Aye. It'll be fun. My brother always said Booker was a really excellent teacher. He's been places. Kicked down doors and taken name. Sometimes body-parts, as well." "Something weird happened, last week. He was showing me something, and it was like his eyes glowed." "Did they now. Interesting. Uncle sometimes does it, when he is close to losing control. And Dad used to do it when he was going to do something even crazier than normal," Katie said. "Booker mentioned it was related to power, somehow." "To being a Power. It means your Spark burns so brightly yer flesh cannae take it any longer. It leaks." "So you're saying your Uncle is a Power? And that Booker is one?" Bore said. "Aye, and that yer ex-teacher was a god. This ain't the kiddie legues any more, Bore. These people play for keeps." "So do we. Ready for lectures?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629074654-1

"Hi Bore. And I'm gonna guess this is my missing Maclachlan student, the hair fits. Your Gran sends her regards, Katie," Booker said. "So what's today's lecture about?" Bore wondered. "Emission Control. Katie's okay, but yours is a mess. And even in her case, the Spark is growing too fast. Gran mentioned it, it worried her. And there's not a lot of things that worry Gran. She's a hard lady, that one." "Why?" "Same destiny that is pushing you, I would imagine. Anyway, it means Katie's Spark is growing faster than she's learning to control it," Booker said. "So she's having a growth-spurt, is what you're saying. Going through the awkward adolescent stage, a little late. Yeah, I could see that." "Feck you, Bore. I've noticed that my spells are getting stronger. Much faster than they should," Katie said. "Yeah. We all are," he said. "Interesting. Not unheard of, people do rise to a challenge. Are you tied together, somehow? Blood brothers, for example?" Booker said. "Friends with benefts?" "Usually takes something a little stronger than that, or half the students on campus would run around blood-sworn to each other. How about some kind of sacred oath?" "Well..." Bore said. "Son, I cannae help you if you dun trust me. I get that... Torman... was a less than ideal substitute tacher, but I really am here to help you. Now spit it out." "There's a group of us. The Knights of the Lake. We got together, at the Glade, and made a felowship." "A Glade? I've felt a new one, on the paths. But every time I try to find it, it slides away from me. I've never seen anything like it before," Booker said. "Yeah. That's the one. It used to be Nimue's, now it's mine." "Is it now? And how does a broke young student get to own a priceless Glade? One that belonged to the Lady, of all people." "It was a gift. From my father, and my godfather," Bore said. "Does your young friend know who he is?" "Yeah, I don't have secrets like that with Katie." "So a gift from your god father, and your godfather. Gods don't make Glades, they're quite happy with the chaos of Elsewhere. But is a story involving Excalibur, I'm going to assume your godfather was Merling?" Booker said. "According to Nimue, yeah." "So. A sacred oath of fellowship, on land consecrated by your divine father. Yeah, that could tie their destiny to yours." "It sounds scary when you say it like that," Bore said. "This should scare you, Bore. These are Greater Powers, as far above us mortals as a Power stands above the Normies. They're shaping you for something." "The fire will burn, the hammer will fall, but the Sword of Mankind must be forged for what is to come." "And the Sword of Mankind, that would be you?" Booker said. "I think so. The prophecy was for me, at least. What does it mean?" "It means that you're being shaped to fight something. The Otsiders, I assume... that would line up with Merlin's legacy." "The hammer... I think that was probably Torman. Thor," Bore said. "Hush, lad. Don't speak the gods name, it sometimes attracts unwanted attention. Torman will do. And did the hammer-blow change you?" "Apart from crushing my ribs, and leaving me pissing blood for a week?" "Aye, apart from that. Don't be a big pussy, ye walked that one off," Booker said. "I guess... I guess it ended with me getting X. Excalibur, I mean. Which seems quite important." "Anyway. Your power is growing too fast. And you're bringing your friends along. So. I need you to learn to tamp it down a bit."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:00 am

"Gods damnit, lad. We've been at this forever, and if anything yer fecking Spark is brighter now than it was when we started," Booker said. "Sorry." "Actually... Boss?" "Yes, X?" Bore said. "I've been watching what you're trying to do. I think I could do it for you." "Really? Go for it." "What the feck just happened, Bore?" Katie said. "Did it work?" "If by work, you mean your Spark almost disappeared, yeah. If I didn't know it was there I'd assume you were a borderline Enchanter or something." "Interesting. X is helping out." "You may want to let him amp it up a little, right now you look weak enough to be prey. You want something in the middle, bright enough to warn people not to mess with you, not so bright they can spot you from the other side of the ocean," Booker said. "Try adjusting it, X. A little more power," Bore said. "Perfect. The colour's still all wrong, but at least now you look like a promising student Evoker, rather than something on the cup of becoming a Power." "Cool. Probably a useful trick." "Hey, Bore, remember we're meeting up with Emily and the rest at the Lake today," Katie said. "Crap. We should probably go. Thanks for the help, Professor Booker," he said. "No problems. Keep working on your visualization exercises, and I'll see you next week. And Bore?" "Yes?" "Katie mentioned Princess Pendragon is part of your little group. Make very certain that one is not a... friend with benefits. The Court is mot like our world, and things you consider normal here could land you both in a world of trouble. Do you understand?" Booker said. "Emily could never be just a friend with benefits to me." "Evokers and love. Every. Single. Fucking. Time. Can you at least keep it in yer pants until yer strong enough to make Erec think twice about having you buried in a shallow grave." "I'll try my hardest," Bore said. "I'm gonna assume that's as good as I'm gonna get. Okay, go have fun with your friends. Stay safe, and I'll see you here next week." "See you, Booker." "I'm gonna go pick up my gear, Bore. I'll see you at the Glade," Katie said. "Sounds good. Let's go find Emily. And get the Knights of the Lake together."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629075205-1

"Strange. Chloe is usually around. Anyway, let's get geared up. Emily said she'd be bringing her gear. If anyone comes in looking for a pint they're getting a free show. Maybe I'll get a better tip? Who am I kidding, this is Scotland."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629075219-1

"That feels better. Almost like the armour belongs with me. Hey, there's Emily."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629075234-1

"Good evening, my love. How did your day go? You feel different, somehow," she said. "Yeah, Booker taught me how to shield my Spark," Bore said. "Yes, now that you mention it. You look like a strong Evoker, not a walking bonfire. But you still look very handsome." "Let's head down to the basement."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:01 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629075257-1

"Let me get changed, my heart," Emily said. "Of course."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629075306-1

"What are you looking at?" "I'm just enjoying the sight," Bore said. "Foolish man. You've seen... and done... far more lewd things with me," she said. "I still love watching you like this. You look fantastic." "I love you too, Bore. Now stop ogling, and let me get dressed. We will be late." "Okay. Sadly," he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629075333-1

"I miss the untamed Elsewhere around the Court, but this is gorgeous as well. And it will always remind me of our early day together," Emily said. "When we're old, surrounded by children and grandchildren," Bore said. "Surely children would spoil the girlish figure you seem to love so much." "I believe in the power of magic, and healthy exercise. Anyway, you'd look wonderful in any shape."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629075433-1

"Welcome, Promised One. Your Companions await you inside." "Thank you, Gate," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629075445-1

"Master! Welcome. I missed you." "I missed you too, Molly," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:20 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629075456-1

"We're all here, Boss. Time for us to work out how to take down Torman. No offense, Katie," Bella said. "Yeah."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629075504-1

"Only offense Ah'm takin' is if I cannae set the wee cunt on fire meself. Ah've got some paying back to do. In full," Katie said. "Indeed."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629075511-1

"Ignore Torman, people. You have more immediate problems," Chloe said. "I've got worse problems than the Go of Thunder?" Bore said. "Thor is ignoring you, for the moment. He's a God, they live by different timescales than us." "And what's our immediate problem?" "I just heard from my source at the Court. Your secret is out, that you're dating Emily, and that she's no longer a virgin,"she said. "What?" "Erec is furious. And under intense pressure, he promised Emily's hand to Lord Jerkow, as a bribe to gain his support. To fob him off with pre-used goods would be an intolerable insult." "There is no way in hell I'm letting that happen," he said. "You're not going to be around to stop it. Erec has called the Hunt. They ride on Sunday. I told you a long time ago, Bore... the Great Hunt is a bad enemy for a God, never mind a young Evoker. The Embassy just got orders to escort Emily back to the Court, where she'll be married to Lord Jerkow as sooon as possible." "I... I can't believe this is happening." "You have no idea how sorry I am about this, Bore. But I tried to warn you," Chloe said. "Emily... what do we do? I have no intention of letting some inbred moron marry you against your will," he said. "And I have no intention of letting my fool of a father kill you, my heart. We could elope? To America. The Hunt would not dare follow us into the shadow of the Aztec Pantheon," she said. "But what about your duty to the Throne." "My duty is to you. To us. Loyalty is a two-way street, and my father has squandered my loyalty to him. This is just the last stra. The Hunt does not gather until Sunday, we can be on a flight to New York tonight." "No," Bore said. "My love, even you cannot fight the Hunt. Though there would be hell to pay, once the Fae found they had been asked to slay the son of the Horned God... you would still be dead." "There is no Hunt until Sunday. Right now there's only Erec. And whatever bootlickers he has surrounded himself with." "What lunacy are you planning, Bore?" Chloe said. "We go and have a chat with him. Tomorrow morning. The Sword that was Lost has been found. The Future King has returned. And Erec is about to sign up for early retirement."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:14 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629075706-1

"This is madness, Bore, you're likely to get really badly hurt. Or killed. Erec is a 300 year old Power, not some petty defiles you can smack around for lusting after your harem," Chloe said. "And I am the Sword of Mankind. I will not run like some stag, with the hunt after me. I didn't start the fight, but I fully intend to end it," he said. "Erec is a master Enchanter, and an expert swordsman. I doubt you'd even get through his shield, never mind dent his armour. Be reasonable." "Bella, I got a gift for you. Do you think you can hit Erec with this bolt?" "I can hit a man's eye at 200 yards. What does it do?" Bella said. "A gift from my friendly Schwartalf perv. It destroys shiels. Completely. After that we'll see how keen our master Enchanter is to tangle with Excalibur, and an angry Evoker," he said. "We're planning to invade the Court in Exile?" Katie said. "Something like that." "Bore you absolute madlad, I think I'm in love." "So you're in?" he said. "Oh, fecking yes. Bella, we do this, we're drinking for free, forever. Just imagine... Katie and Bella, the Reavers of Camelot!" "Emily, my love? This is your father, your home. If you say no, we'll think of something else." "I... Horned God forfend, you are insane. But the Hunt will not gather until Sunday. And nobody else would be crazy enough to think up something like this. If... if we are to do this, we could likely catch him off.guard. If he loses, I think I could convince him to step aside, peacefully," Emily said. "Molly?" "Of course, Master! But it's strange. The voices agree... this is what you have to do. But it saddens them," she said. "I'm about ro go fight, and possibly kill, my girlfriend's father. It saddens me too. But he set the rules of the game. Not me."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629075716-1

"We are coming too, Bore," she said. "It's good to have you along, Akane," he said. "What? Have you lost your mind? Akane-sama, you are here to gather allies, not invade the Court. Your Father is going to have a stroke!" Kitsune said. "The fox may have a point, Akane. You're here as an envoy." "I'm here to stop the end of the world. And that means aiding you, and the Knights of the Lake. No matter what. Gods help me," Akane said. "Dylan?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629075752-1

"I'm... this is crazy, Bore. You're talking about attacking Camelot. About picking a fight with Erec Pendragon, the King in Exile," Dylan said. "He picked the fight. Not me. Are you in? No hard feelings if you choose to step aside," Bore said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:10 am

"I ain't backing out, Bore. I'm with the Knights of the Lake no matter what. But this is still crazy. Less than two months ago I was an aspiring surgeon, and now I'm launching an assualt on Camelot," Dylan said. "How about you, Chloe?" Bore said. "I have no desire of getting anywhere within a thousand miles of Camelot, Bore. This is a terrible plan. Take your girl, go see the Big Apple. Watch a musical, or something. I'll lend you the cash for tickets if you're broke," she said. "Not happening. Tomorrow w ride, for Camelot." "We ride to Camelot! For doom, or glory!" Katie said. "For doom, or glory..." "Boss, I'll take Katie and get things ready for tomorrow. We'll see you at the Crowley in the morning." "Thanks, Bella," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629075822-1

"We will see you there, as well. Until we meet again, Bore." "See you, Akane. Foxy," he said. "Okay, I'm going to see if there's any last minute cramming I can do to help out. I'll be at the University Library, if you need me." "Probably not, but I'll see you tomorrow, Dylan."
"... yeah, like you should totally do that. My best friend, Amy, well... I call her best friend, but she was a bit of a bitch. And a complete slut. But anyway, she was saying that in that position the cock hits like all the way inside you, if it's big enough. Like Master's. So..." "Molly?" Bore said. "Yes, Master?" "What did I say about discussing my sex life?" "Don't do it where you can hear us, Master?" she said. "That's not... oh, never mind. Stop corrupting my girlfriend, Molly. That's my job." "Your Chosen is merely offering up some suggestions, my heart. For things we could try together," Emily said. "So you're coming back to the Crowley tonight then?" "If you will have me? Otherwise I shall need a hotel, returning to the townhouse seems unwise." "Of course. Always. Is there anything you need to buy? We could go shopping together," Bore said. "No, but thank you, my love. The truth is that even without Chloe's reveal I was going to ask if you wanted me to stay the night. I've missed your touch, and the feeling of waking up next to you. Who knows what the future holds?" "There's nothing in the world I'd want more." "Then it's good fortune I brought a change of clothing, and my toiletries," Emily said. "Indeed. Let's go."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629075921-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629075929-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629075957-1

"I'll just tag along with you guys, Master," Molly said. "Oh?" "To the Crowley, I mean. It's dangerous for a pretty young girl like me to roam the paths, all alone and innocent." "I'm reasonably certain you've never been innocent in your life, Molly?" he said. "Master?" "But that's fine, I love you just as you are." "Yes, Master!" she said. "Okay, we're here. After you, ladies." "Thank you, brave Sir Knight," Emily said. "A pleasure, my ladies." "Okay, Master, I'm going to leave Emily to you. She deserves a nice night, promise me," Molly said. "Of course." "And Emily, remember what I told you about the underwear." "Molly, you don't wear underwear," Bore said. "Exactly, Master. Have a great night, both of you. See you tomorrow." "What exactly did she tell you about underwear?" "Nothing, my heart. Now, may I suggest you take a shower?" Emily said. "Do I smell that badly?" "of course not, my love. I will be waiting for you in your room. Do not take too long." "Sure."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629080042-1

"Weird. Did I forget to shower recently? I should probably make sure I shower regularly."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:28 pm

https://ibb.co/Gvcdv1K

"There you are, my love. Finally. Now come to bed with me," she said. "You look amazing, Emily," Bore said. "I did ask Molly which panties to wear, and she said 'nothing'. It seems to work, by the look of your thing." "Oh yes. I love you in that lingerie." "And I love watching your face when I wear it. Now come to bed, my heart. Molly's desription of the pose she called doggystyle sounded quite intriguing," Emily said. "Oh yes. Very much so." "Then I shall rely on you to teach me. Tell me what to do..." "Could you kneek on the side of the bed, with your ass towards me?" he said.

https://ibb.co/b5Vr8fj

"Like this?" she said. "Perfect," he said. "I feel quite... exposed... here. Are you certain I am doing it right?" "Trust me, my love, you are perfect in every way."

https://ibb.co/gMk8pm2
https://ibb.co/GnMCDMp

"Please, Bore... I want to feel you inside me... please. I want to be one with you," Emily said.

https://ibb.co/QXM3zg4

"That feels so different," she said.

https://ibb.co/NVWpN0y
https://ibb.co/xLyXGyv

"This is... so good. Keep going. Faster. Oh... gods," Emily said.

https://ibb.co/KWWvNsJ
https://ibb.co/hMqr9Bg

"Oh, my love... that was amazing," she said. "Is that your favorite position?" Bore said. "I do not know yet. We shall have to try them all first, before I can decide." "Okay, give me a minute to recover." "Though not tonight, my heart. We have a long day tomorrow. And I need a shower as well. Quite badly," Emily said. "Ah well, there's always another time."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:36 pm

"That was amazing. And Emily is really opening up, sexually. I wonder what I should do to prepare for our next  date."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629080401-1

"I hope you don't mind that I forgot to bring a t-shirt?" she said. "No, not at all. You look amazing," Bore said. "And tomorrow... tomorrow we confront my father. It is a hard thing, my love, for a child to have all their trust in their father pulled away like this. But he made his choice. And I have made mine. We stand together, you and I. Against anything." "Yes. We do."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629080501-1

"Now come to bed, my heart. Hold me tight, help me drive away the cold and the darkness," Emily said. "Always."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629080516-1

"So. Erec. What was it Katie said... Ye'd be better off punching a Dragon. Understand me, Bore. He's dangerous. He is one of the Powers. People still swear by the King in Exile. Ye kenna fight what is nearly a god. Well, Brass, it looks like you're coming along when we go to fight him anyway. Not a moment's hesitation, neither. I don't know if that's bravery or just her being crazy. Probably both. No matter what, I have to do this. The asshole is planning to give Emily away as some kind of party-favor. For that alone he needs to step down. One way or another."
Bore drifts into uneasy sleep. Tomorrow they fight a Power. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:16 am

"And so it begins. Wake up, my love. We have something important to do today," he said. "Hmmm? Bore, just once... could we wake up to sweet nuzzling, without the world ending?" Emily said. "Wll, we tried to play it by your world's rules, look where that got us."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629080548-1

"I am not blind, dearest Knight, It is far too likely either you, or my father, will be dead by the time the sun sets today. No matter who wins that conflict, I will lose," she said. "I'm sorry, my love. We could still go, we've got the cash. We could be on a plane before noon, I could show you the East Coast. Such as it is," he said. "No, you could not leave. Not like this. Not without losing a fundamental part of your soul. If I tried to make you, you might go. But you would be lesser for it. I love you too much to do that to you." "So what do we do?"

https://ibb.co/Nng23Fd

"We follow the plan, my love. There is not much else we can do. My father must be shocked awake, and deposed from the throne. For that we need force, enough to make him understand that we are serious. That I am serious," Emily said. "It sometimes seems like you're the king to Come, and I'm only pretending," Bore said. "Queen, my love. One hopes that you would have noticed the differences by now. But without you, I could all too easily see myself following in my father's footsteps. Playing zero-sum games with the nobles, as the world burns around us. In you I see something greater." "It scares me." "That we are about to attack my father, the King in Exile? March towards Camelot itself?" she said. "No. Not that part. That either works, or it doesn't. But I think we've got a decent shot at this, assuming we can catch him without a bunch of knights around him." "Then what?" "If we win... when we win, I'll end up as the King in Exile," he said. "That is your destiny, my heart." "I struggle to balance my checkbook. What the hell do I know about running a kingdom?" "I will be there to teach you, my heart. We will do this together," Emily said. "I think I'll leave the actual running to you. I can relax at the golf course, or something. Maybe get a yacht for the Lake." "Terrible man, leaving all the hard work to me." "Are you ready for this?" Bore said. "No. But the world does not ask if we are ready, it gives us the challenge and expects us to rise to it." "Sink or swim." "I do wish you would stop talking about this as it was swimming. Especially since I would sink, like a rock," she said. "Just trust me, I'll keep you afloat." "Time to get dressed , and wake up. Our friends are waiting for us downstairs." "How do you know?" he wondered. "Can you not sense Katie's Spark, downstairs? Dylan is more subtle, but it is still there." "Nah, I'm completely crap at that kind of thing. Poor Booker despairs, though he did give me some meditation exercise. In the meantime, X helps me out when I need it." "You should do the exercises, my heart. You do not know what you're missing out on, the Sparks are beautiful," Emily said. "You're already all the beauty I need." "Thank you, my love. Now let us go greet our friends." "Indeed," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:36 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629080706-1

"Ey, Bore! Finally dragged yerself and the princes out of bed?" Katie said. "Something like that, yeah. Everyone ready?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629080715-1

"We're all here, Boss. The rest of the Knights of the Lake are down by the portal," Bella said. "Then let's go. This isn't going to get any easier by waiting," Bore said. "Lead the way, Boss." "Let's go, Emily."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629080726-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629080738-1

"Good morning, Master. Emily, how was last night? Did you do that thing I told you about?" "Molly, no dissecting my sex-life in public, please," he said. "But Master!" "Chosen." "Okay, Master," Molly said. "Everyone else ready? Bella, do you have the resonance bolt?" "Of course, Boss. Loaded and ready," she said. "We only get one shot with that. If you miss, you'll be playing fetch." "Sounds fun, Boss. I won't let you down." "Katie, we're fielding two Fists. I'll take point of the first, you're taking point on the second," he said. "Aye, Bore. I've got this," she said. "Bella, Kitsune... keep the squishies safe. Kitsune and Akane, you guys go with Katie. Bella, you're with me." "Yes, Boss," Bella said. "Emily, you're with me, of course. And Molly, I think." "If I can make a request, my love. I would prefer Dylan accompany us," the princess said. "Of course, Emily. Any specific teason?" "Because ours is the Fist meant to fight Erec. And if my father is injured in the exchance..." "You'll want Dylan there, to keep him alive. Forget I asked," Bore said. "Even with all this... he is still my father. I do not want to watch him die, if I can prevent it," Emily said. "No, I totally understand. I'd much rather have him retired than dead, as well. Molly, that means you're under Katie's wings. Feel free to draw magic fro me, if she needs a hand." "Yes, Master," Molly said. "No sulking, Chosen. I'll get you a nice reward afterwards." "Oh yes, Master." "Everyone ready? Then let us ride, to Camelot," he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:24 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629080916-1

"We have about two hours worth of travel to go," Emily said. "What can you tell me about Camelot?" Bore said. "That it is home? Beautiful gardens surround a fortress that has never been breached. But with a little luck, we shall be inside the gates before they even know we are there. Let me do the talking, the guards know me well." "Sounds like a plan."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629080932-1

"Master? Just a question?" Molly said. "Sure?" "Are we walking straight to Calemot now?" "Yes, Molly. It's not that far, the exercise will do you good. Now stop complaining," he said. "I'm not complaining. Like, I only ask because Erec isn't in that direction." "What?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629081000-1

"Your Chosen is correct, Bore. King Erec isn't at Camelot, I see him on the Northern Moors, halfway between here and Camelot," Akane said. "Did he call the Hunt early? Are we wandering straight into an ambush?" he said. "I... I don't think so, Bore. He appears to be alone. Looking for something." "On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. it is a silly place. Let's check out the Moors instead." "Hey, Boss. There's something I've been meaning to talk to you about," X said. "You think this is a terrible idea?" "Probably? But my wielders have terrible ideas all the time, usually they do fine." "Good to know," Bore said. "Of course, in the end they always die miserably. So there's that." "Thanks for the morale boost, X." "No, what I wanted to talk to you about was Barrier," X said. "Oh, the blocking move. I thought you said I wasn't ready for that, yet." "I think you are. You've spent a lot of time training. If you're not as ready as I'd like you to be, you're getting close." "So. Barrier. What do I need to know?" Bore said. "Let me know when you want me to shield. I think I can only do it once per fight, right now, but with practice it should get easier." "Sounds useful." "It should be one hell of a surprise for Erec when his sword just bounces off you," the sentient sword said. "Indeed. Good work, X."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629081134-1

"We're getting close, Boss. He's around here somewhere," Bella said. "Where?" "I cannot sense him, my love. He is shielding his presence," Emily said. "I knew this was getting too easy. Molly, anything from the Voices?" Bore sighed. "No, Master. Well... there is something. But i don't know what it means. But I think we're meant to split up, here. Katie going left, and you ging right. If we go together, something terrible will happen," Molly said. "Well, that's not reassuring." "Sorcery does not do reassuring, my heart. Though it doe appar to have plans for you," Emily said. "If only I had a better idea of what those plans were. But someone needs to turn back the Outsiders, I guess. As long as the Voices need me, how bad could it get?" Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:22 am

"Okay, Bore. I'll take my Fist this way. If ye need me, you know my bat-signal," Katie said. "Sure. A giant pillar of fire in the sky?" he said. "You know me too well. Stay safe, Bore." "Yoo too, Katie. Light up the skies, I'll get there, somehow." "I think I've got a track, Boss. Follow me," Bella said. "Let's go." "I sense him, my heart... I... I think I should try to talk to him. One last time. Convince him to step aside voluntarily, before we are forced to destroy him," Emily said. "And give him a chance to capture you? Hold you hostage? Not happening," Bore said. "I... just... there must be a peaceful solution to this. I cannot believe he is so far gone, even with his rage, and pride." "Bella, where is he?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629081215-1

"Right around the corner. 100 meters or so. Once we clear that hill we should see him," Bella said. "Okay. Let's try this. We're not giving him a chance to grab Emily. But I'll talk to him," Bore said. "But, my love..." Emily said. "He either accepts me as an ally. Or he has me as an enemy. Those are his two options. We've tried your ways, love... they didn't work. Bella?" "Yes, Boss?" "If you hear me raise my voice, I want you on top of us, loaed for Erec. Check?" he said. "Check, Boss. Stay safe," Bella said. "Time to go meet my future father-in-law, I guess."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629081247-1

"What are you doing here, you woebegotten fool." "Erec, I have come to talk to you. Man to man," Bore said. "Then come back when you are a man, punk." "fudge you too. If you want to do this the hard way, I'm certainly willing to dance."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629081309-1

"I remember you. You are that peasant Emily tried to introduce me to. The Evoker runt she claimed had saved her," he said. "I have come here about the Hunt, Erec. And about your plans to marry Emily to Lord Jerkow. I'm not going to let you ruin her life like that," Bore said. "Jerkow is a Peer of the Realm, peasant. And I will marry my daughter to whom I choose. Now get lost, I will deal with you after the Hunt." "The Hunt's cancelled, Erec. As is your planned wedding. I'm not going to let you go through with it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:05 am

"When I want you to have an opinion on my affairs, child, I will give it to you. You are not worthy of cleaning Lord Jerkow's boots with your tongue, and here you are trying to stop his wedding," Erec said. "Emily doesn't love him. Surely you remember love? What you once felt for Emily's mother? How can you deny Emily that happiness?" Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629081337-1

"If you mention Eila one more time, peasant, I will rip your tongue out. Emily's young, she does not know what love is. In the end she will understand I'm right. Now begone," Erec said. "Did you really think I would let you call the Hunt on me like this, and I wouldn't do anything? That I woul let you murder me, just because I slept with your daughter?" Bore said. "You did what?" "This isn't the 15th century, Erec. You don't get to kill your daughter's boyfriend, just because they had sex. And you don't get to marry her off without her consent. I won't let you." "Did you despoil my daughter, peasant? You have no conception of what you have set in motion. I should kill you for that. Now," Erec said. "Are you saying you didn't know? About me and Emily?" "How on earth would I know? I assumed the stupid girl had the sense to keep her knees together for 2 months without a minder. Seems I was wrong. I guess she inherited a weakness for Evoker half-breeds from her mother. At least this time I shall have the pleasure of killing you myself." "As if you didn't plan for that already. The game's up, Erec. I know about the planned hunt on Sunday. That you were coming to kill me," Bore said. "Do you think you're the first Evoker I have killed, godling? That I would need to bother my allies for such a trivial task? If I wanted you dead, the first thing you would know was your head leaving your shoulders." "Then why did you need the Hunt? Backup, in case you're getting weak in your dotage?" "I am gathering the Hunt, lowborn, because a Great Wyrm has been spotted on the Moors. Left unchecked it will wreck our outlying settlements. What on earth made you think I would gather the Hunt for you?" Erec said. "Chloe said..." "That bitch Sorceress. Again. Does she never stop meddling in my affairs? Now begone, fool. Once I'm done with this Dragon, I will deal with you. Permanently." "Not happening, Erec. It's time for you to step aside, let Emily take charge," Bore said. "I think not, Evoker. It seems the dragon can wait a little, while I deal with you myself." "Bella! We've got a breakdown in negotiations. Time to bring out the artillery." "Emily? You brought my daughter? Here?" Erec said. "Okay, we've tried the friendly option, Erec. There won't be no wedding, or no Hunt. Step aside gracefully. Or do not, and we will deal with you." "You brought my daughter to the hunting grounds of a Great Wyrm? Are you witless, as well as stupid?" "Last chance, Erec," Bore said. "Something is coming, Boss. Something big," Bella said. "What?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:18 am

"The Dragon. You witless half-breed, you brought too many people. The Wyrm has sensed us," Erec said. "Then I guess we will have to deal with it," Bore said. "Goddamned fool. If a half-trained Evoker could deal with it, why would I call on the Lords of the Fae. This is more than you can handle. If you care for my daughter, get her out of here. I'll deal with you later." "What?" "Too late, Boss. It's here!" Bella said. "Get in close. X, time to shine," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629081536-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629081540-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629081543-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629081547-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629081550-1

"Holy crap, Boss. That hurt. We can't take another blast like that," X said. "I don't think Erec can take another blast like that, neither," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629081611-1

"Father! Oh gods... what have I done?" the princess said. "Emily! Careful," Bore said. "I'll go with her, Bore. Maybe... maybe I can help, or something. Focus on the Dragon," Dylan said. "Okay, Bella. I guess it's you and me. Stay back and get ready to cover me," Bore said. "Holy shit, Boss... that's one fucking ugly lizard!" Bella said. "We've got to hold this bastard until Emily and Dylan get back." "Boss, it's got an absolutely insane shield." "Yeah, I noticed, Bella, time to try your new toy. Take it down."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:26 am

"We are here, my heart," Emily said. "How is your father?" Bore said. "He's... he did not make it." "I'm sorry, Emily." "He was... he was not the best father. But he was all I had left, after Mother..." she said. "I'm here for you, Emily. I'll always be here for you." "I know. I love you too. I brought my father's sword, Secace. It was once the sword of Sir Lancelot, the Dragon slayer. Fitting... I have a debt to repay those reptiles. In blood and fire." "Take care, my love," he said. "Filthy reptiles. You have taken my Mother. You have taken my Father. Today, I start the act of repaying you. Sing, Secace... now you shall feast on the flesh of Dragons."
The sword glows, a bright blue flame glowing inside it. Almost faster than the eye can track, Emily rushes forward towards the dragon. Magic boosts her speed, her feet barely touching the ground. With a dancer's grace she dodges a claw, Secace biting deeply into the flesh in return.
"For my parents, you filthy lizard," Emily said.
She moves in for a second strike, but a massive claw sends her scurrying back before she has a chance to strike. She quickly returns to Bore's side.
"It is... it is not enough, my love. I know the steps, I know the moves... but I am no Lancelot," she said. "You did well, Emily. You did amazingly," Bore said. "It's too powerful, Bore. Even if we hold it until Katie gets here, there's no way we can take this thing," Bella said. "I'm not ready to give up yet," Bore said. "Neither am I. Excalibur, cast Bless," Emily said. "X, that's the spell I was talking about. Where is it coming from?" he said. "Look at her, Bore. Where do you think the spell is coming from?" "It was always Emily, wasn't it?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629082808-1

"Careful, Boss. It's going to use that godwaful firebreath again. Barrier's not ready yet!" X said. "Can you get us a partial Barrier? That fucking thing went through Erec's shields as if they weren't there," Bore said. "Maybe? A much smaller one. But I can't cover both you and the others, they're too far back." "So you can shield me. Or you can shield Emily, and the rest? That's not much of a choice." "Bore, you can't do this. You're risking the fate of the world here," X said. "Without her, I don't really need the rest of the world. Shield them for me, X." "If you fall, that still leaves her facing an angry dragon. Alone." "I've got a Royal Flush lined up. I don't know if it'll knock it out, but it will sure as hell know it's been kissed," he said. "I... It's been an honor, Bore." "Same, X. If you have any say in who your next wielder is, look to Emily. She's far more worthy of you than I ever was." "Here it comes. Stay safe, Winter Child," X said. "Shield them well, X"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629082951-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629082958-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629083007-1

"Nooooo!" Emily cried. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:58 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629083021-1

"The fire will burn, the hammer will fall, but the Sword of Mankind must be forged for what is to come. The damned Voices knew this would happen. I feel strange... numb. And I can't see anything." "I shut down the pain receptors. All of them. There's not much else I can do," X said. "That's not reassuring," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629083044-1

"You have no idea how sorry I am about this, Bore. But I tried to warn you." "I wonder where Chloe is?" he said. "Back at the Crowley, I assume. That last attack... it was enough. I think it had to drop its guard to use its fire breath, or something. You killed it," X said. "No, I didn't I hit it like a freight train, but it was still alive afterwards. Then someone shot it, the last thing I saw before the flames arrived was its head exploding."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629083058-1

"Beware sorcery, my heart. To the Voices the end justifies any means, they shape reality like a potter shapes clay, and never think to ask the clay if it wanted to become a vase, or if the resulting beauty was worth the heat of the kiln. Good advice, my love. Like always. I wish I had listened." "What do you mean, shot it. Who shot it?" X said. "Chloe, I'd assume. Unless there's an army of sorceresses dragging anti-tank rifles through Elsewhere. She's out there somewhere," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629083132-1

"No. Oh Horned Lord, please... no. Not Bore as well. Do not take everything I love from me. Not again. Dylan! Help him!" Emily said. "Emily, I'm sorry... there's nothing I can do. Nothing mortal magic can do, even if I had him on an operating table at the Royal Infirmary, and every expert in Eduínburgh at hand. He's dying. I'm so very, very sorry, Emily," Dylan said. "How about you, x? Can you fix it?" Bore said. "No... I wouldn't even know where to start. Your eyes... your eyes are gone. The flesh is burned to a crisp," X said. "Explains why I can't see anything." "You should be dead. Only your Evoker strength keeps you here, and even that is failing." "Any chance you can fix my vocal cords, at least? So I can say goodbye to Emily," Bore said. "I'll... I'll try. Though it will drain what little reserves you have left." "It doesn't sound like I have any better use for the reserves. I think I see something. With my third eye. Booker was right, all I needed to do was learn how to let go of my normal eyes."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629083201-1

"Bore..." X said. "I see Emily's Spark. It's beautiful, and pure, and strong. Just like her," he said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:08 am

"Your voice works, Bore. But that's all I can do, there's no more energy to draw from," X said. "And I see another Spark. With the golden glow of Evoker powers. Her name is Elanora," he said. "Bore? My love, can you hear me?" Emily said. "She will be strong, and beautiful, like her mother... take good care of her, Emily. I wish I could be there to see her grow up." "My love... I need you to do something for me." "Anything in my power, my love. Which isn't much right now," Bore said. "I need you to say something for me." "Of course." "I, Bore, take you, Emily Elanora Pendragon, to be my wife," she said. "Emily, my love... I won't make you a widow on your wedding day." "Please, Bore. If you love me. I need you to say the words. For me. For... for Elanora." "If it matters so much to you... I, Bore, take you, Emily Elanora Pendragon, to be my wife," he said. "To have and to hold from this day forward..." "To have and to hold from this day forward. I just wish it was longer. And that I could feel the touch of your hand, one last time." "... for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer..." Emily said. "For better or for worse, for richer, for poorer. You've made my life richer, and better. In every way." "... In sickness and in health..." "In sickness and in health. Though, now that I think about it, the healthy part was more fun," Bore said. "... to love and to cherish..." "... to love and to cherish. Always." "... until death do us part," she said. "Until death do us part. In a couple of minutes. I love you, Emily. My only regret is that I didn't meet you earlier, or tell you that more often."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629083331-1

"By the power vested in me as Queen of the Court of Camelot, I declare us husband and wife," Emily said. "I think... I'm out of time, my heart. Take care, both of you. I love you, always," Bore said. "Maybe, Dylan... what mortal magic cannot heal, that of a God can. Come back to me, Bore. You are my lover. My husband. My King." "Emily, what are you doing?" "I am completing the Mantle, my love. All hail the Promised One. All hail King Bore the First," she said. "What... is happening?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629083348-1

"All hail the Winter king," Emily said.
Darkness catches Bore, and he feels himself slipping away. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:12 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629083401-1

"Do you have any understanding of how close you came to dying? To ruining evrything? Fifteen hundred years of planning, the fate of the world. And you're willing to throw it away, for a girl?" the Horned Lord said. "Ah, so I'm still alive. I was wondering about that," Bore said. "You're alive, barely. How did you know the Mantle would heal you?" "I didn't. Wouldn't have made a difference if I did, Emily's life is more important. Especially now." "And the fate of the world? Did you completely ignore the millions who would die without you? Would you scarifice all of them, for your girl?" the Horned lord said. "A death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic, you can't really understand something like that. I'd be sad if Mom died, or Bella, or even poor, foolish, Olivia. But a million strangers is just a number. I will fight for what is mine. My Companions. My wife. My daughter. My home." "You are no Arthur." "No, I'm afraid not. You screwed up, Dad. You and Merlin both," Bore said. "Oh, I meant that in a good way. Arthur was an asshole. He got all my Chosen killed, never mind the bloom of Camelot. If I'd known what the outcome would be, I would have never signed up for it." "And Merlin? Did he know?" "Probably. That man played 5-dimensional chess against reality itself, and never lost a game. I just wish he hadn't been so careless with the pieces, I cared for some of them," the Horned Lord said. "How much do you know? Of what is to come?" "Not much. I know the Outsiders will return, this time in full force. I know the goal was to use you against them. But a lot of the possible futures end differently. If you die, the world will burn. Millions will die, gods and mortals." "Why did you leave us? Mom and me? Why didn't you bring her to Tir na nÒg, make her a Chosen?" Bore said. "Your mother's magic made being around her a constant chalenge. A pleasant one, centainly, but exhausting. And I needed to keep you hidden, both Courts have been compromised by the Cult." "What do you mean, about Mom's nature? She's not a mage." "No, but she had her own... magic. She's what Ailidh called Blessed by the Voices, a Sorceress in such complete harmony with the underlying music that separating her will from that of the Voices is impossible," The Horned Lord said. "Come on, Mom's not a Sorceress. I should know, I've been quite intimately familiar with two of them." "I assure you she is. I have been quite intimately familiar with far more of them. Including your mother. Mot Sorceresses listen and let themselves be guided by the Voices. A few, exeedingly strong ones, can influence the flow of probablilty and the future. But your mother bends reality without even thinking about it." "How? she's a smalltown veterinarian, not anyone important," Bore said. "I would assume she has what she wanted. A job she loves, where she works with things she loves. A handsome son, destined for great things. A world where the rain only falls when it's convenient." "She didn't get you. She still misses you, you know." "I wouldn't be what she needed. Her dreams were for a handsome stranger to sweep her off her feet, then for her life to go on as she had planned. Which it did," the Horned Lord said. "And her bending reality? Why didn't it just sweep you back when she wanted you?" "My roots are deep, I'm hard to move. Though I could feel the wind of her will shaking the branches those first couple of months. And occasionally since." "But... why? Why her? Why a small town girl in America?" Bore said. "Merlin wanted to try something, to combine my bloodline with the most potent bloodline of Sorcery he could find. To create something new." "Then he screwed up. I'm not a sorcerer... there's no voices whispering guidance in my ear. My actions are my own. Even when I fudge up." "Perhaps. Though your mother would have said the same, if less crudely. I decided a long time ago not to bet against merlin, the bastard usually got what he wanted," the Horned Lord said. "But why America? Why not here, or at your Court?" "Because the Courts, both Tir na nÒg and Camelot, are compromised." "And Chloe? She set me up for this BBQ, didn't she? Is she one of your Chosen as well?" Bore said. "Chloe isn't anyone's Chosen. Hasn't been for a long time. She serves herself and the Voices." "She set me up. She knew this would happen." "Likely. And if she hadn't?" the Horned Lord said. "I wouldn't have become Crème Brûllèe?" "Stop whining. What else?" "Erec would still be king. Emily would be engaged to Lord jerkow, not married to me. Damnit," Bore said. "And?" "And I wouldn't be the Winter king. That's what you're driving at, right?" "The Voices are on the side of Life. And you are their chosen Champion., as surely as you are Merlin's, or mine. But never make the mistake of thinking them sentimental. If you have to be flogged to the edge of death to win this race, Chloe will be right behind you with a crop," the Horned Lord said. "Cheerful thought." "Chloe spent an age preparing for this war. Listen to her, but listen to what she says, not just to what you heard. She doesn't like lying. none of the Powers do... it weakens them. But what you heard, and what she said aren't always the same thing." "So be careful with her, huh?" Bore said. "Always. I cerainly am. Your little blonde Chosen might have more raw power, but Chloe is far more dangerous. And in the War to come she is one of your best allies, in this she speaks for the Voices. But unlike your Chosen, her loyalty is not to you. It will never be." "So. Friendly, but not loyal. How very catlike." "You're waking up, Son. We're out of time. One last thing..." the Horned Lord said. "Yes?" "Arthur got it wrong. You did the right thing, for the right reasons. If we can't protect those we care about, fudge destiny. No victory is worth losing yourself for." "I know," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:03 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629083714-1

"You are awake, my love. You came back to me. I... I wasn't certain," she said. "Always, Emily. I will always come back to you. No matter what," Bore said. "How do you feel, love? You came... you came far too close to not making it." "I'm good, I think. Everything appears to work. X?" "You're healthy. Too healthy, you should be dead," the sword said. "Be nice, X." "I'm serious, Bore. There's no way you should have been able to recover from that, even with the ridiculous amounts of power that Mantle provides." "Some aspect of regeneration from the Mantle itself?" he said. "Certainly wasn't last time. I felt Arthur die, facing the Outsiders. There were no search-lights shooting out of his eyes as he woke up again unchanged." "Hardly unchanged, I suspect. Though being alive and unburned is an improvement on the alternative." "Indeed. But how did it happen? I know your father's power is tied to death and rebirth, but that doesn't carry on to you," X said. "What do you mean?" "He has many titles. The Horned Lord. The Hunter. The Oldest. Cernunnos. The Green Man, Opener and Closer of Doors. Those last two are linked to death and being reborn stronger. Tradition says the Green Man is sacrificed on Samhain, wanders the underworld, then is reborn at Winter Solstice." "Samhain... that's Halloween, right? We used to celebrate it, back home. But I guess I was busy this year, I totally missed it," Bore said. "October 31st you pulled me out of the damned rock. I'd say you were busy." "... dying. Yeah. So you think this is a cycle? That I am cursed to die and be reborn, again and again? 'Cause that's gonna get really old, really fast." "How the hell am I supposed to know? By the rules, know you should be occupying a 6 feet deep hole somewhere, not sitting here arguing with me," X said. "Okay, I'll take that over that alternative. How do I use the power of the Mantle?" "You don't? Please? I've got the brakes on right now, but it's a completely differet beast than last time. There's a raw elemental fury to the magic in this one. It scares me." "It's supposed to be scary, X. We're supposed to be scary," he said. "Look, I felt the last Mantle. I don't know what your father and Nimue have been up to, but this is completely different." "Like summer and winter? x, we're preparing for a war." "I just worry you'll set some poor innocent continent on fire before you get that far," X said. "Let's not do that, I've got most of my stuff on this one. So, how do we fix this?" "You need to find someone to teach you control. Hell, even with your own Spark you were a small step from critical. Whatever the Mantle provides makes that look cute and cuddly." "How about Booker?" Bore said. "Maybe? I don't fucking know, I'm a sword for crying out loud! I'm supposed to cut things, not play nursemaid to a hungry magical hurricane." "Think of it as a promotion." "How does it feel to be a god?" X said. "I feel stronger. A lot stronger." "I'd imagine, yeah. Anything else?" "I think there's more magical power as well. I can probably go further on the Paths," he said. "Makes sense, yeah. Elsewhere is our home now. Or did you forget that you married the Queen of the Court in Exile?" "Never."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:23 am

"Bore? My love? What... what do you remember from yesterday?" Emily said. "I remember dying. And being reborn again, thanks to you," he said. "I... I didn't know if it would work. But I had to try. I couldn't lose you, not like that. Not ever." "I'm here, don't worry. And unharmed, it appears. Though not quite unchanged." "I don't care. You're back. That's all that matters. Do you... do you remember anything else?" she said. "I remember finally seeing the Sparks. Yours, shining bright and strong, and Elanora's Spark, golden and beautiful." "Are you certain?" "Of course. I could see her Spark, in your belly. And I saw what she will grow up to be. Dark curls, pointed ears. Green eyes with a hint of laughter and mischief. She was maybe 5 or 6, moving through the forms as you guided her," Bore said. "You saw the future? But... how? I cannot sense her Spark, neither could Dylan, and a Healer's senses are far more precise than mine." "She's real. I know that in my heart. I wonder... I wonder if I tapped into the Sorcery Merlin and my father wanted, there at the end." "What Sorcery, my heart?" Emily said. "My mother's a Sorcreress, I think. Just not aware of it. At least that's what my father said. He called her Blessed by the Voices, does that mean anything to you?" "No, I am sorry. Sorcery is secretive at the bst of times. What do you mean 'your father said'?" "I met him, while I was sleeping. He told me about mom. And about the War to come," he said. "My heart... are you certain? Could it have been a dream?" "It didn't have the feeling of a dream. Not any more than I dreamed of Elanora, or the power of the Mantle. He said the Outsiders are coming. Soon." "I believe you, my love. Was there anything else?" she said. "I remember getting married to the girl of my dreams." "Forgive me, my heart... I could not think of any other way to save you." "What on earth should I forgive?" Bore said. "I forced you to marry me on your death bed." "You didn't force me to do anything. I only regret I didn't ask you earlier. Emily Elanora Pendragon, will you marry me? My life would be empty without you." "Foolish man. You are supposed to ask that before you get married," Emily said. "A good point. I'll try to do better next time." "You are already married to me, dear. There will not be a next time. Not until death do us part." "Indeed," he said. "Which will not be for a very long time, my love. Please, take better care of yourself. Do you remember anything else?" "I remember that I love you. Always." "I am glad, my love. I felt my soul die inside me, watching you after the attack. Then... then the Mantle healed you. But until you opened your eyes, I could not be certain you were really coming back to me. Dylan said you were healthy, but I could not stop worrying," she said. "It's okay, Emily. I'm back. At least now we can be together, all the time. I know that look. I'm not going to like this." "I have to go back to Camelot. With my father dead, I am the Queen. There is a funeral to organize, a new goverment to set up." "That's fine. I'll come along. Booker can wait," Bore said. "Have you thought how that would look? My Father dead under mysterious circumstances, and here I am with my surprising new husband and his private militia? Who just happened to be there when my Father died?" "We didn't kill him!" "We were planning to. Or certainly threaten him into abdicating. We may be innocent of regicide, though it is not as if we did not harbour the intention," Emily said. "So what do we do? It's a bit too late to elope to New York at this point. And what are they going to do? Both Excalibur and the Mantle acknowledge my claim. Our claim." "We will do it slowly. Statecraft does not move at the speed of fireballs, nor do the levers of power respond well to raw Evoker force." "I'm pretty sure that with the Mantle I've got enough brute force to push an incalcitrant lever," he said. "And breaking my Court in the process. Would you have our reighn start in terror? It rarely gets better from there." "There's something you have to know, Emily. My father said the Court was compromised. That there were nobles flirting with the Cult, as the Outsiders draw nearer, the Lors of the Cut grow stronger." "That is quite troubling, Bore. How certain are you?" she said. "I had a god show up in my dreams to tell me? I don't know how certain that is. But I don't want you sitting alone without support in case the Cult decides to move on you." "I would hardly be alone, my love. I would be surrounded by Knights and the house Guardians. And my huband and his army a few hours away. But ferreting them out will be a tricky task, and one requiring guile rather than brute force." "God damnit, Emily," Bore said. "I will be fine, my love. If I find something, I will send for you. My messenger will say they have a message for you, from Elanora." "So you're... off? Like that?" "Tomorrow morning. I am just married, if not in the grand ceremony I always expected. I deserve at least a night with my husband before returning to the mess of the Court," Emily said. "Indeed. What are we waiting for?" "You have to say goodbye to your companions first, my heart. They'e all been waiting for you to come back to us." "Where are they?" he said. "Molly is finally sleeping, I think. She was crying quite hysterically. Bella and Katie are setting up some kind of defensive position over by the Gate. Well, mostly Bella is giving orders and Katie is blowing holes in the ground. Dylan's around, he has been checking on you every hour or so. I think he is sleeping now." "And what about Akane and her pet fox?" "Akane has returned to Edinburgh, she needs to keep the Katash Clan informed. Kitsune-san went with her," she said. "Okay, let's see..."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629084132-1

"Master! Oh my God! I was sosososo worried about you, Master. I felt... I felt you die. And then I felt the Mantle. It scared me, for a moment I thought I was staring into the sun. Are you okay?" "I'm fine, Molly," Bore said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:08 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629084140-1

"You're alive, God knows how. I've never read of anytjing like that, it's not just regeneration. Whatever happened to you even replicated your scars," Dylan said. "That's nice. I have good memories from some of those," Bore said. "Bore, ye daft fecking cunt. When I said to set something on fire, I didnae mean yer own face." "Easy mistake to make, Katie. I'm glad you made it out okay." "Feeling better, Boss?" Bella said. "Alive. Which is a step up from what I was expecting," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629084208-1

"I know it was mostly about protecting the princess, Boss, but... thanks for the assist. I was sure I was done for then the dragon flamed us," she said. "You're all precious, Bella. Every single one of you," Bore said. "Master? The Voices are saying you're a God now?" "I'm still me, Molly. I'm just holding the Mantle of the Once and Future King. Which gives me some powers, I guess." "That is so cool! Will we have other Chosen? Then we can all snuggle up in bed together. It'll be, like, totally awesome," she said. "I... well. Maybe?" "It'll be so neat. And Emily can join us, too!" "Speaking of which..." "Okay, ladies. Give the man some space. Boss, I believe it's traditional for the bride and groom to spend some time away from the part?" Bella said. "Yeah, I think it's time we get to bed," Bore said. "Yay!" "Just the two of us, Molly. Don't be greedy." "Oh, I know. Treat her nice, okay Master? She's been refusing to leave your side while you were sleeping," she said. "I will." "And Emily, you've got to remember to tell me everything." "Molly!" "Don't worry, Master. We won't talk about it where you can hear it." "Sigh," he said. "I'll deal with the logistics, Boss. You just focus on the princess. We'll see you tomorrow." "Thanks, Bella." "Okay, you heard the man. Let's move out," she ordered. "See you all tomorrow." "And now I can finally have my husband for myself. Though I wish I had time to shop for lingerie. Or just a dress. I am still wearing the filthy armour that I... Well, I need a shower, at the very least," Emily said. "We both do. We could do it together?" he said. 

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629084320-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629084327-1

"You are thinking lewd thoughts, dear. I just want to be clean again," she said. "Hey, I'm just married. I'm supposed to think lewd things. It's literally in the job description. Especially if you're leaving tomorrow," Bore said. "I will be back, my heart. I may need to find some excuse to go to Edinburgh, perhaps some paperwork related to my course? We shall sneak some dates together, before we can formally announce you." "When do we do that?" "My birthday is in a month. Long enough to mourn a father, and stabilize a court. Long enough for life to move on. We could organize a grand ball, and you can be formally introduced to the Court?" Emily said. "This is just a trick to get me into Court finery, isn't it?" "Perhaps. But it fits perfectly. Or did you have other plans for December 27th?" "if I have to wait that long, I will. I just hate these goddamned politics," he said. "Politics is the art of making other do what you want them to do and making them think it was their idea the whole time. If we are to rebuild the Round Table, we need the support of the great noble families, not their active antagonism. And if all fails, there is always you and the Knights of the Lake." "What my old professor used to call BATNA." "Not a term I am familiar with. What does it mean?" she said. "Best Aleternative To Negotiated Agreement. If they won't play ball, they may not enjoy the alternative." "Let's hope we can avoid that. I would prefer to not start our reign with a bloodbath. But you are right, there is a hard limit for what concessions we will permit. The Crown must be strengthened if it is to survive the coming storm." "If you find any traces of the Cult, let me know. Those assholes don't play by the rules you use," Bore said. "If I find any traces, I will call. If need be we will roust the Fae as well. But I suspect most of my problems will be recalcitrant nobles, hoping that a weak King will be followed by a weaker Queen." "Well, then they're in for a surprise..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:53 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629084407-1

"What is it, dearest?" Emily said. "Chloe. She'll be upstairs," Bore said. "Are you certain? After what she did to you..." "What was it Molly said? The fire will burn, the hammer will fall, but the Sword of Mankind must be forged for what is to come. By her own rule Chloe was just the blacksmith." "That bitch got my boyfriend... husband... set on fire. Nearly killed you," she said. "If she hadn't I wouldn't be your husband, and Erec would have you engaged to Lord Jerkow. Not to mention the Mantle." "I hate it when you sound rational. I want to be angry at her. What if it had not worked out? What if it had left me sitting there on the scorched ground, holding your cooling body?" "You're not, my love. It all worked out, as always. We'll manage this," he said. "Ready?" "It's a friendly local cat-lady. How bad can it be?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629084436-1

"We shall find out," Emily said. "Why hello, Chloe. Emily, my love, I'll see you upstairs. I just need a quick chat with my landlady," Bore said. "Of course, my love. It will give me some time to get started on washing the smell of that battle out of my hair. I shall see you soon." "Soon, love." "Ah, Bore. I'm glad you're back. You appear to have picked up a bit of a suntan. Did you go to the beach?" the sorceress said. "Very funny, Chloe. I felt your presence, there at the end. It was your bullet that finally killed the dragon," he said. "Fet, Bore? I was under the assumption that you were sensoty handicapped. And Sorceresses are hard to find, no matter what your senses are." "Perhaps it was sorcery that let me? You lied to me about Mom. You said she had no magic." "I said she was the leasr magely person I'd met. Which is true. Whatever else you read into what I said is on you," Chloe said. "So you knew she was a Sorceress?" "Perhaps. Though she is a rather different type than I, or your little blonde plaything." "My father called her Blessed by the Voices," Bore said. "Your father? Well. That's not something he came up with, actually, Ailidh was always an overly emo romantic. Your mother's different, that's all. Her every random wish and desire tugged at reality like a toddler with the strength of a god." "Something bothers me, Chloe. You said you didn't know who my father was? And yet you knew his Chosen, Ailidh." "Well. Shit. That narrows it down a bit. I knew Ailidh before she signed up with Horney. As a rule I stay clear of his Court, there are still Fae alive who remember things I'd rather were forgotten," she said. "So you're saying you didn't know? You really expect me to believe that crap?" "I don't like lying, Bore. If you live long enough, every lie will tend to come back to haunt you. And I wasn't playing at the high-rollers table back then, nobody bothered to introduce Horney to me. The Coven certainly wouldn't, snobs that they were." "He clearly knew you," he said. "He's a god, Bore. The Oldest, now that She is gone. Probably also the most powerful. And evidently still as fucking funny as always. Nobody that powerful should have a sense of humour that crappy." "Were you part of Merlin's plan?" "The whole world was part of that rat-faced little bastard's plan. But if you ask if I was a willing participant, the answer is no. I thought it was lunacy then, and I fear that what is coming now will prove me right. But we will not go quietly into the night, will we, Bore?" Chloe said. "No. No we won't. Anyway, I'd better go see to my wife." "My congratulation. I'm sure it was a wonderful wedding. The proud father of the bride, the cispy groom. By the way, Bore... I must say you're taking this better than I expected." "Would it help in any way if I stormed ad raged?" he said. "Not really, no." "Then I won't. I can accept that this was the price of doing business. Though I wouldn't turn my back on Emily any time soon, if I were you." "Indeed," she said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 9 20220629084549-1

"Just a small note, Chloe. Do tell the Voices that if they should feel the urge to motivate me by harming Emily or Elanora... well. Let's not. Nobody wants what would come out of that. Nobody at all," Bore said. "They know. Trust me, nobody wants you around without Emily to provide a tenuous anchor for your sanity. And they'd never harm your... daughter? Really, Bore, you've been living here for less than three months, and you've already gotten Emily knocked up?" she said. "When I want sex-ed advice from you I'll let you know, Chloe." "All I'm saying is nobody ever gor pregnant from a good facial. Words to live by, that." "Good night, Chloe," he said. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next