Saturn Reads Tarot
Saturn Reads Tarot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Donate Here

Ads
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 Empty Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:12 am

First topic message reminder :

This is a visual novel. The setting is an Arthurian legend taking place in our time. Meet the pantheon and mythology of several cultures mixed together - including the Norse, Celt, Aztec and Japanese.
The NSFW screenshots will be hidden behind a link and password. Don't have it, you can ask me  Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 1f609
You know the deal, click on images to enlarge, click on links and use password to view the naughty stuff.
And without further ado, let us begin the story

Bore's home in the United States

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628003120-1

"Oh... I can't believe it, my little baby is all grown up and leaving me." "Look, I'm 21. And I'm just going to college for my graduate stidies, not running away to join the Foreign Legion," Bore said. "But... but... it's in another country. Surely there must be nice collegues here in America you could go to? Maybe here in Frostburg, so you could still live at home?" "You know I love you Mom. But I really want to go there, they've got some really interesting courses that aren't offered here in the US. And they did offer me a full scholarship." "Yes, and I'm very proud of you. I can't remember if you told me... what was it awarded for?" she said. "Oh, I won it playing poker." "Oh, you're such a joker. So much like your father, God bless his soul. He could always bring a smile to my face no matter how sad I felt." "Mom... please don't stat crying. The cab will be here in a few minutes," he said. "You're ll I've got left from your father. And now you're leaving me, too." "Mom, he died before I was born. I know he meant a lot to you, but you've got to think about yourself as well." "He was... he wa one of a kind," she said. "You know I'll always be there for you, Mom." "(sniff) Anyway. Remember to call my friend the moment you touch down in England, okay?" "I'm going to Scotland, Mom," Bore corrected his mother. "Same thing. About my friend... do you have her phone number? Do you even remember her name?" "Og course, Mom." "That's good. And don't forget your computer," she said. "Laptop, Mom. Don't worry, I'm just charging it, so I've got something to do on the flight." "It's really nice that even on the plane you'll be studying. Such a good boy." "I doubt I'll be working. Just playing games and relaxing on the long flight," he said. "Well that's good. Wouldn't want you studying too hard." " It's nice of your friend to help me get settled in. Where do you know her from?" "Oh, she's a friend from... back then. When your father was here. We all stayed on a ranch in Oregon. There was always such life and happiness, and we'd all... well... never mind, you don't need to worry your little head about that. Grown-up stuff. Anyway, Chloe's an old friend, and she agreed to help you get settled in Edinburgh. I'm so glad you'll have someone there with you," she said. "Oh, great, Mom's middle aged friend is supposed to be my minder. So much for freedom, welcome crazy cat lady," Bore whispered to himself. "(sniff) I can't believe you're leaving me." "Mom. I'll be back at the end of the school year. We can chat over Facial and everything." "I'm sorry, dear. Iyt's just... you remind me so much of your father. It breaks my heart to lose you too," she said.
Bore gave his mother a tight hug.
"I love you, Mom. I'll be fine, don't worry so much," he said. "Just... be careful, okay? Promise me. No drinking, or chasing girls, or gambling, or doing anything dangerous." "Of course, Mom. I'm an adult. I'm heading off to college. How would I have time to do these kinds of things?" "I love you. Call! Stay safe... come back to me... please," she said. "Bye Mom," Bore said.

Last edited by Wotan on Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 Empty Re: Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:02 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628070150-1

"Sorry, this library is for Postgrad students only. You're not lost, are you?" "I don't think so. I'm studying for my Masters in Applied Thaumaturgy... does that count?" Bore said. "Oh wow, a mage. That's so swesome. Did you know, I came up here to do my PhD in Thaumaturgic Antropology just because I heard they're the best Uni in Europe for magical studies," she said. "That's cool." "Yeah. Did you know the Great Grand-daughter of King Arthur is studying here? She's traveling incognito, of course." "Imagine that..." he said. "Even cooler, there's actually two full Evokers training here. Like real-life Magic Super Heroes. Born to hunt monstrs! Isn't that just awesome?" "I guess." "I really wish I could find them, and study them. But the ancient order are preventing me,,," she said. "The ancient what now?" "Oh, don't pretend you don't know about this... if you're a mage... oh. They must have sworn you to secrecy, right?" "Well, not really," Bore said. "It's probably some dread geas or compulsion, like if you reveal them to muggles, you'll keel over and start vomiting black blood or something. Don't say a word, I understand." "Normies. You're called normies." "Normies? Are you sure? Dam, where's my notebook... this is gold. What type of mage are you?" she said. "I'm an..." "No wait... wait. Let me guess. You're a Healer!" "No, actually..." he said. "No, that's not right. Don't answer that... you're of course an Esoteric Magician. Right? Right!" "Sure, if you say so." "Damn I'm good at this," she said. "I just don't have the heart to tell you the truth. You look so cute jumping up and down with those ginormous tits bouncing everywhere," he muttered. "What did you say? Never mind, not important. Did you know, I've always thought I'm psychic? Like for real. Here, let me show you... I can sense what your talent is, too." "okay?" "Yeah. That's why the ancient ones are so insistent on hiding from me. I'm really perceptive, you know. So, like you've obviously got Weathersense," she said. "Not at all." "Did I say weathersense? I meant the knack for seeing ghosts." "Nothing like that," Bore said. "Oh... yes. I see it now. I get the feeling of soil, and roots and growth... I know, you're a Druid." "Nope." "Hedgemage?" she said. "Also nope." "Agromancer?" "Still nope," he said. "Aeromancer?" "How is that even connected to growing things?" "Oh, I know. Your special knack is that you're impossible to scry!" she said. "Nope... Wait, actually you're right. Yes, I'm impossible to scry." "See! I rock. No wonder the ancient ones are hiding the mages from me, I see... too much." "Even a broken clock is right twice a day," he said. "But... that's really got to suck, you know. Like, 'Hey, the good news is you've got a magic talent! The bad news is that it's the most useless magic talent ever." "Well, I manage, somehow." "You can always come up here and study with me, I promise I won't judge you or anything. Much," she said. "Well, that's good to know. What's your name, anyway?" "Olivia. And yours?" "Oh, I'm Bore. Pleased to meet you," he said. "Great to meet you too. I can't believe I finally met a real mage. That's just so cool." "Cool. I'll see you around, Olivia."

Back to top Go down

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 Empty Re: Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed

Post by Wotan Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:08 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628070525-1

"What can I get you, Bore?" Jenny asked. "You know, just give me a regular flat black, no sugar. £5, right?" he said. "Let's see... did I bring anything to read with my coffee? The Exquisite Art of Domination."
Bore feels more than a little bit self-conscious reading this in public.
"Come to thinkl of it... I did find a magical black rose. I wonder... I'll need some pen and paper. I'm sure Diana has some. Then I need to work out how I want to play this. Let's drink the coffee and get moving. I've got a date to visit Elsewhere with Emily this evening. I should get back to the Crowley."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628070654-1

"Hi, Bore. What are you up to?" Chloe said. "I was goinmg to hit Elsewhere with Emily tonight," he said. "I... see." "Don't worry so much, Chloe. We'll both be fully dressed. In armour." "Perhaps. Be very careful, Bore. I've had a blinding headache all day, and I finally think I know what is causing it," she said. "You get headaches from magic? Or from the booze last night." "Both. But I can't remember drinking that much yesterday..." "Often a problem in itself," Bore said. "Indeed. This though, feels like a migraine. Which tends to mean some kind of Confluence." "What's a Confluence?" "A gathering of power. A lot of power, in this case. I don't know if it's a new spell, or something old awaking, but I do know, Evokers attract these things like lightning rods," Chloe said. "Probably just one of the mages up at the University preparing a ritual." "Just watch yourself. I don't want to house-break another bouncer." "Don't be silly, Chloe. An Evoker and a Princess of the Blood. What could possibly go wrong?" he said. "Don't make me count the ways." "Anyway, I'll be down by the portal getting set up. Let Emily know where I am, would you?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628070813-1

"Going elsewhere with Emily will be a totally different experience than Katie or Dylan. Really looking forward to it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:04 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628070827-1

"Greetings, my dearest Knight. So this is your little hideout," she said. "Indeed. Welcome," he said. "This is impressive, Bore. I did not know there was a full-sized portal outside of the Embassy and the University." "You're not wearoung your armour?" "I would look quite the fool, parading through Edinburgh as an armoured knight," Emily said. "I take it, that's what is in the backpack?" "Yes. Where can I change?" "You can use the private bathroom upstairs?" Bore said. "Sure. You change here, and I shall be right back." "Sure thing."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628070933-1

"I just have to let her take things at a comfortable pace. At least she's quick."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628070948-1

"Militia armour. But then, you are very much a child of this world," Emily said. "What kind of armour are you wearing?" Bore wondered. "This? Schwartalf Plate. It is old. Very old. Made for my great-grandmother, Guinevere. A wedding gift from one of the Gods of the Fae." "It looks gorgeous. Suits you perfectly. Strong beautiful steel, yet regal and elegant." "Flattery will get you far, my dearest Knight. Shall we go," she said. "Sure."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628071024-1

"I'm always struck with how beautiful this place is," Bore said. "Indeed. I never grew tired of walking the Paths. If only there was a Glade nearby, I could show you true magic," Emily said. "You mentioned Glades before. They're like permanent locations?" "Yes. The Paths change over time, somethines even while you walk them. Glades anchor that chaos to the real world, allowing us poor humans something tangible to perceive." "And the Powers make these?" he said. "Mostly they are human creations; Fae and Gods do not perceive reality as we do, and are far more comfortable carving out temporary spaces from the Paths themselves than we are." "So, the Court is such a place." "Yes. Built by Merlin, as were almost half the Glades we know of," she said. "Busy fello. You said there were no Glades near Edinburgh?" "No... Wait. Do you sense that?" "I thought we already established that I'm blind as a bat when it comes to thse things?" Bore said. "Even you should be able to feel that. An enchantment is unraveling around us." "Can't say I do. I've got a slight ringing in my ears, and there is this feeling there's something different about the path to the left, but..." "Left...?" Emily said. "Yeah. See, over there. There's like a door."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:19 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628071157-1

"A gate. Which means beyond lies a Glade. But there are to Glades near Edinburgh; the closest is nearly 2 hours travel away," Emily said. "Could someone have created it recently?" he said. "Bore, the working of a Glade is not something you do in your garden shed after work. They require immense effort, even by the yardsticks used by Gods. In the history of the Court, only a half dozen new ones have been created." "Let's go check it out!" "I... I am afraid. It is dangerous to meddle in the affairs of Powers," she said. "You said your father is a Power, right?" "Yes, my dearest Knight. And you would be well advised to not meddle in his affairs neither." "But we should check it out! Do you really think it's an accident that thing just showed up as we walked past?" Bore said. "No, quite the opposite. I am deadly certain it is no accident it opened here, for us." "So... we turn, and run? That doesn't feel right neither." "No. Whatever has been set in motion is already happening. Running will not save us," Emily said. "If running won't help, let's walk to face it. Together we can face anythinng that comes." "Ever the Evoker. I assure you, there is no shortage of the things in Elsewhere that would make short work of two fledgelings like us." "Then I'll at least face it on my feet, not on my knees," he said. "The door is closed. Let me try something. Open for friends of the Court." "Didn't seem to do anything." "Would perhaps be too much to hope for. That is the standard password for civilian Glades built by Merlin," she said. "So you don't think this was Merlin's work?" "I am... unsure. There are similarities. In style, and the feeling of the weave. But also differences." "So if we don't have a password, we're not getting in," Bore said. "If there is nobody guarding it, I can likely puzzle my waay through it. Unlike Merlin's greater work, this is merely difficult, not incomprehensible." "I thought you didn't want to get in?" "I am cautious, not incurious. But having started this, we will finish it." Emily said. "I wonder what the tricj to opening it is?" Bore said. "You only need to ask, Promised One," a strange voice said. "Huh?" "I think I see. Open up, please. We come in peace. Open the gates," she said. "Doesn't seem to do anything." "It called you the Promised One? Why? You try, Bore." "Try what? So I'm just supposed to say open the gates and it... what is happening?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628071451-1

"It seemes keyed to you, and you specifically. I like this far less already. What have you dragged me into, Bore?" Emily said. "No idea. Let's enter?" he said. "Fools rush in where wise men fear to tread. So be it, let us see hoe deep this hole goes." "It's just a Glade. You said they're common." "Never common. And this is a Glade that should not exist, by my maps," she said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628071529-1

"It's beautiful. Smell the air, it's totally unlike the city. And the temperature is perfect for a late summer's day," Bore said. "And yet why is a shiver going down my back. I... I feel I should know this place," Emily said. "Look, there's someone here."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:45 am

"Stay alert. Something feels very wrong," Emily said. "Don't worry, it's just a single gurl. She's walking this way," Bore said. "I do not know if you're just innocent, or actually foolish. You are surrounded by dangerous women, yet you persist in believing us harmless." "Well, yeah. But what could one girl do?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628071600-1

"Welcome, Promised One. Welcome to my Lake." "See, she's friendly," he said. "I... I know you. The Lake. You are the Lady of the Lake. You are Nimue the Betrayer," Emily said. "Wait, what?" "My, how the Pendragons have fallen, if you are the last scion," Nimue said. "Emily, what's going on?" "And... Bore. I see your Father's power in you. It is growing daily. Merlin's plan is coming together perfectly." "My father?" he said. "All in good time, Bore." "What plan?" "Soon, you will be strong enough to take up the Throne, and receive the Mantle." "What throne?" "The Throne in Exile, Bore. But that will never happen. The Pendragons are the guardians of Camelot, and this bitch will never supplant us," Emily said. "I know."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628071718-1

"Foolish little Pendrgon. Bore is the true heir of Arthur. Your family are merely the groundkeepers. And a terrible job you have done of it, too," Nimue said. "Emily?" "Be on your guard, Bore. Nimue is a Power in her own right, and no friend to my family," she said. "My cards are ready." "I'm hardly going to attack you, Bore. You're the final steps of a dance begun before Arthus was born, the work of many Powers. Myself. Merlin. Your father... others," Nimue said. "How was my father involved?" Bore said. "All in good time. The Mantle was Merlin's greatest creation, but even he needed help to power such a thing." "Who was my father, gods damn you." "Do not listen to her, Bore. Nothing good will come out of this, she will drag us into her schemes," Emily said. "I need to know. Who my father waa. Why this is happening. How this connects to my destiny," Bore said. "Oh, but these are not my schemes, little Pendragon. These are Merlin's plans. He laid the path for the Winter King, long before the Court was ever created," Nimue said. "Wait. The undead dog. It called me Winter Child. It said the prophecy must be stopped." "Winter Child? Prophecy? Bore, what else have you been hiding from me? What is going on?" Emily said. "It didn't seem relevant, okay." "In time, you will be the Winter King. The end, to Arthur's beginning. The King foretold," Nimue said. "Emily, I swear I knew nothing of any of this." "I think I believe you. And yet I cannot dismiss this out of hand. Nimue is a Power, she does not need to play mind games. Though she surely enjoys them." "Whatever it is, we will face it together," he said. "What a simple-minded child. Did you truly think he was attracted to you? You plain faced, flat chested tomboy. All of this was planned before your great grandfather was even born," Nimue said. "Emily, look at me. She's lying to you," Bore said. "Did you really think Arthur would return? Or that Erec was somehow worthy? The Future King will not be from Arthur's failed bloodline, Merlin and I knew that. But even Merlin didn't expect your family to fall so low." "She's lying to you. Playing you." "Am I? Your connection to Emily is just the magic in you, sensing the other half of the Mantle, through Emily to the Throne itself. Only when you take the Throne will you reforge the Mantle, and take up your destiny," Nimue said. "That's bullshit." "Some of it... some of it makes sense. My family are strong Enchanters, but none since have had even a fractio of Arthur's power. It is as if whatever gave him strength died with him," Emily said. "What does that mean?" "It means nothing. My Family has defended the Court for 15 centuries. My Mother gave her life to defend it. I will not give it up for this watery rart." "Good," Bore said. "And yet...I cannot allow myself to be captured by some hostile glamour. This, our dates... it is too much, too fast. As if we're being rushed." "How?" "Perhaps a spell. Perhaps something native to you, and your powers. Or perhaps Nimue is indeed not lying. Or at least not completely. I need to know more," Emily said. "How do we do that?" "We do not. Before I do anything, I need to clear my mind of your influence, and seek aid with wiser mages than me. If this is a hostile spell, it came far too close to overcoming my defenses." "What hostile spell are you talking about?" he said. "My feelings for you. My dreams of a future, together. If they are all just glamours, I must know." "Emily, I swear..." "Farewell, little Pendragon. Don't let us stop you. Run back to your doddering old fools at the Round Table," Nimue said. "Emily, please." "I have my Duty. To the Court. To my Father. I am leaving, Bore. Do not try to stop me." "Crap."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628072044-1

"Good riddance. I cannot stand that family," Nimue said. "Why? Why did you do this..." Bore said. "Because you were never meant to be the mere consort to a failed Queen. A Storm is coming, and the Court will need a real King if it is to survive. It will need the Winter King. It will need you." "Well. Damn!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:19 pm

"Well, that was genuinely a shit end to otherwise a great time. How do I get Emily to realize I'm not trying to steal her throne. Or just talk to me again. I need a drink. Or several drinks. Thankfully we're in a bar. I'll snag a bottle, and head up to my room. I'm not really feeling sociable right now."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628072203-1

"Let's see... Macallan 25. Probably a good place to start. Getting drunk won't fix this, but it will at least let me sleep."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628072236-1

"Good morning, Bore. Rise and shine," Chloe said. "Urgh..." "I must say, I'm quite impressed by your dedication to drinking last night. I don't think I've ever seen an Evoker with a hangover before." Ugh. What did I drink?" he said. "Might be better to ask what you didn't drink. I take it your date with Emily went well?" "She hates me. Probably with good reason." "Whatever did you do?" she said. "We found something. A Glade, not far from here." "There shouldn't be any. I assume this is the convergence I felt yesterday?" "I think so. We found a lake. And a woman. Nimue," Bore said. "That is a name I haven't heard in a long time. So the Lady of the Lake is back. That is... unfortunate." "She's convinced Emily that I was born to steal her throne." "I can see how that would get you in trouble, yes," Chloe said. "She said I was destined for this. That I was the result of a prophecy, and that the only reason I was attracted to Emily was because of the Mantle... Chloe?" "You are totally certain she used that word? Mantle?" "Yeah. She said the Mantle would be complete once I was crowned King. And that it was Merlin's greayest creation," he said. "Well, that's not ominous at all, considering what other things that old goat created. Shit, this is not good." "Yeah. Emily was livid. I doubt she'll ever talk to me again." "Ignore the girl for the moment. Think. Erec will not just step aside because Nimue told him to. There is no love lost between the Lady and the Pendragons," she said. "And?" "If he finds out about the prophecy, you're a dead man. And that ignores anyone else that would rather not see you take up the Mantle." "What the hell is a Mantle anyway?" Bore said. "It's how Gods are born. Think of it as a place in reality, where someone fits, where power flows from. The God of War. The Lord of the Hunt. The Once and Future King. Oh, damn." "What?" "The Once and Future King. Erec is no match for Arthur. None of the Pendragons since have been. Because that Mantle was not made for them It was made for Arthur. And you," Chloe said. "So you're saying I could become a... a god? Is that a bad thing? I mean, yes. Erec wants to kil me, and Emily hates my guts right now. But..." "Merlin never did anything without a reason. Fifteen centuries ago he built a fortress in Elsewhere, and gave its King more power than many gods." "And then?" he said. "And then he died in battle. With Arthur and most of the Companions. Fighting what, though? That's the question. I know it is." "Why?" "Merlin was a Greater Power. Arthur was basically a God. Many of the Companions were Powers in their own right. So what the hell killed them all?" she said. "The other Gods?" "I doubt they could have succeeded. Not without it basically being a divine extinction level event. Something from Outside, is my guess, but I'll need to find out more." "You seem more freaked out by this than the idea Erec wants to kill me," Bore said. "Erec's mortal. I can deal with him. Merlin created Arthur to fight whatever the hell they faced fifteen centuries ago. The question we need to answer is why did he create you?" To be king of Camelot, if Nimue is right?" "Don't be dense. Merlin didn't elevate Arthur for altruistic reasons. He needed a human weapon, and the Mantle of the Once and Future King provided the raw power. If that's what we're looking at, we have to assume whatever is coming this time requires an equally large hammer," Chloe said. "So what's the plan?" "I'd say run away. But if there's something coming capable of wiping out Powers in job-lots, I don't think there's anywhere far enough away. Unless you have friends at SpaceX, possibly." "So you have nothing?" he said. "I need to do some research. Anyway, you've got other problems. If your girlfriend tells daddy, you're a dead man long before Merlin's plans mature." "Well, I guess I'll find out on Monday. I should have gotten her mobile number. Assuming there is signal coverage in Elsewhere." "There isn't. Stay safe. Grow strong. We have barely started," she said. "Bye, Chloe."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:31 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628072707-1

"Hello, Bore. How goes the world of magic?" Olivia said. "Pretty good. There's so much to learn," he said. "Yeah, I bet. Magic portals, sacred potions, mysterious witches, blossoming romances with tall dark strangers... damn. I wish it was me." "You'd be surprised about the magic potions. Trust me on this. I have acually found a magic portal, so that part is true." "Oh? Wow. It's at Waverly station, isn't it? I just knew it was," she said. "Well..." "First thing I did, when I got to Edinburgh, was to go down to Waverly, and look for platform 9 3/4. And you know what?" "What?" Bore said. "It. Wasn't. There." "Ah." "The platforms only go up to 8. See? See! It's the ancient order, I'm telling you. They've hidden the entire platform," Olivia said. "Either that, or Waverly only has 8 platforms. It's not anywhere near as big as King's Cross, you know." "No, I'm sure it's the ancient order. I feel it in my bones, I'm this close to a break through. I just need to find the right person to ask. If you're not using the Waverly portal, which one are you using?" "It's a portal in the basement of the pub I'm staying at," he said. "Ha. Very funny. If you didn't want to tell me, just say so... you don't nee to lie about this." "If you say so." "Sounds good. I'll be over here in the corner if you need anything," she said.
Bore settled down with his books. It was a quiet environment, and he found it easy to concentrate.
"There is a lot of coursework to study. Much of it is dry. But if you want to get smarter you've got to push through. Time flies."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628073103-1

"I guess I should get up. Today's my first chance to see Emily after our disastrou date. I need to get her back. Somehow."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628073131-1

"Hey, Bore." "Hi Molly. How did coursework go this time?" he said. "What coursework? The stupid thug never showed. Not my problem," she said. "You haven't seen Emily, have you?" "You mean her Royal Highness?" "Whatever. Have you seen her?" Bore said. "Nope. I'm sure she'll be in class." "Yeah, but I was hoping to meet up with her before that... Nevermind. Let's go."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:07 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628073204-1

"Welcome to this session of ceremonial magic. Before we start, I have some housekeeping things to go over. Princess Pendragon will be absent today, having returned to Court on official business," Sarah said. "God. Damn. It," Bore cursed under his breath. "She has also requested a change in coursework assignments. Bore, I believe that means you're now paired with... let's see... Katie?" "What?" "Actually, Dr. Sarah, if I may. I believe Bore and I would make an exellent pairing." "Exactly what are you playing at, Molly?" he wondered. "Shut up, I know what I'm doing," she whispered. "What the heck is going on." "Oh, Miss Irvine? You would rather be paired with Bore than with Miss Pendragon? Very well, if you insist," Sarah said. "I thought you were all about finding a connection to the Throne, and using it to get rich?" Bore said. "I said shut up. I'll explain later," Molly said. "You'd better." "Apart from that, today's lecture we will talk about the logic underpinning the Magical Membrane circles, and how it differentiates from normal summoning circles."
Sarah's acually a very good teacher. Bore finds himself learning quite a lot.
"And that's all for today's lecture. Thank you for coming, and I'll see you next week. As always, your homework assignments are in the envelopes at your desk," Sarah finished. "Okay, Molly, spill it," Bore said. "I'll tell you when we do the assignment. Now shut up, people are looking at us," she said. "Okay. How about coming over to my place tomorrow afternoon? We can do it in my room." "Like, what? Do you think I'm stupid? No way I'm letting you lock me up in your room alone. We'll do it here in DGN1, I'll book the lecture theater." "Seriously. This day sucks," he said. "I'll see you tomorrow. You'd better be there," Molly said. "Sure."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628073333-1

"Well, as I live and breathe... Chloe. How're ya doing, lass?" "Wait, you guys know each other?" Bore said. "Lad, the Quartermaster knows everybody. Especially the cute chicks," he said. "And that includes Chloe, I assume." "Aye. Well, more of an eagle than a chick, but ya get my drift." "So what brings you here?" "Oh, he's here to drink too much, and pick up girls 80 years too young for him. Ain't that right?" Chloe said. "80 years?" "Aye, well. So I guess the math goes half your age +7, right? I', 120, so the youngest I aught to be chasing is 67? Screw that," the quartermaster said. "So not into GILFs, I take it?" "Nah. Not that some girls over 70 can't look pretty hot, I mean look at Chloe here..." "Oooops." "ADRIAN! You're a dead man," Chloe said. "I heard nothing. I'll be in my room, if anyone needs a hand cleaning up aterwards," Bore said.
"Okay, that was too close. I guess I need to find a new supplier for gems now."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:22 am

"Ah, there's the application. I promised to call mom. Let's hope she hasn't accidentally uninstalled Facial from her computer. Again. It's a little far to do tech support for her from here. Crap, it's like the middle of the night back in Maryland, isn'y it? I should call her at night. For now, I've got other stuff to do."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628073450-1

"Let's see, Torman gave me a link to some courseware. I should probably check it out. I think I remember the URL to download it from. I really need to know more about how these magic things work."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628073547-1

"I should really call Mom." "Bore? Is that you, honey?" she said. "Hi, mom. Good to see you again. Is everything okay?" he said. "Well, the house is empty without you. But apart from that, I can't really complain. How are you? Did Chloe help you get settled in?" "Good. I'm staying at Chloe's place, and found myself a part-time job." "But, Bore, I did say I'd be happy to help pay for your studies. Shouldn't you be focused on school?" she said. "No, mom. I worked through college before. I don't want to be a burden to you." "Oh, honey, it's fine. We've got some savings, I don't mind. You're the most important thing in my life." "Well, I'll try to handle it on my own. Chloe's offered me free room and board, in return for being a bouncer. So that helps a lot. And the school is paid for. All that's left is spending money, and I can work in the bar for that," Bore said. "Oh, that's nice. Of course, Chloe was always very... thoughtful. And she had the most marvelous hands. But never you mind. If you need some spending money, I'd be happy to help." "I'll try my best not to be a burden to you, mom. It can't have been easy to raise me, all alone." "Oh, your grandparents helped, you know. And I've been realy fortunate. I've got a job I love, a house we own, and a tall handsome son that any parent would be proud of. So if you ever need anything, I'm always going to be there for you," she said. "Thanks, mom. I'll try not to be a problem for you. It's getting late here, and I should probably sleep soon. Good night, mom." "Good night, Bore. Sleep tight, and stay safe. I love you." "I love you too, mom," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628074102-1

"Hey, Bore. How can I help you?" "You wouldn't happen to have pen and paper, would you?" he said. "What does this look like, Staples?" she said. "Come on, Diana. We both know you've got pen and paper somewhere here. Can't I just buy them from you?" "I may have a spare notebook. And I guess I could throw in a pen, since it's you." "Cool. How much do I owe you? Would £5 be fair?" Bore said. "All books are equal in worth , and equal in value. £100." "You're fucking kidding me! No, of course you're not." "If we do not have standards, we have nothing. And a book is ever worth what someone will pay for it," Diana said. "Oh for fucks sake. Okay, there you go." "Always a pleasure. I know you will enjoy it." "I will, yes. So will Jenny," he said. "Later." "So, We've got the dam notebook. For £100. I'm sure I could have bought a goddamn Chromebook for that, but buying stuff in this town is insane. Speaking of which... Jenny. She dreams of being dominated. The rose, and my overpriced notepad, is the key. But what do I want to do? Perhaps I should get some toys? Maybe a remote vibrator. I'm sure as hell not buying it in one of these stores, though. Between the cost and the embarrassment, I think this is definitely a purchase that would better be done online. I should check out my PC." "Bore, what are you still doing here, and why are you muttering to yourself?" Diana said. "Oh. Nothing. See you later, Diana. Thanks for the notebook," he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:42 pm

"I guess I should track down Molly and do the homework assignment. Somehow, I need to make up with Emily, so we can get back to doing this together instead. How the hell did my life go so wrong, so quickly. Molly said she'd be at DGN1."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628075048-1

"Now where's Molly? Of course she's late. What was I thinking, being on time."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628075101-1

"Hi, Bore. Thanks for waiting," she said. "I've been waiting here for almost an hour. You had better have a good explanation, Molly," he said. "Oh? Well, I was having lunch with the personal assistant to the deputy vice-chancellor, and she had these really interesting stories about how she's pushing for more non-magic studies in our course. Like, obviously I had to stay and listen to that." "I don't even want to know. I mean, why did you drag me into this? Why are we now study buddies? I thought you were all about nuzzling up to Emily, much like a rattlesnake to a warm sleeping bag." "It's not important. I needed an excuse to bring you here, the homework gives me a good excuse," Molly said. "Okay, let's get this over wth. I'll open the envelope." "What do you think you're doing?" "Reading our assignment? Flexibility is at the heart of Ceremonial Magic. Today's assignment will lead you through a sequence of traditional poses used by practitioners of Ceremonial Magic..." Bore said. "Give me that. Let's see. Oh, it's just basic poses. Bend and spread, legs behind your head, nude handstand splits, that kind of stuff. Boring. What's with that look?" My mind is trying yo process the idea of Emily doing a nude handstand split for me." "Look, if you wanted to do this with Emily you shouldn't have tried to rape her," she said. "I shouldn't have what?" "Like, Sarah totally agrees. Little Miss Duty and Honor suddenly running away, and refusing to be in the same room with you? It's totally obvious." "It's nothing like that," he said. "I can just see it in my mind. Oh, please Mister Evoker, thou must not. Forsooth I am yet a virgin, if you must ravage me, use only my asshole." "You are one seriously twisted puppy. Nothing like that happened, it's just... politics." "Are you kidding? What kind of political entanglements would someone like you have with someone like her? No, I'm pretty sure I know what happened," Molly said. "My head hurts. Anyway, let's get this over with." "Don't be stupid. Like, we're totally not doing the assignment." "Look, I know Sarah's assignments are embarrassing, but we still have to do them," Bore said. "What? Dude, it's nothing like that. I've been practicing Ceremonial Magic for years, I could do these poses in my sleep. Now, go sit on the chair over there." "The chair inside the summoning circle?" "Yes," she said. "The chair inside the summoning circle that links our world to a place where unspeakable and horny things wait to rape and mindbreak anyone they can get their hands on?" "Yes?" "Absofuckinglutely not happening," he said. "Don't be a scaredy cat. I promise I wonät open the portal, I just need you to sit inside the circle." "Not happening. If we're not doing the assignment, I've got better things to do. I'll see you later." "Look. You owe me," Molly said. "I... what?" "Yeah. Because of you I can't use my magic anymore. You totally owe me." "You know what, I'm out of here. Sarah can reassign the teams next Monday," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628075300-1

"Wait. Bore. Stop!" Molly said. "What is it now?" he said. "Look... don't go... I'm sorry." "Really, now?" "For being a bitch to you. Don't go. Please. I need you to help me. Otherwise something terrible will happen. I know it will," she said. "I can't believe I'm even considering this. What do you need my help with?" Bore said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:30 am

"You remember that... thing with the tentacles?" Molly said. "When I saved you from being raped to death by the creature you'd summoned?" Bore said. "Yes, that. Well, afterwards I haven't been able to use my magic. Every time I try I freeze up." "I can't imagine why." "I need you to help me fix that," she said. "You want me to be your bodyguard while you camwhore yourself out to tentacle monsters? Yeah, that's not happening." "No, nothing like that. I just have this feeling that if I practice on you, I'll be able to get over this." "So you want me to be a Defiler's stunt double? That's not insulting or anything," he said. "No, but... you're scary, but not really dangerous. I just know this will work. Please? I'm desperate. I'll do... anything... to get my magic back." "I know I'm going to regret this. And if you try to open that portal, we are going to have words afterwards, do you understand." "Oh thank you. Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me," she said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628075449-1

"Whatever, let's get this over with. What are you doing?" he said.

https://ibb.co/547jtCW

"Getting undressed? It's supposed to be Ceremonial Magic, you don't do that dressed. Well, maybe some lingerie sometimes, or some toys. But I didn't bring anything like that today," Molly said. "You know what, I give up. I'm just going to sit here and enjoy the show," Bore said. "Do you like what you see?"

https://ibb.co/6w9fVBv

"Very nice," he said. "Much better than that flat chested princess, right?" she said. "Possibly. Now bend and spread for me."

https://ibb.co/7bjhBwQ

"Like this?" she said. "Yes... wait. What's happening," he said.
It felt like something was pulling at Bore's magic. It was almost as if it formed a conduit out of the circle. In irritation Bore summoned his magic. A joker helped him put down a 4 of a kind, sending a large amount of magic into the link. Molly's eyes rolled up, and she dropped wordlessly to the floor, like a doll with its strings cut. Bore jumped out of the chair to go check on her."
"Molly? Molly! Are you alive?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:15 am

"I'm awake, mommy... You can turn off the alarm." "What on earth are you talkinmg about? Snap out of it, Molly," he said. "Bore? What happened? Where am I? Oh, I remember. Jesus Christ." "What happened?" "I think you paid. Through the circle. God my stomach won't stop spasming, it was like a thousand orgasms simultaneously," she said. "Glad you enjoyed it."

https://ibb.co/LrkFrXP

"You have no idea. Normally, getting magic from a circle... it's like drinking stagnant water. Through a straw. From an almostempty glass," Molly said. "And this?" Bore said. "Like a firehose of champagne. Christ, that was good. I've never felt so full of magic before... I didn't even know I could hold this much." "I really don't think you should be getting used to this, Molly. I'm not going to be around to supply you with energy every time you feel the itch." "How much energy did I take? Are you drained?" she wondred. "Not more than a round or two of poker. I could do this all day."

https://ibb.co/L8GhVVc

"Christ. I guess I knew that Evokers were stronger than normal mages, but... this is more Magic than I've ever felt, and it's nothing to you?" Molly said. "I guess we use a lot of energy when fighting," Bore said. "I need to think about this. There got to be a way to get something out of this." "Find some other Evoker to help you?" "Evokers hate us, remember. That's probably why nobody's tried this before," she said. "How about Katie?" "Very fucking funny. Yeah, can you imagine that conversation? Hey, Katie I want you to give me multiple screaming orgasms as you fill me up with your magic. Pretty please?" Yeah, maybe not. How about Torman?" he said. "That's the viking.looking dure that's teaching you and Katie? Something tells me that'd be a bad idea, he scares me." "He's a little rough around the edge, but he's a nice guy." "I'll come up with something. I know I can," Molly said. "Well, good luck. Don't do anything stupid with the magic I gave you." "Yeah. I better get dressed and cleaned up." "See you later," he said.
"I think even by the rather generous standards of this course, that's got to be the weirdest piece of homework I've ever done. And Molly does this regularly? For monsters from Elsewhere? Crazy. Smoking hot. But crazy. Ah, well. Let's see what else we can find."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628080009-1

"Hey, Bore. What have you got for me?" Chloe said. "I found something... curious, while on the paths," he said. "Let me have a look at that. Oh, that's exellent news." "What is it?" "These are special ingredients. We need normal ingredients to brew potions, but these babies allow us to extract new flavors. More flavors, more potion types, and so more customers," she said. "So that's a good thing, I guess." "Oh, yes. Word's already going around. We're gonna get busy." "So you're going to need me in the pub more often?" Bore said. "Now hand over those ingreadients." "I've only got one, so far." "Not to worry, it's all welcome. Here, this should help you out a bit," Chloe said.
She paid Bore £50.
"So where do we stand with the Crowley Upgrade project now?" he wondered. "We're finally getting started. Rumours are starting to spread about our plans, and the Magical community is starting to gather," she said. "Swesome." "Ready for the night shift?" "Definitely. Let's go," Bore said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:09 am

Bore settles to work, pulling pints and serving customers. While there's a lot more teeth and horns on display than during the day, the crowd is largely quiet. They tip better, as well. The pub has a comfortable noise; Battlemages are arguing with each other in one corner, playing some kind of complicated poker-game. Toe Orcs are desperately trying to convince a third, who Bore thinks is probably female, to go home with them. The room suddenly goes silent as a slim figure steps into the room.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628080147-1

She's about 5'10, with the slender build and pointed ears of a full-blooded Fae. Bright green eyes dance ike emeralds in a heart-shaped face.
"She's gorgeous."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628080134-1

"She is trouble. I have no idea what a Fae lady is doing here, but I expect you to be on your best behavior. No flirting. Unless she flirts first, in which case I expect you to outdo Casanova. Do we understand each other?" "Relax, Chloe. It's a cute Fae girl. Why is evertone freaking out?" Bore said. "Because they're smarter than you? That's a Fae Lady. A Power. The Lords and Ladies are not to be trifled with. But fudge knows why one is slumming in our pub," she said. "How mant Lors and Ladies are there?" "Absolutely no idea. And don't ask, they don't welcome inquisiveness. On pain of excruiciating pain. Magic runs strongly throughout the Fae, and among the Nobility especially. There's too bloody many Powers among them, but each one is a prickly pain in their own special way. Now go serve her." "Yes, boss."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628080231-1

"Greetings, publican. I would like a pint of your finest ale, and a table for one." "What kind of beer would you like? We're a CAMRA LocAle pub, there's a range of temporary guest beers, and then there's our various special drinks with MagePunk," Bore said. "And which one is your best, publican? One woul assume that was a easy question," she said. "No, I always find the Yes and No ones are the easy ones. We don't serve bad beer, every drink on tap, bottle or flask in the bar is there because it's the best you can get of something." "Your employer is frantically signalling to you, incidentally. What is that throat-slitting gesture meant to imply?" "Shut up, I hope. It could also be I want to kill you, I guess. How did you know, she's behind you?" he said. "Why would that hinder me? When our local contact recommended this pub as a place to see the human nightlife, this is not what I had i mind. What is your name, Evoker?" "I'm Bore. And you? Come now, you wanted to visit the human world. This is how we do it here, I give you my name, and you give me yours." "What a quaint concept, to just hand out one's name like that. But you interest me, little Evoker, so I shall give you my name," Aoife said. "It's a beautuíful name, milady. Here, let me escort you to your table." "Thank you. And for the drink, what would you recommend?" "I just brought back some magical Cloudberries from Elsewhere, the Brewmaster at MagePunk claims the resulting brew is the best he's ever made, and that he can now happily retire. But it's not exactly the first time he's said that," he said. "That sounds intriguing, Bore. Here, get me one and one for yourself," she said.
Aoife gave Bore a tip of £100.
"Coming right up," he said.
"What the hell did I tell you, Bore, about arguing with an extremely touchy Poer in my extremly flammable pub? You'd be better of taking a sledgehammer to a nuke, at least those things have built-in safeties," Chloe said. "Oh don't worry so much, Aoife's nice. And an exellent tipper. Where's the Cloudberry potions we just got?" he said. "Over by the fridge. Just be damned careful, Bore. she seems friendly, but Powers like playing games." "Not to worry!" he said.
"Thank you, Bore. You seem... familiar. Tell me, do you have family at the Court?" Aoife said. "The Cour in Exile? Not that I know of," he said. "No, of course not. I was talking about Tir na nÒg, not those upstarts. There is... something... familiar about your face." "Never been. But Chloe thought my Father was one of the Tuathe Dè Danann. I guess they're associated with Tir na nÒg, somehow?" "This is actually surprisingly nice. Better than I'd expected to find, in the old world. And yes, we of the Tuatha are... associated with the Court. Your eyes fit, though there's too much human influence to nail it down further. Who was your mother?" Aoife said. "Nobody magical, if that's what you're asking. Chloe says she was a normie, and I assume she'd know." "Yes. I would assume she would. Ialways found it strange that there are no sorceresses among the Fae. Though they are ever a blade likely to twist in your hand." "I guess that's a valid worry for any blade sharp enough," he said. "Indeed. This has been... emlightening, Bore. And now I know there is at least one Glade of civilization in this city. I have reason to come here from time to time, I shall see you again. Farewell, little Evoker. May your strength ever be equal to your task." "Thank you, Aoife. May you ever be safe in my home." "You should not make promises you cannot keep, Bore. But I thank you for the sentiment. Farewell," she said. "Bye, Aoife. I'll see you again."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:00 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628080359-1

"Well... that could have gone worse." "Not to worry, Chloe. You know how smooth I am with the ladies," he said. "I know exactly how smooth you are. Which is why I was expecting her to burn down the pub, with both of us in it. Anyway, she's gone. Any landing you can walk away from is a good one, I guess. I'm going to grab a bottle of Yamazaki, and chill in bed. See you tomorrow, Bore." "Night, Chloe."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628080536-1

"Let's see. What do I want to search for? I wanted a toy for Jenny. Some kind of remote controlled vibrator would make for an interesting first test case. Let's try searching for remote controlled vibrator. Oh, look. DeNile has free 24 hour shipping on it. £100. Seriously, this is one expensive country. Well. I'm sure it'll be worth it. I'll ship it to the Crowley. I should check with Chloe about it tomorrow. All we do now is wait."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628080649-1

"Hey, Bore. You've got a package delivery." "Oh, thanks Chloe." "Who's the vibrator for?" she said. "Wait, you opened it?" "It looks a bit too big for Emily. You've got to work your way up to these things." "It's not for... Oh, never mind. It's not, okay," he said. "If you say so." "Goodbye, Chloe."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628080747-1

"Let's see, remote controlled electric vibrator. I wonder where the controller is. Oh, look. It pairs with my phone over Bluetooth. Isn't technology a wonderful thing. Now to try it on Jenny. Let's see... I need to write something for her to do. She dreams of submission and obeying. From today you will wer this when you're at the Cafè. Do not remove it while at work, or permit yourself to orgasm, until I give you permission. That should do it, now let's see if this black rose trick really works. Let's go."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:00 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628081820-1

"Hey, Bore. We've got a problem," Chloe said. "That's my Evoker teacher. I'm so not going to bounce him out of the bar," he said. "I don't think you need to bounce him yet, but could you do me a favor and keep him company? Make sure he doesn't destroy anyone valuable?" "Yeah, I guess."
"Vi skålar för våra vänner, och dem som vi känner, och de som vi inte känner, dem skiter vi i! Skål! Ah. Bore. Good to see you. I just came in from Elsewhere, figured I'd spend some time here at my favorite little watering hole," Torman said. "What were you singing?" bore wondered. "Oh, it's just a Swesish drinking song I picked up, many years ago. Fun people, the Swedes. Get me another drink, would you, Bore?" "are you sure..." "Oh, don't be a spoilsport. Get me another drink, and sit down," Torman said. "Oh, why not. Just promise not to set fire to anyone while you're here." "Of course not, Bore, what do you take me for. I almost never use fire. Lightning is more my style." "Well, could you please not electrocute anyone while you're here, then. It's bad for business," Bore said. "You're no damned fun. But okay, so I swear. Now get me that damned drink, and make it a double," Torman said. "One moment."
"What are you doing back here, Bore? Didn't I tell you to keep the walking thunderstorm busy and happy?" Chloe said. "He wants another drink. Do you want to cut him off?" Bore said. "Gods, no." "Then get him a double, and get a glass for me as well. He doesn't look like a man that should be drinking alone."
"Vi skiter i våra vänner, och dem vi känner, och de som vi inte känner, dem skålar vi för! Hej skål! Ah, thank you Bore. I knew there was a reason you're my second favorite student this year," Torman said. "That's high praise, considering there's only two of us. Cheers, Torman," Bore said. "Skål!" "So what brings you here?" "Chloe is well known in certain circles, of course. And there are rumours that something really interesting is about to come out of her collaboration with MagePunk. So I'm just staking my seat here early," Torman said. "Sounds good. Another drink?" "Nah, I've still got business to do tonight. Just came by to moisten the throat, as it were. I'll see you in class, kid." "See you, Torman," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628085900-1

"What can I get you, Bore?" "I wouldn't mind something a bit smoother this time. How about the Sumatran beans?" he said. "Sure. Milk?" she asked. "I'll have it american. I mean americano. Just put some water in it." "Okay, that'll be £5." "There you go," Bore said.
"Let's see... did I bring anything to read to go with my coffee? Time to check if the Black Rose works."
Bore waits for a while, nursing his coffee until Jenny goes to the storage to pick up something. Then he slips up to the counter, puts down the note, the vibrator, placing the Black Rose on top of them, and returns to his seat.
"This should be interesting."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:56 am

Jenny returns. When she sees the Black Rose she stops as if running into a wall.
"Well, she appears to recognize it, at least."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628090039-1

She stares uncertainly at the vibrator, her face a complex mixture of fear and lust. Then, realising she's standing in the cafè holding a sex toy she blushes, and quickly hides it.
"Let's come back another day, and see if she is ready for this. Let's finish the coffee, and move on. Good luck, Jenny."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628090110-1

"Hey, Bore. How's it hanging?" "Hey, Katie! What are you doing here?" he said. "Ah'm looking for one of mah cousins. Just came off the train from Galashiels." "You've been drinking?" "Only a pint or three. Train was late, so Ah was stuck waiting in the pub," Katie said. "If it had any impact on you, thsat's got to be pints of undiluted whisky."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628090159-1

"Coppertop!" Huh?" "Ass sniffer! Yer late, ya wee blighter," Katie said. "What did you just call her?"he said. "Bore, Ah've got to introduce my favorite cousin, Moibeal Hume." "Good to meet you, Moibeal." "Oh, huck off Katie. Ain't nobody calling me Moibeal, 'cept my mum. And even then only when she's pissed off at me. Call me Bella," she said. "Will do," he said. "Betta used to spend summers up with the Clan in Bellanoch. She can armwrestle a bear, or drink it under the table. And when she gets really exited she makes little barking noises. Maybe Ah'll show you," Katie said. "Okay?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628090301-1

Taking a firm grip of Bella's ass, Katie drags her into a fierce kiss. Halfway through it, her eyes open and lock with Bore's, her hands massaging Bella's butt. Bella doesn't seem to mind, enthusiastically kissing back.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628090314-1

"Good to see you, cuz. Are you trying to make the lad jealous, or give him some aspirations? Pleasure to meet you, Bore," Bella said. "Perhaps I should leave you guys to enjoy yourselves?" he said. "Nah, i've seen this before. She's putting up this show for you, not me. Ain't that right, Katie? Though I don't mind a good snogging now and then. Or a threesome, for that matter." "Well, in that case, don't mind me. I'll just enjoy the sight." "Normally I'd love to join you guys, but we're here for the Family Council, Katie. Or have you forgotten?" Bella said. "Family Council?" "Ah feck. Nae, Ah ain't forgetting. Mah Uncle is calling the Clan together. A full Gathering. Hasn't been done since my Pa died. Everyone will be there, the Maclachlans, the Humes, the MacDonalds. Everyone," Katie said. "All Evokers? I don't sense a Spark from Bella," Bore said. "I ain't a mage, Bore. Some of us have to get physical if we want to tear a Defiler limb from limb. Unlike you poncy magic users," Bella said. "So you're saying that you could rip the arms off a Defiler? I find that... hard... to imagine." "Oh, she could do that without even Changing. Never grapple a werewolf, they'd rip you apart," Katie said. "Werewolf? Really? You don't seem anywhere near furry enough." "Who says I don't shave my legs? But Katie's right, I'm a Hunter. The Pack is on its way for the Gathering, I'm just here a couple of days early as the advance party. Get the airBnB set up, stock up plenty of booze and some crackers. The essentials, ken?" Bella said. "So you're Katie's cousin?" "Sorta? My great-great-great-great-grandma was you... gran's sister? Something like that. Everyone in the Clan is some kind of cousin. Usually several different ways." "So you're just here for the event?" "The Gathering. And no, I'll be doing some time up at the Castle afterwards. The Squad's always got a couple of Hunters in the mix, and it's my turn to put in the hour. We'll run into each other again," she said. "What exactly does a Hunter do?" "Whatever needs doing. Tracking. Scouting. Killin'. Sometimes protecting some squishy VIP, though that fuckin' sucks." "VIPs like Evokers?" Bore wondered. "Nah, you guys are quite capable of taking care of yourself. Only time you see Hunter escorts for Evokers is at war, and we ain't had Magical war since 1945. Nobody wants to uncork that genie again." "Yeah. Hopefully I'll see you again." "Oh, yeah. I'm sure Katie hasn't given up on her threesome dreams. Again. I still remember her dragging me to this dodgy club in Glasgow, 'cause she had the hots for the singer plying there. Fun night, that," Bella said. "I'd love to hear more." "Look, Bore. I'd like to stay and chat, but I've got to report in at the Castle, then get shit set up with the house. How about we meet up for a drink, once the Gathering winds down?" "Sure. Just message me. Katie has the email. If she can remember," he said. "Oh, this is nothing. You should have seen that time we got into her Gran's cellar, we must have been... 12? Something like that. We ended up pased out on the floor after trying her Gran's moonshine. Got such a thrashing the next day." "I can imagine." "Katie. Time to go. This ain't getting any esier by procrastinating. We've got an event to plan. Se ya around, Bore," Bella said. "See you"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:36 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628090654-1

"Thanks to you, Bore, we're finally ready for our first real expansion!" Chloe said. "Oh?" We're getting a lot more nocturnal visitors these days, I think it's finally time to start extending our night-time opening hours." "That's nice, I guess," he said. "Oh, it's more than nice. But it means your lazy ass is going to have to start pulling some hours at night. Trust me, the visitors that show up late pay well, but leave claw marks if you're not careful." "So I should be expecting trouble?" "Yeah. If I start getting visitors from the Deep Elsewhere, or the Unseelie Fae, we may finally start needing an Evoker bouncer to keep order," she said. "What do you mean with the Deep Elsewhere?" "Elsewhere close to our world tends to be human-shaped. The Court in Exile is human, mostly. The Fae were humans, once, though saying that out loud near one might lose you your ears. But life fills every niche, and there are creature native yo Elsewhere." "Such as?" Bore said. "Oh, mostly the kind of things you've been killing in Elsewhere. Random monsters and whatnots. But there are sentients in the Deep as well. Schwartalfs, of course. And others. You'll recognize them by the eyes, the Trueborn of Elsewhere all have metallic eyes." "That's pretty distinct." "Yeah. Just be careful. The Trueborn aren't pushovers like the local monsters you've been fighting. They live long lives, and some are as powerful as Gods in their own right," Chloe said. "How will I know which ones to be careful about?" "You don't. So be careful of all of them. They have a peculiar sense of humor, and are twitchy as a virgin in a whorehouse about their honor." "And the Unseelie?" he said. "The Fae you've been dealing with so far are mostly the Seelie Court. Emily's mother, for example. They're somewhat benign, and retain links to humanity. The Unseelie... well, sometimes if you stare into the Deep, the Deep will stare back. The Unseelie Court is far less human." "Are they evil?" "An unhelpful distinction to make. Life is rarely good or evil. Life is. But the Unseelie are more primal. Easier to anger, and in many ways closer to the Trueborn than to our world," she said. "So I can now work at night. Should I be expecting to fight monsters?" "Hopefully not. I'm paying you to protect the customers, not set them on fire. But sometimes you may need to be forceful." "With creatures that may or may not be as powerful as Gods. Thanks, Chloe," Bore said. "It's no different than any normal bouncer, they've got to worry about a drunken customer pulling a knife..." "... I have to worry about them pulling a magic sword." "Hopefully not. I'd be more worried about claws. Possibly tentacles," Chloe said. "Gee, thanks." "It's not that different from your Evening sessions. Just make sure you're smart enough to handle the clever ones, strong enough to handle the bullies and smooth enough to handle the ladies. You should be fine." "I guess I'd better hit the books, huh," he said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628090923-1Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628090952-1

"Oh, I'm so glad you called, Bore. How have you been?" "I'm doing great, mom," he said. "I'm actually just about to head out to the clinic, but it's great that you called." "I love you too, mom. I just wanted to give you a buzz before going to sleep." "Good night, Bore. Sleep tight, and stay safe. I love you," she said. "I love you too, mom."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:25 am

"I need to hea back to the University. Maybe Emily's returned, And I've got a class with Torman and Katie."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628091114-1

"Morning, Bore. How're you feeling?" Katie said. "I haven't had anywhere near enough coffee to deal with you being so chipper in the morning. What gives?" he said. "Aye. Well, you ken... sometimes shit just seems to go right, for once. Like finally it all comes together, and makes sense." "Well, it's good that someone's having a good time." "Wait. Bore. Do you see those two?" she said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628091141-1

"Yeah? The tall one has quite extraordinary eyes. And a smoking body, those poor jeans must be painted on," Bore said. "You really are completely fecking blind, aren't you? Look." "I guess you're right. The short one is really kinda cute as well. If it was a Japanese drama, she'd probably be the one from a rich and prestigious family." "It's a Glamour you daft cunt. Look with your Sight, not wit yer fecking eyes," Katie said. "With my... Sight? How the hell do I do that?" "Didnae aanyone teach you this stuff?" "No. I've been here for 4 weeks so far, and while I've had zoology, history and some really intesive SexEd, nobody's taught me any actual magic," he said. "This is dead simple. Just... focus on your eyes. And channel a little bit of power into them. Then look again." "Okay... so. Focus. Look. And Power?" "Aye. Like that," she said.
Bore lays down a pair and channels the energy to his eyes. The world changes, hidden things suddenly becoming clear and...

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628091310-1

"Nononono, not so much power! Feck. Yer as subtle as an air-raid siren," Katie said. "Oops?" "Something burned through my Glamour, Hime-sama; assassins! Get behind me, and be ready to run, they are both Evokers." "Err... hi?" Bore said. "I don't think that will be necessary, Kitsune-kun. I believe they are likely students. This is a school for magic, after all." "Sorry to scare you, girls. Katie was trying to teach me how to use my Sight," he said. "Aye, and a fine job ye did of it too, numbskull," she said. "Sorry. Next time try to be a little clearer on how much magic I should be using."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628091419-1

"May I be so prsumptious to ask... are you a Maclachlan?" Akane said. "What gave it away, the hair or the temper?" he said. "Shut up, Bore. Aye, so I am. And you?" Katie said. "And how do you know Katie?" Bore said. "I am here representing the interests of the Katashi Clan. This is my associate, Hakone no Kitsune. I believe I am meeting with the Maclachlan Clan later today," Akane said. "Nice to meet you. What brings you here?" he said. "Something happened here, last week. Something that resonated across the worls, disturbing the Clan Seers. I have been dispatched to investigate, and discuss with our allies." "Ah..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:39 am

"I didn't feel anything, except maybe a bit of a headache. But Evokers aren't really sensitive. How about you, Bore?" Katie said. "No, I stayed in my room playing... games. I didn't see any Glade. I mean, I didn't see anything," he said. "You're the worst liar ever. We'll talk about this later," she said. "So you're here to check out the Confluence, Akane? And what does Miss Kitsune do?" "I kill things for her," she said. "Stop joking like that, Kitsune-kun. She is my bodyguard. Sadly, the World of Magic can be a dangerous one," Akane said. "Indeed."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628091605-1

"Hi, Bore, Katie. Ready for class?" Torman said. "We were just on our way to see you," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628091625-1

"Akane RUN! There is no way I can hold him. Flee, tell my grandmother!" Kitsune said. "What the..." "You are very far from your mountain, little fox. Now put that sword away before you make me angry," Torman said. "Torman, what's going on?" Bore said. "I humbly apologize for the actions of my subordinate, Lord... Torman. It is the first time she has met one of you, she means no offense. Kitsune, sheathe your sword. Slowly," Akane said. "Katie, is this making sense to you?" Bore said. "Somewhat. But you have your secrets, and I have mine," she said. "Maybe I show you mine, and you show me yours?" "Aye, we could do that. But enough talk about sex." "Torman, we should probably head for class?" he said. "Sorry, Bore. Meeting Lord Katashi's representative will have to take priority. Here's a homework assignment, go head into Elsewhere and kill something. Tell me about it next week." "I guess." "I aplologize for the inconvenience, mister...?" Akane said. "Bore. And the red-head is Katie Maclachlan. Pleased to meet you." "As am I. Bore-dono, Katie-dono. I suspect we shall meet again." "See you," Bore said.
"Ah, well... if all lessons were so quick. I'll see you later, Bore." "Wait. Katie. What the hell is going on?" he said. "Family secret, Bore. And it's not as if you're not keeping secrets, now is it. Where's Emily, for example?" "I wish I could tell you, Katie, but I really can't." "My point. Maybe when you can trust me with your secrets, I will trust you with mine. I'll see you in the gym, Bore. Don't be a stranger," she said. "God dammit."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:15 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628091830-1

"Hey, Bore. Good to see you again." "Hi, Bella. Getting all settled in here?" he said. "Aye, always good to meet up with the Squad. Used to train with some of the other Hunters, and of course Katie's brother. And you?" "Well, keeping busy. There's lectures, homework... monsters to slay." "Yeah, Katie mentioned the portal. If ye ever need some muscle along for the ride, just give me a buzz. Training reqs say I need to log at least 50 hours a month on the Paths, might as well go with friends," she said. "What training reqs?" "Training requirements? I'm not militia, like you. Her Majesty's goverment pays me... not well, admittedly, but she does pay me for my services, and in return has all kinds of expectations." "So you're regular army?" Bore said. "Ain't nothin' regular about me. but no, I'm Pack, and Clan. Ain't no space for divided loyalty in the Army, and ain't no way to separate a werewolf from its Pack. At least nae without getting badly bitten." "So what does that make you?" "Drop dead gorgeous? But as far as the Army is concerned, I'm a Thaumaturgically Enhanced Auxiliary. Means I get to sleep at home, but the army still gets to tell me what to do when I'm on duty. And in this case, that means two hours of running on the Paths before breakfast. Keeps me lean and mean," Bella said. "I'd love to have you along. So, I just give you a call when we're ready to go?" "Aye. Shouldn't be a problem, I'll clear it with my CO. Who just happens to be Katie's brother." "Awesome. I look forward to it," he said. "Before I forget, I'm meeting up with Katie for a quick sparring session and a few drinks tonight. Why don't you join us?" "I thought you were too strong to fight hand-to-hand." "Well, we both go easy. I don't spar at full strength, and she does nae try to set me on fire," she said. "Probably for the best." "It ain't impossible to land a punch on an enemy Evoker, the trick is to make sure they're not still alive afterwards. Otherwise, you're toast. Quite literally, if you're dealing with Katie." "So that's why you guys acts as escorts for Evokers during war?" Bore said. "Mostly, yeah. Make sure nothing gets a drop on you, take care of the small fry so you can deal with the big boys." "Look forward to seeing it." "Aye, just give me a shout, I'd be happy for the practice. Now, don't forget tonight, at the gym for a couple of drinks. It'll be fun," Bella said. "Wouldn't want to miss it."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628092110-1

"What can I get you, Bore?" Jenny said. "I want something a bit more bitter. Can you get me the Columbian beans?" he said. "Sure. Milk?" "I need to watch my weight. Let's do skimmed milk." "Will do. How do you want it?" she said. "Let's do it Macciato style, just a tiny bit of milk for me." "Okay, that'll be £5." "There you go," he said.
Bore examines Jenny at work. She's walking a little tentatively, clearly not quite used to the vibrator yet.
"Let's see if it works."
Bore opens up the app and triggers a low buzz on the vibrator. Luckily Jenny is sitting down, but even so she nearly falls off her chair. She frantically looks around, trying to work out if anyone saw it.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628092204-1

"Let's see what else wecan do."
Bore leaves it off until she's busy serving a customer, then as she accepts the money he triggers the app again. Her eyes close, and she leans heavily on the counter. Then she smiles at the customer and returns the change.
"That's quite impressive, actually. I wonder if she could do the same with a higher intensity."
Bore continues to sip his coffee, occasionally playing with the app. Jenny's face is flustered, and her breathing irregular. Eventually he takes pity on her, and calls her over.
"Hey, Jenny. You look exhausted. Why don't you sit down a little?" "It... it's you, isn't it? My dreams. The rose. All this?" she said. "Maybe?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:42 pm

"When I first saw you I didn't believe it. But you've changed. You seem stronger. More intense. More like the dreams," Jenny said
Bore flicks the app, causing the vibrator to give a strong burst. Janny's eyes close, her breath catching. Before it pushes her over the edge he turns it off. A shiver, and a look of disappointment cross her face.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628092324-1

"In your dreams, what do you call me? I asked you a question, Jenny," Bore said. "My Lord. I call you My Lord," she said. "From now on, when we're alone, I want you to call me My Lord. Understand?" "Yes, My Lord. Please, My Lord... can I be allowed to orgasm? Please?" I'll need to check that the vibrator is in first," he said. "It is in. My Lord, you know it is in. Please?" "Show me." "What do you mean?" Jenny said. "i mean, pull down your pants and show me." "Here? But... but... someone could come in any time." "Yes. Exiting, isn't it? Are you saying you won't do it?" he said. "No! No, My Lord. I just... oh God, okay... I'll do it."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628092433-1

"Bend over and show me," Bore said. "Just... please, if anyone comes in," Jenny said. "Yes, I'll let you know. Probably. Don't stop."

https://ibb.co/BCH0R5L

"Like this?" "Good. Exellent, Jenny. Now bend over, and show me the vibrator," Bore said.

https://ibb.co/t4gMLVS

"Yes, My Lord." "Very nice. Now let me just check that it's working."

https://ibb.co/8rZ6PqQ

Bore rest his hand on the haft of the vibrator, Jenny's entire body shivering when she feels his thumb caressing her labia. Bore turns the vibrator to the lowest setting.
"Tell me how you feel," he said.
"Exposed! Scared, horny. Please, My Lord, someone could come in any moment. I need this... will you let me cum?" she said. "Sure."

https://ibb.co/WxMW4Pz

Bore turns the intensitu up to max, while still massaging her vulva. Jenny quickly reaches orgasm, screaming in pleasure as her body pushes against his hand.
"I'm pretty sure they heard that outside. No, don't move, I'll let you know when you can get up," he said. "My Lord... please. Can we do this again?" she said. "Sure. But I need to find another rose first." "My Lord, there's really no need now..." "Yes, there is. Those are our rules. And in return, you will do anything I tell you. Anything at all, isn't that so," Bore said. "Yes, My Lord. Anything at all." "Exellent. Okay, I think I hear someone at the door, get dressed, I'll cover for you." "Oh God. Please," Jenny said. "False alarm. But you should probably get dressed, we wouldn't want anyone else to see you like this." "Yes, My Lord." At least not yet. Okay, my coffee's done. I'll see you later, Jenny," he said. "Yes, My Lord." "Bye."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:31 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628092732-1

The night-time crowd feels different than the day-time one. Less human, for one. And even for Elsewhere, there's a wilder flavor to the visitors. Two creatures are facing off in the back of the pub. One of them could be passed for human, as long as she was wearing shades. The light copper shimmer of her eyes betrays her as something very different, and likely far older. The other creature is almost thrice her size, but still acting deferential and worried. Which is a warning sign; Bog Trolls don't scare easily.
"Be very careful, Bore. That's a Pùca. Hired muscle for one of the Fae Powers. God knows what she's doing here, but try not to antagonize her," Chloe said. "Pùca? What are those?" he said. "Shapeshifters, out of the Deep. Most of them connected to the Fae Courts these days, but... well, predators make por pets at the best of times." "Hey, cats are predators, they make great pets." "A cat would make a very poor choice of pet for a mouse, Bore. The Fae have taken the worst edges off them, but the Pùca are only a missed meal or two away from savagery," she said. "And one's drinking in our pub." "Indeed. One hopes she's eaten recently." "She looks human. Or at least Fae," he said. "She's a shapeshifter. she could look like Marilyn Monroe if she wanted. Except the eyes. The eyes never hange." "Indeed. The eyes." "Stop being cute, Bore, and go stop that Deep Elsewhere killer from carving up a poor innocent Bog Troll in my pub," Chloe said.
Bore helps the Bog Troll escape with its life, though not its dignity, out the back door. It slips him a £50 note on the way out as thanks.
"Okay, Bore, we're closing for the night. Thanks for the good work, and I'll see you tomorrow." "Night, Chloe."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628092944-1

"Damn, I'm tired. Working the night shift is far more nerve-wracking than the day-shift."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628093130-1

The party settles in to rest and recover.
"Bella, I've a question for you." "Yes, Bore?" she said. "You run these paths quite often, right?" he said. "Aye, I guess I know the paths around here as wll as anyone. Though they always shift, when you're not watching. Why?" "I was just hoping to find some short-cuts, explore more efficiently." "Well, you lot ain't Military... I wouldn't want to push you too hard. But there's a short-cut up ahead, we could take that, vut back onto a different path?" she said. "Sounds good. Thanks Bella."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628094625-1

Bore sees a young wood sprite with her face buried in a cocktail glass bigger than her torso. He can hear what sounds like sobbing noises from inside. Bore's heard of crawling into a bottle before, but she's the first person he's seen taking it literally.
"Miss, can I help you?"
The wood sprite ignores Bore, bending further into the cocktail glass to continue drinking. Her perfectly shaped behind, sticking out as she bends into the glass, wriggling occasionally as she slurps away at what he's sure is a frozen marharita. About halfway through the glass she stops wriggling, and Bore gently extracts her sleeping form from the glass before she drowns in the cocktail.
"WEll, that could have gone better, but I guess ut could have gone worse," Chloe said. "Yeah. I'll let her sleep it off behind the bar. Poor thing," Bore said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:32 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628094755-1

"Greetings, Evoker. Just a round of the Amber ale for my squad," he said. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but that hair looks familiar." "You're probably thinking of my sister, Katie, right?" "Ineed, she's a good friend of mine. I'm Bore." "I know, she told me. Also told me this is the best pub in Edinburgh. She'd know, I think she's been to all of them. Captain Keith Maclachlan, Special Mage Service, good to finally meet you Bore." "Is Bella with you?" Bore asked. "Nah, this is just those of us that are off-duty tonight. The Ready Team sleep near the chopper. And I meant what I said; we're off duty, but if you need any force escalation..." "Let's try to avoid that. Chloe takes it out of my salarary if I break any customers." "Always a problem in the service industry, I guess. Anyway, we're here if you ever need us," he said. "Good to know, thanks Keith."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628100538-1

"Hey, Bore. What are you doing here?" "Evening, Olivia. Are you here searching for the super-natural?" he said. "No. I'm close to giving up. No matter where I look, I just can't find any true mages or anything. At this rate, my thesis will be a failure." "Why don't you interview a sorceress? Chloe, for example?" "And where would I find someone like that? I've never heard of a Chloe up at the University," she said. "You could try ordering a beer?" "Yeah, you're right. If I can't find any magical creature, I can at least get drunk." "There's magic all around you, you just need to open your mind. Look, see that Cù sìth over there? It's got a tail, and everything," he said. "Do you think I'm that gullible? I recognize that butt plug from like 20 porn movies. Fucking furries, they're everywhere." "Wait, if you've been watching at least 20 movies with furry porn, doesn't that make you...?" "As I was saying, I've been researching this and reading about it for years. Do you really think I'd miss something that obvious?" Olivia said. "Liely not. Would you like a drink? Chloe, customer for you!" "Welcome to the Crowley," she said. "This pub serves the best spirits in town," Bore said. "Give me a double Macallan, on the rocks," Olivia said. "I'm sure you'll find the right person to ask some day," he said. "What curious eye that woman had. Well, not important. Tomorrow I will hit the books again. I'm certain the clue to understanding the Magical world lies in those books," Olivia said. "Well, good luck. I'm sure you'll need it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:48 pm

A dip in the volume in the pub is all the warning you need to know someone powerful has arrived at the door. Sometimes that's a good thing, other times not.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628100915-1

"Lady Aoife, a pleasure to see you again. Here, let me get you a table." "Thank you, Bore. I had a meeting in your world, and decided to come here for a drink. Both our worlds are echoing to the repercussions of the recent Confluence. I fear I will spend more time here, going forward," she said. "The lood of your Court, but our gain," he said. "Ever the charmer. Your Cloudberry wine was delicious last time, what do you recommend for me now?" "We just got in some nice Elderflower Cider. It's not magical, but it's become really popular. Especially with the ladies." "Do you get a lot of Ladies here? It seems this establishment is moving up in the world," Aoife said. "None like you, milady." "That sounds intriguing. Get me a small glass, would you." "Of course, milady," Bore said.

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628100955-1

"Hi, Bore. The Fae Lady is happy?" Chloe said. "Seems like it. I think she's found a new favorite place in our world," he said. "I guess we are both doomed to live in interesting times. Okay, that's her order. Now go keep her company before some idiot Orc screws up badly enough that she chooses to notice." "Will do."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628101015-1

"Lady Aoife. What brings you to Edinburgh? Is Lady Keira with you?" "Evening, Keith. I didn't know you knew Lady Aoife." "Hi, Bore. Yeah, we... met a few years ago, in Elsewhere. We were fortunate enough to help her Ladyship and her cousin, Lady Keira, with a small encounter," he said. "Yeah, those happen." "You know better than that, Keith. There is no way Keira could come here, of all places. It would cause a scandal. More of a scandal, rather, I should say. I still cannot believe you thought your actions last time were a good idea," Aoife said. "Romance trouble, I assume?" "Know your place, publican. The Affairs of the Fae is none of your business. Nor is it the business of a common human soldier." "Ah," Bore said. "Keith. I am sorry. And thankful for your help with that... incident. But Keira is not for you. She is a Noble. And you are a common soldier. A servant of a fake Queen, from a ragtag clan of mongrels. You will only break your heart if you persist." "And does Keira get a vote in this?"
Lady Aoife's eyes began to glow...
"Silence. Do not make me say this thrice, Bore, or we shall both regret it. This involves Tuatha honour, and the Clan. Our hearts are not our own, to blindly follow wherever our emotions lead. And Keira does not need to be constantly reminded of something that can never be," she said. "I happen to believe in romance. And in Love," he said. "Evokers. I swear you are all mad." "I've heard that before, milady. Here, I brought your drink. Would you like something, Keith?" "Just... tell her for me, Lady Aoife. Please. She is always in my mind. If she ever needs anything. Any help. Let me know?" he said. "That sucks," Bore said. "Keith, this will break your heart if you persist. And hers. My advice is you forget her, find someone else. There is no time or place where the two of you will be together," she said. "That's kinda harsh, isn't it?" "Sometimes being kind is miost unkind. To both of them. But... I owe you this boon, and so I wil give her your words. But this road does not lea anywhere good. For either of you." "True love will overcome, Aoife. One day I hope you'll expecience it," Bore said. "Perhaps. The drink was exceptional, as expected. Thank you, publican. Farewell, Keith. I will bring her your words, but I have to advice you it is a lost cause," she said. "Farewell, Aoife."
"What a mess," Keith said. "Sounds like you need a drink," Bore said. "Sounds to me like it's the last thing I need. I'm going for a long run, then hit the bags. Try t burn off the frustration." "Well, if you ever need someone to talk to, or a friendly face to punch in the ring, let me know. I've had my own noble troubles." "I might take you up on that. See you next time, Bore." Later, Keith."
On his next expedition in Elsewhere, Bore found another perfect black rose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:22 am

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628103927-1

"I'll have a mocha grande frappuchino soy milk, extra cream, to go." "Hi, Molly," Bore said. "I'm sorry, we don't serve milkshakes, only coffee," Jenny said. "Like, what the actual fudge. This is a Starbucks, right?" "Nope, it's a Starcucks. This of it as a Starbucks with better coffee and less fake smiles," he said. "Like, how am I supposed to make it through the day without my mocha grande frappuchino soy milk?" Molly said. "You could try something new. Their cappuchino is excellent, actually. Alternatively I think there's three Starbucks locations on this road alone." "What the fudge is wrong with this city. Like, nothing makes sense." "Yeah, I get that feeling a lot. The world of Magic in general feels kinda strange," he said. "It's not the Magic. It's all the insane shopkeepers and bartenders and baristas. Like, I've the money. Why the fudge won't they just serve me properly?" I suspect it's because they take pride in their work." "Who the hell cares about their pride. They're minimum salary service staff, nobody's paying them for their job satisfaction," she said. "I don't know about Jenny, but if you try treating Chloe as your personal servant, I'm going to make sure I'm standing upwind from the splash damage." "What do you mean? Chloe's just some bartender. I guess the place is getting hip with the Magical community and all, but she's still just a jumped up waitress." "Well, it's your life, I guess. Good luck with that," Bore said. "Oh, you're overthinking this. How dangerous could she be? Anyway, I'm going to head down to one of the real Starbucks. Starbuckses? Whatever." "Take care."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628104103-1

"How may I serve you, My Lord?" Jenny said. "Get me my regular, would you," Bore said. "Of course, My Lord. Have a seat, I will have it for you shortly." "Thank you, Jenny."
Bore spends the time chatting with an old man at the table next to his. He's got some fascinating stories of how the world has changed since he was Bore's age.
"I should really do this more often... I feel it taught me a lot."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628104318-1

"Another Monday, another Ceremonial Magic class. I wonder if Emily will return at some point?"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628104328-1

"Hey, that's Emily. Hey, Emily, wait up!"

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628104345-1

"Give me your hand!" she said. "And hello to you too, Emily. How are you? I'm fine..." he said. "I said give me your gods-cursed hand, Bore." "Why did you make Sarah think I sexually molested you?" "Your. Hand. Wait... molested? Whoever said anything about that?" she said. "You insisted on swapping partners in Ceremonial Magic, and disappeared from class. The thots drew their own conclusions." "Their conclusions are theirs, not mine. Now give me your hand, Bore, this is important." "Why?" he wondered. "Please, Bore. I need to check something. It is important to me. And you." "Did you tell your father?" "Tell him what?" Emily said. "About Nimue. And the prophecy. And the Mantle?" "I am upset with you for hiding important things from me, Bore. But hardly arngry enough to wish you dead, which is what would happen if my Father perceives you as a threat to the Throne." "So what do you want with my hand? Is this some attempt to seal my power, so I won't be a threat to your family?" he said. "As if I could. I told you, an Evoker's Spark is a bonfire, I'd have better luck damming the Thames with my hands. My Tutor taught me to trace he spell, if it exists. I need to see if Numue was actually truthful. Now give me your hand. Please, Bore." "If it's that important to you." "I see it. But it is incredibly subtle, without knowing it was there I would never have caught it."

Love of Magic Book 1 (of 3) Completed - Page 3 20220628104508-1

"Why do you look so sad?" Bore said. "I... I had hoped that Numue was lying. That this was all a muisunderstanding. That we could go back to how it was before," Emily said. "So you think you're being mind controled?" "No. I went back to Lord Anton, the tutor who taught me magic. There is no magic or glamour placed on me." "But that's great news, right? Doesn't that mean what you feel for me is real?" he said. "What does it matter if mine are real? Nimue was right, there really is a spell on you, I can feel it questing out for me. That is what is making you think you are in love with me. It is all a lie. All of it." "The spell might have its reasons for liking you. I have mine." "Nimue was right. I am just a plain faced and flat chested girl. What man would posssibly want me for anything except my connectio to the Throne," she said. "Don't forget tomboy." "Yes! That too." "I like tomboys. And only someone as blind as Nimue would dare call you plain faced. You're beautiful." "And flat chested?" "Well, yes... maybe a little. But I find them perfect. Just the right size to fit in my hand," Bore said. "But... the spell..." "I don't care about some stupid spell. I fell in love with you without any magical interference." "How can you be so sure? Maybe it makes you think I look pretty. What if, when one day the spell goes away, you find yourself despising me? Hating me?" Emily said. "I doubt it. Katie has no spell, and no love for royals. She still finds you really hot," he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next