Saturn Reads Tarot
Saturn Reads Tarot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Donate Here

Ads
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 Empty Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:12 am

First topic message reminder :

This is a visual novel. The setting is an Arthurian legend taking place in our time. Meet the pantheon and mythology of several cultures mixed together - including the Norse, Celt, Aztec and Japanese.
The NSFW screenshots will be hidden behind a link and password. Don't have it, you can ask me  Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 1f609
You know the deal, click on images to enlarge, click on links and use password to view the naughty stuff.
And without further ado, let us begin the story

Bore's home in the United States

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628003120-1

"Oh... I can't believe it, my little baby is all grown up and leaving me." "Look, I'm 21. And I'm just going to college for my graduate stidies, not running away to join the Foreign Legion," Bore said. "But... but... it's in another country. Surely there must be nice collegues here in America you could go to? Maybe here in Frostburg, so you could still live at home?" "You know I love you Mom. But I really want to go there, they've got some really interesting courses that aren't offered here in the US. And they did offer me a full scholarship." "Yes, and I'm very proud of you. I can't remember if you told me... what was it awarded for?" she said. "Oh, I won it playing poker." "Oh, you're such a joker. So much like your father, God bless his soul. He could always bring a smile to my face no matter how sad I felt." "Mom... please don't stat crying. The cab will be here in a few minutes," he said. "You're ll I've got left from your father. And now you're leaving me, too." "Mom, he died before I was born. I know he meant a lot to you, but you've got to think about yourself as well." "He was... he wa one of a kind," she said. "You know I'll always be there for you, Mom." "(sniff) Anyway. Remember to call my friend the moment you touch down in England, okay?" "I'm going to Scotland, Mom," Bore corrected his mother. "Same thing. About my friend... do you have her phone number? Do you even remember her name?" "Og course, Mom." "That's good. And don't forget your computer," she said. "Laptop, Mom. Don't worry, I'm just charging it, so I've got something to do on the flight." "It's really nice that even on the plane you'll be studying. Such a good boy." "I doubt I'll be working. Just playing games and relaxing on the long flight," he said. "Well that's good. Wouldn't want you studying too hard." " It's nice of your friend to help me get settled in. Where do you know her from?" "Oh, she's a friend from... back then. When your father was here. We all stayed on a ranch in Oregon. There was always such life and happiness, and we'd all... well... never mind, you don't need to worry your little head about that. Grown-up stuff. Anyway, Chloe's an old friend, and she agreed to help you get settled in Edinburgh. I'm so glad you'll have someone there with you," she said. "Oh, great, Mom's middle aged friend is supposed to be my minder. So much for freedom, welcome crazy cat lady," Bore whispered to himself. "(sniff) I can't believe you're leaving me." "Mom. I'll be back at the end of the school year. We can chat over Facial and everything." "I'm sorry, dear. Iyt's just... you remind me so much of your father. It breaks my heart to lose you too," she said.
Bore gave his mother a tight hug.
"I love you, Mom. I'll be fine, don't worry so much," he said. "Just... be careful, okay? Promise me. No drinking, or chasing girls, or gambling, or doing anything dangerous." "Of course, Mom. I'm an adult. I'm heading off to college. How would I have time to do these kinds of things?" "I love you. Call! Stay safe... come back to me... please," she said. "Bye Mom," Bore said.

Last edited by Wotan on Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 Empty Re: Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:47 am

"What are you waiting for, Bore. Get dressed already," Katie said. "You're not going to give us any privacy, are you?" he said. "You ain't got nothing I ain't seen before." "Sure."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628033858-1

"Nice abs, Bore," she said. "Thanks. So, how the hell do I wear this thing?" he said. "Here, let me help you. These straps can be a pain in the ass. Literally, if you adjust them wrong." "Dylan, how are you coming?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628033909-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628033922-1

"We look boss as fudge, Bore," Dylan said. "Yeah." "Like, straight out of a Michael Bay movie levels of awesome." "Glad you're happy. That's all, Katie?" Bore said. "Yup." "There's no helmet or anything?" "Helmets are for pussies. You're an Evoker, man up," she said. "So. We're doing this." "Hell yeah. Just walk through the portal, and you'll find yourself on the Paths."
Bore took a deep breath...
"Here we go."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628034005-1

"Ain't gonna stay peaceful forever. There are old Evokers, and careless Evokers, but there ain't no old, careless Evokers," Katie said. "Be prepared!" Bore said. "Yeah, I should have figured you for a boy scout. Anyway; the Paths lead all places... the further from human civilization you get, the rougher it becomes. This close to Edinburgh I wouldn't expect anything too bad." "So what's the plan?" "We do a standard sweep outwards. If we find anything hostile we kill it, and loot the corpse," she said. "That sems quite mercenary." "Hey, if it didn't want to mess with humans it should have stayed away. The only reason for Elsewhere hostiles to hang out here is because they're trying to enter our world. And they ain't coming for biscuits and a cup of tea." "Is everything we'll encounter hostile?" Bore wondered. "Nah, lots of things live here. Fae, spirits, the humans of the Court, forgotten Gods and lost dreams. But we're hunting monsters." "There's a branch in the path up front. Which direction do we take?" "It's your portal, you decide," Katie said. "Right." "There's something up ahead, Bore," Dylan pointed out. "Katie?" "Oh, it's a poor little wraith. All lost and alone," she said. "I take it we're going to kill it?" Bore said. "Oh aye. If that fucker gets hold of a defenceless human it'll crack their skull and suck their brains out through the hole. Nasty piece of shit." "Ready?" "Go," Katie said. "Let's get him." "Okay, Bore. You take point. Let me know if you need anything lit on fire!" "Will do," he said. "I'm here too, Bore," Dylan said. "Awesome."
They enganged the creature...
"Time to set something on fire!" "Do your thing, Katie," Bore said. "I can do this. Bore is relying on me. Cast HEAL," Dylan mumbled to himself. "Thanks."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628034423-1

"Good work, Bore. And you too, Dylan," Katie said. "So we keep going?" Bore said. "Nah, enough for today. Let's grab the loot, and head back to the Crowley." "Sure." "Don't forget to call me if you're doing anything like this again. I'm free most days," she said. "Will do. Dylan?" "No way I'm letting you guys have all the fun without me," he said. "Sounds like a plan. So you had fun, this time?" "Heall yeah. You?" Dylan said. "Yeah, I feel like I'm really starting to understand this magical world better," Bore said. "Enough reminiscence. Let's head back to the Crowley," Katie said. "Sure."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628034541-1

"I'm going to wash the bits of wrait out of my hair, then find myself a book and a bottle of whisky. I'll see you guys tomorrow," she said. "See you, Katie. And thanks, for everything," Bore said. "Ain't nothing to thank me for, Bore. You've got no idea how happy I am to be back on the Paths." "Later." "So. I'm a Pathwalker. And Militia. And a Battle Healer," Dylan said. "You sound happy." "Dude, it's like every single isekai fantasy ever, all in one." "Sounds good. What's next?" Bore said. "I need to hit the books. There's a lot more stuff I can learn, battlefield medicine and stuff. I wasn't going to need it before, neurosurgery ain't trauma. But now... I need to go back and see how I can get better at this." "Sounds like a plan. I need to toughen up as well. See you later, Dylan." "Yeah. Later, Bore," he said.

Back to top Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 Empty Re: Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:50 pm

Bore had just finished taking a shower after the outing into Elsewhere with Katie and Dylan...
"Let's see. Emily said she'd be over at the Crowley in the evening to do our coursework together. Ah, there she is. Punctual, of course."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628034638-1

"Greetings, dear knight. So... this is where you stay?" she said. "Yeah. I guess the owner knew my mom from way back. She's letting me stay here for free, in return for helping her out with... things," he said. "Evoker things? I assume running a public house in this world is no easier than i Elsewhere, but having an Evoker bouncer may be overkill." "My coach used to say that overkill is something only the other guy complains about. But he was an old marine, so that probably had something to do with it."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628034709-1

"Hey, Bore; I was going to order some... Ah. Greetings, Princess. May you ever be safe in my home." "Het, Chloe; this is Emily... wait, you know each other?" Bore said. "I... I have met her before. I think. It was a very long time ago," Emily said. "Chloe?" "I do travel the Paths, Bore. And I've been to the Court a few times. That's all," she said. "I'm... not quite sure I believe that," he said. "It is... not important, Bore. Let us go somewhere we can do this project," Emily said. "We can do it in my room? It's upstairs, last door on the left." "That will be fine, I expect. Farewell, Lady Sorceress." "After you, my lady," he said. "Be careful, Bore. You're swimming in rather deep waters right now," Chloe said. "Don't I know it."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628034818-1

This looks nice. Nicer, in some ways than the townhouse. Less oppresive," Emily said. "Yeah, I like it," Bore said. "So this is your room. Would you believe it is the first time I have been in a tranger's bedroom?" "I wouldn't worry about it, getting together at someone's house to do homework is pretty normal in this world." "So. Should we... should we open this envelope?" she said. "You seem nervous about this." "I have been doing some overdue research on Ceremonial Magic, after that lecture. I do not expect my Father knows what he has enrolled me in." "You mentioned there were no Ceremonial Magicians at the Court," he said. "Yes. For three simple reasons. First, Ceremonial magic is designed to let people without the Spark harness Magic. Since most of our people have some degree of magical talent, it was never considered." "makes sense. I guess that's also why it's such a big subject at University, since it's not restricted to just mages." "Secondly, their magical circle works by joining Elsewhere and the Old World with an impermeable portal. It would not work from inside Elsewhere itself," Emily said. "I see." "And finally, because the idea of whoring ourselves out to creatures like that Defiler goes against everything we believe in. We see the things creatures like that do to our people. If we find them we kill them." "Yeah, the Evokers I've met don't seem impressed," Bore said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:21 pm

"Perhaps things are different here. It is hard to say," Emily said. "There's always someone that will do anything for power, I guess," Bore said. "Now you can see my trepidation. Gods alone know what her coursework wil look like." "Can't be that bad." "Perhap I shall break the seal, now," she said. "Go." "Ceremonial Magic, at it's heart, is about intimacy and building a connection. Today's exercise; you will each share an intimate moment that you never told another person about." "That doesn't seem so bad. Though I can't imagine that'll go smoothly for Katie and Molly," he said. "There's more. To better bring about your connection, today's dresscode is underwear only." "Wait what?" There you go, read it yourself," Emily said. "Wait, this is bullshit. How's she going to know if we just ignore this?" "She will not know. But I will." "And?" Bore said. "Duty is heavier than a mountain; Death is lighter than a feather." "Deep. Is that a Court saying?" "Hardly. I read it in a book a traveler left at Court. But it fits. To be of the Royal blood is to be bound by Duty," she said. "Are you sure?" "To undress in front of a man not my husband is... embarrassing. But it shall pass. To lie, or deflect... that is a stain on my honour. And that will never be gone." "I'm sorry," he said. "Do not be, dear knight. To be a Princess occasionally means doing things you would prefer not to. Compared to my engagemrnt to that old fool, this is barely anything. And this is hardly your fault." "Hopefully not even in the top 10." "Hah. Yes, indeed. I am at least grateful it is you. I would have to do this with a complete stranger, or a man I disliked," she said. "Look at it like this, it's not any worse that what you'd wear to the beach." "I would not go to the beach. Nor do I know how to swim. Things live in the waters of Elsewhere that you would really not want to meet. But I fear we are stalling." "If you're sure..." he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628035117-1

"Yes. Yes, I am. My eyes are up here, Bore," Emily said. "I'm sorry. You look beautiful, though," he said. "You are not making this any easier, Bore." "Sorry. Look, I'll undress too, if that makes things easier."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628035134-1

"I do not think it does. I have seen men without their shirt before, of course. Many of the knights train barechested. But this feels different," Emily said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628035149-1

"Think of it as getting into cold water. Sometime it's best to just take the plunge, rather than standing there halfway," Bore said. "Your people have an unhealthy fascination with water," she said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628035204-1

"My eyes are up here, Emily..." Bore said. "I... I am sorry. It is... all of this is strange," she said. "Don't worry, look all you want, I was just teasing you. See, it's not so bad." "You do not seem... bothered by all this. Why?" "Well, I'm hardly a blushing virgin. sorry, that came out wrong. But my point is that this isn't my first time. You know, getting undressed with a girl," he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:21 am

"Did you ever... do anything else?" Emily said. "I've had a couple of steady girl-friends, we had sex. Not really a big deal here," Bore said. "And now?" "Nope, none." "Close your eyes and think of the Court, Emily. You can do this," she thought. "No rush," he told her.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628035256-1

"There. Not so bad. It is fine. Fine," Emily told herself. "You look great," Bore said. "I assume you tell that to all half-naked girls you find yourself with, right?" "Usually, yes. Doesn't make it untrue, you look stunning." "Thank you, I think. Either way, we have gotten the hard part over. Hopefully," she said. "Now the next question was... something we've never told anyone else." "Who goes first? You or I?" "You, I think... I'm still working out what to say," he said. "Mee too. Sitting here, almost naked, with a man I only met last week. About to describe a moment I've never told anyone..." "Well, they did want intimacy. It could be worse, I guess." "Indeed. But this is after all only the first study session. I fear worse is all too likely," she said. "This time at least, it should be simple. Any thoughts on what you want to talk about?" "Yes. I think so. Here... here we go. The last time I cried I was 11. A Princess of the Blood does not cry. But that night my mothe died, I curled up in my bed and cried for hours." "I'm sorry," he said. "The next day, I put on my makeup, straightened my shoulders and went back out. A Princess must always set an example. I never told anyone about that night, before now." "What happened?" "A Dragon. There are many things of power in Elsewhere, but short of an angry God there are few more terrible than a Dragon. It had destroyed one of the Glades of the Court, and my Father called a Hunt for it," Emily said. "What is a Glade?" "Think of it as a stable piece of the chaos of Elsewhere. Most of them are constructed by Gods or Powers... the ones around the Court were the work of Merlin. Most of our people live in the various Glades." "You mentioned something about a Hunt?" Bore said. "We call on our allies, gather into a band, and ride the Paths. The Hunt of the Court is one of the Powers that guard Elsewhere, without it humans could not live there." "And they found the Dragon?" "No. It was an old wyrm, and cunning. While the Hunt searched for it, it snuck back to the Court itself. My mother had remained behind to guard the civilians," she said. "I... I think I see." "A lone Evoker was with them. He had been too late to join the Hunt, and he was lounging around drinking, waiting for them to return. When the Dragon came, he met it outside Camelot, and stopped it." "Wait..." he said. "For half an hour, Dragon Flame met Evoker Lighning. I have never seen pure Magic force unleashed like that before or since, and I live at a Court visited by Gods and Powers. My Mother was an Enchanter of the Council. Almost as strong as my Father. While the Evoker bought her time, she built defenses around the City, layer upon layer of shields to protect the innocent. In the end, the Dragon won. I do not know what changed, but one moment they were battling... the next moment, flame engulfed him... and then... my Mother. I watched from inside the shields as she was turned to ash." "You don't need to continue if you don't want to." "I never... I never told anyone about this. In some ways, it feels like it is lifting a weight from my heart," Emily said. "What happened next?" "The Dragon directed its fire at the shields. I could feel them weakening. I do not know if the Hunt would have returned in time. All I remember was standing there, staring at it as the shields my Mother had built failed around us. Knowing she'd failed." "And then?" Bore said. "Its head exploded." "What do you mean its head exploded?" "There was a woman, dragging the biggest rifle I've seen. You could feel the enchantments on it, and the powerful Magic radiating from the magazines she carried. Normal bullets do nothing to a Dragon, but... whatever that gun was, it was not normal," she said. "Wait... that woman... Chloe?" "She saved me. Saved all of us. But if she had been an hour earlie, my Mother would still be with me." "Yeah..." he said. "I think nobody ever fully relaxes around Sorcerers. Their power is too fickle, and far too often their gifts come with sharp edges." "And since then, your father has raised you alone?" "Mostly tutors have raised mem truth be told. My Father blam,e himself. Blamed the Court. Blamed me, for surviving, I think. Something vital in him died with my Mother, and he turned all his energy into the politics of the Court," she said. "That sucks." "It is the nature of things, and cannot be changed. So... now I have bared my skin, and bared my soul. Of the two, I think the story may have been the harder. But I am glad I told it." "I guess that means it is my turn," he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:05 pm

"So. What tale do you want to tell? How you lost your virginity?" Emily said. "That's hardly a big deal. Some fumbling around in the dark, it was confusing, and scary and fun. Later it got less confusing, and more fun. But no... I think your story probably deserves something more. I want to tell you the story of how I found my magic. I've never told anyone this before. People where I come from don't believe in Magic. My mother sure doesn't, despite having been the sex toy of a demi-god at some point... It happened a year ago. I'd been working late, and it was midnight before I started walking home. I'm a big guy, so I'm usually not particularly wary. But I noticed this weird old man following me. He stank. Of booze and sleeping rough. We lived in a nice enough part of town, there weren't a lot of hobos there. So he was unusual, but not unique. The economy sucks, and some people lose their footing. I was going to give him some cash to go get a hot meal. But when he came close... I realized he was muttering. And he was saying my name. Again and again," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628035354-1

"What did he say?" Emily wondered. "Nonsense. Or at least I thought it was nonsense. Now... now I'm not so sure. He was muttering about the Blood of Arthur. That's you, I think. He said the End must never meet the Beginning. That the Sword that was Lost must never be found," Bore said. "Excalibur!" "I... I think that's probably right, yeah. Though at the time I didn't know. Then he started ranting about Them. He said They were coming. That Gods and men would die. That the world would end, in ice and fire. That before that happened, I needed to die, and they had finally found me. At that point, he pulled out a knife, and charged me. I remember the knife. It wasn't a glowing sword, not carved with runes. It was just a normal kitchen knife. About as long as my forearm. Pointed at the front. More than sharp enough to kill me. I don't think he was some powerful cultist, or assassin. I think he was some poor dude whose mind broke, and left the door open for something else to come through. As he rushed me... it felt like time slowed down around me. The world dimmed, and I awe the cards." "That would be how you visualize your power, I assume?" she said. "Yeah. I play this weird poker hybrid. Different hands correspond to different gems. But I didn't know any of that back then." "Wait. You are saying you had never used Magic before that? And that you were over 18?" "21. Not that it matters much. Why?" he said. "Because Magic manifests in puberty. You should have had access for 8 or 9 years at that point." "Maybe I'm just a later starter?" "Bore, you are an Evoker. Your Spark is not a candle, it is a bonfire. The only possibility..." Emily said. "What?" "... is that someone Sealed it. But who could Seal an Evoker? Even my Father would fail at that. Evokers carry divine blood, their Spark is not easily cowed." "What does any of that mean?" Bore wondered. "That someone hid your Spark. From you. From anyone. With no Magic, you'd be impossible to pick out from the masses of humanity." "Why?" "I do not know. But someone went to a great deal of effort here. The location was no accident. Born into a community without Magic. No Mages, no connection to Elsewhere. Hidden," she said. "Why?" "To give you time to grow, perhaps? With your spark sealed, anyone searching for you would find you impossible to track. Who are your parents?" "I... I don't know. Not really. My mom is just... you know... mom. She works as a vet at a local animal clinic. aShe has no magic, she's a complete normie," he said. "And your father?" "I don't know. He left after I was conceived. He, my mom and Chloe spent a month on some ranch in Oregon." "The Sorceress again. What did I say about gifts with sharp edges?" Emily said. "Could she have sealed my magic?" "Possible. Sorcerers have no Spark of their own, but they have an uncanny knack for finding the things they need for whatever they wish to do." "Like that rifle," Bore said. "Yes. So... it is possible. It is also possible your father did it. Gods do strange things for their own strange reasons." "Katie also mentioned that he was likely a power." A God. Or someone powerful enough that it makes no difference, which seems a good enough definition for Godhood to me. Your Spark is too bright to be anything less, if your mother was without Magic," she said. "Is this common?" "Divine bastards are uncommon even at the Court, Bore, but they are hardly unheard of." "I see," he said. "Mostly they differ by the strength of the God that sired them." "What do you mean? Gods are gods, right?" "All Gods are Powers. But some are much more. Zeus. Jupiter and Atlas. Odin and Thor. The Horned One. The Gods mortals still remember. Others are more secretive. The Tuatha Dé Danann are powerful, but stay aloof from humans most of the time," Emily said. "I find it fascinating that we're sitting here in our underwear discussing forgotten gods." "Thank you, Bore. I had completely forgotten." "Until now?" he said. "Yes. Until now." "You're gorgeous when you blush, did you know that?" "I... I. This is a terrible idea, Bore. My Father will find me a Consort, and while you may be the bastard of a God, you are hardly the political match he needs to seal the Court," she said. "You're jumping quite far ahead." "And you are fishing around for my heartstrings, getting uncomfortably close." "Do I at least get a kiss? It's our second date, after all..." Bore said. "It's not a date. It's homework." "You're in my world now, and this is what we'd call a study date." "If you say so," Emily said. "Come now, you might like it," he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:18 am

"That is exactly what I am afraid of. When I am done here, I will go back to Court to marry some inbred fool. Doing so will not be any easier if my heart belongs to another," Emily said. "We could elope?" Bore said. "Duty is heavier than a mountain; Death is lighter than a feather. Always remember that." "Should we at least try another date?" "I... Bore... Yes. My heart wants to, though my head knows it for a bad idea. Where shall we meet?" she said. "How about Arthur's Seat next Friday evening?" "You are taking a descendant of Arthur to Arthur's Seat. Your sense of humour is rather twisted." "Why not? It's a beautiful walk, and a nice view of the city," he said. "Why not. I will not be wearing that dress, though." "A pity. But you look awesome even in blood-splattered armour, you'll be fine." "Speaking of which, it is probably time for us to get dressed," she said. "Too bad." "Getting dressed feels almost as weird as taking it off was. Why are you staring at me?" "Because you look beautiful moving. Smooth movements, clean lines. You move like a dancer," he said. "I train for hours every day. Sword, dagger or unarmed. A sword that sits idle grows rusty." "So I should add deadly to the list." "Yes. And you can stop ogling now, I am fully dressed," Emily said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628040123-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628040143-1

"I'll always have my meories," Bore said. "Pervert." Oh yes." "You are incorrigible. Thank you for today, dearest knight. I... this could have been a very difficult thing, yet you made time pass like an eyeblink. I look forward to our date Friday evening," she said. "I look forward to it, too. I guess I should probably get dressed too. I totally forgot, while watching Emily. This Court stuff. It's not making things any easier. I'll just have to work through it."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628040219-1

"Hey, Bore, do you have a minute?" Chloe said. "I guess asking you to knock is a waste of time, right?" he said. "Yes. Anyway. I need you to be careful. I doubt you understand much of what is going on." "Look, I'm just doing homework with Emily. No big deal." "You're doing Ceremonial Magic homework with the Heiress to the Court in Exile. Don't assume I'm dumb, Bore, or I will hurt you," she said. "Nothing happened." "Yet. But Sarah will keep turning the screws, she enjoys this far too much." "So you know Professor Sarah?" he said. "I know of her, at least." "Anything good?" "No, not really. She's a 95 year old professional virgin, lap dancing for inhuman monsters to stay young. That kind of thing tends to affect a person. Think of her as your really well-preserved maiden aunt," Chloe said. "Yeah..." "Understand, she likes to play games. She could have grouped you with that other Evoker, and the two of you could have harmlessly screwed each other's brains out without anyone knowing or caring." "Doesn't sound so bad, when you put it like that," Bore said. "Instead, she zeroed in on your interaction with Emily and decided to fudge with your head. I'm sure pairing the toth and the other Evoker was a nice bonus." "What's the worst thing that ca happen?" "Worse things than she thinks. But anyone making a living as a professional cocktease for inhuman magical fiends, using a sealed portal that works most of the time, has a rather skewed risk assessment," she said. "Most of the time?" "They're getting better, but summoning portals do occasionally fail. Usually halfway through the ritual. At which point you're naked and alone in a basement with a sex-crazed monster from Elsewhere." "Yeah, I could see that would suck. Neither Katie nor Emily plan to do any rituals, though. And I pity the monster that tried to rape Katie," he said. "No, your risks are all associated with the course itself." "Like what?" "You fucking the Heir to the Court, leaving her unfit for marriage to Fae Lord or Court noble, and her Father calling the Hunt for you. Oh, and your Evoker friend setting the thot on fire and ditching the corpse in Elsewhere," Chloe said. "Katie may not like Molly, but I doubt she'd actually hurt her." "The Maclachlan clan's always had... anger issues. And while Katie's Grandfather added a lot of brute power to the bloodline, it clearly came with neither common sense nor restraint." "Anyway... me and Emily. We're both adults. If it's something we both want, why the hell is her father butting in?" Bore said. "The Court lives by a different time, and different rules. fudge this up, or fudge her in general, and you'll start a fight you cannot win. The Great Hunt is a bad enemy for a God, never mind a fledling Evoker." "There's something... genuinely special about her. Like an echo I can't shake. I refuse to just... give up, and let her go back to some asshole noble that would never appreciate her." "You're young, and in lust. Go fudge your Evoker friend, it'll pass," she said. "Maybe." "Anyway, you're only half our problem. Your father could make a woman drop her soaked panties from thirty meters away with a single look. As you come into your power, I worry how much of that will manifest. And how that will affect your lessons." "That sounds useful. Sadly, I doubt I'm suddenly turning into a sex god," he said. "You're growing. Fast. Even just since arriving last week I can feel your power increasing." "So it's working on you?" "Perhaps. But you're hardly the first godling to try something like this on me. So far it is a long way from your father's glamour. Emily, though, is young. Innocent. I worry what it will do to her," she said. "I would never do anything to hurt her. And Emily would never do anything that went against her duty. Sadly." "Emily is also smart enough to see that all her father's games will do is stave off the collapse another generation or two. The Round Table sits almost empty, and as Council Mages retire nobody steps forward to fill their seats." "Why?" he said. "Hard times create strong me. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Which brings us to where the Court is now. Weak men create hard times." "Poetic, I guess." "Emily's duty to her father is clear. Support his plans to prop up alliances with his fractious nobles. Marry whatever faction leader screams the loudest. But her duty to the Court... that is something different," Chloe said. "In what way?" "The original Companions of the Round Table weren't selected for their noble connections. They were selected for bravery. Strength. Power. People like you, or Katie, could become in time." "Sure," Bore said. "It's an easy jump, especially if your heart urges you toards it, that your duty to the Court would be better served rebuilding the Companions. Recruit Battle Mages. Evokers. Battle Healers. Knights. Fill the Round Table again." "Doesn't sound like a half-bad plan." "It could have worked. It would have worked, if her father and mother had succeeded in their plans. The clans would have bitched, but lacked the force to challenge the two of them and a full Table of Companions," she said. "And now?" "Since her death, Erec has squandered the power of the throne in a thousand petty squabbles and political manoeuvres. But Emily might not see that; children rarely see the true flaws of their parents." "That Evoker. Who died with Emily's mother. It was 'katie's dad, wasn't it? That's why she hates royals so much?" he said. "Yeah. He was supposed to have been the first Companion. Lancelot to Erec's Arthur. All those dreams shattered in a single busy afternoon." "Is it coincidence? That we're all gathering here, 10 years later?" "There are no coincidences when you deal with Powers, Bore. Tread carefully," Chloe said. "Sure." "And for the love of all the Gods, keep your dick in your pants. Or at least away from her pussy." "Yes, Mom," Bore said. "Rascal. Anyway, I've said what I needed to say. I can't believe I'm here preaching abstinence until marriage, I need a stiff drink or five after this." "See you, Chloe."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:38 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628040722-1

"One of the real problems living and working in a pub is that you really can't chill there. Maybe I grab a pint at the Last Drop?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628040823-1

"Hey, Bore. I'm closing up the gym now. Early morning run at 6, so I should probably get my beauty rest," Katie said. "Sounds good. See you tomorrow," he said

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628041028-1

It was Wednesday morning...
"What brings you here, Bore?" Emily said. "I often come here to sit and read. I find it relaxing," he said. "I always sensed you more like a caged tiger, intense, constantly prowling. It is hard to imagine you relaxing with a book." "Tigers sleep about 18 hours a day. So by those metrics I should be at home in bed." "What kind of books do you read?" she asked. "Erotic fiction." "Oh... my. Here? In public? That is rather brazen of you, is it not?" "Oh, you never know who you might meet that shares your love for books," he said. "I guess that is true. I have to run for class dear Knight, I just needed a Latte to go. I shall see you at the Univesity." "See you, Emily."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628041226-1

That evening...
"Oh. It's you." "Hello, Molly. Nice to see you, too," Bore said. "I should have known I'd find you in the worst pub in Edinburgh." "Oh, come now. The Crowley is quite nice." "Like, one of the teachers said this place was great. But the service sucks, and it's so... old. And stuffy. And there's some deeply suspicious stains on this pillow," she said. "Yeah, probably best not to ask about those," he said.
Molly snapped her fingers.
"Hey, waitress? Can I have some fucking service here?" "She's not a waitress, Molly," Bore said. "Bargirl, whatever. Hey, idiot, over here!" "I really wouldn't..." "Orders are at the bar." "Hi, Chloe," he said. "There's like nobody here. Which isn't like surprising, considering the fucking service. I should talk to the manager," she said. "Molly, I really don't..." he said. "Seriously, I'm gonna see her ass fired. Stuck-up retarded bitch of a waitress." "Oh, you know what, you do you. I tried to warn you." "They're going to get the worst review ever on Yikes!.com. Like negative 50 stars or something. Then they'll be begging me to come back and drink here for free," she said. "Possibly. Bye, Molly." "Who on earth was that, Bore?" Chloe said. "Oh, just a girl from my course. Nobody important." "If you say so. Ah, finally... a customer. I'll get back to work." "See you, Chloe," he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:30 am

"Time for another Evoker class. I wonder what Torman's going to teach us today."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628041519-1

"Hey, Bore. Made it to lectures?" Katie said. "You're one to talk," he said. "Aye, I guess. Let's head over." "Sure."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628041551-1

Katie. Bore. Good to see the two of you. My office is... a bit of a mess at the moment, and this lecture theater is free. So let's just do the lecture here," Torman said. "Do I want to know what made the mess?" Bore said. "Well, whatever it was, it's not doing that again. How goes your studies?" "Pretty okay. I feel I'm getting stronger." "Yes. Indeed. And it's an interesting growth curve," Torman said. "In what way?" "Look at Katie here." "Gladly," Bore said. "He didnae mean ogle me tits, perv. Watch my aura," she said. "We all want some happiness in our life," Bore said. "Notice the power of her aura?" Torman said. "No, sorry. I'm totally blind to this stuff." "Strange. No matter. Katie is about where you'd expect an Evoker of her bloodline to be; her strength has grown steadily since the Spark awoke at 13 or 14, and will keep growing for decades still," Torman said. "Okay. And mine?" "Not as strong. Yet. But from last week to now, I'm already seeing a significant growth. And it's neither linear, nor normal." "Okay, so... in time I'll probably catch up. Seems fair, I haven't been using magic for anywhere near as long as her," Bore said. "Which shouldn't be possible. For many reasons. Katie's bloodline is extremely potent. You shouldn't be able to catch up with her. Certainly not in weeks." "What's causing it?" "Not sure. It's what I was looking into earlier. Possibly it's related to you finding your Spark so late. Or something else," Torman said. "Katie mentioned I needed better gems. Would you happen to have any?" "Not on me, apart from the ones I have equipped. But you can talk to the Quartermaster, he'd be able to help you get equipped." "Where do I find him?" Bore wondered. "Adrian's usually found in the library. You can access it from the main courtyard." "Cool, thanks." "Now, I'm supposed to teach you a thing or two about fighting. Let me tell you a story from the past, focused on how shock troops, like Evokers, can be used as the spear of a combined force," Torman said. "Cool."
Torman's a surprisingly good teacher, his voice has an almost hypnotic quality, making the battles he describes come alive like something out of an ancient Saga. Both Bore and Katie are sucked into the tale. Bore feels something inside respond, a half-forgotten fragment or memory, burning brightly, deep in his soul. He feels himself growing.
"... It was seen that as the fighting lessened he stood, still alive. But when Erik went to the stern of the ship in search of the king, a light flashed before him as though it were lightning, and when the light disappeared, the king himself was gone," Torman said. "That can't possibly be how the story ends. The heroic king dies, then magically disappears?" Bore said. "Yes? Not every story has a happy ending. Few enough Evoker stories do, truth be told. And yet his deeds echo down through the ages." "Like Katie's dad, you mean." "A good man. Too good to be wasted on Erec's broken castle and strayed sheep. But to each is given the power to finish his own story, and I don't think he would have wanted it differently in the end," Torman said. "I guess." "How you choose your end shows the things you valued through your life, Bore. Da' taught me that. And in the end, standing between civilians and a dragon was how he would have wanted to go," Katie said. "Well, let's try to avoid that happening to us anytime soon," Bore said. "Aye. I ain't fighting no dragon for a good decade or two." "Is that all for the class, Torman?" "Indeed. I've got some stuff to do off-campus. I'll see you next week. Oh, before I forget. The University had some courseware set up for you guys. I've got a card for you... somewhere. Ah, here. You should check that out," the professor said. "Sure." "Some o' me cousins are in town; I'm meeting up to get drunk with 'em. Want to join us?" she said. "Not today; I still have a lot of stuff to do," Bore said. "Yer loss. See ya at the gym!" "Bye, Katie."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:14 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628041943-1

"You here to work?" "Chloe, everyone I talk to keep saying Sorcerers are the furthest away from the magical blood-lines. Right?" Bore said. "Somewhat simplified, but yes. It would be more correct to say that sorcery appears entirely divorced from the Elsewhere blood-lines that powers the Spark, in its various forms." "Don't take it the wrong way, but by the somewhat flexible standards of Edinburgh, you don't seem to be a normal human." "Was it the tail that gave it away?" she said. "The tail. And the ears. But mostly the eyes." "Ah. Well. The eyes... Understand, Bore, that every action has a cost. The only question is if whatever you desire is important enough to pay that price." "And the eye were the price you paid?" he said. "They still function, so it is hardly that expensive. And some people claim they are quite pretty. Though usually while I'm blowing them, so nothing they say at that point should really be trusted." "And the thing you desired... was it worth it?" "We shall se, Bore. Those dice are stil spinning. But even the chance of the dice rolling right was worth any price I had to pay. Need is the key," Chloe said. "A storm is coming, Torman said." "I think he's right: something dark is coming. The Gods are returning to mankind. I believe even they fear whatever is coming, and have come seeking allies. Things that make gods nervous tend to make me anxious as well." "So... what do we do?" Bore said. "A wise man would duck his hea and wait the storm out in the deepest hole he could find." "And that's our plan?" "Of course not. When it comes we'll meet it, and destroy it. I'm perfectly happy on my knees, but I sure as hell ain't dying in that position," she said. "You're sure you're not part Evoker?" Pretty sure. Stubborn pride isn't an exclusive trait to Evokers; I've never met a Sorcerer that wasn't prideful as a cat." "And so a catgirl sorceress must be at least twice as prideful," he said. "More like squared. Anyway, Bore... I've got a bar to run, and you have a destiny to fulfill. Now shoo," she said. "Later, Chloe."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628042134-1

"Okay, let's get the group together. Katie. Every trip to Elsewhere is better with a Pyromaniac at your side." "Aye? Ooooh, yeah. I'm game for some exploration. And explosions. 'Specially the explosions," she said. "Good to have you, Katie. Okay, I don't want to make the group too big. I should give Dylan a call." "Wasssssup! Hey, Bore, I thought you'd never call. Are we hitting Elsewhere again?" he said. "Yeah, you in?" "Hell yeah. Wild horses couldn't keep me away. Unless they were really fierce and had sharp teeth, then maybe." "Indeed. See you soon. I wonder if Chloe wants to join us?" "I guess. But only today, I don't havve time to run around the paths every day, unlike you kids," she said. "Thanks, Chloe! Having you around will be great. I think that's probably everyone we need. Let's head."
The group encountered a small clearing in the paths. It's easy to forget that danger could lurk around the next bend of the road, Elsewhere always feels comfortable. Like it was... home. On the edge of the clearing, Bore sees something black, glowing with an eldritch light. It's a rose. A perfect black rose. It shines with magic, and smells amazing.
"I wonder what I could do with something like this," Bore thought.
That put an end to the expedition and the four of them returned to the Crowley...

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:39 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628043852-1

"Hello, dear Knight." "Hey, Emily. Isn't that a bit excessive? The weather's not that cold outside," Bore said. "Maybe not to you. But then I've seen Evokers shrugging off dragonfire. Compared to that, I guess even Scottish autumn weather isn't so bad," she said. "Don't Enchanters have something to ward off the cold?" "Yes, we do. It is called clothing." "Very funny," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628043933-1

"That was a nice walk," Emily said. "Yeah. I've been wanting to walk here since I arrived, the hill does kind of stare at you when you're at the Royal Mile," Bore said. "It truly is a gorgeous view." "I was reading the guide book. They say this is one of the possible locations for Camelot. What do you think?" "No. Camelot was originally located in what is now Kent," she said. "Was?" "Merlin moved it into Elsewhere when he built the Court." "How do you... move a castle?" he wondered. "I do not know. It is the frustrating part of Merlin's feats; most magical tasks I can understand the underlying process. I may not have the power or skill to achieve them yet, but I can see the steps I would need to walk to get there. With Merlin's magic, there is no such path." "What kind of magician was he?" "An Enchanter? Probably? Though judging by raw power, there may be Evoker blood involved. And some of the old books refer to him as a Sorcerer as well. So it is possible he was all of them," Emily said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628044043-1

"Except Ceremonial Magic, I guess," Bore said. "There is indeed no mention of him sexually gratifying the monsters of beyond, no. Argh," Emily said. "What?" "I do not understand why my father enrolled me in that class." "I don't really mind," he said. "Only because you get to ogle me indecently." "Well, not only because of that. but it certainly helps. It's a fluff class, right? Like the social studies courses I had to take in college." "Perhaps. All my studies were with tutors, there was no fluff," she said. "Anyway, let's not spoil the mood. I love watching the sun set over the city." "It is beautiful. And while this was never Camelot, you can sense the leyline connecting here. It is a place of Power. They sparkle in the night." "Is that one of those tricks I could learn? Seeing ley lines and auras?" he said. "I doubt it. Evokers rarely see ley lines, for much the same reason a flame rarely sees shadows. Your Spark is too bright, it washes out the subtle shades of the world." "It's frustrating, how everyone else sees things in the world I'm blind to." "Your power is still young, much of it will come with practice. Actually, there was a little trick my mother taught me, it might help you," Emily said. "Wait... is that a pack of playing cards?" "Yes?" "What is it about Magic and playing cards? Never mind. So how do we do this?" Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628044131-1

"First. Hold my hands," Emily said. "This is so you can create a bond for the magic?" Bore said. "No, my hands are cold, and yours look nice and warm." "It's not that cold." "I am unused to the cold. It is always summer at the Court;Arthur was the Summer King, after all," she said. "Better?" "Yes. Thank you. So... the scrying. It is a simple enough spell. Focus on the cards, and channel magic into them." "Like this?" he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:11 am

"Gently. Gently, dearest knight. Not everything requires the sledgehammer of Evoker might," Emily said. "This is gently. Okay, so... just... caress the cards?" he said. "The cards, Bore. Not my hands." "Okay, I think I've got it... I can feel the cards responding." "You are still using ridiculous amounts of magic, but at least the cards are not in danger of combusting this time. Next step. Focus your mind on someone, and draw a card. The deck will respond," she said. "Okay." "Who do you want to start with?" "How about you?" Bore said. "Okay. I will be a mid tier Diamond suit card. Diamonds are for Enchanters. Hearts for Healers. Clubs for weaker powers, and I would guess Cereminial Magicians. And Spades are for Evokers. The suit of war and power." "Why mid tier? I thought your family were powerful mages." "We are. But I am still young, and inexperienced," Emily said. "So the card changes over time?" "Everything changes over time. The person changes, and so the card will change to match the reality it mirrors." "Let's try. So I focus on you, and draw a card?" he said. "You do not need to focus... quite so hard. You are intense enough as it is." "Sorry." "Keep an image of me in your mind, and draw a card," she said. "Let's see..."
The queen of hearts came up.
"That is... not right," Emily said. "Got the suit right, at least," Bore said. "The high cards are all Powers. My Father is the Jack of Diamonds. But while it is possible that I will one day be one, I am certainly no Power today. Put aside that card, try again." "Sure."
The same card came up again.
"What in the name of the Horned One is going on..." Emily said. "Looks like you're a Queen in my heart, regardless of what your rules say," he said. "That is sweet of you, Bore. But Magic does not work like that." "You keep saying that." "You are a terrible influence on me," she said. "What's next?" "Who else do you want to scry?" "Katie," Bore said. "Okay. Focus on her in your mind, and draw a card." "Done."
This time the queen of spades was drawn.
"Another Queen in your heart, Bore?" Emily said. "Hey, you can't deny she's hot. Probably crazy, and not 100% human, but hot," Bore said. "If you say so. Again, the suit is correct, the value is not. Katie has the potential to be a Power, but she is still young, and untested." "Who's next?" "The young healer? Why?" she said. "Torman suggested he might be a Battle Healer. Whatever that is." "Most Healers stay behind the front-lines. A few go with the warriors when they fight. If Torman believes him to be a Battle Healer in training, he would be valuable to a hunting party." "Let's try," he said.
The jack of hearts came up.
"Well, at least he's not a Queen. Or I might have started worrying about you," Emily said. "I hadn't actually thoiught of him like that," Bore said. "Right suit. Wrong value. So this is not random, there is some kind of logic at work here." "I wonder what it is." "Who else do you want to scry?" she asked. "Chloe." "You are unlikely to get anything from her. Sorcerers tend to distort the laws of Magic, and one of the side effects is that they are impossible to scry." "Let's try anyway," he said. "There you are." "Wait. So this card has two rear sides? How does that even work?" "That's sorcery for you. Exactly what it will do is anyone's guess, but I've never successfully scryed a sorcerer," Emily said. "Weird."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628044401-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628044519-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628044602-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628044647-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628044725-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628044923-1

"Who else do you want to scry?" Emily wondered. "Molly," Bore said. "Ah, yes. The young ceremonial magician. Why did your thoughts jump straight to her, Bore?" "Just curious."
The queen of clubs came up.
"Another Queen. If I did not know you better, I could be convinced you were a randy lecher," Emily said. "Totally not," Bore said. "Though... it felt as if the card... flickered. Strange." "Likely just the cold." "Who else do you want to scry?" she asked. "I'm done for now, I think." "That's good. The sunset is gorgeous, but it is not getting any warmer." "Let's just sit here, I'll keep you warm," he said. "This is weird. The scrying is simple enough a child could do it. And you are still getting it wrong, somehow." "Well, why don't you try it?" "Nothing will have changed there, but if it makes you happier. Who should I scry?" Emily said. "Try Dylan?" "He is still coming up Jack of Hearts. What are you doing to my scrying, Bore?" "I'm innocent. Try scrying yourself." "You cannot scry yourself. And even if you could, I fear it would just give me the same result as you just had. It appears you have corrupted the ritual itself, and I have no idea how," she said. "Why don't you try scrying me?" "I already did, after the first time we met with the Minotaur. You were a 3 of Spades. Maybe a 4 or 5 now, your powers are growing at a frightening pace." "Try it, anyway," he said.
Emily was chocked when the card came up.
"Sure. I... wait. What is going on, Bore? Who are you?" she said. "Looks like another distorted reading," he said. "This is a 52 card deck. It does not have a joker. I have only seen this... are you a Sorcerer? The only time I have seen this have been when trying to scry a Sorcerer." "Not that I know. And it worked the first time. You guys keep saying my father was a god or something... maybe he was a god of gambling and cards?" "It does not work like that. Divine blood makes you stronger and tougher, but you do not gain their primary characteristics. The son of a God of Gambling would not manipulate cards, any more than the son of the Horned One would be born with antlers," she said. "My mom's like the least magical person ever. Nobody in my family on her side has any connection to magic." "And yet a Power chose her. Why, I wonder." "Cute, hot and willing? Isn't that the story of most of these girl-meets-god tales?" he said. "The willing part is optional. But this was not a casual fling on your father's part. Your mother, your location, everything was planned. What does a God fear, to hise away his offspring like this? And what did he see in your mother?" "Wait, so you think he picked my mother for this? That I'm some sind of breeding experiment?" "It is possible. Sorcery is found in the bloodlines furthest from magic. Evokers are found only in the mingling of Divine blood with human. A sorcererous Evoker would be... quite scary, to be honest," Emily said. "Why?" "Sorcerers have an uncanny ability to find what they need. And Evokers have the raw force to take what they want. The two together have the potential to become a God in its own right." "Well, I don't feel like s sorcerer. There's no nudges or hints, no controlling entity pulling my strings or giving me directions," Bore said. "And Evokers rarely become Powers, they tend to burn out gloriously in quixotic last stands before their power matures." "Well, I have no intention of dying." "A worthy goal. It os a pity no Evoker has ever thought that way before," she said. "You're being sarcastic now, right?" "Somewhat. Evokers almost always follow the same pattern. They keep raising the stakes, fighting stronger and stronger opponents, defending hopeless causes and fighting lost battles, until one day their luck runs out." "And if their luck holds?" he said. "They become gods? I do not know, none of the gods are particularly fortcoming with their origins. But it is certainly possible, even without adding sorcery to the mix." "Would your father be happier about you dating a god?" "My Father has no great love for Gods, Bore. And even if you somehow survive to reach Godhood, that's a hundred years or more into the future... I raher fear I will be married before that," Emily said. "Hey, you already had one suitor get blown up. I could get you a t-shirt that said 'My Real Boyfriend is an Evoker Battlemage.' Maybe that would keep away unwanted advances." "My father would have conniptions. Poor Lord Jerkow's family, they would be furious." "But you'd still like one, right?" he said. "Oh, yes. Though I would only wear it in private. Or with you." "So I'm being upgraded to boyfriend, then. Does that come with a kiss?" "Bore... I..." Emily said. "It's the third date, surely the rules allow for a kiss on the third date." "Second!" "Third. I count the study date," he said. "The rule have a lot to say about chastity, and not a lot to say about dates or kisses," she said. "Then I doubt they'd approve of this."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628045124-1

"Mmmmmmmm!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:11 pm

"Hmmmmmmm..." "See, that wasn't so bad," Bore said. "I do not know... perhaps I would need to try it again to be certain?" Emily said. "Happy to oblige." "Mmmmmmmmmm." "And?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628045141-1

"Definitely not bad. I feel... like I am walking a path of clouds," she said. "That's good, right?" he said. "In some ways, that is amazing. In others... not so much. I feel one wrong step will send me plunging from the clouds into the abyss." "I'll be there to catch you if you call." "That is what scares me. Oh, Bore... Why was I born into this duty? Why is all this so difficult?" Emily said. "Wherefore Art Thou Romeo?" "More Wherefore Am I Emily. This should be... simple. And yet it is so very complex." "How did your parents meet? Another arranged marriage?" Bore wondered. "Hardly. It was a big scandal at the time. My mother was a Fae noble, they fell in love and married without my Grandfather's approval." "So it's 'Do as I say, don't do as I do'?" "It leaves us watching the sunset over Edinburgh together. Let us just enjoy this, while it lasts. Could you... could you kiss me again?" she said. "Always." "If only." "Are you okay, Emily?" he said. "I will be. Just hug me." "Wait, are you crying? Is it something I did?" "It is not you. You have been perfect. It is knowing that someday this will all end, and I will go back to Court to marry some cousin of Lord Jerkow. Perhaps that would have been easier if I had never met you. But I regret nothing," she said. "You don't have to do anything. Your father can't force you to marry some jerk." "No cage is stronger than the one we weave for ourselves, Bore. And Duty is heaver than a mountain." "fudge duty. You deserve better," he said. "I did not choose this Duty. But I will not fail it. In time I will be Queen of the Court in Exile. I will protect it as I can, and hopefully I will leave a stronger Court for my children. One where they can marry for love, bot for Duty." "Damnit, Emily." "Shhhh... let us justenjoy this moment. Who knows how many more we will have," Emily said. "Okay. But this is still bullshit." "Thank you, Bore. For a wonderful date. And for being there for me." "Let me walk you home," Bore said. "Perhaps as far as Grassmarket. I fear the Guardian Golems have not grown as attached to you as I have." "Sure."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628045335-1

"Farewell, dearest Knight. I will... I will always treasure the memory of today," Emily said. "Hey, this ain't over yet. We've got classes on Monday, we'll see each other again soon," Bore said. "You are of course correct. My thoughts have run ahead of me. So I will see you on Monday, and we shall see what twisted mess Sarah has thought up for us this time." "Indeed. Take care, Emily." "Always, dearest knight. Always," she said. "Bye," he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:19 am

Bore returned to the Crowley from his date with Emily...

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628045420-1

"Hey, Bore. Do you have anything for me? MagePunk reports they're running short on ingredients." "Not much. But I found one, at least," he said. "Well, it's better than nothing. Thanks, Bore. I can pay you either £20 for it, or give you a tiny gem? I got fire, ice or lighning," she said. "I'll just take the cash, thanks Chloe."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628052351-1

"I guess it's time for another Ceremonial Magic class this morning. I'm deply curious how Katie's homework assignment worked out. I think like a house on fire is probably accurate. I know Sarah is just trying to stir up trouble, but she's also helping me get closer to Emily. As long as I'm careful I may even escape this coursework with my life. Anyway, let's head to the University and find the rest."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628052411-1

"Nobody here... Wait, that's Molly!" "Bore. Urgh... You cannot imagine what a bitch that other thug was. Like, I've never been so angry," she said. "Hello Molly. How are you?" he said. "And what's up with the stupid dress code? That's got to be like a title IX violation or something. If I knew I had to take off my top and skirt in front of that bitch, I would have totally worn underwear." "We all have our cross to bear." "And then I'm like... nobody needs to know if we just blow this off, right? And you know what that bitch said?" Molly said. "Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heaver than a mountain?" "What? No. Dude. No, she said she was enjoying watching me squirm, and she wasn't going to let me off the hook. Like, what the fudge." "Yeah, it sounds quite different from my study date with Emily," Bore said. "Yeah, you're lucky there. Did you know her family's totally loaded? Like, the Queen of England looks penniless next to them. Shit, imagine making those kinds of connections. That could have been me, instea I got this skany redheaded brute." "It honestly hasn't come up. I guess I alwats assume royals have money, but I don't know what the big deal is." "Like, you've gotta think about these thing's right? The Court has been doing this for a LONG time. There's not just the gold from Elsewhere, they've also been trading in this world. For 1500 years. Like they helped finance half the banks in London," she said. "Honestly, it doesn't really come up. We went out for dinner, and I paid. It's what I'm used to." "You've gotta be smarter about this. I know you brutes don't really use your head for anthing other than knocking down doors, but can't you see how nowing someone like that could totally change your life?" "Look, the likelihood of me living to 30 is evidently low. If I somehow live to reach a hundred, there's a good chance I'll be the next thing to a Power. I neither want or need anyone's charity," he said. "You? A power... what, you think you're going to ascend to tinpot Godhood? You're a foot soldier in a war nobody wants. I'm talking about real things. Money. Connections. Power. To become someone." "I don't need a lot of money to be happy. I just need enough to do what I need to do." "How can you be so... so... provincial. You're nothing like the Americans I met in LA. You're just as thick as the people back home. How can you be happy with so little, knowing there's so much possible," Molly said. "How can you be so unhappy with what you have, when you have so much?" "You'd never understand. Everyone and everything is always pushing me. Making me do things whether I like it or not. I want the power to do what I want." "You'd be surprised how more power just further constrains you. Emily is far more hemmed in than either of us," Bore said. "How could she be constrained? She has everything. Money. Magic. Power. Status. Like, most people would kill to be her." "I guess this is another of those things we'll never see eye to eye about." "Whatever. I'm going to go to class," she said. "Sure, I'll come along." "Not so close... like people wil think we're going somwhere together. That's like a big yikes." "Whatever," he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:23 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628052542-1

"Looks like it's just us and Sarah at the moment," Molly said. "Yeah." "Welcome, everyone, to this intimate special class on Ceremonial Magic," Sarah said. "Hi, Professor." "How did the homework assignment work out, Bore?" "I found them eye-opening, Professor," he said. "I bet. I truly hope you and Princess Pendragon have a stimulating time together." "Within limits. I would prefer to survive to see graduation." "Such ambitions, Bore. I wonder if you'll live up to them," she said. "Indeed."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628052640-1

"Hey, Bore. fudge this course, and fudge Sarah." "She's... right behind us, Katie," he said. "Good. This is a fecking stupid idea. If they're summoning anything today I'm going to break the fecking containment circle meself, and rip it apart as therapy." "It sounds like your homework went well?" "Bore, if you ever mention this homework again, Ah will fecking hunt yer ass dun, break yer kneecaps and leave yer to die in a ditch. Do ya understand?" she said. "I'll take that as a no. Chill, Katie. She's trying to fudge with us, don't let her get to you." "Easy for you to say, you're not stuck naked in a room with that bitch." "Next time, try wearing some underwear?" he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628052717-1

"Morning, dearest Knight. Greetings, Evoker." "Good morning, Emily," he said. "Dearest knight? Bore what the hell are you and the princess up to?" Katie said. "Some of us manage to deal with our homework without burning down the house in the process." "Oh Ah ain't even begun burning shit yet. Just wait." "Turns out neither of them believe in underwear, Emily, so their coursework ended up a litle more intimate than planned," Bore said. "Oh... my..." "Anyway. Think that's all of us, let's see what monstrosity comes visit us today." "I will not be inviting any more of my clients to these classes. Poor mister Mith'tenak was deeply traumatised by the whole thing," Sarah said. "Good." "Look, Bore. I understand you Evokers don't appreciate the inticasies of modern Ceremonial Magic. What you do need to understand is its importance to the Magical Community." "Why?" he said. "Because it greatly expands the pool of magic users. The old methods are all limited by blood lines, even for Esoteric magic. With modern Ceremonial Magic, anyone can use magic to heal. Extend their lives. Be beautiful forever." "And all you have to do is whore yourself out for creatures that would happily rape and mind break you if it got a chance?" "All I have to do is dance and tease a little, and in return I get immortality. Trust me, it's better than the old ways," Sarah said. "I thought it was all maiden at the spring and flolicking." "Of course not, Bore. That's just rhetoric. But Ceremonial Magic, as a path to power, has existed since the dawn of time." "Emily didn't seem to know about it," he said. "The Court did not... approve... of the old ways. Merlin explicitly hated it. I find it hard to disagree with him, the old ways were... harsh." "In what way?" "We have had access to the MM type of Magic for almost 200 years, thanks to the revolutionary work of Isambard Kingdom Brunel. They changed Ceremonial Magic forever, and allowed it once again to be practiced in Western Europe," she said. "What were the old ways?" "Inviting something out of Elsewhere, if you hadve the right location and right words, isn't actully hard. The hard part is getting them to do what you want once they're here. And getting them to leave afterwards, of course." "And how did people do that, before the MM circles?" Bore asked. "Blood, usually. As I said, it wasn't a very repeatable process for whoever was stuck on the wrong side of the summoning circle." "So... people tied virgins up inside a magic circle, summoned a demon, let it do its things with her, then it paid for the priviledge and left?" "It's not always about virgins. The Aztec Rain God Tlaloc, for example, has a real thing for babies. But in roughly transactional terms, yes," Sarah said. "And the Court stopped that?" "In Western Europe. If you tried setting up a summoning circle with a blood sacrifice in the Hunt's patrol area, you'd be more likely to discover a troop of Hunters emerging from the portal than whatever creature you intended to summon." "And in other parts of the world?" he wondered. "Depends. Some have elaborate structures of oaths and promises that bind the Powers of Mundabe and Elsewhere. Others... well, let's just say people often find the Gods they deserve, as happened in Mesoamerica." "What do you mean?" "When you water a God in blood, don't be surprised if Elsewhere around you turn into a hostile hellscape," she said. "So that's why there's no Mages in America?" "There are. Some. But you have to go pretty far north before you escape the umbra of the aztlan pantheon. Los Angeles is certainly not a place anyone sane would try to enter Elsewhere from." "Hmmm," Bore said. "Anyway, class. Today I wanted to discuss the economic impact of Ceremonial Magic on the Magical Community, focusing on the changes to supply chain..."
Bore felt himself learning something, even if it may have been reluctantly.
"And that concludes our lesson for today. Thank you all for coming, and a special thank you to Miss Maclachlan for not causing any incidents this time. Which reminds me, I'm still waiting for your writeup. I expect it on my desk by Friday afternoon," Sarah said. "That wasn't actually so bad, right Emily?" Bore said. " I believe you are forgetting something, dearest Knight," she said. "Oh?" "And, for next class, here are your Ceremonial Magic prctical assignments," Sarah said. "Ah." "Feck! Feckfeckfeckfeck. Feck," Katie cursed. "Close your eyes and think of England, Katie," Bore said. "Ah'm fecking Scottish, okay. If ah close mah eyes and think of England, that ain't gonna make me any less angry." "Well, close your eyes and think of whisky then." "Aye, perhaps not a bad idea. A couple of quick swigs before the homework session might make the whole thing go smoother," Katie said. "That's not actually what... oh, you know what, never mind. Just remember to wear panties this time," he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:20 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628060120-1

"Welcome to the gym, Bore. What are you up to today?" Katie said. "I'm feeling ambitious. Let's have a match," he said. "Bring it on, mate." "Oh, yeah. I was born ready." "Let's head over to the ring," she said. "After you, my lady."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628060150-1

"So.. ye finaly grew some balls? Ready for a match?" Katie said. "I always respect my opponent's skills," Bore said. "Aye. Wise that. Especially when you're up against someone like me." "You're impossible. But let's try this." "So I did some thinking, and I'd like to change the rules a bit," she said. "Cold feet? Feeling shy?" "I'd worry more about yerself, if I was you. So, top, pants, panties." "Briefs, but yes," he said. "I was talking about me, but good yer not over-dressed neither. 3 rounds. 3 pieces of clothing." "And if I do a clean sweep?" "If dreams were wings, pigs would fly," she said. "Sure, but... if." "IF you can do a clean sweep... I'd be quite hot and bothered meself. So we'll see." "Let's go," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628060313-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628060325-1

"Round starting. Ready to rumble?" Katie said. "Oh yeah," Bore said. "First round. Go."
Bore steps out of his corner, touching Katie's gloves. He's got a massive height and weight advantage. But she moves like a snake, Bore's never seen anyone that fast. She effortlessly slips his jab, and throws a ringing left hook to the side of Bore's head on the way out, giggling like a schoolgirl. Katie's bouncing on the balls of her feet, Bore feels she's getting ready to attack him in earnest. A nasty smile lights up his face, and as she attacks he feints to the left, then throws a left uppercut. Katie falls for the feint, but her reflexes are inhimanly fast, turning her chin away and causing Bore's fist to glance off the side of her head. What should have been a knockout blow just snaps her head back. It barely stuns her, but she's open enough that she can't dodge his follow-up straight. It hits Katie like a hammer, right on the chin. Bore can feel her eye roll up, and he catches her as she falls. Bore's round. Even though Katie's knocked out, some animal reflex or instinct fights to bring her back into a fighting stance. Bore supports her for a few seconds, before he can see consciousness returning.
"Are you okay, Katie? Want to call this off?" he said. "Feck you, I ain't fecking quitting. Good blow, Bore, but don't get fucking cocky.," she said. "Okay. Walk it off... and Katie?" "Oh, aye. Now, feel free to watch my tits instead of my moves, if you want." "You are one dangerous woman. Ready?" Bore said. "Round starting. Ready to rumble?" "Oh yeah." "Second round. Go," she said.

https://ibb.co/BV8WhGd

Win or lose, Bore was not getting out of a round with Katie unscathed. Blood's dripping from a cut above his left eye, and two of his ribs on the left are making suspicious popping sounds when he moves. For a second, Katie looks off balance. With a huge leap Bore closes the distance, getting ready to attack her with power-punches up front. She's fast, but the savagery of the onslaught is too much. As he cuts off the ring, he pushes her into a corner, pummeling her with punches. In the end, a knee to the ribs opens Katie's guard. Not much, but enough for an elbow strike to hit Katie in the temple, hard. Somehow she's still standing, but a gentle push to the forehead sends her to the floor. She's not getting up. Bore's round. Katie looks quite peaceful in repose. Apart from the nosebleed. Bore gently shakes her awake.
"Are you okay, Katie? Want to call this off?" he said. "Feck you, I ain't fecking quitting. Round starting. Final round. Get moving, Bore," she said.

https://ibb.co/y6tScvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:30 am

Bore is aching in places he didn't know he had. But depite the pain, he's still feeling ready to go. Whatever Evoker gifts are awakening seem to be boosting his revovery. It might hurt, but he can still fight.
Bore times it perfectly, using Katie's own attack against her, and catching her chin with a hard jab. Her head lifts up, and she's off balance. It's only for a moment, but it's long enough for his looping overhead right to come smashing down into the side of her head. Bore spots the moment the lights go out, and with an effort catches her before her head hits the flood. Bore's round.
"WEll, shit. I lost. To the goddamn newb, of all people. I guess that means you want me to strip?" Katie said. "Oh yes." "There. Like what ya see?"

https://ibb.co/3WL8nLC

"I'm just waiting for you to bend over to pick up your clothes," Bore said. "Ha. You know what, Bore, I'm starting to like you. So I'll make you a deal," she said. "Which is?" "Ya obviously got it when it comes to the striking arts. How are you with mat-work?" "Decent only, I fear. Spent most of my time training Muay Thai, not BJJ or Judo," he said. "Well, here's a friendly competition. One round on the mat, winner gets all." "I suspect I'll regret this, but sure." "Okay, strip?" Katie said. "What?" "You heard me, if I'm wrestling nude, so are you." "Okay?"

https://ibb.co/R6Z1s9j
https://ibb.co/M5ZtCyL

"Very nice. I'm going to enjoy this. Okay, we're starting from the ground. Down on your knees," she said. "You know, I never expected I'd hear those words today," he said. "Shut up and get ready." "You are aware that the ways this can go wrong are... numerous, right?" "That, Bore, depends entirely o what you mean with 'wrong,'" she said. "Well, that's promising at least. Does that mean you don't intend to dislocate anything?" "I guess we'll see whether you're able to rise to the occasion, now doesn't it. I would advise you not to let me down." "Try me," he said.

https://ibb.co/W5NmhnN

The opening move is deceptively slow, reaching out towards Bore's shoulder. He quickly moves his hand to block her. It's a mistake. Like a snake Katie grasps his hand, yanking it back and up, and pulling Bore off-balance as she rolls over it. It's a distracting view, but Bore is also aware that if Katie completes the roll, she'll be in an exellent position to dislocate his arm. And with Katie he's never quite sure if she'd just do that or not.

https://ibb.co/L834YJs
https://ibb.co/4RCY36X

Once she's anchored, all the weight difference in the world won't help him. But right now she's out of position, and the 60 pound difference matters.
Her center of gavity is too close to his, complicating Katie's balance. With a heave of strength Bore lifts her up, bouncing her back off the mat with a grunt, and letting him move to closed guard. Katie wraps her legs behind Bore's back. He can feel his now straining penis grinding against her soaked vagina.

https://ibb.co/3RyFcTr

With a sudden jerk Katie gets hold of Bore's head, and brings him down to her chest. Her forearm locks behind his neck in a choke.
"Head in the game, Bore, or you're gonna get hurt," she said.

https://ibb.co/Qb1jdfq

The tip of Bore's penis is now resting on Katie's vagina, her legs still wrapped around his back, offering him a pergect entrance. He drives into her with a savage grunt.
"Oh fudge yeah. That's what I'm talking about. Took ya long enough," she said,

https://ibb.co/g4VpVfg

It's both fucking and fighting, the two of them clinging together like drunken wrestlers joined at the hip. Bore feels Katie's nails digging into his back, the feeling of her breathing against his forearm as he keeps her down.
"fudge me, Bore... fudge me harder."

https://ibb.co/vXr78x1

"fudge me, Bore. I need you all the way inside."

https://ibb.co/ygX9nCb

"OH, fudge YES."
Bore can feel Katie's shuddering through repeated orgasms. Between the waves of pleasure and pain, he orgasms as he's never done before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:26 am

"That was nae too bad at all. Ah may just haf to keep you around for when Ah feel itchy," Katie said. "That was... awesome. Scary, confusing and weird. But awesome," Bore said. "Sounds like you're describing me." "What's next?" "Next you get dressed and go home. Nay to worry, Ah'll still respect you in the morning," she said. "Just like that?" "What'd ya expect? Pillowtalk and cuddling? It's a fudge, not a date. A very satisfying fudge, admittedly. But still." "I guess. I'll see you at University, then," he said. "Yeah. I'm gonna go clean up. Just let yourself out. Dun forget yer clothes." "This is insane."
"I can feel the t'shirt sticking to the blood on my shoulder and back. The t-shirt is likely a compete writeoff, but at least I've got a cabinet full of similar ones at home. That girl has serious issues. But holy fudge that was something else."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628061307-1

"I promised Emily we'd do out Ceremonial Magic homework today. I should head back to the Crowley and meet her."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628061326-1

"Hello, dearest Knight." "Hi, Emily. So. Are we ready for this?" he said. "No. I fear we are not. But we shall overcome, anyway. Together," she said. "Let's head up to the room and get started."
"You open the envelope this time, Bore. I am too nervous," Emily said. "How bad could it be... let's see," he said. "And?" "Doesn't look too bad, actually. Honesty and self awareness are at the heart of Ceremonial Magic..." "Really? I would have assumed self awareness is the least useful thing for someone whoring themselves out to demons for scraps of power," she said. "Hey, I didn't write this... as such, today's execrise is that each of you should ask, and answer truthfully, three intimate questions." "And that is all`No dress code this time?" "Well, there is. But I think we can do this one outside, actually. Just need to wait for the moon to rise," Bore said. "Oh no. Please tell me it doesn't say dressed in moonlight." "Yeah, how did you know?" "Then we are most specifically not doing thi outside. Bad enough to fully undress for you, I do not want a wider audience," Emily said. "Hey, it said dressed in moonlight. If she wanted us to strip she should have said so." "Many of the most sacred Fae rituals require the participants to attend dressed in nothing but moonlight. Though I doubt they ever mix the genders like this." "Why do you care about a Fae ritual, anyway?" he said. "My Mother was Fae, remember. I will not dishonor her memory by disrespecting her faith." "Do you think Sarah planned this? That she knew about your mother?" "Undoubtedly. It was hardly a secret. I may as well get started, waiting will not make this easier," she said. "Okay." "And you, Bore. Are you not getting undressed?" "Sorry, just enjoying the show. Don't mind me," he said. "You are not making this any easier for me, Bore." "No, but you're making it harder for me. I'm not sure standing up right now is a good idea." "What do you mean?" she wondered. "I guess you'll find out soon enough." "I think I can understand what you meant, last time. There is beauty to watching you move."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628061556-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628061615-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628061629-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628061647-1

"I've been stepping up my training since getting here, I need to be stronger if I am to survive as an Evoker," Bore said. "We are... halfway, I guess. Who goes next?" "You, definitely." "Lecher," she said. "Oh, yes."

https://ibb.co/YX3cT8v

"Okay. That... that wasn't so bad," Emily said. "You look gorgeous," Bore said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:18 am

"I fear they are... a little small. I overheard my chambermaid once, saying men only like big breasts," Emily said. "Some men. Not me, I find yours absolutely perfect," Bore said. "And now your turn, my lecherous Knight." "Okay, just... you know, it's natural, with you getting undressedand everything, so donät freak out or anything." "What do you mea... Oh! My... is it supposed to stand up like that?" she said.

https://ibb.co/sWMz2DW

"Depends on the situation. Don't say I didn't warn you," he said. "I have never... never seen a man's. You know. It looks different than I imagined," she said. "Well, you can look all you want, once you've taken off your panties." "So. Yes. Panties." "We could still do this outside, if you prefer?" Bore teased. "No. I can do this. I just never imagined undressing like this before a man. Ay least not until I was married. You are not going to be overcome by insatiable lust, and despoil me, right?" "Insatiable lust, probably. I'm not going to let myself be overcome by it, though. You will always be safe with me." "And if I do not want to be safe?" Emily said. "What do you mean?" "Oh, never mind. They are just cloth, Emily. Not armour, and not magical." "That's the spirit. It's not so bad," he said. "I am pretty certain it actually is that bad. I am standing here, naked before a strange man, like a shameless hussy." "I don't think I've ever seen anyone less shameless. In fact, if it was possible to die of shame, I'm pretty sure I'd be guilty of murder." "So just a hussy, then," she said.

https://ibb.co/VtZRTZN
https://ibb.co/cTwmFGB
https://ibb.co/rcp3Yzj
https://ibb.co/wdYrsK0
https://ibb.co/DLfp1hX

"Just a girl. Relax, it's not the first time I've seen a naked girl," Bore said. "And that is supposed to make me feel better?" Emily said. "Well, if it's any consolation, you're by far the prettiest girl I've seen naked." "Hardly. My breasts are too small, my hips are too boyish, and... and... I am babbling. Horned Lord help me." "You've mentioned the Horned Lord before. Who is he?" he said. "Teally? We are doing Fae theology now?" "I figured it might help you relax." "I somehow doubt it will work. But to answer your question, the Horned Lord is the Lord of the Hunt, and the highest God of the Fae. My mother's faith, such as I know it," she said. "I thought your father was the Lord of the Great Hunt?" "He would certainly like to think so. But the Hunt is older than the Court, by far. In the absence of Cernunnos, humans have taken up the call. But we are only borrowing their mantle, it is not ours." "Do you believe in him?" he wondered. "That is a curious question. I believe he exists. He does not interact much with mortals, but the Powers of the Fae swear allegiance to him. But you mean in the sense of... faith, right? As in a religion?" "Yeah." "Faith is a hard thing to nurture when your Father hosts Gods getting drunk at the dinner table. I do swear by him, but I do not pray to him. Or any other Gods," she said. "I guess I could ask you something innocent, like what your first pet was?" "We have been over this before, Bore. If I wanted to cheat at this assignment, I would have done so while I still had my underwear. So. Let us follow instryúctions, and ask questions that are intimate in nature. I doubt I can be any more mortified than I am now." "Are you sure?" he said.

https://ibb.co/RyqsyQH

"Ask your question, Bore," Emily said. "I'm surprised you shave," he said. "Did you expect me to have whiskers like a dwarf?" "No, I mean... down there. You know?" "You mean... oh. Fae do not have body-hair. Nor do half-fae. I had forgotten fully human girls do." "Usually, yeah," he said. "I must look very strange to you. As if I was wandering around bald as an egg." "No, not at all. A lot of girls shave, you know. Their legs, and their armpits and... well." "But why?" she wondered. "Most men find it attractive. Sexy. And obviously it's better for oral... wait, no. Nevermind," he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:29 pm

https://ibb.co/ccf76my

"Oral what?" Emily wondered. "I am so not doing SexED 101 with you right now. Didn't the tutors teach you this?" Bore said. "Sexual Education at Court is largely restricted to what not to do. I see I shall have to use my first question. What did you mean about oral?" "Do they not teach you anything about the birds and the bees at Court?" "They teach young birds to keep their knees together around lecherous bees like you. Now stop wriggling. Oral... what?" she said. "Look, it's nothing serious. Just that being clean shaven is a lot better for licking pussy. That's all." "But why?" "Well, a full bush is really pokey. And having to pluck hair out of your teeth is a turnoff, obviously," he said. "That is not what I meant. So you... kiss... the girl's vagina?" "Well, kiss, suck, nibble, lick, tongue. You know, experiment, find out what the girl likes." "That does not sound very hygenic," Emily said. "Well, you'd wash first, of course. Same rule as with a blowjob. After that it tastes quite nice, a little sweet, a little salty." "So you have done this... oral sex... before? And what is a 'blowjob'?" "Hey, I answered the question. Give me a break," Bore said. "So a 'blowjob' is not oral sex?" "Errrrr..." "Then you still owe me an answer, Bore," she said. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?" "You enjoyed watching me squirm. It is only fair that I get revenge." "Hey, I still enjoy watching you squirm, it does fascinating things to your breasts," he said. "Blowjob, Bore?" "Yes please? Okay, okay, don't look at me like that. A blowjob is just when you suck a boy's dick. Well, one of the terms for it, anyway," he said.

https://ibb.co/fGKXkjK

"And have you done this?" she asked. "Sucked dick? No. Sorry to spoil your Fujoshi dreams, but I don't swing that way," he said. "Fujoshi? What does that mean? What I was asking was... have you ever, you know... kissed a girl, down there." "Oh, sure. Many times. There's something incredibly sexy about watching a girl inch to orgasm from you licking her." "So the same mouth you kissed me with last date, also... licked another girl's sex," Emily said. "I promise I brushed my teeth afterwards. I never claimed to be a virgin. Do you regret kissing me now?" "No. Never. It is just... strange to imagine. Does everyone do this?" "Most couples, I guess. It's safe, and fun and feels good," Bore said. "What a curious idea. That all those girls at the University spend each day talking to me, then go home and use the same mouths on their boyfriend's penises." "It's kinda hot to think about, isn't it. And, when you think about it, it's a form of sex that doesn't take your virginity." "No, Bore," she said. "No what?" "I can see the little wheels behind your eye spinning. And your... your dick... it twitching. You are thinking lecherous thoughts right now." "Guilty as charged. Just hold onto that thought, we'll get back to it. But for now I have questions to ask you," he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:50 am

https://ibb.co/9GDq8fc

"Ask your question, Bore," Emily said. "Tell me about your first crush," he said. "How did you know I had one?" "Everyone has a first crush. And always end up making a fool of themselves over that person." "Well, I have not made a fool of myself. Yet, at least," she said. "How old were you?" "21?" "Wait, so you never fell in live before?" Bore said. "Life at Court. Being a princess. It all constrains you. The servants fear the wratch of my father. The Nobility wait only for a moment of weakness. You build walls around your heart, and while there have bneen boys I have felt attracted to, I have always been wary. Until I met a foolish young Evoker that rushed headlong into danger for my sake." "So I'm your first crush?" "Maybe? I have little to compare it to. When I look at you, I feel a warm tingling in my stomach. Sitting here, naked beside you, I feel shame, but also... exitement. When I am awayfrom you, I find myself remembering your face, or the way you move, or the taste of your lips. So perhaps it is a crush, or something else," Emily said.

https://ibb.co/pwQ0z8z

"I really don't know what to say," Bore said. "You are the first man who liked me. For who I am, not what I am. And even beyond that, there is an attraction to you. Somehow. As if I have always known you, even before I first met you," she said. "I will try to be worthuy of your trust, Emily." "Did I answer your question?" "Not the answer I expected, but certainly an answer that makes me happy. You seem... unconcerned saying this," he said. "I assumed you knew. Thoughtlessly kissing random strangers is not my way, though perhaps it is the way of the Old World. That evening on Arthur's Seat meant more to me than I think you understand." "Shall we continue?" "Ask your question, Bore," she said. "How often do you masturbate?" "I do not. So that was a wasted question." "Wait, you don't mastirbate at all?" he said. "No." "Ever?" "No matter how many ways you ask that question, the answer does not change. I understand that men have... urges. And that some act out on them. Seeing your... you, like this, I gues that becomes easier to understand," Emily said. "So you've never had an orgasm?" "Well, since I have never been touched by a man in that way, and I do not do it myself... no, I have not had such a thing." "Damn. What a waste," he said. "It's hardly that big a deal." "You only say that because you've never had one. We should totally fix that." "I know that it is hard to focus on the homework, Bore. Especially when we are both sitting here naked. But this is as far as this goes," she said. "...Today."

https://ibb.co/gy1PT77

"Gods alone know. Two weeks ago the thought of sitting here naked with a man discussing sexual habits would have been absurd in the extreme," Emily said. "Think of it as a stairway to heaven," Bore said. "If we ended up having sex, it would be more a slippery slope to Hell. The court takes these things seriously, Bore. Even if you don't. My father would not tolerate such a challenge to his authority." "So look, but don't touch. Got it." "Normally there would not be any looking, neither. At least not like this. Damn Sarah and her meddling to the cold lands," she said. "Hey, I don't mind." "No, I can see that. Your... thing... is practically straining at the leash." "Well, you can't really blme him. I'm sitting here naked, with the most beautiful girl I know, talking about sex. It's kinda exiting," he said. "If you say so." "How do you feel? Doesn't this make you hot?" "I believe you have already asked your question," she said. "It was wasted, right? Think of this as clarification." "Unfair!" "No, totally fair. It's pretty easy to see when a man is exited. Women are a little harder, but there are some tells," Bore said.

https://ibb.co/9GDq8fc

"And how would you see that?" she said. "Your skin is flushed. Especially your cheeks and your lips. Your nipple are stiffer than normal. Your breathing is shallow, and if I could feel your heartbeat I would be it's beating like you were running a marathon," he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:51 am

"It feels... strange. When you focus on me, like now, it's like there's only the two of us in the whole world. There is a hot ball of fire at the bottom of my stomach, churning and turning. Is that what you are talking about?" Emily said. "Yeah. An orgasm is like that ball of fire washing through your entire body, then leaving you warm and relaxed and happy," Bore said. "Well, it certainly does sound sinful, though not very terrible." "In my experience, people start using term like sinful when they've run out of actual arguments. There's no reason the two of us shouldn't be able to enjoy each other. Or enjoy yourself alone, for that matter."

https://ibb.co/w4zHgHg

"There are all kinds of reasons. The tattered remains of my chastity foremost," she said. "I think I am out of questions," he said. "So I need to come up with an... intimate... question. And with you, that seems to drift towards sex." "Doesn't have to. But you can't deny that the situation, sitting here naked with you, is pretty erotically charged." "Yes... I can se that. So... a question," Emily said. "Anything you want." "Do you... do you masturbate? No, of course you do. What do you think of when you... touch yourself." "It depends. But tonight I'm definitely thinking of the two of us, right now," Bore said. "Of... me?" "Oh, yeah. As much as I remember. It would be better, of course, if I had a photo or something to remind me..." "Are you asking the heir to the Throne in Exile to send you pornographic pictures? Bore, I fear your memories will have to suffice," she said. "Well, no harm in asking." "I believe I have one final question left." "Oh dear," he said.

https://ibb.co/zQMSW7b

"It is a serious question, not anything sexual. Well, nothing explicit, at least," Emily said. "Okay?" "Does it bother you, that we must keep our relationship secret?" "Wait, we must?" Bore said. "If my Father finds I have acquired a boyfriend... well, let us hope we can avoid that. At the very least he would recall me to Court. Likely ban me from ever seeing you again." "And worst case?" "Worst case would be... deeply unfortunate. I am not blind to my Father's flaws, and he is capable of both damnable pride, and irrational anger," she said. "Okay, so don't let daddy know, or I might find myself running like a deer with the hunt after me. Check." "The question, though, was if it bothered you?" "Wellm it beats the alternative. So there is that. But yeah, it bothers me a little," he said. "I am sorry, dearest Knight. I... I am not an easy person to be around. All I can ask for is that we share what time we have, and that you do not think badly of me when I leave to do what I must." "Well, I don't share your pessimism. A year is a long time, who knows what will change in that time." "A year is not long enough for a fledgling Evoker to gain the ability to stand against the Powers of the world, Bore. I know Evokers hate to hear this, but mortal flesh and blood has limits. Even yours," Emily said. "We'll deal with it when we get there. Maybe we can elope?" "Duty, dearest Knight." "Did you know Duty is my least favorite word these days," he said. "Duty is not about comfort, it is about doing what is right." "Even when it feels wrong?" "Especially then. If Duty only required you to do what you wanted, it would not be heavier than a mountain," she said. "So what do we do now?" "We get dressed, I think. Our questions are over, and so is our need for such an exposed dress code." "Too bad," Bore said. "I can only worry how next time will play out." "It'll be fine. We can do this together." "Indeed. Have you seen my bra? I thought I left it around here somewhere," Emily said.

https://ibb.co/4fgF50C
https://ibb.co/HBHYG6q
https://ibb.co/J7SYnpv

"Nope, let me help you look," Bore said. "Strange. I was certain I left it on the bed," she said. "Can I just say you look incredibly hot like that?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:00 am

"More so than when I was fully undressed?" Emily said. "Different, at least. Now, about that kiss..." Bore said. "When we are dressed, impatient man." "Well, you are mostly dressed. Your virginity is in no danger." "My chastity, however..." she said. "... is already in tatters, as you said. What is a little more? By the way, I seem to have found your bra." "Making me suspicious you had it the whole time." "Possible. Now, I guess I could keep it, as a memory of a fantastic date. Or I could trade it for a kiss," he said. "You are irrespessible. Well, then it seems I have no choice. You shall have your kiss, so I can get dressed." "Thank you."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628063421-1

"You are... a bit close," she said. "Shhhh."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628063432-1

"That... that was nice," Emily said. "I love the feeling of your skin against mine," Bore said. "It is easy to forget how large you are. As strong as any knight, even without your Magic. I could easily imagine you in full armour, riding with the Hunt." "Perhaps we'll see that, one day. Evokers do join the hunt, you said." "Perhaps..." she said. "What is it?" "By the time your power has matured that far, all this will be over. And I will be standing there, another man's wife, watching you ride to war. Hiding these memories in my heart." "Nonsense. You'll be riding at the head of the Hunt, witth me at your side. And if Lord Jerkow's cousins try to stop us, Katie will help thm have an unfortunate accident," he said. "I is a nice dream. Nicer than mine, for certain. Perhaps that is part of your allure, that optimism and confidence that your dreams will come true." "I believe the choices we make affect our future. Just look at the two of us... could you imagine this 2 weeks ago?" "No..." Emily said. "Things change. A year is a long time. And who knows what'll happen before that." "I would love to share that dream. For now, at least." "Don't borrow trouble from a future that may change," Bore said. "I... I will try." "That's my girl." "And now... you have had you kiss, may I have my bra?" she said. "Sadly, yes. Here you go."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628063600-1

"Thank you, Bore," Emily said. "For the bra?" he said. "No, for this. All of it. Sarah may think she is toying with us, but I am happier here with you than I have been in years." "Hey, if I'd known that all it took was a yopless kiss to make you happy, I'd have done it sooner." "All it took was a shared dream, I think. And maybe some hope in a better world. Thank you, Bore," she said. "Always happy to help." "It is getting late. I should head back, before questions are asked." "Want me to walk you home?" he asked. "No. Edinburgh is not dangerous, compared to the Paths. And I need some time alone to think." "Okay, if you insist." "Goodnight, dearest Knight. Thank you for everything," she said. "Goodnight, Emily. Safe travels," Bore said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:19 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628063702-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628063718-1

"Oh, yes. I love those photos. The qustion is of course... can we encourage her to go further next time?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628064559-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628064627-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628064638-1

"I should probably go to the Evoker Lecture today. Torman's got some things to teach me, I'm sure. I wonder if Katie will actually drag her ass there, this time. Hope so. She's crazy, but I could spend hours just watching her move. She's got the grace of a tiger. Probablt significantly more dangerous than a big cat, too, which has its own attraction."
"Weird. There's almost nobody here. I wonder if there's some kind of concvention or program I missed out on? Let's head to Torman's office."
"Offices are on the right, I think. Though something's ... off. There's muffled sounds coming from DNG1. Considering how well insulated those dungeons are, it must be rather loud. I wonder what's happening... I wonder if one of the thots is summoning something. I'm curious how a proper Ceremonial Ritual looks... I'm sure they wouldn't mind a spectator, right? I think I've got some time before I'm supposed to meet Torman. Sounds like a nice... educational... opportunity. Let's check her... I mean it out."

https://ibb.co/TP1LLGr

"What. The. fudge. I guess Ceremonial Magic is a bit more... involved... than I thought."
"MMMMM! Mh MM! Hmmm!"
"Yeah, that doesn't look right. I should probably help her out."
"Call Sarah. Help!" "Never call a thot to do a thug's job. Hey, tentacle-thingy, guess who's having takoyaki for dinner tonight?" "Bore! Wjat are you doing? You can't fight this. We've gotta find one of the ptofessors!" Molly said. "You know, I've had to sit through Ceremonial Magic classes. I think it's only fair you get an introduction to what Evokers do." "Stop trying to be a fucking hero, go get someone competent!" "I think I liked you better with the tentacle in your mouth. Now shut up and let me work," Bore said.

https://ibb.co/3sDXJ52

"Holy shit. I can't believe you defeated it," Molly said. "Not a problem," Bore said. "You brainless, stupid, idiotic thug. Why couldn't you just have gotten a professor? What if it had killed us both?" "The words you are looking for, Molly, are thank you." "Shit. I knew something was off. I knew in my heart I should never have tried to summon something today," she said. "Well, the next time you feel like that, you might want to listen to your feelings." "fudge you, okay. I'm not going to be yanked around by invisible strings like a puppet. Never again." "Are you sure you're okay? Do you need me to call Sarah?" he said. "No. I just... shit. That... thing. It nearly got me." "You're safe now. Did it hurt you?" "The fucking thing nearly dislocated my jaw, it was rougher than that lineman back at UCLA. Apart from that, you stopped it in time," Molly said. "Did it destroy your clothes?" "No. They're around here somewhere, I'll get to it. That magic you used... was that Evoker magic? I've never seen anything like it before." "The Swords of Mankind, the Monster Hunters and Dragonslayers. At your service, miss," Bore said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:06 pm

"I know my professors despise you guys. But I've never seen anything like that. The raw power. It was... exhilerating. And you... you hunt mosters? Thing like that tentacle creature?" Molly said. "Yes. We try to stop them from doing to others what that thing wanted to do to you. Are you sure this whole Ceremonial Magic thing is a good idea for you?" Bore said. "And what's my alternatives? Grow old at 40, and die a hideously wrinkled and crippled thing by 80? I'm not born with the Spark, like you. I need to work for it." "It's hardly that bad. The vast majority of manking goes through life just like that." "Well, I'm not fucking one of the vast majority. I am Molly Irvine, of the Blakemoor Irbines. And I will live beautiful and young. Forever. No matter what it costs," she said. "Are you sure you don't want me to take you to the doctor, or one of the Professors?" "No. I just need you to fudge off, so I can get dressed. And Bore?" "Yes?" he said. "If you tell anyone about this, I'll... I'll... just don't okay. Please." "Sue, Molly. Just be careful next time." "Now go away. Perv," she said. "Whatever. Bye."
"Okay... even by the standards of this city, that was a weird moment. Though I will say, Molly has a totally smoking body. Hey, there's Emily. Emily! Over here!"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628065246-1

"Hello, my dearest Knight. Are you okay? You look like you've been in a fight," she said. "Yeah, I had to rescue Molly from a summoning gone wrong," he said. "What do you mean?" "Nothing to worry about, she's okay. Maybe she'll have more respect for what Evokers do, going forward." "Was there anything you wanted to ask of me?" Emily said. "Where are we going for our date tomorrow evening?" "Has it become such a regular occurence that you do not even need to ask me out first?" "No, of course not. Emily, would you do me the kindness of joining me for a date this Friday?" Bore said. "I would love to." "Where do you want to go?" "Your choice, I believe. They have been good ones so far," she said. "So. This is going to sound crazy, but... why don't you show me something you know better than I?" "I fear there are few such places in this world." "Yeah, that's what I meant. I've gotten acess to a portal to Elsewhere... why don't we go on a date there?" he said. "A... portal? Where, Bore, would you fin a portal in this city." "Chloe has one in the basement, she's been sending me in to look for ingredients. Parts of it are scary, certainly. But some of it is beautiful," he said. "Bore, I truly wish you would be more wary of the gifts Sorcerers grant." "Come on, you'll be there to guide me. We don't need Katie or Dylan, just the two of us." "I... I do not know. The Court is beautiful beyond your dreams, but showing up there with a boyfriend would be... problematic," Emily said. "Isn't there anything else close that's worth seeing? Katie has a mono focused and pretty murderous relationship with the Paths, but surely that's not all." "No. No, that is not all there is to Elsewhere. There is beauty and magic beyond compare. Very well, then, let me be the teacher and you the student, for once." "Sounds awesome. so. Friday evening as usual?" Bore said. "Indeed. But for now I must take my leave, my Knight. I was on my way to lectures when I saw you." "Take care."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:53 pm

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 2 20220628065624-1

"Didyea nay hear me, ye lousy excuse for a spineless beaurocrat? I ain't fecking moving. Now bugger off. Poncy fucking southerner." "Err. Hello? I was told to come here for... gems?" Bore said. "Och aya? Sorry laddie... thougght you were from the fecking management office. Trying to evict me. Again." "I'm sorry." "Ah, dunnae be, laddie. Those wankers won't shift me. Every ten years or so some bright spark in administration gets the idea they can renege on my papers. But the chancellor himself signed, and I ain't movin'," the quartermaster said. "Every ten years? How old are you anyway?" "Pushing at... 120 now? Came back from Somme, but forgot me legs in a trench somewhere. Along the way I'd saved the old Chancellor's son, so he gave me my pepers, and let me run the supply for the mages here at the University in perpetuity." "And you're still working? One hundred yars later?" Bore said. "Aye? When ya trade with mages, well... some magic sticks to me fingers, ken? So I may be half the man, but I'll stick around for thrice as log." "Couldn't they have fixed your legs?" "Nah, magic dun work like that. They could have healed me from near death, but actually re-growing me legs, that cannae be done. But the girls love a War veteran, and there're some mighty cute ones running around the University," the quartermaster said. "Yeah, there's no shortage of cuties here." "Aye, right? Why, just yesterday I saw this hot blonde with an American accent. Had an ass you could bounce a coin off. Was in here buying some kind of Ceremonial Magic gems, I think." "That sounds like Molly. Yeah, she's got a pretty awesome body," Bore said. "Aye. Well, she's a Ceremonial Magician, what'ya expect?" "Isn't it a bit of a waste of time, chasing a professional virgin?" "Are ye daft, laddie? If ye're at a prime golf-course, ye don't turn your nose up just 'cause one of the joles is temporarily closed. There's always other holes to play," the quartermaster said. "Well, that's certainly one way to look at it." "So yer' here for gems, laddie? Well, I've got ya covered. What're you looking for?" "Can you get me some fire gems?" Bore said. "Och, aye laddie. Reminds me of the War, there was this crazy lad from the Highlanders, from some godforsaken valley out west. Loved his flamethrower, he did. What kind of gem are you looking for?" "I'm looking for a gift for a friend." "Do I look like a jeweler? Though, I might have some earrings around here somewhere," the quartermaster said. "No, I'm looking for a gem. A fire gem." "A lady of distinction, I see. Well, we've got 3 types, as I told you. And no, I don't gift wrap." "Thing is, she's really helped me out. You don't have anything... special?" Bore said. "Fire... Special... wait. Yer not talking about that young Maclachlan Evoker, are ye?" "Katie, yes. She really helped me out with my first gems. Without her I'd likely have died on the paths a long time ago." "Why did ye nae tell me. Mister Maclachlan did me a solid once, I would nae be here without 'im. Did right by a lot of people, that man. If it's for Katie, I might have... something," the quartermaster said. "Thanks." "Lemme... see. Here. A true, flawless, fire gem. Ain't many that can bring enough power to the table to trigger it, even among Evokers. But the Maclachlans ain't short on power." "What does it do?" Bore said. "Fire damage. Lots of fire damage. Like being ground zero on a nuke." "How much is it?" "Likely more than ye can afford, laddie. But... I do owe the Maclachlans. I genuinely cannae go lower than £500, and that's cuttin me own throat," the quartermaster said. "That's... not cheap." "Ain't a lot of true gems anywhere, and most of them are held by the Powers. This is the only one I've seen in a hundred years of doing this." "Okay, I'll take it," Bore said. "Ye're studyin' to be an Evoker, right?" "Yeah. How did you know?" "Ah, ye see, laddie... the most important thing for a Quartermaster to do, is to be able to measure a man wif' a glance. Why, back when I was running supplies, I could pick the right uniform size for a man within 5 seconds of layin' eyes on him," the quartermaster said. "How did you go from a Quartermaster to a ditch in Somme?" "Aye... well... there were some misunderstandings. None of my doing, ken, but... some rifle, and possibly an automobile or two, went missin'. And for some silly reason they blamed me." "So you embezzled from the Army, and in return they sent you to the front?" Bore said. "Embezzling is such a harsh word. I see meself as a Robin Hood kinda character. Taking from the rich, giving to the poor. Ain't nobody richer than the Army in war-time. And ain't nobody poorer than some draftee, who dun even own his own life no more." "If you say so. You wouldn't happen to know any good places for studying around here?" "Aye. There's a private library up the stairs. The assistant running it is mighty cute, too." "So up those stairs?" "Aye. Sadly she fled where I cannot follow. This scooter's one hell of an upgrade from me first wjeelchair, but it still dun do stairs to well. Not that I haven't tried," the quartermaster said. "Cool. I should totally check it out later," Bore said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next