Saturn Reads Tarot
Saturn Reads Tarot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Donate Here

Ads
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 Empty The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story

Post by Wotan Wed May 06, 2020 12:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the wonderful world of TES Skyrim. You know it by now, click the thumbnail to view the full-size screenhot and click the link to view the hidden screenshot I can't have displaued here. Have fun and enjoy the story. Let us begin...

My name is Bronkah Dovahkiir. This is my story. It Begins where it might have ended -- if fate had not intervened...
The Imperials had caught Ulfric Stormcloak, Jarl of Windhelm and leader of the rebellion. The civil war could have ebded this day. But the black dragon had other ideas...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20170902214026-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20170902214306-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20170902214812-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20170902214853-1

Here we were on the road to Helgen, to our execution and on to Sovngarde...
"Sic transit gloria Imperii - So passes the glory of the Empire", I thought to myself. 

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20170902215647-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20170902215720-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20170902215818-1

I was called up to the block after the brave Stormcloak Soldier. But then, out of seemingly nowhere...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20170902215919-1

The dragon saved my Life, but I was far from safe yet...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20170902220026-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20170902220112-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20170902220215-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20170902220245-1

I followed Ralof, the Stormcloak Soldier into the keep...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20170902225933-1

We made it out together. Now we were on the road to the village of Riverwood...

Back to top Go down

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 Empty Re: The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 4:18 am

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180620214212-1

"Thank the gods! This one is bored to death. Being a ghost leaves much to be desired. In fact, this one was talking with butterflie not long ago. Speaking of, there's a beautiful specimen here, one very fond of ectoplasm. But this one hasn't seen it for some time and he starts to worry. It seems more and more alchemists are robbing butterflies of their wings for their potions. Are you an alchemist?" the Lorekeeper said. "No, certainly not. It's all a bit over my head and tiresome to hunt for ingredients," Aster said. "That is good. The butterfly has as much right to live as you and... You, anyway, yes? But look at you. So full of life, unfulfilled wishes and dreams. What can this old khajiit help you with?" "My companion here-" "This one recognizes her aura. Come here, kitten. This ring! Where did you get it?" the ghost said. "That's a bit of a long story. She has no memorie and it was with her belongings." "This is the ring of Ri'Virr! It was lost during the clan uprisings!" "I've read that much. What was that about an ayra though?" Aster said. "This one used to be her clan's memory keeper, one who passes knowledge from the last generation to the next. But the chain was broken when this one died." "Please, tell us about her connection to the ring. We've travelled so far for it." "But the ring is here now, so there's still hope! As for why she has it, her aura is that of M'rissi, the daughter of Ra'Sadir!" the Lorekeeper said. "The traitor of his clan?" "He was no traitor! He loved his brother very much, and gave much to ensure the clan's survival. It seems none have paid enough attention to the story. Did you know that the group he helped to escape was women and chldren?" "He knew they couldn't hold out," Aster said. "The Thalmor's forces were overwhelming. He did what was necessary to ensure the clan survived. When he surrendered the rest, a handful were killed, and the Thalmor had him kill his own brother as a show of good faith. They searched for the ring, but to no avail. It was thought to be lost for good, bot now it has come again!" "But if all that's true, why are you here?" "This one came here with the women and children, but he got separated. He exiled himself to this tiny shack, and lived out his miserable life," the ghost said. "So you don't know what became of the women and children?" "This one does not know. But he is curious, how did you come of Ra'Sadir's daughter?" "I rescued her from some Thalmor. They were hunting her on behalf of someone called Isael," Aster said. "If Isael had her, then I fear the others are dead. That woman is a daedra wearing elven skin. Even the most hardened warriors tremble at her name. She was the one responsible for the clan's demise. This one cannot do much now, but he can seek them out, if they have perished. If you truly wish to restore her memory, perhaps the mages in the town of Winterhold can be of some use," the Lorekeeper said.

https://ibb.co/dK18Hj8

When my son told me M'rissi's story, I offered my help...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180620215956-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180620220021-1

We were all heading to the College of Winterhold...

Back to top Go down

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 Empty Re: The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 4:22 am

"Ah, welcome to the College of Winterhold. You look a little lost. My name is Riane. Can I help you with anything?" "I'm searching for someone skilled in the art of Restoration," Aster said. "Well, isn't that the coincidence? I happen to be the protege of Colette, our resident Restoration master. She's out on a trip to gather supplies for the next few days. I might be able to help." "My companion here has lost her memories. We're hoping you might be able to help." "Oh, I thought you were looking for a book or something. This is, I'm very busy, but I'll tell you what. You trade me a favor for a favor, and I'll see what I can do," Riane said. "What is it you need?" "I need supplies, and I just don't have the money to go and pay for them. Hang on, let me get my list." "I don't mean to be rude, but this is a bit more important. Can I just pay you so you can buy your own supplies?" Aster said. "I guess that works too. Alright, let's go have a look. Come here, puss," Riane said. "Frrreow! Her name is M'rissi! M'rissi!"

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180620220643-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180620220951-1

"Stand still now," Riane said. "Don't dawdle around to keep her waiting! Do it, no?" M'rissi said. "Hold her where she is so she doesn't run."

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180620221029-1

"MREOW!" "Aha! Got it! It's an old Aldmeri Sarcophagus," Riane said. "A what?" Aster said. "It's kind of like a lock box, in the mind. It's hiding all her memories. Uh... you alright?" "Just a few claw marks. I'll be fine. So, can you unlock it?" "Not without the correct passphrase, I'm afraid. If you attempt to open it without the right passphrase, it'll be destroyed and permanently erase the memories in it. Best place to get it would be from the person who placed it," Riane said. "I think I know who I need to go see. Do you recongnize the name Isael?" Aster said. "Of course I do. She's the head Justicar of the Thalmor in Skyrim. You'll probably find her at her headquarters, in Solitude. But if you go there, you'd better be careful. I hear she's very powerful."
Aster turned to M'rissi who was seated nearby...
"So, you heard it all," he said. "She did. But... She doesn't know what we do now? You have a plan, no?" "My plan is to go to Solitude and get the password from Isael. Not sure what beyond that though." "She thinks you have forgotten something!" M'rissi said. "What's that? Guards? Treaps? Lollygaggin'?" "Her ears and fluffy tail, you silly! She is unique and will be spotted fast! she will draw a crowd! And... And she does not like the sound of that name, Isael. It makes her tail poof out." "I was going to suggest a disguise but now I think it's better you stay here with Riane," Aster said. "She doesn't want you to go alone! What if you get caught in a trap? How can she save you? She knows you need protecting." "Don't worry. My family will be there with me," Aster said. "Mrrr. She wants you to be safe... But you had better come back to her, no? She won't let you run away with a new companion. She can't trust you'd be safe, as much as she has to take care of you! A-and she wants to thank you for this. She is grateful for all you do for her. Now hurry up! She already misses y- her memories! Yes, yes! She meant to say her memories! She wants you to hurry for them!" M'rissi said.

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180620221416-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621212500-1

Leaving M'rissi behind, we traveled to Solitude. It was strange how easily we could get in...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621212905-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621213232-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 4:25 am

I don't know what happened. Suddenly there was a blinding light...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621213346-1

"Well, well. Look what the Khajiit dragged in! So wonderful to finally meet the one who's been hindering my search parties," Isael said. "If you think this pitiful binding can hold me, then you're in for a surprise," Aster said. "Will you forgive me if I don't believe that? It's held much stronger and magically talented than you. And I see you've appropriated my toy for your own pleasure. A fine piece of work, isn't she? The magics used creating her were incredibly dangerous and difficult, even for me." "She's not your toy anymore." "Possession is nearly everything, and very soon she'll be back in my possession. As you are," she said. "If you give me the password to your spell, I may allow you to live when I break free." "Such impotent threats. The password os Power. Now what are you going to do about it?" "I'm going to kill you," he said. "Good luck with that, rooted to the floor as you are. Presently, I've got to recover my toy, and I'll be back for you," Isael said.

Before we knew it, we were standing out in the open. In front of us was a table, on it a note...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621213608-1

I'm sure by now you've realized you stand no chance against Isael on your own. Lucky for you, there are others who would also see her destroyed. If you truly care for your cat, you will meet with me as soon as you can.
We will provide you with the key you need to put an end to things once and for all. You'll know how to find us when the time is right.
Ulquarion

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 4:27 am

Isael's Journal
Amongst the group of captives, an interesting individual attrcted my attention. A very young female Khajiit stood out from the yelping multitude. It actually seems curious. I do wonder how it can still enjoy the world, which has, by no means, treated it kindly, considering all that has happened to its clan, the death of relatives, and so on. None of this has forced this young beast to withdraw into itself, unlike so many others of its kin. At that very moment, it dawned on me: what if I test this specimen? Eventually, it could dispel my tedium! I brought the promising creature along with its younger siblings, two mere whelps, male and female, into my home. There was something affecting in how it clasped to its bosom. I wonder how those two would become useful to me?
I my mansion, I assigned a room next to my own dormitory for that M'rissi. I decided not to rename it; as the word sounds amusing. Oneof my Altmer aids is obliged to look after the specimen. I had it washed and dressed as if it were a civilized person. What a hilarious sight! Those beasts really disike wate, so the washig process was quite a spectacle. Unfortunately, the process exposed several deficiencies spoiling the impression of my game: it resembles a cat TOO much. All that shedding fur and the smell! I should consider doing something about it. For now I have ordered that she be bathed every day. regretably, it got used to water after a few months.
Darn those butchers from Faculty of Chirurgeons in cloudrest" They are completely useless, all of them. To fully eliminate fur from body, to get rid of feral aroma - no bloody way! Just tiny muzzle changes, and even that, only with an obligate pain relief. An obligate one, pardon me? Inadmissible!
Patience. I have burrowed in our family archives and finally stumbled upon volume 6 of grand-uncle Erancar's writings about some tests concerning the appearance shiftimg of subjects. This was no mere face sculpting, but full-scale deep body changes, including race and sex alteration. To my greatest sorrow, either the effect was short lasting, or the alterations appeared to be substantially muddled, and the final results were virtually unpredicatable. A condideable portion of the test subjects lost their lives during the ritual due to pain and shock accompanying the alteration. I am determined to linger for now.
To begin, I decided to test the depth of its affection towards its kinsfolk. It is said that Khajiits are paramount individualists, even egoists, but even my preliminary observations disprove it. M'rissi apparantly cares for its little kinsfolk and tries to defend them. Well, soon I'll test the limits of these feelings.
Three weeks in a row I've been gaining the test subject's confidence. I waemly responded to its questions, explaining that I have no connection to the extermination of its clan and the deaths of its relatives. I've taught it some basic manners, and as a reward, I have allowed it a few brief visits to its little kinsfolf who were contained in an isolated outhouse.
Those visits do a great deal to draw my playthings together, as they are allowed no other methods of communication. The little male and female Khajiit whelps are housed separately, and M'rissi is permitted to speak only to me. That favors the growth of trust between me and the test subject. Although popular wisdom asserts that Kjajiit are excessively self-reliant, they do suffer from loneliness and it eagely welcomes my company.
Having determined and set the initial conditions, I am finally able to start the real amusement. It is essential for M'rissi to keep seeing me as a trusted person at least, if not a friendly one. This means someone else must perform all the unpleasant tasks, not me. Good thing there's no reason for that someone to be real! That's how my virtual brother Bariel was born. His name itself should become a synonym of terror, pain, and suffering for the test subject.
I began to mention Bariel while talking to M'rissi. He's a really atrocious person and alas, he's my elder and far more powerful than I! The entertainment begins slowly - I often barely hold laughter inside, and I constantly have to hide my smile. I do enjoy the playing as I tremble before M'rissi while pretending to hear Bariel's footsteps or voice, as if I'm concerned about him coming in. That funny feline thing even tries to console me! Oh, amusement!
Finally, my virtual brother has become a very realistic threat to the test subject. At least as realistic as I need him to be.
Today I rushed to M'rissi in great hurry. "Come on, oh please, my brother's going insane, he wishes to kill your siblings! We should stop him, hurry up, will you!" Surprisingly, it stood up and followed me at once - I guess it understood the need for urgency. We ran up to my thoroughly prepared stage: the lesser mansion stateroom.
The furniture was removed, and a brightly highlighted door was clearly seen against the darkened walls. "I don't know why, but he always leaves a chance for his prey, you can save them, I'm sure!" Gruesome laughter rang out from the chamber balcony. "It's him, it's him!" I cried.
Oh, I admist I've overeatcted a bit, but the Khajiit in general are not the brightest minds of Nirn, and this one was in a very unsusual situation. "The door, the door over there! You still can save them, hurry up! I cannot help you, he'd kill me, but you may have some chance, so please, please run for their lives!"
M'rissi loitered in indecision for a moment only. Dashed for the door, opened it. The passage behind the door was long, long, very long - illusions are my only weakness. The subject ran, but the colossus dogs had already been released as soon as the door opened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 4:27 am

There was a third small physical torture chamber after the passage where its little kinsfolk were stunned and put in the opposite corners. The dogs, two viscious wolfhounds, were restrained by magic shields. Eager for the helpless prey, the hounds growled and scratched at the floor with their claws. The effect of the stun was just starting to wear off of the little brats.
The tiny feline whining they made seemed to enlived the test subject, and for a blink, I believed it just didn't hear the dogs' terrifying growl. At last, the moment I'd planned for so long! M'rissi ran out of the passage into a small chamber about two-dozen yards from one wall to the other. Each of the little brats was situated dozen of yards away from the test subject, each faced by a huge slavering dog, currently battering against the weakining magic shield. It took me some time to build up an appropriate hunger for living Khajiit flesh in those beasts, but now it was worth it. Here was the climax; here was the moment of truth! M'rissi doesn't know, that I have covered her with a stronger shield to block her scent so the dogs won't lay a claw on it.
Which one of the siblings? Brother or sister? The dogs are obviously making their way through the shields, and M'rissi has to make a choice, and make it now. Well, the first move for every creature with even the smalles wit in such a situation would be to run for its life, but even if it tries to save someone, it'll only be able to save ONE. It has to make a choice: who lives, and who poignantly dies.
Ah, that really exceeded all of my expectations! I'm still feeling a delightful shiver running through my body, just remembering that precious moment.
Blink, It freezes still. Blink. Stares to the right. Blink. To the left. Time stopped - the sudden understanding blooms and I see its pupils widen. I didn't believe they could widen any further! M'rissi lingers one more moment, perhaps hoping to wake from the nightmare, perhaps waiting to be awakened from the nightmare.
Suddenly, it dashes for the male whelp. Hah! The choice has been made! I almost feel it keeping the pain inside, gritting its teeth: now it's time to act; time for sorrow and self-punishment will come later.
The shields are off. Both dogs immediately rush for the corner where the female whelp is crying in horror. I'm keeping them at bay. Well, just holding them back for a little to stretch out this noteworthy scene, to make it last. The prey begins to yell at the top of its lungs. The screams are filled with terror - I guess, the Khajits are indeed too close to animals. Each time I hear that yelling it reminds me how real cats cry when being squashed or skinned. Anyway, the dogs start to tear the prey apart, and without my intervention, it'd be dead in just a blink. But here I am, staging the scene from my observation roo,, and the terrible screaming doesn't stop for even a moment, until-
At last, the moment I've been waiting for! M'rissi loses itself and, pushing the saved male whelp aside, dashes for the hopeless female prey to help. It doesn't know that all its efforts are in vain. The little Khajiit bitch was being kept alive by my good will, well, keen will, at least - and the moment M'rissi moved from its male sibling, I stopped pumping life energy into the female one. The body falls to the cold stone at her feet with impeccable timing, at almost the exact moment that she reaches it.
As ruthless and rage-filled as a purblood Dremora lord, M'rissi pounces upon one of the dogs. Khajiit claws and fangs might be a tough weapon, and the poor loyal wolfhound feels it badly right now, however, rage dims feline vision, and the test subject just loses sight of the other dog, who immediately changes his aim and rushes for the just 'saved' male whelp. M'rissi's brother clings fast into its corner and cries. The test subject at once realizes its mistake, and the horror of this realization freezes it in place.
Astounding! The Khajiit who had almost seemed paralyzed with shock and terror, breaks her self-cast spell and dashes for its male sibling, perhaps already knowing it's too late to save the whelp. I'm absolitely sure it realizes the futility of its actions. Nevertheless, the second noble wolfhound is torn in two by its desperate, feline attack.
Then comes silence, except for M'rissi, panting for breath - the sound is almost as loud as a sea squall. It slowly looks around - the eyes become empty - it collapses.
At long last! That was splendid! Even now, a great exitement fills me inside and almost spills over. Such bright prospects! Ah, to Oblivion with prospects; such an unwitnessed pleasure! To create all that situation, to place the actors on their destine spots, and to pull the wires, making them move with just a single purpose - to bring me that unprecedented delight! Making love?! Who cares about sex while having such a power in her possession! The power of making this naive feline female do ANYTHING; absolute power, an irrepressible rejoicing after all those years of boredom and daily routine.
I definitely want more. I need more. More! MORE!
For two whole days I kept M'rissi submerge in a healing sleep. Not because of its wounds (it had none) or mental injuries (I couldn't care less about them). It was I who really needed some time to recover - and to mull over my future plans. I suppose that's exactly the feelings Anuiel had right after creating Sithis! Feelings literally unmatched. Which means even more amusement awaiting ahead!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 4:28 am

It woke up; time to raise the curtain for the second act. Putting on the saddest possible expression, I knocked on M'rissi's door (I should, after all, demonstrate the manners I've taught it myself) and entered the room, not waiting for an answer (but I also should clearly show who the master is). The test subject was sitting on its bed with vacuous eyes, hands enbracing its knees. A pleasant sight. Not a single movement in my direction. Behave yourself before your lady, you little stinker!
"M'rissi, my dearest M'rissi, I'm so sorry about all those horrible things! Can you hear me? I so pity your poor little sister, but you can be proud of yourself, you are a good girl! If it were not for you, your little brother would also be dead now!"
And I got exactly the reactio I had been waiting for. Some kind of inner light started to show through its pupils. An empty shell that was sitting on the bed a moment ago began to fill with life. The same life that caught my eye several long weeks ago.
"My brother! Is he alive?" Such a subdued, timid voice! I swear I'm close to sensual climax once again. "M'rissi was sure he's no more."
"He's badly injured, and he lost plenty of blood, but he hasn't gone to his last home yet. And that's because of you! Even my atrocious brother is enraptured by your bravery. Now no one will do any aharm to your little brother. I'm sad to say, though, the wounds are too deep to heal themselves. I might need your aid to help him recover."
"M'rissi jumped up at once. "She's ready!" I began to explain. "Well, we'll have to conduct a very special ritual; very, very special and extremely dangerous. Dangerous for you! I'll try to channel some part of your vital energy to your brother." "Please, she humbly begs you, Mistress, do everything it take, she's ready for anything!"
It prostated itself before me and burst into tears. I reminded myself about pretending to be its big sister and raised the sobbing thing, pressing it against my breats. Well, against my abdomen, to be more precise. By the gods, look at this stature difference! That's a genuine mother-and-child stage! Am I not a genious?
"Yes, my dearest M'rissi, I can do it, but you will suffer. You see, the ritual is very painful, and that's not all... you'll change. Your face, your body will be changed forever, so much so that even your kinsfolk won't accept you aymore. You'll becme a stranger to them. They'll think you're a spy." "M'rissi doesn't care! Please, Mistress, be so kind, save him, save her brother!"
I've managed to update the ritual. To make test subject's prospect of death considerably lowered - to the point where I felt confident enough to venture my plaything and made it a little more pleasant.
I took M'rissi into a small room with a curtained off area in the corner; I had prepared a second operating theatre for this. Upon entering the room, it looked at the corner and then back at me, hopefully. "Yes, you are right, your brother is there, but you'd better not look at the poor thing right now. He's wrapped up for better treatment, so..." It nodded, satisfied with my explanation. I made it lie down on the stone platform, the tied its arms and legs, almost trembling with impatience. Actually, it would have been simple for me to soothe the transformation pain, but for the sake of deepening my own pleasure, I let it be.
"M'rissi, you must endure if you want your brother to walk again." It just clenched its teeth in response. splendid.
I extinguished the lights, leaving but a small lamp to highlight the platform holding the test subject. Then I performed several sophisticated passes accompanied by the long incantation, which had not been heard under Nirn's sun or moons for centuries. (The formula with the full experimental protocol is written in my 7th Grimoire, part 16) Powers were called, and energy flows surrounded the feline body. M'rissi arched its back abruptly and screamed. Oh, the pain! Shifting joints, rescaling bones, rendering tissues! That should be unbearable in any circumstances, but for the test subject the pain lasted and lasted - all for my insatiable pleasure. Just to make it last, I had altered M'rissi's sense of time with another spell, so for it theprocess was insufferably slow. All according to my calculations.
Screams are replaced by hoarse groans. Blood drips from the bitten lips and tongue - a very fetching shade. Eyeballs nearly popped out. But it endures. I could bet it really believes it can't allow itself to give up, to retreat into the merciful oblivion of unconsciousness, simply because the male whelp's life depends on it. It goes on struggling. such a strong will for such a pitiful creature! The test subject's joints crackled while breaking out. Note to self:I should fix the limbs better next time. But the ritual was already coming to an end, and eventually it managed to endure it all.

The exitus probability in the final stage still was up to 30%, and I lowered it significantly with three proficient healing spells. Now the test subject needs a bit of rest to fully recover. The entity should accept its new form. Well, let's take a break: a week should be enough. It took exactly seven full days for the test subject to recover, and when I was informed that it had come to its senses, I immediately rushed to its bed.I entered the room and stood stock-still, admiring the frits of mt efforts. The result has surpassed all my most ardent expectations. The mongrel retained the unique Khajiit fetures, by which I mean the tail and feline ears, but in all other ways it has become extremely close to Mer. Much more so than even that Ohmes breed! Note to self: update the spell to change Mer into a lesser race, a possible way to get rid on an unwanted rival without traditional liqudation.
I'd even say it became rather cute. The chances are, after coming of afe, it won't be an exaggeration to call it... well, beautiful. Or should I write 'she' from now on? No, I don't think so. A beast is a beast, even after some body alteration... Anyways, even the soft, short fur covering almost all of its body doesn't cause me disgust, as it always used to. This body - My body in so many ways - was dainty and savory. For a blink, I even thought of... well... I'm not sure. Anyway, I have every reason to be proud of myself, as always. Congratulations, me!
M'rissi dashed to me with a cute, impatient and ingratiating look on its face. "It worked well? Worked well? Please, kind Mistress, have you succeeded?" "Of course I succeeded, my child! Everything went even better than I'd expected!" In her joy, the test subject threw itself upon my legs, thanking me effusively.
It was an iffeable pleasure to put my arms around M'rissi's shoulders, to look deeply into the tear-stained eyes, to lift its slight body up to its feet. And the smell! Or should I say - the aroma? It smelled much better than those dirty Khajiits. It was just another species now. I had unleashed all of Oblivion onto its head, and it was so grateful. Hilarious! It was enought to make a cat laugh!
The test subject miserably asked to see its 'recovering brother', but I flatly refused. I explained that the 'brother' need to recuperate and should not be disturbed. By the way, M'rissi itself was in a great need of further rest, and fine-tuning. The final stage hasn't even begun yet.
I went on with M'rissi's training. I've prepared a genuine little lady for my long-awaited event - and the final act of my precious play. M'rissi looked magnificent clad in a tightly fitting dress, made of rare, thin fabric, which magically changed colour at a slow pace, from dusky hysgine to pale lilac.
I've invited guests from all the Dominion, representing all the highest ranks of noble Altmeri society, though not as many as to diminish the intimacy of the event. So much to do, so little time!
At long last, the guest were all gathered in the mansion, and the night began. After a ceremonial dinner, everyone was ready to take delight in the main course, and I wouldn't make them wait for too long.
One of my personal guards helped M'rissi not to trip over her long skirts as she descended the stais. Together they produced a marvelous impression: a delicate, slender girl - well, almost a girl - hanging on the arm of a seven-foot-tall virile-looking fighter clad in full armour, with a scarred and manly face under his nasal helmet. The audience looks all over them with curiosity and surprise. Time for me to go on stage!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 4:29 am

That was a night of my triumph. Again.
"Please allow me to introduce you to my protege, young M'rissi, the Khajiit. I suppose you've noticed several minor details that differentiate it from other specimens of its kin. Also, I would like to humbly draw your attention to this very affecting moment. Soon we all will have the delight of seeing a family reunion; a younger brother finally reunited with the elder sister! The male Khajiit whelp was literally stopped at death's door, by the precious collaboration of myself and this young, brave heart! Bitten and almost torn apart by brutal wolfhounds, that whelp was finally brought back to life, only with the active participation of its older sister. And now, ladies and gentlemer, we will all witnes this exiting reunion!"
That was a moment worth waiting for. M'rissi's face changed dramatically; it was radiant with hope and a sweetly timid happiness - in a remarkable contrast to the long pompous faces of the guests, I must admit. During my exalted speech, I caught not a few uncomprehended looks from the audience. Good for me; I have quite a reputation amongst the highest ranks of the Dominion, so my guests were both curious and cautious enough to let me reach the end of this ridiculous speech, and while they looked a bit perplexed, they definitely did not seem disappointed.
Finally, trumpets blared. Two guards brought in a carved wooden screen, placing it before a small door at M'rissi's right side. One more blare, much louder this time, and the door behind the screen was opened.
"M'rissi, my dearest, at long last embrace your beloved brother!"
The test subject ran to the door in a hurry. I nodded, and the screen was removed at once. Scream... well, I could swear there WAS a shuddering scream, but I can't recall it clearly. Too high-pitched, maybe? The audience was also deafened a bit, but in a moment, the guests got the cream of the joke and, to my great pleasure, found it to be witty enough.
Several dozen guests began to laugh. The Highborn are always discreet; as is demanded by both our nature and our decency. But this time the audience was not able to hold back, nor did they want to.
M'rissi had dropped down on its knees and frozen in place.
Of course, the little brat was dead. The thing M'rissi had just been about to embrace contained, well, a significant part of that male Khajiit whelp, as well as a pair of its smaller sister's limbs for that bit of etra flair. Risen undead, with the mouth sewn shut, but it still contained a tiny sparkle of what it was while living. I suppose the thing recognized M'rissi somehow, because it tried to crawl up to it - only managing to drag itself a little bit closer.
Swaddled in its white veil, trembling, mumbling quietly, the thing was unforgettable. The only reproof I can have for myself - the putrid smell was too strong. Too much time had elapsed since the previous act of my play, and no incence could possibly soothe that stench.
Nevertheless, everyone was admiring the thing, paying no mind to M'rissi - including me and, sadly, the guards. Note to self: To think of an appropriate punishment for the guards as soon as I finish these writings today. Anyway, the ungrateful creature suddenly shook off her numbness, ran up to the closest guard, snatched a shortsword out of his scabbard, and decapitated the wretched creation of mine in a flash. I almost caught the risen brat's eye, which was looking at M'rissi with something that could even be called gratitude - if I didn't know for sure that the dead are never grateful to the living. Deep in thse thoughts, I raised my own eyes - just to see the furious little skunk rushing for me, pointing the sword's tip at my throat.
Alas, brave, brave werekhajiit, the guards have finally come to their senses and caught you almost in mid-air. The guests, to my great relief, went on laughing and apparently considered this all to be a vital part of the show. Well, I have no intention of disappointing them.
The test subject thrashed, twisted, and clawed in an attempt to escape the guards' clutches, but both its strength and will eventually failed it. It hung limply in their arms, having dropped the sword, and just stared at the fetid pile of bones, flesh, and cloth - the last remains of its family. Well, this night was a defnite success!
Since then, M'rissi has ceased to talk, eat, drink, and even sleep as far as I can tell. But the plaything I've constructed was too marvelous to just get rid of after a singlr event! No way am I going to lose her!
It was not a great deal of trouble to find a remedy - for a mage as great as myself, I mean. The Sarcophagus incantation is a superb tool to erase someone's memory, so I pit the test subject under the spell. I have so many plans for it!
The spell was cast successfully, but to my great surprise, some scraps of the erased memory were still left in M'rissi's mind. Those scraps apparently tormented it, restrained its temperament from being as vivid and cheerful as it had been before the event. The test subject became a pitiful copy of itself. Not good.
I should consider moving to a new place. Somewhere completely different than the Summerset area. Need to test excessice cold treatment, so that gods-forsaken Skyrim may be worth a try.
Not one of those stinking beasts deserves to live! No! Single! One! Except the one I have already transformed to my amusement and glory, of course.
Damn, I'm still infuriated. There was an old Khajiit female slave in the mansion, and I decided to use her to cheer up M'rissi a bit. Keeping in mind another amusement scheme, of course. I worked out an escape plan - just to let M'rissi feel a little freedom, just enough to light her fire up again.
So I wrote a letter and put some travelling junk in a satchel. I didn't want M'rissi to walk to far from me; I just wanted to inspire it a bit. I surely didn't intend to let the test subject roam around the mansion absolutely free, so I ordered my assistant to work out an exclusive spell revealing M'rissi's location at any time. (Note: 7th Grimoire enclosure.)
By the way, who could think that a guard called up to be punished because of his sluggishness would show such an, erm, talent revealing both his intellect and endurance? Note to self: should pay more attention to those close to me. Even looking ignoble, they might become quite useful. In so many ways.
The old Khajiit hag should have passed the letter to M'rissi. I had no doubt the test subject would gladly take the chance to escape from its hateful surroundings. But the old rotter dared to spoil everything. Everything!
It felt sorry for 'the little mälady,' curse it! It substituted my satchel for another one, wrote another letter, and let the test subject escape for real! The day before the tracking spell was ready!
The plan blew up in my face, and I will have a very, very long time in the cellar with the cursed old hag. The ritual of casting an exclusive location spell requires the test subject to be present on the platform itself, and without M'rissi around, I can use only her scant belongings - thus making the spell very loose and inaccurate.
At leat my assistant shows some brightness and gets as much information from the spell as possible. Reconnaisance parties are already casing the area; sooner or later, M'rissi will be mine again.
Oh, the moment I've so long awaited. I have the whole of Oblivion to show you, my 'little m'lady.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 4:31 am

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621214633-1

"You're back! Now she will know who she is, at last!" M'rissi said. "I have a bit of good news and bad news," Aster said. "Give her the bad news first! No, the good! Good! Definitely she wants to hear the good news first!" "The good news is I found the codeword." "Hurrew! she gets to know her past and who she is! Oh how she has longed for the day since she remembered that she didn't remember!" M'rissi said. "And the bad news is-" "Do not ruin her day with your bad news! It can wait until after she is herself again! Then no more talking, no? Hurry up with the mage!" "Yes, everything's ready. Are you?" Aster said. "I am indeed. I just need the password," Riane said. "Mercy." "Not a vert well known concept to the Aldmeri. I suppose she chose it so nobody would ever guess. Alright, let's head up to the roof where we won't be disturbed."

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621214928-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621214953-1

"M'rissi! Can you hear me? Are you okay?" Aster said. "Of course she can hear you. Don't you see her beautiful fluffy ears? But... she does not remember still," she said. "Nine give me strength... You're not going to be able to." "What? What do you mean she cannot remember? She must!" "I had to lie to protect you. You wouldn't listen!" he said. "You... You lied!? The word was wrong, and now her memories are gone?! How could you do that to her? She thought you cared for her! She believed you!" "I do! You're very special to me! That's why I protected you!" "She doesn't need protection! She can make her own decisions! she has decided that she never wants to see you again! Take back your things and leave her alone, you! T-traitor!" M'rissi said. "Don't go chasing her just yet. It'll just make things worse. She needs time to calm down and think about things, but she'll be back. But now I have to ask, was her past really so horrible you had to lie?" Riane said. "Some secrets are better left forgotten, Riane." "That's not gonna fly. I just unwittingly destroyed that young girl's life and it's your fault. You're gonna tell me." "My son did the right thing," I said. "This journal contains all the horridness inflicted upon her," I continued and handed it over to the mage. "... This is... How could anyone..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 4:35 am

"Oh, nine! It's her! Hurry, to the courtyard!" Riane said.

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621215328-1

"You really must be something special if you're able to escape my trap. I'd have liked to use you as one of my toys, but I see now you're far to troublesome to allow you to continue breathing. A shame, really," Isael said.

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621215406-1

"Take it easy, you're not healed yet. I wasn't able to do as much as I would've liked," Riane said. "Ugh... I feel like every bone in my body is being gnawed on by cave trolls," Aster moaned. "Can't say I'm surprised. I haven't seen offensive magic that strong before." "Did M'rissi get away?" "No, she didn't. Isael and her guards took her away. I don't know where," Riame said. "I can't just give up." "You'll need a lead. Running around blind will only waste time." "I think I have one. Look at this note. There's something weird about it," Aster said. "This feels like a trap, but I don't have any other ideas." "Then that's where I'd start. Yoy should be all healed up now, but be careful anyway," she said.

Well it's about time. I was starting to wonder if you were ever going to show up for our little meeting," Ulquarion said. "You were hunting M'rissi in Riverwood on Isael's behalf. What reason have you given me to trust you?" Aster said. "Well we could start with saving you from Isael, or maybe delaying her long enough for you to reach the college when you decided not to heed my advice. Or perhaps because I'm standing perfectly peacefully with one who is supposed to be my enemy but is instead helping me to defeat Isael?" "You raise good points, but I remain wary." "You'd be foolish otherwise. Now then, on to business. Isael has taken the cat to her fortress in the Thalmor Embassy. It'll be difficult to break into, but not impossible," Ulquarion said. "Don't you worry about difficult. It's what we do best," the Commander said. "Indeed. Now, if my guess is right, I'd say she's in her private rooms, using her personal torture chamber. Though for what, I really can't say. It's obvious, we need to do this without your involvement being known." "I can send a few of my finest ahead to thin out their ranks a bit and open up a path. Once Isael is distracted, we can deal with the rest of the Thalmor on guard throughout the building. Just don't forget, you will be dealing with probably the most powerful mage in Skyrim. Even one with your... capabilities would need assistance. Take and use what we've prepared for you. And don't waste time, those torture chambers are called so for a reason." "I don't think youll need to worry. Isael likes to take time with her pets," Ulquarion said. "So what do you think? Ca you handle this? Or do you have some better ideas?" the Commander said. "Don't worry about me. If Isael needs to die for M'rissi to be safe, I'll make sure it happens," Aster said. "We'll only get one chance to do something like this, so I need you to keep your head away from the Khajiit's tail until we can finish off Isael. What you do after that's up to you," the Commander said. "Then it is settled. Good luck. You're going to ned it. As well as this trinket. Don't forget to put it on or Isael would easily catch you once again," Ulquarion said.

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621215959-1

We found ourselves outside the Embassy in the middle of the night. Cold winds whipped up the snow beneath our feet, shrouding us in an icy mist. Not far from us lied the gate, flanked by guards in golden armour, making them easy to spot in the moonlight. The black armour of the special forces wasn't nearly as visible until it was far too late. The guards fell quickly, and we rushed inside, barring the door behind us to prevent any attacks from behind.

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621220427-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621220542-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 4:40 am

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621220624-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621220812-1

"Such an amusing unexpectedness! I mean, imagine my surprise when the bug I crushed beneath my heel not only began to walk again, but came to confront me. Truly a foolish insect. Or is it instinctive behavior? Perhaps you have somehow attached to that little feline?" Isael said. "Your reign of terror is done, you irredeebable witch!" Aster said. "Oh dear, whatever shall I do! The mighty force of justice has come to put an end to my wicked ways! Worry not, I already have a brilliant idea how to make use of your body."
Isael spoke with confidence and arrogance. Her posture quickly changed to surprise, then to fear, when her spell didn't take...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621220923-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621221005-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621221858-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621222031-1

Aster led the search for M'rissi...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621222131-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621222215-1

"M'ri! Oh Nine, I was worried!" Aster said. M'rissi stared at him with joy filled eyes. He removed her collar. She coughed. "Ah... hah... you... she hoped so much!" M'rissi said. Aster broke her shackles. "Hold on a second!" he said. "You came! She knew you would come save her! She knew!" "Of course I did. I could never leave you like that." "That awful woman! She doesn't remember her name and what she did but she knows it was bad and she hurt her! Her past is gone from her, but she remembers enough to know that she doesn't want to remember. Oh, that vile elfess, where is she?! We need to run!" M'rissi said. "We killed her, and I'm glad you're safe." M'rissi shivered. "Oh, what a relief. Whew. Now she just wanst to leave this place," she said. "Now with Isael's death, your past won't haunt you anymore," Aster said. "Her past... is gone. But she knows that she doesn't want it back. It is nothing but pain and sorrow and suffering. She can be whoever she chooses to be instead of what pain made her. And she thinks she prefers it that way. And...wait a bit more. She... she wants t-to thank you. She accepts everything you've done for her, and everything you had to overcome when... when making that decision. She realizes now, that the trickery you've made - it was not an easy task... And s-she says... She feels sorry for the cruel words she said to you then. B-but don't get any weird ideas, will you? She's just being polite and friendly! Now let's finally leave this place, yes? Oh! Don't forget to free the other one! She was trapped just like M'rissi."

https://ibb.co/F5tVk7v

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 4:42 am

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621222843-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621223000-1

Aster recognized the Khajiit woman from before. She wasn't responding. He took a closer look. It seemed she's just unconscious. We soon brought her to consciousness and released her.
"This one thanks you. She wasn't sure rescue would come. But she dared to hope," S'ahara said. "I had no way of knowing you were here. I'd have come sooner if I did," Aster said. "You are not a mind reader, she supposes. But it is very good that you came, whatever the reason. Is the kitten alright?" "She's okay now. Hungry, but we'll fix that. You should be able to walk now." "Praise the Nine! If the kitten is well, then all will be well in time. Come, we must leave this place," she said. "Follow me, I'll lead us to safety," he said. "This one will follow your footsteps."

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621223223-1

"Good job. I knew you'd get it done. Ulquarion is going to take over as the head Justicar in Skyrim as our agent, and Isael's death is going to be played out as a Thalmors political assassination. The peace treaty with the Thalmor won't last forever, and we did good here today," the Commander said. "Spilling her blood was a pleasure, not a duty," Aster said. "Whatever gets the job done, I suppose." "Would you mind telling me who you are now?" "Part of the Imperial Legion, obviously. For a delicate touch, if it's needed. The importance of your life was taken into account. We may work together again in the future. Good luck, you'll need it. Now we should leave. Are you ready?" the Commander said. "Let's leave." "Oh, almost forgot. We've traced a group of Khajiit from Elsweyr nearby.Let me see your map... Here. Maybe something you want to look into."

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621223443-1

"That's it, you're free now. The Thalmor won't threaten you any longer," Aster said. "Khajiit is most thankful. she understands it could be arrogant, but dares to ask a favor. Would you allow this one to see Kitten from time to time?" S'ahara said. "I'm not against it, don't worry. I just wonder, why? Who are you actually?" "Fair question, she didn't have a chance to tell. For many years this one was a servant of M'rissi's family. A close one. She remembers when M'rissi was born, she looked after her. Then elves brought misery upon us... This one was among others, alive but taken to Summerset Isles to serve. Tried to keep the rest of the family together. We tried not to draw attention... Sorry, it's painful to remember..." she said. "I know the rest. It's over now." "Now this one is... forgotten. And M'rissi is the only one left." "I have a better idea. You don't seem to have a place to go, so what if I offer you a job in my home?" Aster said. "As a housekeeper? This one has experience doing this! she can cook and clean. She gladly accepts your generous offer!" "And you can see M'rissi when we're at home. Come with us." "You won't be disappointed!" S'ahara said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 4:48 am

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180621223908-1

"Here we are. Welcome to my home," Aster said. "Once again this one thanks you for the opportunity. she will settle here," S'ahara said. "So this city is home to the thieves? Wait... where is her gold?" M'rissi hissed.

https://ibb.co/RQHyczp

We didn't stay long in Riften. My son and M'rissi made us company back to Lakeview...

https://ibb.co/myfD465                                                                                          https://ibb.co/Yk75tVf

... where Vilja and I could spend some time alone...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180623215433-1

... Before I set off to Riverwood for my meeting with Delphine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 4:54 am

"I don't think you were followed. Come on. I have a plan. I've figured out how we're going to get into the Thalmor Embassy," Delphine said. "That didn't take long," I said. "I've been doing this a long tome, remember? While the Thlamor's been looking for me, I've been watching them." "So what's the plan? How do I infiltrate the Thalmor Embassy?" "The Thalmor ambassador, Elenwen, regularly throws parties where the rich and connected cozy up to the Thalmor. I can get you into one of those parties. Once you're inside the Embassy, you can get away and find Elenwen's secret files. I have a contact inside the Embassy. He's not up for thos kind of high-risk mission, but he can help you. His name is Malborn. Wood elf, plenty of reason to hate the Thalmor. You can trust him. I'll get word for him to meet you in Solitude, at the Winking Skeever -- you know it? While you're doing that, I'll be working on getting you an invitation to Elenwen's little party. Meet me at the Solitude stables after you've arranged things with Malborn. Any questions?" she said. "Once I'm inside the Embassy, then what?" "That's when the fun starts. You'll have to slip away from the party without raising the alarm. Then you'll need to find Elenwen's office and search her files. Malborn should be able to pint you in the right direction." "I'll see you in Solitude after I meet Malborn," I said. "Sounds good. Be careful."

I made no rush to get to Solitude though. I had more... domestic matters on my mind...

https://ibb.co/qk3n1pV                                                                                               https://ibb.co/cJb3QPc

Vilja had told me she wanted another child. We worked on it like rabbits...

Meanwhile... 

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180624085615-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180624085635-1

"I was told I'd find a group of Khajiit here," Aster said. "Ah, here you are at last. This one has been waiting for you. This one knows of those you speak of. This one was able to communicate with them as they passed neaby. They are searching for the ring you carry. Its importance to the Khajiit cannot be known to one who does not walk the dunes of Elsweyr. But now, you must talk to the kitten. It may be the last time you do," the Lorekeeper's ghost said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 5:04 am

M'rissi was swishing her tail anxiously. "What's on your mind?" Aster asked. "She... She's scared. She doesn't know what to expect. She wants to stay, but she would also like to see her homeland..." "I'll leave it up to you, M'rissi. Do whatever you think is best." "She wishes she had more time to decide..." she said.

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180624085911-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180624085928-1

"Ah, here is the one we were told of. You have the ring, yes?" the search party leader said. "I do," Aster replied. "And the daughter of Ra'Sadir." "The decision is hers, whether she wants to stay or go." "Between you and I... Ra'Sadir is not popular in our homeland for his actions. That with her new appearance may make her time there miserable. In truth, this one only needs the ring," the search party leader whispered. "You can't just tell her that. You'll crush her heart," Aster whispered back. "Then what would you have this one do?" "Take her with you, but speak of your homeland negatively. Skyrim is better, hmm? I mean no offense. Please, do it for the kitten." "This one understands," he said. The serch party leader raised his voice and spoke, "Come kitten, we must retyrn to the barren sands of Elsweyr. This one only wishes it were as nice as the tall trees and plentiful game in Skyrim." "So that's that. She will never return to her homeland," M'rissi said. "Never say never. You can't know what the future holds," Aster said. "But they were the only ones that knew the way! She cannot recall the way, and even if she did then she would not want to travel alone for such a distance." "The Khajiit caravans should know the way." "She... may have forgotten them. But she does not want to go. Not right now," M'rissi said. "Maybe one day." "Maybe someone can come with her when she goes! She would be oh so bored without someone to take care of. Wait! Um... Those bones in the shack. She feels it's not right to let them lay around like this," M'rissi said. "I see. After all he was related to you, a clan member. at least. Let's do something for his remains," Aster said.

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180624090440-1                                                                                                                https://ibb.co/8Yj0nqg

Tindra had also expressed her wish to have a baby with Aster. He was happy to oblige and the couple weren't even bothered that S'ahara and M'rissi were in the same room...

https://ibb.co/JxT7V4J                                                                                                           https://ibb.co/z6Xjdmt

"You know how to read, right?" Aster asked. "M'rissi can do anything! And yes, she knows the meanings of letters and words. B-but don't hurry her, yes?" she said. "Well, if you can do anything I guess you don't need me to read any interesting books with you..." "What interesting somethings are you hiding from here? She wants to know! Show her!"
Aster brought forth the book. "Mreow, don't keep her waiting!" M'rissi said. 

Mixed Unit Tactics in the Five Years War Volume One By Codus Callonus
The Legions could learn from the unconventional tactics used by the Khajiit in the Five Years War against Valenwood. I was stationed at the Sphinxmoth Legion Fort on the border near Dune and witnessed many of the northern skirmishes firsthand.
The war started with the so-called "Slaughter of Torval." The Khajiit claim that the Bosmer invaded the city without provocation and killed over a thousand citizens before being driven off by reinforcements from a nearby jungle tribe. The Bosmer claim that the attack was in retaliation for Khajiti bandits who were attacking wood caravans headed for Valenwood.
In the spring of 3E 396 the war moved closer to Fort Sphinxmoth. I was posted on lookout and saw parts of the conflict. I later spoke with both Khajiit and Bosmer who fought in the battle, and it will serve as an excellent example of how the Khajiit used a mixture of ground and tree units to win the war.
The Khajiit began the fight in an unusual way by sending tree-cutting teams of Cathay-raht and the fearsome Senche-raht or "Battlecats" into the outskirts of Valenwood's forests. When word reached the Bosmer that trees were being felled (allegedly a crime in the strange Bosmeri religion), a unit of archers were dispatched from larger conflicts in the south. The Bosmer were thus goaded into splitting their forces into smaller groups.
The Bosmer archers took up positions in the remaining trees whose branches were now twenty or more feet apart, allowing some light into the forest floor. The Bosmer bent the remaining trees with their magics into small fortifications from which to fire their bows.
When the tree-cutters arrived the next morning, a half dozen Khajiit fell to the Bosmer arrows in the first volley. After that the Khajiit took large wooden shields from the backs of the Senche-raht and made a crude shelter. The Khajiit, even the enormous Senche-raht, were able to hide between this shelter and one of the larger trees. When it became apparent that the Khajiit would not leave their shelter, some Bosmer chose to descend and engage the Khajiit sword-to-claw.
When the Bosmer were nearly upon the shelter, one of the Khajiit began playing on a native instrument of plucked metal bars. This was a signal of some kind, and a small group of the man-like Ohmes and Ohmes-raht emerged from covered holes on the forest floor. Although outnumbered, they were attacking from behind by surprise and won the ground quickly.
The Bosmer archers in the trees would have still won the battle were they not having troubles of their own. A group of Dagi and Dagi-raht, two of the less common forms of Khajiit who live in the trees of the Tenmar forest, jumped from one tree to another under a magical cover of silence. They took up positions in the higher branches that could not hold a Bosmer's weight. When the signal came, they used their claws and either torches or spells of fire (accounts from the two survivors I spoke with vary on this point) to distract the archers while the battle on the ground took place. A few of the archers were able to flee, but most were killed.
Apparently the Dagi and Dagi-raht have more magical ability than is widely believed if they were able to keep themselves magically silenced for so long. One of the surviving Bosmer told me that he saw a few ordinary cats among the Dagi and even claimed that these ordinary cats are known as 'Alfiq' and that they were the spellcasters, but Bosmer are almost as unreliable as the Khajiit when it comes to the truth, and I cannot believe that a housecat can cast spells.
At the end of the day the Khajiit lost perhaps a half-dozen fighters out a force of no more than four dozen, while the Bosmer lost nearly an entire company of archers. The survivors were unable to report back before a second company of archers arrived and this strategy was repeated again, with similar results. Finally, a much larger force was sent and the Bosmer won that battle with the help of the native animals of Valenwood. That third skirmish and the Khajiti response I will discuss in the second volume of this series.

"Ha! Now you see! She told you she's smart. Now you learned how Khajiits fouht away the Long-ears!" M'rissi said. "But you weren't there," Aster pointed out. "Don't trouble her with details! All Khajiit have sup-per-riowrity in tactics, grace, agility, speed and magics!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 5:11 am

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180628124525-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180628124629-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180628124726-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180628124801-1

"M'rissi, is everything okay? You're acting strange," Aster said. "She... has something to tell you. But you must promise you won't be mad at her!" she said. "All right, I promise." "It's just... the other day while you were shopping she saw a courier coming to you. She noticed many people send you things, and she is worried that someone might get closer to you than she is! Euh... well... like a brother or sister close... you know... not like a lover close kinda thing!! Hehe... He had another letter for you. M'rissi told him that she is your new private bodyguard and he should give the note to her... So... She read the note. Do you receive such notes all the time? Now she is worried that someone might try to trap you." "Do you have the note?" "Yes, here. But promise her to be careful!" M'rissi said.

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180628131642-1

Please forgive us for troubling you, great destroyer of dragons, but would you be kind enough to do a great good for a small village?
A monster recently appeared in the outskirts, and not a week goes by without someone from the area disappearing. Please help us! We will be in your debt.

Rorikstead. Ask Kjens.

The letter was probaly meant for me, but... Anyway. Vilja was with them at Dragonstead. It was only natural for my son to ask her to come along on this adventure...

https://ibb.co/TMpgxj4                                                                                                                      The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180628132448-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 5:18 am

It was almost what you'd be expecting. Vilja, Aster, Tindra and M'rissi got a warm welcome when they arrived in Rorikstead...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180713221316-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180713221443-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180713221540-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180713221618-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180713221729-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180713221805-1

The dragon, perched on the roof of the inn, appeared to be mocking them. Then it decided Tindra looked like a tasty munch. As the dragon swooped down and tried to bite the young woman, the village woke up. Guards joined the fray...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180713221922-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180713222012-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180713222100-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180713222131-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180713222202-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180713222234-1

With the dragon dead, the party entered the inn...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180713222530-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180713224244-1

"What is it? I'm currently waiting for someone," Kjens said. "I received your message by courier. Something about a demon?" Aster said. "Oh thank the Eight!. Firstly, thank you for coming. Welcome to Rorikstead, my home." "Your message made it sound urgent. Care to tell me about it?" "Well, we first noticed the problem when people started disappearing in the night. We would find scraps of bloody cloth, but little else on the scene of the attack. Nobody ever seen anything, even if they're able to see the person. They're there one second, and then just... gone. Up until now its only been attacking at night, but now... it's getting more bold. Any search parties we send hunting for clues ends up being killed even in broad daylight. We've tried looking for patterns in the attacks, but we can't find any. Sometimes it's months, sometimes just days," Kjens said. "Has anybody actually been able to see it?" ""Well, not as such, no. A few claim to have seen it, but even they say it's like an animal, but... wrong. Like it's cloaked in shadow." "If it's an animal, then it has to have a home. Have you tried to track it back there?" Aster said. "I'm a hunter by trade and fear no animal, but this thing has me scared. If it were just simply an animal we'd have taken care of the problem ourselves but the only explanation is that it's a demon! We've tried everything from traps and snares to offerings, but everything goes ignored. It wants blood. Our last journey out to hunt for it got us nothing but a lost man. We went back out looking for him, and found him wedhed in a narrow crevice not far from town. He was alive, but badly wounded and with his dying breath screamed about glowing eyes and dagger teeth. Demon, he shouted. Over and over again. I'm sorry, I... need a moment," Kjens said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 5:22 am

"Want to say something?" Aster said. "She thinks it's better to not be greedy and just leave, no? She's fought undeads and dragons, no need to add demons to her list!" M'rissi said. "I don't think it's a demon." "What else could it be?" "Think about what he said. Glowing eyes. Your eyes," he said. "What about her big beautiful eyes? Are you trying to offend her?!" "No, your eyes are gorgeous! But they're also feline, which means they glow in the dark." "Hehe, she remembers spooking you in the night with them. But she has nothing to do with this! Nothing!" she said. "M'rissi, I'm saying that we're dealing with a cat. A big cat, like a sabrecat. It all fits." "And she supposes you want to ignore that shivering shadow part he said and hunt it, yes?" "Yes, I do. We need to find its lair. Cats like caves, don't they?" Aster said. "A dry, deep and cosy caves, yes. Not that slimy holes with insects and blind long-ears, eww!" M'rissi winces. "Then let's see if the villagers know where to start." "She still would prefer to leave!" "I thought the great M'rissi wasn't scared of anything?" he said. "Hey! M'rissi is not scared! She just worries about your health!" she said.
Aster returned to the table and sat back next to Kjens...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180713224612-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180713225047-1

"Tell me about the attacks during the day. Anything odd about them?" Aster said. "Actually, yes. The daytime attacks only tend to occur in one area, and there's always a sign of a struggle," Kjens said. "Which means they probably got too close to its lair, since it propably wasn't a planned attack." "That makes sense. Here, I can show you where it was on your map." "How many people have you lost there?" Aster wondered. "At least three. A small child seeking out honey, a travelling alchemist seeking a herb, and the blacksmith. He was going to mine some ore for a large order." "I see. Is there anything else at all you can tell me that's odd about all that?" "Let the think... Wait! It was several months backm but an old man came into town. Horrible visage, he was covered in scars and burns the likes of which we'd never seen. He tried to seek lodging at the inn, but the innkeeper chased him out, yelling about him damaging business. So he left, cursing and mumbling about shadows. It was about a month after that the attacks started. I'd wager he had something to do with it," Kjens said. "Alright, we'll handle it. Don't worry, your villagers will be safe soon." "Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to us. Oh, and take these. The cave is quite dark, and you'll need to be able to see to fight."

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714015822-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714015932-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714015948-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714020017-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714020059-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714020128-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 5:27 am

M'rissi gasps.
"It had young! We took her mother away..." "Uhm, M'ri? It was an unfortunate necessity. Her mother was killing the townspeople," Aster said. "That does not change her mother's death! Who will feed her and take care of her and teach her to hunt! It is unfair! So very unfair!" M'rissi said. "There is nothing we can do. The past cannot be changed." "You should raise her! No! She will! she cannot trust you with such a small fragile kitten!" "M'rissi, are you feeling alright?" Aster asked. "She feels... She feels angry at you! You killed this poor kitten's mother!" "She would've killed me! Is that what you want?" "Yes! No! Ugh, her head is spinning and hurts!" M'rissi said. "Something is wrong with thi cave.

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714020215-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714020249-1

"M'rissi, are you okay?" Aster asked. "Her head is full of cobwebs and dust... What happened to her?" she said. "We went to deal with a sabercat attacking the local town..." "Don't toy with her, she knows those things already. She can see unclear pictures in her head. Like looking through those glass weapons." "We found out it had a kitten, and you insisted on taking it with you," Aster said. "So this kitten is hers?" "You insisted on it, yes. And it is the right thing to do." "She agrees completely. She could never leave such a small and adorable creature alone to die in a cave," M'rissi said. "But you should give her a name. Can't keep calling her 'her' forever." "Hmm... She thinks Lirry is a good name!" "Lirry, huh? Well she can't come adventuring with us. It's not safe," Aster said. "M'rissi will take her to the ghost's shack, and there she will raise Lirry in peace! But you have to find her food, or else she won't grow up!" "How long would that take?" "She thinks about two weeks, if you feed her regularly. Be sure to bring her lots of fishies and meats!" M'rissi said. "Anything else?" Aster wondered. "And sweets for M'rissi! Hehe! Meet her there soon!"

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714021123-1

"We've found a lair. The beast is dead," Aster said. "Welcome back! Oh, where's your friend? I hope she didn't..." Kjens said. "No, she adopted a kitten and took it back home. I just came to collect the reward." "Ah, of course. For a job well done."

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714021830-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714021847-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714021939-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714021958-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714022046-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714022212-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 5:52 am

There was a secret hatch...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714022714-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714023052-1

The water was brimming with salmon. They competed who could catch the most -- with their bare hands...
And when the fun was done they feasted on salmon and dried their clothes.

https://ibb.co/7S6Z17D

"Finally back! She was getting worried!" M'rissi said. "Hey there! How are you doing? And where is Lirry?" Aster said. "Ah, here you are! She somehow settled here, see? It's calm and quiet. Even too quiet without you. Lirry is hiding somewhere... she's afraid of you. Did you bring the food?" "Here, this should be enough for now," Aster said. "Just in time, mrew! But nxt time don't take so lomg, yes?" "I'll try. Take care." "M'rissi will be waiting for you," she said.

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714025101-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714025131-1

Aster already knew, but I was away on an errand and would not come to know until later...

https://ibb.co/1KMJ9XM

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 5:56 am

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714223129-1
The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714223618-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714223633-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714223727-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714223804-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714223927-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714224002-1
The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180714224232-1

With the dragon gone, the women could finally enjoy the hot springs...

https://ibb.co/Vxy4DV3                                                                                                           https://ibb.co/Dgbyd6P

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 6:02 am

Matthis and Idegun were elated - their two youngest daughters were both going to give them a new grandchild.

https://ibb.co/P18jvcP                                                                                                                            https://ibb.co/SwcKcg4

Meanwhile, I was travelling to High Hrothgar...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180715003028-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180715003146-1

"Ah! You've retrieved the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller. Well done. You have now passed all the trials. Come with me. It is time for us to recognize you formally as Dragonborn," Master Arngeir said.
I followed him into the main hall where the other three were waiting...
"You are ready to learn the final word of Unrelenting Force, 'Dah', which means push. With all three words together, this Shout is much more powerful. Use it wisely. Master Wulfgar will now gift you with his knowledge of 'Dah.'" Master Arngeir said.
I absorbed the knowledge as easily as ever...
"You have completed your training, Dragonborn. We would speak to you. Stand between us, and prepare yourself. Few can withstand the unbridled Voice of the Greybeards. But you are ready," Master Arngeir said.

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180715003346-1

"Lingrah krosis saraan Strundu'ul, voth nid balaan klov praan nau. Naal Thu'umu, mu ofan nii nu, Dovahkiin, naal suleyk do Kaan, naal suleyk do Shor, ahrk naal suleyk do Atmorasewuth. Meyz nu Ysmir, Dovahsebrom. Dahmaan daar rok," they said.
The ground shook as they spoke.
"Dovahkiin. You have tasted the Voice of the Greybeards, and passed through unscathed. High Hrothgar is open to you," Master Arngeir said.
It was time for me to return home. But first, I had to return the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller to its rightful resting place - and I was rewarded with a dragon soul for doing so...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180715004101-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 6:20 am

Well, well. There were certainly surprises when I retirned home... Well, not really so much. I knew the hard efforts would pay off. I just wasn't aware of Aster's and Tindra's efforts until now.

https://ibb.co/stVnKSz                                                                                                            https://ibb.co/wQzvXL0                                                                                       https://ibb.co/VQcJ83C

Mirai was also happy to see me. She was longing for my company - on adventure and in bed, of course. 

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180719200224-1

Aster asked me to come along and meet M'rissi...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180719200434-1

When I saw the young sabrecat, I knew there was something out of the ordinary with her. She grew at a similar rate to my own children - and in our family runs Corprus that makes it so. I can't rule out that this was indeed some meddling from a powerful Daedra somewhere. 
"I've been thinking... What about when she's grown? She won't be able to come with us into any cities. The guards would never allow it," Aster said. "There must be a solution! Maybe M'rissi will wait outside with Lirry. she doesn't like the cities and towns anyway," she said. "But then who will protect me when I get into trouble?" "Mrr... If only you were more capable she wouldn't have to be in this position!" "I think I have an idea. Let me see what I can do before we decide," Aster said. "She'll wait here with Lirry. Don't be so long! She gets lone- Worried! She gets worried about you getting lost!" M'rissi said.

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180719200744-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180719201908-1

"I've come to ask a favor on behalf of my companion again," Aster said. "Is it about her memory? Because there's really nothing more to be done at this point," Riane said. "No, you've done a fantastic job there. This time I need something to hide a sabrecat." "A sabrecat? Are you planning an ambush or something like that?" "Not exactly... We had to kill an enchanted sabrecat that was preying on a town," Aster said. "So... you need to hide the body?" "After we killed it we discovered it had a kitten, and M'rissi adopted it." "I see. Well, as much as I'd like to help, it's not my field. A master illusor could keep it up indefinitely, but only when they're awake and I'm sure you wouldn't want it popping back up in the middle of the night. Tends to cause chaos. But if you can manage to put a collar on it, you could enchant the object like armour. Okay! I know what needs to be done, but I must absolutely insist on payment this time since it's not life or death, and I've already done two for free. Plus materials," Riane said. "Alright, what do you need?" "I need a silver ruby ring, another ruby, and 3 bits of leather, and 800 gold." "I can do that. I'll be back as soon as I find everything," Aster said.
It didn't take very long for us to get everything together.
"Here's everything you need," Aster said. "Okay, I'll start making it then. Check in tomorrow," Riane said.

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180719202835-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180719200942-1

We spent the night at the inn and returned the next day...
"So, is it ready?" Aster wondered. "Good timing, I just finished," Riane said. "How does it work?" "The gem in this ring and on this collar are connected. Whenever the ring is activated, it pushes the collar and whatever is wearing it to the astral plane. When deactivated, it allows it to return. If you're planning to use it in battle, then the astral plane will allow it to rest and heal much more quickly than tending to it in this realm." "M'rissi will be pleased to hear that," he said. "I hope som putting an enchantment on something like that wasn't easy. But give her my best," she said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 6:27 am

"Here, put this collar on Lirry and you put on the ring," Aster said. "What is it? What wil it do? Is it safe?" M'rissi said. "Perfectly safe. All you have to do is twist the gem at the top to summon or unsummon Lirry." "And then she can go anywhere at all! She wants to try the ring! Here, Lirry! It's a shiny new collar for you! It looks so pretty!"

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180719203120-1The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180719203234-1

"Now she is ready for anything! Come on, she's gotten bored here in this little hut! She wants to go on grand adventures again!" M'rissi said. "So, about something interesting to read..." I said. "And what do you want to entertain her with?" "Here we have The Rear Guard." "She's all ears! ... Don't laugh!" M'rissi said.

The Rear Guard by Tenace Mourl
The castle would hold. No matter the forces, the walls of Cascabel Hall would never fail, but that was small consolation for Menegur. He was hungry. In fact, he had never been so hungry. The well in the atrium of the fortress supplied him with enough water to hold there until the Fourth Era, but his stomach reminded Menegur minute to minute that he needed food.
The wagonload of supplies mocked him. When his army, the forces of the King of Solitude, had left Cascabel Hall, and he had manned the battlements as the rear-guard to protect their retreat, they had left a wagon behind to supply him with enough food for months. It was not until the night after they left that he inspected the larder and found that nothing edible was in the wagon. Trunk after trunk was filled with netch armor from the army's incursion into Morrowind. Apparently his Nord confederates had assumed that the lightly opaque material was hard tack in aspic. If the Dunmer whose caravan had been raided knew about this, they would never be able to stop laughing.
Menegur thought that his fellow mercenary and kinswoman Aerin would have found this amusing as well. She had spoken with great authority about netch leather, being an expert of sorts on light armor, but she had made a point to mention that it could not be eaten like other leather in occasions of hardship. It was a pity she couldn't be there to enjoy the irony, Menegur thought savagely. She had returned to Morrowind even before the king's army had left, preferring a life as a wanted fugitive to a free existence in the cold of Skyrim.
All the weeds in the courtyard had been devoured by the rear-guard's sixteenth day manning Cascabel Hall. The entire castle had been scoured: rotten tubers in the mulch pile found and consumed, a dusty bouquet in the countess's bedchamber eaten, almost every rat and insect but the most cunning infesting the castle walls had been tracked down and gobbled up. The castellan's chambers, filled with acrid, inedible law books, had yielded up a couple crumbs of bread. Menegur had even scraped moss from the stones. There was no denying it: he would be dead from starvation before his army returned to break the ranks of the enemies who surrounded the fortress.
"The worst part," said Menegur, who had taken to talking to himself on only the second day alone in the castle. "Is how close sustenance is."
A vast arbor of golden apples stretched acre after acre near the castle walls. The sunlight cast a seductive gleam on the fruit, and the cruel wind carried sweet smells into Cascabel to torture him.
Like most Bosmer, Menegur was an archer. He was a master of long and medium distance fighting, but in close quarters, as he would be if he dared to leave the castle and enter the enemy camp in the arbor, he knew he would not last long. At some point, he knew he would have to try, but he had been dreading the day. It was upon him now.
Menegur put on the netch armor for the first time, feeling the powdery, almost velvet texture of the rendered leather against his skin. There was also a barely perceptible throb, which he recognized as the remnant nematocysts of the netch's venomous flesh, still tingling months after its death with domesticated poison. The combination made him feel energized. Aerin had described the sensation perfectly, just as she had explained how to defend himself while wearing netch leather armor.
Under cover of night, Menegur crept out of the back gate of the castle, locking it behind him with a rather cumbersome key. He made for the arbor as quietly as he could, but a passing sentry, coming behind a tree, saw him. Remaining calm, Menegur did as he remembered Aerin had instructed, only moving after the attack had been launched. The sentry's blade glided against the armor and knocked to the left, throwing the young man off balance. That was the trick, as he understood it: you had to be prepared to be hit, and merely move with the blow, allowing the membranous armor to divert the injury away.
Use your enemy's momentum against him, as Aerin used to say.
There were several more close encounters in the arbor, but each swing of an ax and each thrust of a sword found purchase elsewhere. With handfuls of apples, Menegur ran the gauntlet back to the castle. He locked the back gate door behind him and fell into an orgy of eating.
For week after week, the Bosmer stole out to gather his food. The guards began anticipating his raids, but he kept his schedule irregular and always remembered when attacked to wait for the blow, accept it, and then turn. In such a way, he lived and survived his lonely vigil in Cascabel Hall.
Four months later, as he was preparing for another seizure of apples, Menegur heard a loud clamor at the front gate. Surveying the group from a safe distance on the battlements, he saw the shields of the King of Solitude, his ally the Count of Cascabel, and their enemy the King of Farrun. Evidently, a truce had been called.
Menegur opened the gates and the combined armies flooded the courtyard. Many of the knights of Farrun sought to shake the hand of the man they had named the Shadow of the Arbor, expressing their admiration at his defensive skills and apologizing good-naturedly for their attempts to slay him. Only doing their job, you know.
"There's hardly a apple left on the vines," said the King of Solitude.
"Well, I started on the edges and worked my way in," explained Menegur. "I brought back extra fruit to tempt the rats of out of walls so I could have a little meat as well."
"We've spent the last several months working out the details of the truce," said the King. "Really quite exhausting. In any rate, the Count will be taking back possession of his castle now, but there is a small detail we need to work out. You're a mercenary, and as such responsible for your own expenses. If you had been a subject of mine, things might be different, but there are certain old rules of law that must be respected."
Menegur anticipated the strike.
"The problem is," the King continued. "You've taken a good deal of the Count's crops while here. By any reasonable computation, you've eaten an amount equal to and likely exceeding your mercenary's wages. Obviously, I would not want to penalize you for the excellent job you've done defending the castle in uncomfortable circumstances, but you agree that it's important that we observe the old rules of law, don't you?"
"Of course," replied Menegur, accepting the blow.
"I'm delighted to hear that," said the King. "Our estimation is that you owe the Count of Cascabel thirty-seven Imperial gold."
"Which I will gladly pay to myself, with interest, after the autumntide harvest," said Menegur. "There is more left on the vine than you suggest."
The Kings of Solitude and Farrun, and the Count of Cascabel stared at the Bosmer.
"We agreed to abide to the strictest old rules of law, and I've had time to read a great many books over the time you were making your truce. In 3E 246, during the reign of Uriel IV, the Imperial Council, in an attempt to clear up some questions of property rights in Skyrim during those chaotic days, decreed that any man without a liege who occupied a castle for more than three months would be granted the rights and titles of that estate. It's a good law, of course, meant to discourage absent and foreign landlords." Menegur smiled, feeling the now familiar sensation of a glancing strike diverting. "By the rule of law, I am the Count of Cascabel."
The rear-guard's son still hold the title of Count of Cascabel. And he grows the finest, most delectable apples in the Empire.

"Faugh. Apples and rats for food. But he was a brave long-ear, she thought for sure he would run away!" M'rissi said.

https://ibb.co/ZNHGhpD                                                                                                                https://ibb.co/hf24TjH

"M'rissi, we need to talk about your restlessness," I said. "What restless ness? She is perfectly fine!" she tried to wave the issue aside. "You toss and turn at night. You've kicked and clawed your sleeping bag to pieces." "It is because... she dreams of tasty foods and thinks her bag is a delicious steak!" "That doesn't explain your terrified screams and cries," I said. "Um... Would you not be intimidated by such a huge steak?" "M'rissi." "Then it's because you always give her a rock hard bed! And she's fighting and..." M'rissi sighed. She continued in a silent tone, looking aside. "It's all lies. Ever since she went to that awful college she has such terrible dreams. She knows dreams can't hurt, but she can't do anything about it, they just keep coming for her almost every night. She can't remember them clearly, only the desperation and fear, as if someone close to her is tortured and she can't do anything! She feels sorrow and fury and pain and she cannot think!" "That's horrible, M'rissi," I said. "And now you think she is eak because she cannot handle her own mind!" "Well, no... It's a little deeper than just a nightmare." "Deeper? Wait, you mean her memories, yes? She wants to not remember! She wants to be herself as she is now, and not anything else!" M'rissi said. "But you'd be yourself no matter what, wouldn't you?" "No, she would not. If she remembered such an awful past, she would be scared of her own shadow and do nothing but hide all day!" "I see. Well, I think I have an idea," I said. "Well don
't just walk away! Tell her your idea!" M'rissi said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 6:31 am

https://ibb.co/QcRpXwN

We made the journey to the College of Winterhold...

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180719222527-1

"Hello..." I said. "Back again, I see. Can't seem to stay away after all," Riane laughs when she sees M'rissi. "M'rissi is having some terrible nightmares about her past." "Really? How odd. I was certain they'd be destroyed forever. That's the power of will, I suppose. But what do you want me to do about it? I've done all I can with mnemonic magics." "Are you sure there's nothing you can do?" I said. "I'm sorry. but- No! Wait! There may be something! I need to go to the library. Wait for me here," Riane said.
Some time later...
"This spell is deceptive. It seems simple, but there's a ton going on that you'll never see from the outside. Basically, you're going to walk in her dreams. Honestly, I don't know the level of influence you'll have there, since it's her dream. You should at least be able to correct enough," Riane said. "Isn't that a little bit conniving?" I said. "Maybe, but it's all we've got right now. So unless you have a better idea you'd like to share, go lay next to her and hold her hand so I can begin."

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180719223440-1

"Well, that was quite a show, wasn't it?" Riane said. "That was horrible! Whoever created that spell was a monster," I said. "Maybe, but it wouldn't be the first time you put yourself in danger for someone, is it? You did a good job though. She'll probably sleep a bit sounder. It was an intriguing experience. Maybe I'll start to study the spell in detail. Good luck to both of you."

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180719224227-1

"Mrr... Her head feel funny," M'rissi said. "You should be feeling fine. Are you okay?" I said. "She... thinks so. she doesn't really understand what you did, but she is... He... hee! Yes! M'rissi feels so relieved now! As if she spent a day in a big cozy bed! Whew! You know, she... thanks you. You did so much. She feels so safe next to you. And, she thanks Riane too. And now let's run to the tavern and celebrate! Uhm, this time you lead the way!" M'rissi said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu May 07, 2020 6:37 am

"M'rissi, let's take a break and just chat for a bit," Aster said. "Just about time, she would like to rest her feet a while," she yawned.

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180719230233-1

"Tell me, have you enjoyed travelling with me so far?" Aster said. "Why such a strange question?" M'rissi wondered. "Well... There has been a lot to think about. A lot has happened to us after all. It's fun, surely. The adventures always have something new, and she gets to meet new people. Things don't always go so well, but yes, she does enjoy travelling with you," she continud. "Have you ever thought about settling down? Maybe getting married and starting a family?" "Ehm, what a weird ideas you have. She never gives it much thought, if you want her honesty. She's happy the way thhings are, with you and Lirry. She wants it to stay that way." "Well, that's enough time resting. We should get going so we don't get caught in the dark," Aster said. "But she was just getting comfy! And why do you ask such strange questions all of a sudden? Hey! Don't walk away from her!" M'rissi said.

The Shezarrine - a Skyrim story - Page 7 20180719230337-1

"So, about something interesting to read... Haha, that one will let you have some fun. It's called Ahzirr Traajijazeri," Aster said.

Ahzirr Trajijazaeri
This is an absurd book. But like all things Khajiiti, as the expression goes, "gzalzi vaberzarita maaszi", or "absurdity has become necessity." Much of what I have to say has probably never been written before, and if it has, no one has read it. The Imperials feel that everything must be written down for posterity, but every Khajiiti kitten born in Elsweyr knows his history, he drinks it in with his mother's milk.
Fairly recently, however, our struggles to win back our homeland from the rapacious Count of Leyawiin have attracted sympathetic persons, even Imperials, who wish to join our cause, but, it seems, do not understand our ways. Our enemies, of course, do not understand us either, but that is as we wish it, a weapon in our arsenal. Our non-Khajiiti friends, however, should know who we are, why we are, and what we are doing.
The Khajiit mind is not engineered for self-reflection. We simply do what we do, and let the world be damned. To put into words and rationalize our philosophy is foreign, and I cannot guarantee that even after reading this, you will understand us. Grasp this simple truth -- "q'zi no vano thzina ualizz" -- "When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth."
We are the Renrijra Krin. "The Mercenary's Grin¸" "The Laugh of the Landless," and "The Smiling Scum" would all be fair translations. It is a derogatory expression, but it is amusing so we have adopted it.
We have anger in our hearts, but not on our faces. We fight for Elsweyr, but we do not ally ourselves with the Mane, who symbolizes our land. We believe in justice, but do not follow laws.
"Q'zi no vano thzina ualizz."
These are not rules, for there is no word for "rules" in Ta'agra. Call them our "thjizzrini" -- "foolish concepts."
1. "Vaba Do'Shurh'do": "It Is Good To Be Brave"
We are struggling against impossible odds, against the very Empire of Tamriel. Our cause is the noblest cause of all: defense of home. If we fail, we betray our past and our future. Our dead are "Ri'sallidad", which may be interpreted as "martyrs" in the truest, best sense of that word which is so often misused. We honor their sacrifice and, beneath our smiles, mourn them deeply.
Our bravery most obviously shows in the smile that is the "Krin" part of our name. This does not mean that we walk about grinning like the idiotic, baboonish Imga of Valenwood. We simply are entertained by adversary. We find an equal, fair fight tiresome in the extreme. We confidently smile because we know our victory in the end is assured. And we know our smiles drive our enemies insane.
2. "Vaba Maaszi Lhajiito": "It Is Necessary To Run Away"
We are struggling against impossible odds, against the very Empire of Tamriel. Honor is madness. Yes, we loved the Renrijra Krin who died in brave battle against the forces of the Empire, but I guarantee you that each of those Ri'sallidad had an escape route he or she failed to use, and died saying, "Damn."
When the great Senche-Raht comes to the Saimisil Steppes, he will find himself unable to hunt, unable to sleep, as the tiny Alfiq leap onto his back, biting him, and running off before he has a chance to turn his great body to face them. Eventually, though he may stubbornly hope to catch the Alfiq, the Senche-Raht always leaves. They are our cousins, the Alfiq, and we have adopted their strategy against the great tiger of Leyawiin.
Do not ally yourself with the Renrij if you yearn to be part of a mighty army, marching resolutely forth, for whom retreat is anathema. We will laugh at your suicidal idiocy as we slip into the reeds of the river, and watch the inevitable slaughter.
3. "Fusozay Var Var": "Enjoy Life"
Life is short. If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several, in whatever combination your wise loins direct, and do not under any circumstances play hard to get. Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.
Good. Welcome back.
We Renrijra Krin live and fight together, and know that Leyawiin and the Empire will not give way very soon, likely not in our lifetimes. In the time we have, we do not want our closest comrades to be dour, dull, colorless, sober, and virginal. If we did, we would have joined the Emperor's Blades.
Do not begrudge us our lewd jokes, our bawdy, drunken nights, our moonsugar. They are the pleasures that Leyawiin denies us, and so we take our good humor very seriously.
4. "Fusozay Var Dar": "Kill Without Qualm"
Life is short. Very short, as many have learned when they have crossed the Renrijra Krin.
We fight dirty. If an enemy is facing us, we might consider our options, and even slip away if his sword looks too big. If his back is to us, however, I personally favor knocking him down, and then jumping on his neck where the bones snap with a gratifying crunch. Of course, it is up to you and your personal style.
5. "Ahzirr Durrarriss": "We Give Freely To The People"
Let us not forget our purpose. We are fighting for our families, the Khajiiti driven from the rich, fertile shores of Lake Makapi and the River Malapi, where they and their ancestors lived since time immemorial. It is our battle, but their tragedy. We must show them, lest they are swayed by other rhetoric, that we are fighting for them.
The Mane, The Emperor, and The Count can give speeches, pass laws, and, living life in the open, explain their positions and philosophies to their people to stave off the inevitable revolution. Extralegal entities, such as the Renrijra Krin, must make our actions count for our words. This means more than fighting the good fight, and having a laugh at our befuddled adversaries. It means engaging and seducing the people. Ours is not a military war, it is a political war. If the people rise up against our oppressors, they will retreat, and we will win.
Give to these people, whenever possible, gold, moonsugar, and our strong arms, and though they hide, their hearts will be with us.
6. "Ahzirr Traajijazeri": "We Justly Take By Force"
Let us not forget our purpose. We are thieves and thugs, smugglers and saboteurs. If we cannot take a farm, we burn it to the ground. If the Imperials garrisoned in a glorious ancient stronghold, beloved by our ancestors, will not yield, we tear the structure apart. If the only way to rescue the land from the Leyawiin misappropriation is to make it uninhabitable by all, so be it.
We want our life and our home back as it was twenty years ago, but if that is not realistic, then we will accept a different simple, pragmatic goal. Revenge. With a smile.

"But that's all lies! No true word at all! Her people are not like that!" M'rissi said. "They are honest, kind and straight with their thoughts. They would never strike at someone's back! But.." M'rissi appeared confused. "What does that mean, a frisky lad or several?" she asked. "Ahem..." Aster cleared his throat. "Nothing you need to worry about right now. Maybe we'll discuss it later," he said. "Tsk, then don't read to her such lies again!" "Well, M'ri, are you satisfied with our reading?" "Yes! she means no! She wants more!"

https://ibb.co/WHPfXvh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next